Did Yea Forums ever hear about or watch Get Backers?

Did Yea Forums ever hear about or watch Get Backers?
What exactly went wrong with this anime?

Attached: 171441.jpg (981x1200, 283K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=JvyT126HkaM
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Gay backers

Brokebackers happened

It was incredibly gay.

DEEN and the anime-original ending, because the manga was years away from finishing.

explain

It's legitimately the gayest shounen in existence. Nothing else comes close. It's well justified and all, but it's still really gay.

Attached: official fucking art.jpg (2055x3000, 941K)

Yea Forums told me it was homo, but I honestly could see none of it except for that trap. I liked it and it made me dream about driving around with a bro, helping people in need and becoming jack-off-all-trades.

The ones talking seem to have only seen the homo promotional art which the artist is well-known for anyway.

It's been a long while since I watched it but the first serious arc into the hidden city was alright and the episodic SOL 'retreivals' weren't too bad either. I can not remember the ending. Also, massive homolust in the show.

You need to read the mango for the full experience.

Attached: es70op.jpg (644x573, 110K)

They rushed through a lot of content and skipped the most important part, the end, god tier OPs and EDs though, also, fucking read the manga, that ending will haunt me forever.

It's pretty impressive that the manga was this close to the standard full retard shounen endgame and yet it still managed to stick the landing.

Art means nothing. Official art pandering to fujos from straight shows happen all the time with no regard for their actual personalities and relationships. It's completely out of character.

That said, Ban and Ginji were gay.

Kazuki is a great trap too.

>there will never be a reboot
>they will never finish animating the series
>they skipped animating a whole arc

>I can not remember the ending.
That's because there wasn't a real one, they just hinted that shit was happening in the tower and that was it. Read the manga for the ending, and the real homolust.

Pls, spoil me the end.

I got lured in by Hevn and regretted it.

Never watched the anime, but the manga got gayer and gayer and the people got longer and longer.

I liked the power system in it. I don't remember any ridiculous power scaling or inflation but it has been way too long since I watched it to remember.

There was some serious power creep towards the end, but it was conditional and actually justified.

Attached: tumblr_p3v3z70bKy1tp5yuio1_500.gif (500x357, 1.35M)

Gay or not it was pretty awesome. I can only dream for a reboot.

Reboot never ever. Thanks for nothing, DEEN.

Ban/Ginji OTP.

Attached: WatchExpectGot - GetBackers.png (820x685, 676K)

>that one time when Ban trolled Shido by threatening to tell his girlfriend that he's literally whoring himself for money
Good times.

Nothing, it was pretty good, people on this thread are just trolling.

Mate, just go read it, it's worth it, I mean, how many times a series have ended in people actually choosing to live in the dream world, you usually get the contrary in this kind of situations.

They could have gone full FREEDOM, but Ban killed himself and shut down that option to save Ginji, so the standard freedom path didn't quite work out.

Well, it was gay. It was also a genuinely well done manga with hype fights.

i watched it a long time ago but i legit can't remember the gay
i do remember it was quite bland and forgettable

JUST ONE MINUTE

The anime made it gay for some reason, but it was mostly one of the ED themes.

dat Akabane tho

Attached: Eyecatch - Akabane.jpg (1024x768, 150K)

Is it worth reading If you don't like homolust?

Well, it does have quite a lot of T&A fanservice to balance things out.

Attached: Get Backers v20 p060.jpg (583x896, 194K)

>homo this gay that
It's got good girls too. My waifu is from GetBackers.

>it was mostly one of the ED themes
You mean this one. youtube.com/watch?v=JvyT126HkaM

The manga was full on titty fanservice but paradoxically it's where the true gay lies.

It's ok. Fun fights, ok arcs, some power creep near the end and it's just fight after fight. Like I said, there's lots of fanservice, and they can come off as platonic life partners as well. It's just that there's no real romance and they really love each other. The trap triangle is undeniably gay though.

Attached: clayman.jpg (570x428, 39K)

>tfw that last fight between Ban and Akabane will never get animated
Fuck this gay earth.

Good taste. Clayman best girl.

Ah, fellow men of culture, I see.
>voiced by Megumi Ogata using a feminine-ish tone
MUH

Attached: clayman11.jpg (640x480, 35K)

My husbando was Akabane. And it was odd, I never ever thought there was something between Ban and Ginji until I started looking for fanart and stumble on the homo ones. GB was my introduction to the fujo world, but I was never able to turn GB into a homoplot.

>Clayman was only 26th in popularity polls
Fucking Nips.

Attached: getbackers-311960.jpg (800x1214, 117K)