One Piece

What is your opinion on Fishman Island, PH and Dressrosa (also know as the Dark Ages of One Piece)? Did you enjoy these years?

I stopped reading during PH and just picked up again during Dressrosa. Dressrosa was still painful, but not so much.

Attached: Fishman_Island_Arc.png (1300x1360, 3.52M)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=CirLmTzDldk
youtu.be/0PsAJDrojW0
youtu.be/d_ei86C9WHA
nytimes.com/video/style/100000005806771/japan-chicano-culture.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

punk hazard is where I dropped the series, never picked it back up

>dark ages
piss off idiots, there are no dark ages in one piece. due to the nature of one piece reading weekly can be tiresome sometimes but every arc is perfectly fine once its finished and you can read it in its entirety. now fuck off troll

Why is he so fucking gucci, bros?

Attached: Kuyin-sama.png (867x896, 618K)

what is PH?

My least favorite arc was when they went to the sky kingdom

>O-One Piece is perfect, guise! There are no bad arcs in this +20 years long manga

Embarrassing. Being a fan doesn't mean you have to act like a cultist

every arc has some flaws but there's no such thing as a bad arc in One Piece
now let's this thread die

Fishman Island was rough week to week, as was the later half of Dressrosa. Punk Hazard was a great arc in my opinion, and I’ve definitely enjoyed the other two arcs as time has progressed. In particular Reverie makes the Fishman Island into some much needed context.

Fishman Island was trash.

fightfag detected

who is this

Attached: static-assets-upload3813240963809810231.png (689x480, 122K)

Luffy's shadow released into the wild by Moriah

Im using either Uranus or Pluton to destroy FI

FI is one of the worst OP arcs, pre and post time skip.
Punk hazzard is boring but has some good moments. Dressrosa, the same as PH, but better

>Dark Ages of One Piece
I've never seen anyone call it this except you. What kind of gaia faggot forums do you use where people say corny shit like this.

>Fishman Island
Had some good parts and some horrible ones.
>Punk Hazard
I loved it, fun and entertaining.
>Dressrosa
Felt way too long but looking back it might have been ok I guess. The shitposting was hilarious.

>waaah waah stop talking about things that i don't like waaa waaah

Shanks after he gets his hat back

Okay, who's this motherfucker?

Attached: Oden.png (146x225, 11K)

Momos sibling.

>TS was 8 years ago

Attached: 1550989770240.png (384x323, 165K)

>marineford babies are now on college

Attached: josh drinking.jpg (1280x720, 62K)

Seriously, tho, what the fuck was Oda even thinking?

Attached: Birdcage.png (1192x672, 860K)

Based and redpilled. Dressrosa has some of the best lore and characters in the series as well as having so yuge plot twists, PH is fun af with Law being hype and badass and Fishman Island is weak but shows off post TS SH making it a stupid but good shounen battle arc.

What's his endgame?

Attached: Imu.jpg (1280x720, 243K)

>(also know as the Dark Ages of One Piece)

Lmao nigga try a little harder

Fishman island started off great and became men, but PH was 10/10 and dressrosa just dragged on too long despite also having 10/10 moments. No one calls them the dark ages though, how cringe are you

Fishman arc was bad
Punk hazard was fun
Dressrosa was good but a bit too long
Big mom was good
Wano arc is bad, unfocused and a goddamn mess everywhere.

>he thinks that the birdcage is fine

>his

>plot device/asspull/shit writing/plot convenience
Call it whatever you want, but i think no one here disagrees that with the concept and introduction of the birdcage, this arc hit rock bottom.

Please let the memes live, I like them.

Attached: 1427331365477.png (527x281, 50K)

God I wish that was me between Queen's lips

Spoilers when?

Attached: 17863520.jpg (931x520, 231K)

JoyBoy reanimated with the Op Op no mi

>tfw no Robin gf to bind and milk you dry

Probably the same thing he was thinking when he created Sugar.

What an absolute clusterfuck of an arc.

Attached: Sugar.png (404x674, 276K)

The way that gucci look on you amazing.
But nothing can compare to when you're naked.
Now a Backwood and some Henny got you faded
You're saying you're the one for me, I need to face it

Attached: Queen_Manga_Infobox.png (565x669, 401K)

Didn't the "nothing happens: the chapter" meme begin during Dressrosa?
I remember it being spammed in every chapter thread because of how fucking boring that whole arc was

>dressrosa
>10/10 moments

yikes
the best thing about that arc was Doflamingo's flashback, And that was a 8.5/10 being generous

>Fishman Island
Reread it recently. Really enjoyed it and realized it was not as bad as everyone thinks it is. Shirahoshi is still lame though.
>Punk Hazard
I always thought it was a really fun arc with lots of good moments and great characters. Leads into Dressrosa nicely.
>Dressrosa
In all honesty, it's a top 5 OP arc. So much happened, so many stories and characters to take in. Also has it's share of great moments. It DEFINITELY has its share of flaws with it, but no arc in OP is flawless.

Don't ever compare the travesty that was Dressrosa to actual decent arcs like PH and FI.

>but no arc in OP is flawless.

The entire East Blue saga is completely perfect and, along with Ennies Lobby, carries the franchise to this day

>Fishman Island, PH and Dressrosa (also know as the Dark Ages of One Piece)
newfag

>The entire East Blue saga is completely perfect
Usopp's arc says otherwise
>Ennies Lobby
Overrated garbage full of asspulls.

>East Blue saga is completely perfect
east blue has 8-9/10 arcs in it and 4-6/10 arcs as well.
>Enies Lobby
O MY SECOND GEAR!

A lot of 10/10 moments of the fanbase
youtube.com/watch?v=CirLmTzDldk

Looking back it feels too short.

>Fishman Island
Made me drop the anime. Has great worldbuilding pieces with FIsher Tiger and Otohime's flashbacks and some worldbuilding blocks at the end of the arc with catching up with Akainu becoming a fleet admiral for example and confirming Shirahoshi as an ancient weapon.
The meat of the arc was pretty boring though, it was just a showreel of Strawhats new abilities.

>Punk Hazard
Couple good moments (Law cutting up the island for example) and lot of running and lot of Chopper. I liked it more when it ran than I do now. Meat of it was better than FI but didn't really give much to whole story

>Dressrosa
Had great but bit too big of a cast. Doflamingo family was mostly great and couple of the Colosseum people were great like Barto. However it dragged a bit too much starting from Sabo comeback. It is okay, just too long.

>disliking Syrup Village arc

what the actual fuck?

>Liking these abominations
Not to mention how much it drags on and on. Usopp may be a good character now, but good god was he an annoying little shit when first introduced.

Attached: Sham_and_Buchi_Attack_Zoro.png (600x425, 378K)

>b-b-but syrup village and orange town are comfy fun and have le S O U L
fuck off. they aren't that good.

This is my exact opinion, I think PH gets a lot of undeserved hate. Dressrosa pacing was so bad that right after Zou I stopped following weekly until WCI was nearly over. Which really renewed my interest in the series.

