Hey, newfag here. I recently started watching anime, dubbed...

Hey, newfag here. I recently started watching anime, dubbed. However over the past months I've started to watch a lot more subbed and the experience was neither better nor worse. I know that dubbed is vastly hated in the anime community, but i'm curious to see if there are any specific/personal reasons why it's disliked. Please voice your opinion!

Attached: file.png (571x446, 125K)

Welcome newfriend! It's an unwritten rule here on 4channel.org Yea Forums to lurk for 2 years before posting, but hey, in the meantime you can post over on reddit.com, I heard r/anime has an excellent community! See you in two more years, bud!

English voice acting sounds so forced and fucking gay, I don't know how to describe it. I'm so much more able to accept cringey dialogue if it isn't actually said by a really earnest, starving english VA who's career path has led him to playing a tertiary character in Soon-to-be-axed Isekai Harem no.1561613321

There is a concern with trying to convert scripts to fit US cultural norms which I dislike, especially since they can't keep their politics out of it: I watch Anime to avoid US politics. Not that subbing doesn't have that problem, it's just easier to avoid and find alternatives.

it's simple, i wanna watch anime, not subtitles

because it isn't that smooth of an experience since the voice actors must adapt their line to the mouth flap. I only watch dubbed hen I'm curious about how they went to translate series I already watched with subs.

I think dubbed anime is better if they are given a budget to hire good voice actors. Otherwise I watch the vast majority of my anime subbed. It takes a real special crew of talent to make me watch a dubbed anime.

because cringey dialogue sounds better in a language I can't understand. Plus most English VA's are shit, always sound super forced, and are massive fags

Lurk more faggot

There are some good dubs. Black Lagoon's dub is far superior to the original voices, its not even a close comparison either. Cowboy Bebop and Outlaw Star are also quality dubs. The dubs that come across terrible are the ones that consist of cringe dialogue. This usually consists of anything involving a high school or someone who recently left a highschool. Its all about how the characters are written, if they talk like morons you can't save them. When you hear it in your native language you start noticing how fucking stupid the show really is.

>Black Lagoon's dub is far superior to the original voices
It's shit. The only thing going for it is that English makes more sense given the story.

Honestly I don't see what the big deal is about rape. It's just a dick in your hole for a few minutes. It's nowhere near as bad as murder, cancer, or getting flirty eyes from a fat chick. And really, women can't be raped since the vagina is designed to accommodate cock. Only men can be raped. If a woman is penetrated anally against her will, she's just experiencing male rape, which is an excellent learning experience for her, to discover the struggles that men go through.
For women, rape isn't a big deal. It's just typical female exaggeration to get attention. They all fantasize about rape so they actually enjoy it. They just want to trade in their "victim" status for clothing and jewelry and don't want to give sex away for free. Really, the only punishment for rape should be to pay the equivalent of the going rate for whatever sex act was performed with a local prostitute of equivalent attractiveness. Since it's the same punishment, why would anyone rape a Feminist instead of a beautiful woman?
Those fat ugly feminists that scream the loudest that "no means NO," are actually hoping to limit the amount of sex the genetically gifted attractive women get. And, in so doing, hoping that some hapless male starving for sex will find himself scraping the very, very bottom of the barrel where the fat and ugly feminist will finally have the chance to scream, "YES, FUCK ME HARD."
Hey fat ugly feminists, it isn't going to work. You only really have one option. Lose the weight, learn how to use make up, and get an overhaul of your personality. In some cases you may need extensive plastic surgery to have any hope of getting my cock rammed into your ass. In some extreme cases, it is entirely hopeless and you should just give up. If you are this last case, try having sex with animals if you find you can approach them without scaring them away.

Attached: 1538314196772.png (1094x1008, 1.07M)

English VAs can't do loli voices. Also can't hear Takehito Koyasu's voice if you watch dubs.

>Hey, newfag here
fuck off

Because subbed anime means watching the show, whereas dubbed anime is watching some secondary byproduct of said show

>dubbed hated in anime community

It's hated in any community, why would you watch something not as close as possible to the original intention as possible instead of shitty script rewrites and changed characterizations

Golden Boy has the only good anime dub

Being a voice actor is a legit career in Japan and there are even schools that teach it there. Everywhere else it's mostly just a side job for actors, except for the same few that voice every fucking anime dub. So not only do Japanese voices sound better because the original script and language fit it more, but also because there's just more selection for each role and the actors are all professionals.

Try watching shows/movies in your foreign language dubbed into another language you understand.

I think that anime will always sound more cringy in your native language. listening to it in japanese makes the voice acting sound top tier generally since you're not familiar with the language so you don't have much capacity to really think about criticizing the performance

id like to see a dub of kaguya just to confirm how much of a failure it would be compared to the japanese

sub-soul
dub-souless
even the animes that are decent dubbed are just shit tier compared to the sub

>listening to it in japanese makes the voice acting sound top tier generally since you're not familiar with the language so you don't have much capacity to really think about criticizing the performance

This it wrong. You can easily pick out and unfitting or shit performance in Japanese if you used a fraction of your brain and paid attention. The main reason people don't like dubs is because of the required dialogue changes that happens.

