Remember when people thought they were good?

Remember when people thought they were good?

Attached: trigger.jpg (620x347, 7K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=ivJZljEostE
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

1 time: when kill la kill was announced

That was like back when the Little Witch Academia OVA was released

Yeah, thank god that never changed

You mean last season?

Attached: gridman-2-1.png (1200x800, 929K)

There's already a console war shitposting thread up, can we keep the cancer there?

Then it was all downhill from there.

Trigger is just a name. Imaishi and Nakashima, now that's a different story.

Attached: 1551023558419.jpg (250x219, 14K)

So far, i've liked what Amemiya has had to offer. Gridman could use some script revisions, but it's pretty well directed, and anything he helms in the future, is on my short list of things to check out.
Also, Nakashima isn't with trigger in any official capacity, AFAIK. Ninja Batman was also lesser than his work with imaishi, so i'm not 100% sold on his stuff being automatic gold.

>but it's pretty well directed
Yeah. Gridman's direction (shot composition and what not) was really excellent. That was lovely, and I'm eager to watch more Amemiya. Just, maybe not Tokushit the next time (not really a big fan of this stuff).
>so i'm not 100% sold on his stuff being automatic gold
Nothing is. People grow old. Lose their marbles, or get lost in some sidetrack nobody cares about. Still, some people just have more talent, or interesting things to tell, than others, so it's always worth a shot.
Anyways, I was just saying that a studio doesn't mean too much, but the people that actually work on something.

You should watch Robo Dad Strikes Back and Oh! Edo Rocket.

he's literally better than imaishit

They've never made anything good.

Attached: 1470422758535.gif (269x270, 387K)

I miss Inferno Cop too

Gridman had a really weird feeling to it, like all the weird stuff had directional intend i'd appreciate if i knew what it was supposed to do, but personally i just liked it whenever that very angry kid got screentime.

This. Although was alright.

>patreon down from 10k a month to 8k a month
Oh no triggerbros!

10k a month for an entire year doesn't even pay for a single episode.

Attached: studio beggar.png (1000x541, 904K)

no wonder they barely have any projects anymore. they've run out of money. I'm expecting to see another kickstarter soon.

What do you mean? Since KLK they have had 1 or 2 12+ episodes shows every year. And there is Promare which is supposed to come out in May.

How the fuck do they manage to make their stuff look so average when they only have 2 projects every year?

I wouldn't say that DitF or LWA looked average considering how low the average is nowadays.
Neither did Kiznaiver or Luluco look bad.
Gridman is more of an outlier because it was mostly the b-team that worked on it, apparently.
But I would assume it is a relatively small studio.
You can't really compare them with studios like Bones or Kyoani, who are far and above the rest.

Promare looks anything but average. Holy fuck.

Doesn't look good either. Are you saying it looks below average?

>IMPLYING

Looks different which is good enough for me.

Promare looks bad for a movie.

Yes! SSSS. Gridman was based and has shown how much they've grown since the dumpster fire that was the second half of Cringe La Cringe.

kek

You're right. It looks below average.

Remember this?
youtube.com/watch?v=ivJZljEostE

wasnt that around the time that studios like Kyoani still had good sales?

I'm pretty sure Trigger has been exposed as a shitty studio by 2018.

Not likely since that was the year their best show aired.

>he hasn't seen the trailer for Promare

You mean literally right now?
Because they have not made anything below average

>that last bit with lalafotina's helmet getting damaged
>the music playing during this part
HYPE!! Fuck me, those faggots just know how to pull just the right strings for me.

You mean until 2018 happened?

>he missed out on SSSS Gridman
oh no no no

>Gridman
>Good
That shit is literally worse than Franxx. Trigger peaked with LWA.

What really stings about Trigger isn't that they're bad, but that there are still little vestiges of Gainax genius here in there in everything they do. it just never comes together into something good.

>are still little vestiges of Gainax genius here and there
I mean, they make sure to remind you they are from gainax by never evolving their style from their gainax days.

Your taste in anime is terrible, Yea Forums.

Gridman is prime Yea Forums material. If you don’t like it something is wrong with you.
The only reason there exist people on Yea Forums that say they don’t like it is because of the Trigger name, and they probably didn’t even give the show a fair shot.

Your taste in anime is terrible, Yea Forums.

I want Yea Forums to leave

There is a reason why Franxx had multiple threads every episode while Gridman didn’t, and that is because Franxx drew in people from other boards while Gridman didn’t.
I’m sure Yea Forums was too busy with Goblin Slayer that season.

Gridman and Franxx were both great. Franxx has the best love story of all time if you ignore the last couple of episodes and Gridman was a masterpiece.