Attached: 1549559446821.png (599x590, 63K)

Are you implying that Sham and Buchi are worse than major villains from the New World, such as Diamante and Machvise?
Usopp's flashback and Usopp joining the crew were more emotional than any forced tearjerker post-TS. Kuro,with the little exposition he got, was also more interesting than all the "muh tragic backstoru" villains that came afterwards

>marineford babies unironically like post-timeskip shit better than East Blue saga

The absolute state of these threads

What are you Queenfags gonna do once he jobs to Luffy in the next chapter?

Anyone playing the Bounty Rush mobile game?

Attached: One Piece Bounty Rush.jpg (900x562, 91K)

Not a Queenfag but I'd be disappointed. I want Luffy to be bullied badly.

Never heard of it. Looks lit

Punk hazard is such a blur to me, i think i blocked it out. Easily worst part of the manga and its the only part of the anime I did not watch. Would have been much better if it was zou sized.

Do people unironically say lit? Are you 12?

I jsut finished first saga and I must say its really good. you guys were right about One piece.

All four (4) of her different abilities would be high tier standalone fruits.
The Hobby Hobby Fruit is easily one of the top 5 most powerful DFs in the series.

And that's why "don't drop until you've finished Arlong Park" is the thing most people hear when asking about OP?

I'd say Punk Hazard, while enjoyable for me, was more of a transition arc. It basically was used to set up the stage for Dressrosa from Smiles, to Doffy. I didn't really care much for the children's story but the rest was entertaining.

pls no hate senpai

Attached: old meme.jpg (320x320, 21K)

Yep. Think of it as one big season. Chapter 1 all the way to Along Park is like a saga.

>don't drop until you've finished Arlong Park

I don't understand this meme at all. If people think that early OP is so ""'boring""", then just skip over to Marineford.

That'd where Punk Hazard fucked up imo. Despite only being a transition arc, it lasted for 46 chapters. That's nearly as long as Thriller Bark.

Probably Im-sama or someone else wearing that strawhat we saw frozen.

Than you'd be missing a lot of the important stuff. Like who the hell are most of the characters. And there a bunch of references to things that have happened in the series. You can do as you like, but you'll miss a lot of important stuff.

>What is your opinion on Fishman Island, PH and Dressrosa (also know as the Dark Ages of One Piece)?
fishman island is excellent tho

Attached: nothing.jpg (760x1200, 256K)

>but no arc in OP is flawless.
>what is Thriller Bark?

Whenever I read Marineford, there's a strong impression that all the big players are just dicking around in between their actual time on panel. Standoffs and skirmishes begin and end seemingly at random.

>(also know as the Dark Ages of One Piece)
Only to fightfags and powerlevel fags.

even if it was a smart move from oda in hindsight (in order to avoid any future arguments about powerscaling), that's pretty much the most common complaint you'll find about the arc

No it wasnt

Hody was just a cheap knockoff of Aarlong and Luffy basically one shot him.

Fishman Island was an arc that was built up from the beginning of the series, and it was probably the worst arc in the whole manga.

The "weapon" being the giant mermaid chick also makes 0 fucking sense

But fightfags must have loved Dressrosa. Between the colosseum, Green Bit, and Bird Cage, like 70% or more of the arc was fighting if I'm remembering it right.

>the snoozefest that is Filler Ark
>flawless

Thats the arc where brook joined, how can it be filler?

also luffy taking out moira oars and then zoro tanking all the dmg from kuma is probably his most based moment

It's also the only arc Oda has admitted to using deus ex machina to end. Shanks showing up was not something he originally had in mind.

Except fightfaggotry and powerlevelfaggotry went off the charts after the timeskip because "muh haki" and muh "pre-ts vs post-ts"

>can dressrosa bellamy defeat marineford crocodile??? can post-ts franky defeat pre-ts luffy????

fightfags love post-ts. shit got ridiculous

A
FUCKING
STRAWHAT

Attached: postman.jpg (360x360, 11K)

>Luffy basically one shot him.
This is what I'm talking about. Fightfags ruin these threads and I wish they would just create a Powerlevel General and leave the rest of us alone. How fucking stupid do you have to be to not understand what Fishman Island was about? It's literally a manga for CHILDREN and it still went over your heads?

>Hody was just a cheap knockoff of Aarlong
they represent two completely different ideologies
>Luffy basically one shot him
luffy also one-shot usopp when he was challenged by the latter in water 7. does that make their fight irrelevant?
also true

Fightfags love seeing Zoro and Luffy and jerking off to how strong they are. They don't care about "literally whos" and "jobbers" which would be everyone in Dressrossa who wasn't Luffy and Zoro to them.

>they represent two completely different ideologies

Not even that guy, but you got my attention. How do they represent "completely different ideologies"?

Not flawless but my favourite. Might be because it was the first one I read weekly from the start, though.
Up to this day I want nothing more than another all vs. one fight.

>luffy also one-shot usopp when he was challenged by the latter in water 7. does that make their fight irrelevant?

Yes. Usopp is weak so his fight was boring. Easily the most skippable part of Water 7.

As a strawhat fun fag I suffered a lot.

In terms of character design theyre very similar.

Luffy fighting Usopp is completely different than Hody Jones.
Hody was supposed to be the final boss of the chapter, akin to Crocodile, Flamingo e.t.c.
You're retarded if you compare the two fights together

Stop being retarded. Fightfags love to discuss the powerlevel of every single new character that appears. You're using "fightfag" inaccurately to sound smart.

Reminder that “One Piece” is just one piece of Joy Boy’s frozen straw hat, and it’s been on Luffy’s head the whole time.9

>luffy also one-shot usopp when he was challenged by the latter in water 7

No, he did not. Usopp actually showed a great deal of skill and courage in that fight, what made it more enticing. It was really cool to see what a determinated Usopp could do.

How many different kind of fags with mostly contradictory tastes are there? I guess it's
>fightfags
>characterfags
>lorefags
>adventurefags
>comedyfags

>Dark Age
One Piece never had a Dark Age, stop being a try-hard faggot. Despite some minor hiccups there and there, One Piece continued to have an entertaining and interesting story to tell.

They literally spell it out for you in the manga. It's not even subtext, you fucking speedreader.

Arlong's ideology was formed from his personal experiences, sailing with Tiger and former slaves, experiencing first hand what humans had done to Fishmen. Hody is the next generation. The generation who just get the grudges and hatred of those before them imprinted. Humans never did anything to him. He just learned from his elders that he's suppose to hate them. That's what he represented, a learned prejudice that both humans and Fishmen alike need to overcome. The hatred festered and became more extreme because it was just pure prejudice. Arlong hated humans because of what they did to his people. Arlong loved his people and would never harm one of his Fishman brothers. Hody would kill any Fishman who doesn't adhere to his ideals. What's important to him is only Fishman superiority.

They literally repeat this over and over. "Children are innocent. They have no need for the hatred of their parents." It was illustrated in Koala, it was illustrated in the children of Fishman Island who wanted to go to the surface and buy straw hats, and is further being illustrated by Neptune actually attending the Reverie and Saint Donquixote growing from his experience with Otohime. We see Fishman parents begrudgingly admit to their children that "yes, there are good humans in the world" because they learned what Hody's type of hatred could do.