When the dialogue changes happen, it also changes a lot about a character, story or interaction. This doesn't happen in just anime but in video games too.

For example, Drakengard 3 has issues with the dub where Zero's only emotion is "angry bitch". In the Japanese version her anger overall is a lot more nuanced. Almost lethargic more of a "I'm tired of this shit" rather than what the dub's direction did.

The same happens with 2B's dub voice in Nier Automata. She just sounds like a cold bitch and always has a hint of sarcasm in her voice which is not what the Japanese version sounds like.

I like to suck my toes at times, some days I go several weeks without bathing and my foot has this piercing smell. The taste is atrocious but it gets me so god damn hard whenever I do it. More and more its becoming a problem, I think my wife and kids are onto me. I've been trying to hide it by telling them that I've been having stomach issues and locking my self in the bathroom for 10-15 minutes sucking my toes. But the urge is growing stronger day by day. The other day I was sucking them for a good hour while my wife was sleeping. My life is spiraling out of control and I don't really know how to stop myself, it's like a weird addiction that I can't control and I'm too embarrass in getting real help at this point.

I don't really like dubs very much since I think the general talent pool is worse, it's definitely gotten better over the years though.

>He hasn't seen Denpa Kyoushi

Attached: 280021[1].jpg (225x350, 36K)

>newfag
>Chikanigger
Yikes

Why

>Cowboy Bebop and Outlaw Star are also quality dubs
Imagine thinking this

>I think that anime will always sound more cringy in your native language
Wrong. American cartoon movies always hire actual actors and they sound decent compared to american dubs.

Does Boku no Pico have a dub? Nope, I don't fucking think so.

dubfag status:
[ ] Not told
[X] Told
[X] TOLDASAURUS REX
[X] Cash4told.com
[X] No country for told men
[X] Knights of the told Republic
[X] ToldSpice
[x] The Elder Tolds IV: Oblivious
[x] Command & Conquer: Toldberian Sun
[x] GuiTold Hero: World Told
[X] Told King of Boletaria
[x] Countold Strike
[x] Unreal Toldament
[x] Stone-told Steve Austin
[X] Half Life 2: Episode Told
[x] World of Warcraft: Catoldclysm
[X] Roller Coaster Toldcoon
[x] Assassin’s Creed: Tolderhood
[x] Battletolds
[x] S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Shatold of Chernobyl
[X] Toldasauraus Rex 2: Electric Toldaloo
[x] Told of Duty 4: Modern Toldfare
[X] Pokemon Told and Silver
[x] The Legend of Eldorado : The Lost City of Told
[X] Rampage: Toldal Destruction
[x] Told Fortress Classic
[x] Toldman: Arkham Told
[X] The Good, The Bad, and The Told
[x] Super Mario SunTold
[x] Legend of Zelda: Toldacarnia of Time
[X] Toldstone creamery
[x] Mario Golf: Toldstool Tour
[X] Super Told Boy
[X] Left 4 Told
[X] Battoldfield: Bad Company 2
[x] Toldman Sachs
[X] Conker’s Bad Fur Day: Live and Retolded
[x] Lead and Told: Gangs of the Wild West
[x] Portold 2
[x] Avatold: The Last Airbender
[X] Dragon Ball Z Toldkaichi Budokai
[x] Toldcraft II: Tolds of Toldberty
[x] Leo Toldstoy
[x] Metal Gear Toldid 3: Snake Eater
[X] 3D Dot Told Heroes
[x] J.R.R Toldkien’s Lord of the Told
[x] Told you that ps3 has no games
[X] LitTOLD Big Planet
[x] Rome: Toldal War
[x] Gran Toldrismo 5
[x] Told Calibur 4
[x] Told Fortress 2
[x] Castlevania: RonTold of Blood
[x] Guilty Gear XX Accent Told
[x] Cyndaquil, Chicorita, and Toldodile
[x] was foretold
[x] demon’s told
[x] http//:www.youtold.com
[x] Tolden Sun: Dark Dawn
[x] Tic-Tac-Told
[X] Biotold 2
[X] Toldbound
[x] icetold
[x] Told of the Rings

Attached: 1331689169916.jpg (406x480, 201K)

Are you implying that there aren't dozens of dubs with professional VAs?

Beautiful. Have a (you).

Because American accents are trash to begin with, forcing a silly voice on top only makes it worse.

>professional VAs
I'm talking about actual actors, idiot.

Serious answer: when you translate something, you're bound to lose part of the original meaning. It happens with everything, subs included.
The problem is that subs just give you the best accurate (hopefully) translation and stop at that, so the problem is not that big. When you're making a dub script instead you're limited by many other binds: you have to get the timing right, you have to (at least loosely) match the lips moving, make the script even more viewer-friendly and so on.
So, under the very uncommon assumption that the voice acting in the dub is actually good, the dub would still be inferior most of the times.
Of course a great dub would theoretically be better than the subs in some cases (some kind of commedies for example), but that's very unlikely to happen.
Still, lurk more etc. like the others said.

What a nostalgic pasta, thanks.