>Franxx has the best love story of all time if you ignore the last couple of episodes
You mean every episode after episode 6?

Their best work is probably LWA OVA.
Inferno Cup is just slight kek but pretty bad.
KlK, Kiz, DitF, SSSS are all ok.

Attached: 1551418336585.gif (400x225, 1.58M)

are they the only 2 anime you've watched

The second part isn't even that terrible, honestly don't get the overreactions.

>prime Yea Forums material
What the fuck does that mean

>KlK, Kiz, DitF, SSSS are all ok.
Just say it. LWA is the only thing Trigger has done that is actually good and fresh. The other ones are just your average seasonal garbage show.

Everything they've shitted out (Ninja Slayer, Inferno Cop, and Franxx included) have saved anime. If it wasn't for Studio Trigger, anime, as we know it, would of been gone ages ago.

Attached: 1539706528963.jpg (500x334, 21K)

Hence why I said they're OK. I don't think they're great at all.

this is probably the lowest quality bait I've read on this board, ever.
Go to bed user.

That it is a show Yea Forums would usually like.

when ?

Why do you think people insisted on pitting the blame on A-1 for Franxx? None of them could accept that Trigger was fucking garbage.

Those people are stupid. It was obviously the writer and directors fault like most other bad shows.

Kiznaiver > KLK > LWA > DitF > > Luluco > Inferno Cop > InoBato > Ninja Slayer> Hacka Doll
Prove me wrong. You can't.

Attached: kinonaiver.jpg (1280x720, 86K)

I would have to put Franxx lower, but otherwise I do have to agree with your opinion on the ranking of Trigger anime

>Prove me wrong.
Impossible, because only someone with brain damage would put Ninja Slayer From Animation that low.

Last year.

Attached: 2BA92849-721C-4EFD-8CAD-8CEB4E0B8EB3.jpg (1280x720, 75K)

You weren't thrown off by the VIRM shit?

The people that like KLK anyway were a real eye opener. What a joke.
>shit plot
>shit characters
>shit animation
>but it's epic let's make 30 threads and larp that we were around for TTGL
Yea Forums would be a better place if everyone in those threads just died.

I've never been a trigger nigger

Biggest red flag should have been they made the steaming pile of shit that was Kill la Kill

And by endless referencing old Gainax works in their shows. Except by Gainax works, I mean like mostly Gurren Lagann and maybe a little Eva, because somehow they have a shallow reference pool for their own previous studio.

>KLK > LWA

Attached: 1548576183812.jpg (877x481, 68K)

Inou Battle was a painfully average show overall, and the only part that stood out was when the pink-haired girl called the MC out for being a massive fucking nerd.

But they still are. Even tho franxx was one of the worst anime of last year, gridman was one of the best.

In fact, trigger had nothing to do with what made franxx a shit of a show. They were taking care of mechanical design, character design and animation. The rest were up to A1-Pictures to ruin.

Attached: [HorribleSubs] SSSS.Gridman - 01 [720p].mkv_20181006_154306.951.jpg (1280x720, 132K)

Trigger is to Gainax what George W Bush was to Papa Bush

A shitty, destructive, and low quality successor to a much superior parent

>ITT: shit Yea Forums says

Attached: 1548844130139.jpg (739x415, 35K)

You should start a .txt page on twitter that retweets all our quotes, I'm sure it would be a hit

Hahaha.

Attached: shit show.png (800x600, 195K)

Ironic considering the only people who pretended to be here in 2007 were the ones comparing KLK unfavorably to TTGL

>I'd like to think

KLK is objectively the better show than TTGL (also a good show, mind you), no matter which way you look at it. That's a fact.

I remember the opposite of that when they first showed the very scantily clad Ryuuko. Still remember the Alah approved/a/version and all the other designs we did. We wanted more LWA from what I remember, not KLK.

Completely untrue and you have literally hundreds of threads in the archive treating the show like a board wide event to prove you wrong.
I want to say nice try turning it around but it's a nice try. It's just nonsense.

>grasping this hard
Credits don't lie.

Attached: 1531024963154.png (1440x810, 2.98M)

Yeah, it started out with Trigger, and ended in a big A-1 Pictures auto felatio bang.

>no matter which way you look at it.
If you think KLK is better animated than TTGL you're shitting in your hand and telling me it's chocolate.
I'll leave people a lot of room for subjectivity but black isn't white.

Ok kid.

Attached: 1492484989152.jpg (300x338, 29K)

They had major role in pre-production and some early episodes were made at the studio. That warrants a mainstay in the credits, even when they stopped working on it early on.