Fishman Island had bigger themes than "Luffy punch this guy" and it makes fightfags furious.

Attached: 1457250845069.gif (220x220, 957K)

You forgot
>Carrotfags
>Charlottefags

Fightfags love to call everyone who doesn't bring Luffy 1 inch within death a jobber.

AYO HOL UP
*smacks lips
SO U BE SAYIN'
WE WUZ FISHES 'N SHEEIIIIT?

>How do they represent "completely different ideologies"?
arlong's racism is backed up by his past. while it's true that his hate towards humans was still fresh when he was with the sun pirates, it was nothing compared to what we've seen in arlong park: in fact, remember how it was arlong himself to stop jinbe from killing humans during their raid
hody's racism instead is completely empty: he was told to hate humans since he was kid and that's what he has been doing since then. he experienced no real episode to excuse not even an ounce of the hate he feels towards the human race

arlong's racism was "reasonable" while hody's was "realistic"
>In terms of character design theyre very similar.
that's not even true
>You're retarded if you compare the two fights together
they both are the main fights of their respective arcs

>The "weapon" being the giant mermaid chick also makes 0 fucking sense
This is something that's always bugged me too.
Not to mention sea kings have consistently been portrayed as fodder to any powerhouse.
The banana gators were hyped as being able to prey on sea kings.
One of Franky's small prototype ships killed one.
A Marine captain running on train tracks in the middle of the raging ocean effortlessly diced one.
The blugori, which Luffy clobbered with relatively ease, hunt them underwater in their own territory as rations for Impel Down.
They outright fear the Kuja serpents.

I mean, I get that if coordinated they could devastate most of the OP world's maritime trade, but someone like Aokiji could still effortlessly kill them all if given the chance. Proficient CoC users could probably ward them off too. Not to mention that "Poseidon" herself, Shirahoshi, is one of the biggest wimps in the series and almost anyone could kill her.

In comparison, Pluton has far more hype. It's been repeatedly implied to be some kind of eldritch warship, can completely destroy entire islands in just one shot, and everyone was confident that it could end the Great Age of Piracy. That means Whitebeard, Shanks, Big Mom, and Kaidou could have teamed up, and it would apparently still annihilate all of them.

Newnakamafags, the most annoying subgenre of characterfags.

Fuck off, kyros was the best part of dressrosa.

Fightfags, ladies and gentlemen. The true One Piece intellectuals.

Are you retarded? Having different motivations is not the same as having completely different ideologies. They both believed in Fishman Supremacy over humans, they only had different backgrounds. And really, the flashbacks show that Arlong was always a fucking asshole, way before Fisher Tiger's death he was an extremist.

>Filleros was the best part of Dressrosa

lol no

And Fisher Tiger's death sent him over the edge to the point that even Jinbe couldn't reign him in.

>the flashbacks show that Arlong was always a fucking asshole

Attached: 1510795438485.png (427x512, 167K)

Shipfags are dead, but after seeing the surge of charlottefags and carrotfags I kinda miss them

One Piece has always been average in every stat, with the exception of the world building, which makes a mediocre being a manga. Oda should write books and stop shaming himself over deadlines and making messy stories further shitting on his work

There's no reasoning with speedreaders.

>Shipfags are dead
take a look at the other thread, user

couldn't they all just go through the underground black market or did the birdcage extend that far down??

>Not to mention sea kings have consistently been portrayed as fodder to any powerhouse.
Maybe the "small" ones, the gigantic ones are on other level.

>Hody was just a cheap knockoff of Aarlong
Did you even read the damn thing or you base your opinions on the wiki and YT videos?

>His hatred for FI comes from the opinions of others that he learnt to accept as his own without making a judgement for himself.
Holy shit this thread is filled with Hodys

nigger

>FI would have been regarded as a great arc if Hody was a powerhouse
Bros... I mean, I know it's for kids and we're kinda "guest" dmographic, but... bros...

How can the Big Meme Pirates even compete?

Attached: Chad crew.jpg (1440x968, 263K)

Holy shit, Oda did it again.

If dressrosa was 40-50 chapters shorter it would be the goat arc

>Hajruudin's least favourite food is semla

GOOOOOODAAAA

yep
too many flashbacks and moving flower castle. easily 20-30 chapters of bloat

>PH was 10/10
Please.

PH tried to be cool, but failed. And even with that aside, it is plagued with the exact same problems that affect post-Shabondy One Piece in general i.e spastic page composition, too much text for irrelevant shit, "hype" spread spamming with no meat behind them, cluttered plot progression, too many disparate elements being handled at once resulting in none of them being properly fleshed out, characters lacking good dialogue and interactions due to being reduced to tiny scribbles inside one of the 12 panels on the page and lack of proper time paid to interaction since there's so much other stuff Oda feels the need to get to, etc etc etc.

PH is not as schizophrenic with the story progression as Dressrossa and WCI, but it feels significantly worse in the "paneling/clutter" element and the "interactions feel weightless" element. Remember how they tried to make us feel bad about Brownbeard? The fucking dog from the Buggy arc had a more moving story and that was 2 pages TOTAL.

I really don't get Fishman Island. I mean, if Oda thinks racism is bad and if he loves black people so much, then why don't he create actual black characters, instead of creating a fictional race to represent them?

Yeah, that was a good touch, big meme left a big scar in the poor giants.
>too many flashbacks
Nah mingo, law, kiros and even señor pink had great flashbacks, I would have eliminated the damn tontatas, the toys were enough, they were redundant.

Fishmen are cooler

Early-timeskip OP was, in my opinion, the worst part. It was when Oda introduced all of these unnecessary characters and dragged out storylines on end. Punk Hazard and Fishman Island could have been 35 chapters each, tops.

Some arcs are worse than others. Even you can acknowledge that. Many arcs have parts that are downright boring to read, as was the case for middle of Punk Hazard and middle of Dressrosa.

Some arcs has bad moments though. There's a reason few people look back on PH or FI fondly, compared to Arlong, Alabasta, Marineford, EL, and even Skypiea.

Oda wants us to believe it's Luffy, but it might be someone else. I want to think Syarley's prediction is actually correct; Luffy did destroy FI. But the circumstances and events are so far off. Luffy clearly isn't doing this out of malice.

I guess a lot of people love PH because of the not rushed chaotic crew scenes. Basically classic adventurefag and comedyfag scenes that feel rare in other arcs post ts.

baby 5 flashback
rebecca flashback
kyros flashback

get rid of baby 5s or combine kyros and rebeccas

my god, there were so many fucking flashbacks in that arc
at least 45% of Dressrosa was pure filler

>he thinks flashbacks of future-plot-important characters is a waste

>Basically classic adventurefag and comedyfag scenes that feel rare in other arcs post ts.
Punk Hazard is literally the only post-TS location that the Strawhats didn't plan to go to in advance.

They are fillers that Oda is adding to not finish the manga and make it a cash grab for tards for the rest of his life.

