Slayers!

Attached: 1515730462393.jpg (720x480, 53K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=bbfaF5otJv0
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

tfw nobody likes good anime anymore

Hello again!

I love Lina! Are there any other shows with a similar feel and spunkiness as Slayers?

Attached: Lina Inverse - 1.jpg (432x432, 31K)

Konosuba.

Rah Tilt does damage to Astral Bodies which are what Mazoku truly are. The end bosses in Slayers all have absolutely stupid sized astral bodies so it's only chipping away at them, it's the same reason Ragna Blade can't kill any of Shabby's generals. It's doing damage but just not enough in relative terms.

Hope someone translates novel vol 17 that just published a while ago.

The demons are plainly overpowered, at least in the books I read (Up until what would be the end of Next).
In the anime it seems like humans have more of a chance against them.

>Ragna Blade
disappointing that it doesn't get more use, that thing is cool as shit. The blade being literally just random black pulsing energy with no consistent shape, that extends out almost like a whip when you swing it.
Shit's badass.

Attached: ragna blade.jpg (500x382, 65K)

>BD's delayed to June

just kill me right now

Attached: slayers_bd.jpg (3136x1498, 661K)

Probably a good thing so that the other remasteres can be shown in the highest quality in order to prevent the same mistakes the more recent release had given us.

I love this day

Attached: linagang.png (2106x1390, 3.42M)

They doing a remaster?

Well yes in fact, the first season came out in December but it wasn't exactly in the best quality, at least the sound was crystal clear. For the next two seasons there likely going to do a true remaster as they were delayed for June.

Oh nice, I recently watched first season, so I guess I'll skip that one then, and watch S2 and 3 when they come out

OH I almost forgot that the movies were also given remasters about a few years ago and they are quite nice. Enjoy the thread

Sayuki
Shin Koihime Musou

Attached: 1452800621761.jpg (640x480, 194K)

Why was movie 5 so bad?

youtube.com/watch?v=bbfaF5otJv0

Attached: oh-ho-ho-ho-ho-ho-ho-ho-ho-ho-ho-ho.jpg (542x682, 126K)

I'm amazed at the extra work that was put into translating the spells.
>Darkness beyond twilight, Crimson beyond blood that flows
>Buried in the stream of time is where your power grows
>I pledge myself to conquer all the foes who stand before the might gift bestowed in my unworthy hand
>Let the fools who stand before me be destroyed by the power you and I possess

Attached: Linaragna.jpg (328x292, 58K)

90s translations were works of art, some great people worked on that shit back then.

Seriously. Even just looking at something like Konosuba and Megumin's chants, they just don't compare to Lina's
>Lord of the Dreams that Terrify
>Sword of Cold and Darkness, free yourself from the heaven's bonds
>Become one with my power, one with my body and let us walk the path of destruction together
>power that can smash even the souls of gods

Attached: ragna blade 2.jpg (1280x720, 37K)

they were delayed because the illustrator had open heart surgery recently and couldn't do the BD illustrations.

Naga is the best slayers girl and in general best girl.

Slayers with Naga = great
Slayers without Naga = pretty damn boring

What a lazy piece of shit.

Slayers TV translations were riddled with errors, the spells were the only part that Nadelman put effort into.

>What a lazy piece of shit.
Araizumi doesn't take care of himself, eats junk food every day and hardly sleeps, likely never exercises either since he's obese. Now it's all caught up to him, and he's been in the hospital constantly for the past year with various infections, and now this heart problem. He brought this fate on himself sadly.

>ra tilt
>literally never works on anything past the first lowest level monster
mhm tell me more

It's a shame how the party members other than Lina get sidelined. Can't remzmber Zel or Amelia doing anything major after the first season.

Attached: 1358638773932.png (349x318, 183K)

Lina being too OP is the biggest problem with Slayers. I like that the anime staff developed Zel and Amelia's characters more than the novels did, but I wish they had given them more to do in battles than job to Lina every time.

The whole gag is that they're essentially a "real" DnD party, i.e. Lina has min max'd her character to be busted, Gourry put everything into swords, Zelgadis actually takes it way too seriously making a properly balanced character whose weak as shit, and Amelia doesn't take it seriously at all and thus created a character that's all over the place.

And Xelos is their dickbag DM putting them in stupid scenarios as punishment

You'll never convince nostalgiafags of anything user.

Attached: just because its a fact.png (471x81, 4K)

I'm ok with this.

Attached: 1532874751194.png (960x800, 195K)

>It's a shame how the party members other than Lina get sidelined
Zel was significant after season 1.

Seasons 4 and 5 can't be THAT bad, right?

No they weren't, unless you support commie tier localisations. Tokyopop was most notorious for this. Now that I can actually read moon, I've been looking at the raws for say, Lupin and comparing with TP's releases - there were mistranslations and cases where they just made their own jokes.