I had mixed feelings with Gridman.
I'd totally love it if it had more episodes though.

>animation production: cloverworks

I'm sure trigger had absolutely nothing to do with the ending and all of the TTGL references. Oh no, that was entirely A-1.

Face it the studio is shit.

>Who is Nishigori, for 3 shekkels

Attached: 1544187527564.png (300x300, 131K)

Grasp harder.

Nishigori (Director, Series Composition) was a character designer and animation director for TTGL. He also worked on Diebuster. There's the source of the references.

Also one show doesn't speak for an entire studio. Just because this is mostly an A1 pictures title doesn't automatically make A1 shit. The same thing if it was mostly a Trigger work.

Yes, Nishigori is from A-1

FranXX >> shit >> gridman

Grasp harder.

>I'm personally not involved in that project so I can't say much
>I'd like to think
Imagine saving the worst possible post to try proving your shitpost 'argument'.

>all of the TTGL references
You're actually proving that trigger wasn't involved.

Because what would be the point of trigger making a whole new show that relies completely in a previous show's climax they made? Their anime ALWAYS strive for something different from their previous projects.

The people that took care of franxx's script had never worked on a trigger show's script.

It's most likely that Nishigori reached to trigger because of their history working together at gainax and wanted to board them into franxx.
But that's all. Franxx clearly is Nishigori's personal project heavy-handed by producers.

Attached: 1535492144602.jpg (1920x1080, 457K)

KLK, LWA and Luluco were all enjoyable

>dude don't trust an insider trust me instead
Nope. DitF is yet another record in Trigger's terrible history.

>an insider that specific says he doesn't know much because he wasn't involved in the production of that show and therefore gives his vague impressions of what he thinks happened
>and even in the case of a 50/50 production one of the studios can perfectly handle total creative control, which was the case
So shut up already.

>DitF is yet another record in Trigger's terrible history
Keep crying.

>dude trust me
Nah.

>Because what would be the point of trigger making a whole new show that relies completely in a previous show's climax they made? Their anime ALWAYS strive for something different from their previous projects.
LOL

gridman's climax (and the excuse for the holes in its treatment of the cast aside from tiddies) is apparently excused by a throwaway line in the source material. klk is literally just ttgl with tiddies- every single thing is a fucking retread of ttgl with a new paintjob, down to the aesthetics of the life fibers vs the spiral/drill threading. promare is apparently just "ha ha hey guys remember kamina ha ha ha" and the trailer straight out flaunts its similarities to ttgl and klk. something different my ass

fpbp

Based. Trigger hype died when the first episode of KLK aired. Rest in peace Gainax.

When was the last time you all enjoyed anime?

Attached: 1356204498077.jpg (4000x2780, 978K)

nobody here likes anime, they just want to shitpost

>if you don't like (thing that is shit) you don't enjoy anime!

Am i on Yea Forums are something ?
Do you have to act like wretches ?

Because they're good

Literally every day for the past 15 years or so. Fuck off.

Are you dumb?

Fuck off, bait general.

>ssss gridman bad
>klk 2nd half bad
People like you is Why Npc meme exist

Yea Forums would be a better place if retards like you just died.

Trigger is the most fakehype shit I've ever seen produced. Overuse of THE EPIC SONG makes the actual good moments that should use it feel overused

don't bully trigger. they are trying their hardest to relive their glory days back in gainax.

trigger is good and that's my opinion

What a delusional tasteless faggot

Man this thread is sure full of tastlets

You know when you post a trigger hate thread you achieve literally nothing.

Well yes, but saying the second part was irredeemable trash is an exaggeration. Of course they should have handled it better, but what else could they have done? Given the tech, that shouldn't be too much of a surprise if there was extra life after the franxx/klax reveal. If anything people should have been thrown off by the Klaxosaur princess.

Agreed. This kind of trigger hate thread is only effective on board like Yea Forums; it really won't rustle any jimmies on Yea Forums.

Yes, I remember when they were Gainax.

It's hard to forget when they keep reminding us every 2 seconds with their show.

Funny to think that they were supposed to be the saviors of anime.

I hope nobody actually believed that.

>Franxx has the best love story of all time

This isn't even good as a joke. Just stop.

Attached: 1496935630584.jpg (331x301, 20K)

>Franxx has the best love story
Imagine thinking that way

Attached: 1551776716494.jpg (355x452, 114K)

Hir02 will live forever

Attached: 1529675775089.png (1002x1500, 904K)

02 will live forever, Hiro is a completely forgettable character with zero unique features. Literally a self insert character.