That is obviously Shanks. Madame whatever saw the straw hat on him because it wasn't supposed to be passed to Luffy, a member of the D. clan.

Attached: shanks sillhoutte.jpg (959x1500, 340K)

roger was a D

People see what they want to see. Oda doesn't care about racism.

We don't know what she saw.

Sorry dude.

To ut some comfortable distance between fiction and reality and maybe to not have wannabe racists REEEE before even getting to know the characters. Also fantasy races are cool.

Take that japanese dick out of your mouth, my main. Puhk Hazard and Dressrosa are still painful to read, even if you read them in one go.

Luffy vs Usopp was not the "main fight" of water 7 you fucking Spee D. Reader

Luffy \gets gear 2 to fight rob lucci

You forget that a sea king took out shanks arm.

Sea kings > Yonkos

lol are you saying Arlong should have just been a black guy that hates all humans? And Fishman island should just be Blackman Island, located at the bottom of the red line, where all black come from? Genius.

You guys are acting like Fishman island was some deep philosophical work about racism and tribalism.

Its a manga for 14 year old boys.

The same Sea King beaten by Luffy? I guess now it is Luffy> Sea king > Yonk

I had enough enjoyment from them even week-to-week. I think you just have unreasonable expectations.

The people who say that and the people who need to hear that are the same people who unironically think Dressrossa and WCI are amazing arcs, though. One Piece doesn't magically have a better fanbase than other shounen just cause it used to be much better.

No, genius. The problem is that One PIece has no blacks at all. If Oda is so preachy about racism, then why doesn't he make One Piece more diverse?

Having 1 cool idea for a theme doesn't mean the arc is actually well-done.

theres king tacos tho

Attached: KingTacos.png (318x636, 220K)

>more diverse

Are we reading the same manga? There's people of all shapes, features, and sizes. Even so, to think that you can't have an allegory without the literal people that the allegory is based upon is stupid. Like criticizing Lion, Witch, and the Wardrobe because the author chose to use a lion instead of literal Jesus.

yeah, i agree. that's why besides hody, there's also otohime, fisher tiger, fukaboshi, shirahoshi, neptune's characters, and so on, to carry from start to finish the thematics of fishman island

I thought Usops father and Kuzan were black enough.

Fishman Island was decent
Punk Hazard was decent
Dressrosa was great but flawed
Zou was fantastic
WCI was fantastic with slight flaws
Reverie was/is mindblowing
Wano's purposely messy due to that being the nature of an arc like this but is shaping up to easily be the best arc of the entire series

Fishman island is good. Punk Hazard is fine. Dressrosa is meh.

Still doesn't make the arc well-done. It's the difference between reciting the stuff to show it's important, and transforming that into compelling storytelling.

The Otohime-Tiger flashback was too short for the amount of distinct scenes it used, it should have rested more on certain places to give the characters room to breathe (especially Tiger and the whole Koala segment). The SHs get into the action so quickly after arriving into FI, with all the misunderstandings and chaotic shit, that we don't get time to have a proper relation with the island before we're hurled into a conflict that asks us to care about the island, and race, itself (as opposed to particular characters such as for example how Hachi and Caimie were used for the racism theme during Shabondy). The Hody mooks are completely unmemorable and add absolutely nothing other than being cannon fodder for SH double spreads. Shirahoshi's sudden shift to "I knew all along, I'm strong yadda yadda" is unearned. Vander Decken is a nothing character that actively makes the story tiresome with his presence. The action set-piece once the Noah is flying is really schizophrenic and takes too much time to decide what it wants to do (Vander Decken got stabbed by Hody! Noah will fall! no, wait, he's alive, Noah is still pursuing Shirahoshi! Let's cut to random battle shit at the plaza! Oh, now Vander Decken peaced out, time for the Noah to fall!). Blood subplot felt like a throwaway and not impactful enough to be the symbolic climax of the arc.

I could go on, but what's underwhelming about the arc is not the core or the themes, it's the failure to imbue them with narrative weight.

>SBS confirmed Zoro is from Wano
I'm dropping One Piece, goodbye bros

I believe the only Seakings that matter are those five "ancestral" ones, maybe there's more like them but most of the Seakings are probably the equivalent of human grunts that prop up numbers.

I agree with some points and disagree with others, mainly the criticism of at least Tiger's flashback. I thought its length was just fine. Longer, and it may have strayed away into filler. We got to know Koala and Tiger well enough to care about them, and the very fact that the racism undertones have been present literally since almost the beginning of the story helps alleviate some time constraints. The blood subplot didn't feel anticlimactic at all. Tiger's death and the reason behind it, with that backdrop of the racism points revisited across the series, made that scene with Luffy and Jimbe really impactful. It really felt like it was drawing it to a close. Of course, the world isn't fixed yet, but I think it rounded out the arc pretty well.

you have a point only with decken and hody's goons, the rest seems to weigh down too much on personal preferences

moar desu

>the very fact that the racism undertones have been present literally since almost the beginning of the story helps alleviate some time constraints
It's not that the racism theme lacks build-up, it's that a large part of FI revolves around FI itself and how it deals with its own inner conflicts. Jinbe straight up tells Luffy that he can't interfere UNLESS it's as the hero who will save FI for them. Fukaboshi goes on a teary-eyed soliloquy with crying shots of the entire populace about how FI needs to deal with its "inner demons" before it can ask for coexistence, there's this stuff about the Fishman District that gets tied into Hody's character and the general theme, the whole "destroy this island and bring it back to zero!" shit, it's a lot of stuff that is mainly pushed through exposition and never experienced. We don't really get a feel for these problems in the island before they are introduced externally via dialogue, we just spend a little time ogling Mermaid breasts before the plot gets kicking. Another example where this angle was wasted is the Ocean Forest and the Poneglyph scene, which should have been the place to look more at this stuff but instead it just used 1 page to hype up some endgame lore.

>Vander Decken is a nothing character that actively makes the story tiresome with his presence

I literally didn't even remember this character existed. What was even the point?

Does anyone have the version where Hody is Yea Forums?

For an arc that was foreshadowed since Arlong Park you'd think Oda would take a little more time to showcase it.

This.

He was an arc villian and main opposition to Shirahoshi until Hody started to hate her guts. Also to showcase what happens when a fishman eats a Devil Fruit.

"Buh he's not relevant" you don't know that retard. Most of the Impel Down crew weren't in the manga for a decade before showing up again.

Hody was alright as an antagonist, we get non-stop muh inherited will amongst our heroes but inherited hate is weirdly less common.

>usopp
>yasopp
>blackbeard
>kuzan
One Piece has more niggers than most manga and they are important characters too

50 chapters was a perfect amount but a few aspects could have been fleshed out more.
Maybe it will in the future? It's not like we're done with the fishmen yet.

Kuzan isn't black

>
You guys are acting like Fishman island was some deep philosophical work about racism and tribalism.
That's not what those posts you replied to were saying at all. All they said was that Hody isn't a cheap knockoff Arlong. You fags don't even try to hide how quickly you try to move goalposts whenever someone highlights how full of shit you are.

He has the same facial features his black characters usually have, not going off of skin color here

when retards say diverse, the mean WE WANT MORE BLACKS, that's why black panther is considered diverse.

he's based on a japanese actor.

just because he's loosely based on a japanese actor doesn't make him any less black looking

Fishman Island is the new Skypea.

Just because One Piece isn't filled with negros does not mean it's not diverse.

If Usopp, Yasopp and Blackbeard are black, they got to be the whitest niggas I've ever seen

Attached: 1551535978761.png (1520x1200, 2.78M)

You won't be missed, someone who speedreads a sbs, fills the blanks with headcanon and considers it a fact deserves nothing but lead, and I'm not your bro, fuck you.

You don't have to be that black to be considered black, just look at Obama

What kind of mental gymnastics is that, my man?

Attached: Kuzan.png (240x240, 22K)

The Madara of One Piece, aka """Final boss"""

>i-it's not zoro guys trust me there are plenty of people from east blue it could be

I'm a fuckhuge OPfag but you're crazy.

>who is koshiro

it's not mental gymnastics, aokiji looks a lot more black than that

*I'm a fuckhuge fightfag

To show that somebody still cared about the ancient weapons, to crush the island with Noah, explain why Shirahoshi was to timid and sheltered and the Flying Dutchman legend into One Piece

>someone everyone knows very well
yeah like 1% of one piece fans remember who that is

>It's buggy

What good story bits were in PH apart from the Doffy stuff which was like 1% of it?
And Even if you liked the story FI told, it was told as such a sluggish pace and with such poorly defined villains that even if it had better fights it wouldn't fix shit.

None of these are black

Attached: 1550114848316.jpg (353x501, 52K)

Ms Wednesay is a nigger.

It's Madam Sharley.....
Respect Fortune Telling Shark Wife

Attached: CCZoMklW0AATRY0.png_large.png (1280x720, 598K)

Attached: kug.png (1366x768, 1.01M)

Dudes. That episode was an 11/10. I'm in tears.

They have afros making them niggers no matter how light their skin is. Usopp is technically a mulatto.

Attached: ligu.png (1366x768, 1.42M)

>using fan colouirngs unironically as canon

Is this the new speed reader meme?

Attached: 1339070339733.jpg (370x594, 54K)

BB and Usopp are confirmed africans

All three are good. Dressrosa is actually great.

He is muslim and they have curly hair too. Educate yourself nigga

Attached: h,.png (1366x768, 1.6M)

Have you ever heard of north africa?

Attached: csm_North_Africa_Map_04c89fa2bf.png (430x366, 66K)

Vivi?
Or do you mean this chick?

Attached: miss_doublefinger___aah__2_by_missdoublefingerpics-dafgpir.jpg (1024x768, 73K)

Attached: mnhb,.png (1366x768, 1.11M)

Is Somalia in North Africa? Yeah didn't think so

Any muzzie with afro is a nigger mutt not a pure sandnigger

No I think it was Ms Monday.

Is this better, Shittu Posta-san?
The coloured manga follows Oda's colour schemes

Attached: OnePiece-ch532-01-02.jpg (1600x1174, 690K)

Attached: poi.png (1366x768, 1.59M)

He never said somalia though?

Thats retarded and not true. Curly hair isnt a black guy thing only

Do you accept fun as an appeal?
It had dragon slaying, fire and ice, yetis, body switching, huge blobs of terror, dumbstruck law, marines and lots of bullshitting & chaos.

Attached: 18946513245.gif (350x263, 1.35M)

Those people are not niggers.

According to Oda, Hawkins would be egyptian. How many white-skinned blonde egyptians do you know?

Attached: j.png (1366x768, 1.15M)

BB is from Somalia

Not many, what's your point?

Attached: esHBW2u.png (1919x1058, 3.51M)

Blacks have a different follicle thats why their hair is so weird compared to everyone else. Their hair isnt curly its nappy.

Attached: h;i.png (1366x768, 2.04M)

I love Mama with all my heart!!!!
shame about the other thread

>Just how far can does your dick extend, Luffy-sama?

Attached: rubber-dick.gif (241x307, 49K)

Attached: cfh.png (1366x768, 1.69M)

>the good thread that's actually discussing the latest content gets deleted
>this toxic thread full of bitching powerlevel fags remains

This is not how it's done.

Attached: D0R7Q0ZX0AEJ1OV.png (800x625, 322K)

Janitors deserve to be branded with the hoof of the soaring dragon.

Right...

I give you that one but Usopp is probably north african

Exactly

Attached: Long-Curly-Hair-Beard.jpg (500x500, 67K)

Begone thot...

Attached: disappointed_luffy_by_elitassj4-daw7u7l.png (1280x720, 422K)

fuck jannies

The mods are obviously jealous Kaidofags

Attached: 1541468674046.jpg (925x1200, 210K)

Attached: ,jhgk-1.png (1366x768, 786K)

The point is that Oda isn't thinking race when he thinks of nationality. BB would be somali probably because he's very pirate-like and somali pirates are the most well-known pirates nowadays.

Post cuties

Attached: Caught.jpg (1024x692, 206K)

>make duplicate thread
>REEEE IT WAS DELETED HOW COULD THIS HAPPEN?!

>tfw Luffy can pump his dick with air to make it as large as he wants
>Kata doesn't even have to pump anything
Luffy and Kata canonically have the biggest erections in OP

I LOVE HER!!!

Attached: 1.png (1366x768, 1.04M)

That episode was a lot better than I was expecting.

There are always multiple OP threads going on user.

I think Fishman Island was fun, Hody Jones was super weak and lame though. I would've rather had him be Arlong with a broken nose or something.
PH and Dressrosa was fine, I liked Dressrosa a lot more than Punk Hazard.
I think the problem with Punk Hazard is that a lot of the gimmick, the body swapping thing, works better in the anime and anyone with any common sense stopped watching the anime a long time ago. It's hard to get a laugh that Franky is in Chopper's body when you don't hear Franky's voice coming out of Chopper's body. It's still cute but it doesn't land as well as it should. So I think a lot of the fun gets lost in translation.
I loved certain parts of Dressrosa like Kyros, Bartolomeo, Senor Pink and God Usopp. It's crammed full of great ideas but there is also a lot of horeshit to wade through also. Like the whole Sabo shit still bugs me. I don't like any of Luffy's relatives besides Garp.

oh and i think one piece is luffys hat

I love her more!!!!

Attached: Cuties in the forest.jpg (1515x1515, 463K)

Most of the nationalities fit well though. BB has obvious black features and is Somalian according to Oda. It's not up for debate if he's black

>actually wanting this garbage thread to remain while a Mama thread gets deleted

Understood.

Attached: IMG_20190222_174813.jpg (2048x960, 276K)

Attached: 2442l.jpg (1080x596, 329K)

And the ones made later always get deleted as they should

I think you got pranked bruh

>Mama's gulp synced with theirs
Loved that

>Amount of BMP cuties: 80+
>Amount of BP cuties: ZERO
Literally no competition

Attached: jhv-1.png (1366x768, 1000K)

No one seriously thought he was black before the sbs though.

This page makes more sense now that we know Sengoku knows about the World Government's top secret affairs.
I always thought that it was weird for such a statement to be directed at him by Whitebeard. Akainu made it seem like Fleet Admirals don't get to know shit.

Attached: 0576-013.jpg (1066x1600, 399K)

Are somalis and ethopians? Or only sudanese?

What is Jinbe's master plan?

Attached: nb.png (1366x768, 1.37M)

BS I myself made threads that had little to no following while there were other better active threads going on and my threads never got deleted. You're talking out of your ass.

I thought he was black the second I saw him because I have eyes

Jack is cute.

Nobody likes Charlottetards
Go make another faggot thread and leave us alone, you sperg.

Then you dont know how to use them because hes a tan muslim looking dude

Attached: lou8-1.png (1366x768, 1.52M)

To overcome Oda and join the Strawhats for real.

Duplicate threads are forbidden by rules. They get almost always deleted

The thread is now claimed by the Cuties

Attached: Cuties on the dance floor.jpg (2894x2392, 814K)

Both have tons of middle eastern dna because of race mixing

Deserved.

He is literally a textbook nigger

Well, in this case I think Brook is germanic, X Drake is an arab Hawkins is mediterranean and Robin is a slav

>falling for Oda's prank so deep you get delusional
Based Goda trolls mindless Odadrones into mental illness

Attached: 1551179454242.png (400x388, 125K)

Yes those are also niggers just a different type from the baboons black americans come from.

if you guys want a muslim in one piece, the sbs just confirmed a new one

Attached: 1551300068031.jpg (760x1200, 241K)

>the DON at the To Be Continued screen was louder than usual

Damn. I hope they continue that for other landmark episodes, like ch 903, 907, 908, 921, 924, 925, 930, etc.

I made like 10 duplicate threads in the last week and none got deleted.

A black guy who bleached himself maybe. What race are you btw

Attached: l_boyauthorpic.jpg (466x700, 52K)

>Duplicate threads are forbidden by rules.
Which rules?
Maybe I'm just blind, but I don't see anything like that on the rules page.

Attached: rules of a.png (340x336, 15K)

Then go make another and stop complaining

To constantly fellate Luffy and shout "LUFFY-SAMA WILL BE THE KING OF THE PIRATES".

Literally his only goal and why he won't live long.

Attached: 1212245744241.gif (650x374, 1006K)

Attached: io78-1.png (1366x768, 1.12M)

kek based

>I've never been to space therefore space doesn't exist
Mods aren't all powerful which is why it took so long to delete that one too

Dying.
Literally the thing he constantly repeats, kind of like Sanji always being a lovesick cook.

I wasn't the one complaining. I just called you out on bullshit

Attached: Y4S7Bx9.gif (500x213, 470K)

Rocks Captain.

It barely got started. Stop defending mods, they're fucking retards.

It's actually embarrassing on the mods part that this thread that's full of shitposting and racism is the one that gets to stay.

"You think Mama'll let me keep the the Pink one?"

Attached: tumblr_oyxk6nO96l1tandono1_540.gif (540x301, 491K)

frogfuckers need to leave

Attached: 1snapshot_10.35.png (1920x1080, 2.44M)

Extremely cute and adorable post

Attached: Dancing Mama.webm (1920x1080, 487K)

I don't know where it reads but that's how it works as you just saw

Smoothie is not gay you dyke!

Attached: 0902-guest-2-1-576c93f9db31f.jpg (1000x562, 111K)

I agree. Racism is absolutely disgusting and has never had a place here on 4channel.

Attached: reddit brain.png (1890x1630, 291K)

Charlottefags are the biggest shitposters in these threads. Just stop complaining and make your own gay thread for your gay friends.

Attached: ufu67.png (1366x768, 1.15M)

Attached: kjb.png (1366x768, 1.49M)

I don't give a shit

Attached: 1551364072331.webm (1280x720, 762K)

Anime Wano when?

Do you love Purin?

Attached: n.png (1366x768, 1.31M)

Then how come this thread was up for so long while the last thread was making it to 500 posts? I'm pretty sure the other thread was only deleted because someone from this thread reported it.

>caring about the anime

>last actively read one piece during dressrosa arc
>everybody was hyped due to all the crazy shit going on and all the characters being consolidated to one island
>had to drop reading one piece at around the hype peak of sabo's reveal due to real life issues
>come back to Yea Forums to check on some one piece threads
>everybody fucking hates dressrosa now
Just what the fuck happened in this arc that pissed everybody off and made it go from the most beloved arc to the most hated? This was at the time when people hated Fishman Island and was meh on Punk Hazard.

Attached: 1498529257747.jpg (473x293, 52K)

Sometime in the summer. Late June early July

>doesn't like meat
>exclusively drinks females
>horrible fashion taste
user..

No

Attached: IDMtHRejmS4.jpg (608x663, 51K)

Attached: ijop-1.png (1366x768, 1.04M)

That happens on mainlands. The question is what you accept as 'black'. Only mostly isolated populations of africa without a certain look, only people with certain features, only a certain (potential) shade of skin?

Holy shit today's musical was fucking glorious, I usually find shit like that uncomfortable to watch but that was really good.

It was probably because the thread was linked

Can the decuplets' fusion fruit work on DF users? Btw even if not it's probably one of the strongest fruits in the story.

Attached: doflamingo_gear4_commission_by_marvelmania_dbm9cnf-fullview.jpg (600x888, 156K)

Would could someone even report the other thread for? Spamming?
This is probably why generals came into existence on Yea Forums. They were enforced by the staff.

It dragged out for too long. It was hell waiting for it weekly. It's a breeze now in hindsight.

Attached: kgu.png (1366x768, 968K)

This thread is a few seconds older than the other one so that's the one that should have been deleted. As for why it wasn't someone probably didn't report it so they didn't notice

>ywn be that piece of cake

>doesnt look like a guy
>has long hair
>is not 700 pounds
user

Attached: lea_tristan.jpg (1895x1732, 437K)

Is this what Flavor Town feels like?

Attached: tumblr_inline_pmn3wdZChy1r6dz6s_1280.png (402x536, 314K)

It would be crazy if it did

Attached: lji-1.png (1366x768, 1.05M)

Anyone who looks black

I think people started to get pissed off with Dressrosa when they realized that Oda just wouldn't end the fucking arc. There was a chapter that literally the only thing that happens is that that narrator from the coliseum counts down the 10 last seconds until luffy is good to use the G4 again

And the report. The shitposters in this thread seem pretty butthurt about it, so it seems likely they'd be reporting shit for no reason.
>how dare they actually enjoy One Piece these threads are only for complaining i'll show them reeeeeeee

Imagine being this insecure

Attached: 1551552090565.gif (500x281, 2.58M)

Attached: ujkl.png (1366x768, 1.35M)

>Just what the fuck happened in this arc that pissed everybody off and made it go from the most beloved arc to the most hated?
Bird Cage.
Plus some people dislike how absurdly overpowered and plot convenient Sugar's fruit is in hindsight.

Attached: OK.png (85x127, 33K)

Took too long, characters nearly no one cared about got too much focus, peoples favourites were missing, Rebeccafags.

Quintessential Flavor Town indeed

Looks like that thing in Conjuring 2
CUTE!!!

Not to mention the anime dragged out the arc far too much for the anime to even be enjoyable

Press S

Attached: 62425e1agy1g0pean9jsoj20zk0k0n0a.jpg (1280x720, 77K)

IT WASN'T SUPPOSED TO BE THIS WAY

Attached: 1551394589797.jpg (728x754, 186K)

Based af

I love them!!!

Attached: c6f237c9d54f9fd2c0be645b3eadc6c4.png (500x600, 588K)

Attached: 62425e1agy1g0peadpavlj20zk0k0qaq.jpg (1280x720, 193K)

Attached: 62425e1agy1g0peajl7rcj20zk0k0n3h.jpg (1280x720, 157K)

>missing out on awesome episodes like this week's

Will miss monday do if you accept hair coloring?

If luffy was a marine would akainu be his shanks?

Which kid was the most delicious? I reckon the lamb one

how will big meme ever recover when she finds out she killed them all

>tfw captain merges with the commanders

I'd say that it has to be nerfed somehow but I'm not sure at this point

Attached: one_piece_kaido_n_enel_commission_by_marvelmania-db979l0.jpg (600x864, 334K)

Alternate Vivre Card Binder

Attached: 62425e1agy1g0pftxpwxrj20u00u0tch.jpg (1080x1080, 196K)

Kaido will comfort her and tell her his tragic backstory

ok

>finds out
She already knows it as well as her ill, deluded mind will ever allow her.

her little amnesia plotline will be pretty pointless if it doesn't lead her to remembering everything

How can you even hate on them?

Attached: 1526333704343.jpg (1024x783, 261K)

She'll eventually regain it to reveal what exactly Kaido owes her

Garp

One Piece as a 90's Liefeld comic

Attached: received_10207749515928033.jpg (260x206, 9K)

When diagnosed with the chronic shit taste

For starters, their fandom is very fucking annoying. They also have 0 personality or charisma and their designs are awful

Every arc before timeskip was objectively great, except maybe the middle parts of Sky Island.

Every arc after timeskip has been relentlessly boring and predicable, the focus of fighting over adventure has grown and world building has shown to a crawl until just recently.

It really tells you something when the best arc that everyone is anticipating even now over Kaido is Reverie, a place to exposition drop freely.

are there any episodes worth watching, as in actually has good animation? i know the movies generally do but those aren't canon

Attached: .gif (360x202, 3.61M)

>FMI
>PH
>Dressrosa
>Zou
>WCI
>Reverie
>Wano

Attached: 1518404970656.jpg (2048x1841, 495K)

The quality of the anime wasn't complete shit until Impel Down. It probably peaked during Thriller Bark. The pacing was always fucking shit, tho

Thriller Bark had already switched to digital, though. That puts some people off.

Watch episode 856, 870, and today's episode 875. Those were my personal favorites

Attached: Mochi Dodge.webm (1280x720, 2.85M)

Their designs are incredibly good and full of personality. GODA overdid it this time

But she already knows. You can see that her memory of that day cuts off right when she's about to eat them. This is not amnesia caused by hunger pangs attack, we know that she's concious enough to remember Perospero's bs. She doesn't want to remember that, when she recalls that day she purposefully misdirects her thoughs, if she regains her memory and forgets to forget that part of that day, she will probably immidietly begin to suppress it again like nothing happened. She's mentally incapable of handling her own existence if she remembers what she did, so there is just no way she will do it.

I agree with the fans but the other things you said are very wrong.

It's called character development. There's no way she will remain a raging retard throughout Wano

Think of a cool moment in the manga. There's a good chance that Toei spent all of their money for the year on that scene in the anime. They got some of the movie animators for the recent Katakuri fight. Big Mom's song was cool too.

Nostalgiafag

False

Attached: 131200.jpg (1899x1080, 874K)

Must be a Luffytard hating when others love others characters besides Luffy

Snakeman vs Katakuri was incredible

So thats when they lost the soul huh.

Lol nice projection

Gladly missed out. Your shit taste doesnt mean ill like something

Easily the best episode of the series for me

Attached: Culverin.webm (1280x720, 2.85M)

im actually happy there was a legit fight scene and not just people yelling out the names of big moves

lol i liked fishman island because zoro beat a fishman underwater
I also liked punk hazard because zoro beat a logia without haki
I also liked dressrosa because zoro btfo'd a mountain
Only people who hate these arcs are people whose favorite characters didn't do anything

Probably Sanjicucks

Attached: Jump.webm (1280x720, 1.84M)

Rent free

>MADA MADA!!

Not in my opinion.

Would you go on?

Attached: Kata's Wild Ride.webm (1280x720, 2.36M)

>Puhk Hazard and Dressrosa are still painful to read, even if you read them in one go.

God I love anons that have the same exact opinion as me.

>you will never see the hand drawn sky and blue sea again
I'm not shitting on the anime until TS but you gotta admit we lost something that day.

Attached: 610d76108b57e4f40fd7b09bc4d28dbb8c0f4eea_hq.jpg (480x480, 57K)

I read Punk Hazard and Dressrosa a few days ago and caught up to One Piece 3 days ago and I liked it

>Charlottes arrive in Wano in the manga just in time when their anime time is about to end
This seems planned

Dressrosa was a bit better in one go since you can skim through the sucky parts and not miss much, but Punk Hazard really is just awful any way about it. Was interesting when they were on the fire side setting up mysteries, but then it went to shit pretty fast once they got to the cold side.

Neverending cuteness

Attached: PerosxKata.jpg (1076x1131, 431K)

Faggots that hate PH and Dressrosa are mad that their childhood is gone forever and no amount of new manga will bring them the happiness they felt as kids when reading One Piece, not knowing that it was their age that made them happy in the first place and not the manga.

>2016
>2017
>2018
>2019-2050

No we hate them for being boring ass arcs even manga wise. I literally quit reading One Piece twice until another arc became present.

And that's because...:

>Luffy fighting Usopp is completely different than Hody Jones.
If you're still around, tell me what you think Usopp fighting Luffy is meant to be.

>Faggots that hate PH and Dressrosa are mad that their childhood is gone forever and no amount of new manga will bring them the happiness they felt as kids when reading One Piece
But I'm enjoying Wano a lot more than I enjoyed Dressrosa (After Bird Cage).

This post is pretty gross in many ways.

My sister's favorite arc is Punk Hazard.

You'll hate it when you realize you're not a kid again by the end of it.

I agree, I loved the clouds. But we also gained some moments with nice enthusiastic animation which I really enjoyed even though the pre ts anime was always good in making very good use of limited budget/animation, expecially the comedic bits were almost always spot on.

Attached: 14384356454453.gif (540x300, 1.33M)

>is not 700 pounds

user, at her height, there is a very real possibility that smoothie is 700 lbs

Is she a hardcore Law shipper?

BS, I find the wedding arc and wano(thus far) more enjoyable.

Oh so its just boomers

Same, Wano's intentionally messy, but that's just how it has to be at this point, there's no non-messy way for Oda to resolve 100+ plotlines in this arc. The content's just a lot more kino and interesting than Dressrosa.

Attached: AAAHH.jpg (1080x687, 429K)

Thats why I didnt say 300 lbs

>Yes we've got super power x123123
Worst OP?

t. Doesn't have superpowers

If i sign up to Viz's yearly subscription can i real all past chapters? I read before that you couldn't it was only the newest chapters.

If you're rereading get the digitally colored.

Yup. Every time.

Knock Hard Days is worse.

This, except Hard Knock Days is one of the best OPs.

Reminder that Hope will never be topped

Attached: Crush my helpless heart.jpg (600x2136, 525K)

>the glorious days of hopeposting

Looking forward to this in the anime, i wonder if they'll add any silhouettes

Attached: rox2.png (647x997, 663K)

Understandable.

Or any of the crewmembers since everyone was interacting in various combinations with each other for more than a few pages. Also Smoker and Tashigi
Liking some of the characters or fun is reason enough to like Punk Hazard.

She's a LuKa/FraRo shipper. She's indifferent to Law. However, she adores Caesar, which is why she loves the arc so much

>LuKa shipper
>indifferent to Law
Cutie

Attached: 1550617971296.jpg (1080x1401, 802K)

even if they do, it wouldn't mean anything.
remember snack's silhouette when he fought Urouge?

we don't deserve one piece bros
phenomenal episode

Law is actually based, hope he gets in on the fight against Kaido

Attached: d25cc0b1e7f3b4cd1d37e0fb57d44d167291494b_hq.jpg (720x521, 150K)

Im and the Rocks are the villains we need, not some fatass okama and a pterodactyl.

>digital has less soul than traditional
So you're one of those retards huh.

honestly im very confused as to why so many people feel this way.
Fishman Island isnt amazing but its flashback with Fisher Tiger, Otohime, Jinbe, and the extra stuff with Arlong was straight up brilliant. Hody and the whole racism arc that Fishman island does with a just enough nuance to not be boring, again, isnt amazing but it works. Especially when you get to Dressrosa and Doflamingos flashback kinda pairs with it very nicely as another way to explore discrimination and opression and how even people who objectively have it worse can act with monstrous cruelty and turn a potential ally (the doflamingo family. Seriously fuck that bullshit with Corazon saying Doffy was evil all along jesus fucking christ that was dumb. what the fuck oda?) into their worst nightmare by confirming every negative thought he had about them.

Punk Hazard is easily the worst arc in the manga and its not even close, in the anime its at least watchable which is more than you can say for the davy back fight.

>third in command is main villain of the arc, and that's assuming Orochi doesn't have a Calamity-tier elite soldier
Wat

>pterodactyl
*Pteranodon

that was before he became a jobber though. current law would barely get a room up before he gets oneshotted by kaido

>assuming Orochi doesn't have a Calamity-tier elite soldier

Attached: women-respecter kyoshiro.png (467x556, 124K)

>implying the D a r k S h o g u n is Orochi's soldier

We whites tend to have superior taste, yes.

Attached: traceloops-5.gif (500x324, 865K)

Crossing my fingers he gets a power-up.
Also his skill set would make him good support for Kidd and Luffy. That's kinda a Naruto ninja team now that I think about it - two damage dealers and one healer.

Attached: luffy laughing.jpg (1280x720, 79K)

Tama > Toko

Ftfy

Attached: 1456344094719.jpg (350x263, 17K)

Correct

Attached: Dango Mochi.jpg (800x456, 64K)

Smoker is called the White Hunter, but isn't that racist?

I didn't expect a new song, next week will be the life or death one.

>jpg

Attached: 1438083069379.gif (500x280, 980K)

D: In Ch. 909, was the carpenter boss that appeared in Wano the same one that was introduced in the Volume 7 SBS, Minatoma-san? P.N. Yacchi

O: Yes he is!! Back then, he was fixing the broken door to the bar in Foosha Village. He was introduced as Carpenter Minatomo-san, exclaiming "Who did this!?". And now, he somehow ended up in the New World in the closed bordered country of Wano! Isn't that weird!? That's right, they actually aren't the same person! They have the same last name because they're related by blood. The fact of the matter is, a ship from Wano reached East Blue a few decades ago.

One of the descendants of someone on that ship is a person that everybody is familiar with...

This part might be featured later in the main story so I won't mention any more than that. It isn't going to be a major plot line, it will just be a minor story.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA ZORO IS FROM WANO

There will be no episode next week. 876 (3/17) is adapting 901. End Roll will be episode 877 (3/24)

Because he's white/light grey smoke. Black smokers also exist.

and we know his dad

Attached: 1540917310849.png (885x845, 661K)

Nah it's okay to hunt whites according to my college professor Miss Shekelfem, hunt any other race though and it's racist so watch out.

I love Tashigis singing voice so much
youtu.be/0PsAJDrojW0

The ideal scenario. Zoro gets lost all the time because he's a wandering samurai.

youtu.be/d_ei86C9WHA

They made that painfully obvious from the last chapter.

What do you mean

It's his teacher

pretty sure it was water 7, that's when i noticed a change in quality.

It was just oh-so coincidental that Zoro knew a certain shout that was common in a location in Kuri.
Really, quite the coincidence.

Attached: Wow I wonder how he knew that.png (908x1300, 334K)

Cope

AHEM
FUCK USOPP!

Attached: 1530801560508.jpg (560x315, 44K)

That's something he could've learned from Koushiro

>This part might be featured later in the main story so I won't mention any more than that. It isn't going to be a major plot line, it will just be a minor story.

I know Zoro fans are very smart since they're Zoro fans but if it were Zoro it wouldn't be minor

Could be. But the simple fact that Zoro was an orphan in the East Blue that had attachments to him should more or less tell you that Zoro has a relationship there too.

>It isn't going to be a major plot line, it will just be a minor story.

Are you illiterate? Oda literally confirmed that is just going to be a minor thing. It has got nothing to do with Zolo

>Pudding had both merry's VA and sawashiro
is there a more based character?

zoro's a minor side character so it fits perfectly, fag

Ganzack

IM is Luffy's mother

IM is a water logia with the unique ability to take over human bodies because they are mostly made of water. She will ditch her current body and take over Vivi's to get closer to Luffy and get him to activate the Holy Land treasure because he has the supreme ruler's blood.

whoever the one thats big enough to wear this

Attached: 54547854765675.jpg (1280x720, 367K)

I think you're the one who's illiterate here. It's a minor story because Zoro being from Wano will not be a major plotline like how Sanji being a prince of Germa was.

What, are you a soothsayer or does you dad work for Oda? Care to tell me the ending of One Piece too?

nah, Imu's a moon alien

>What, are you a soothsayer or does you dad work for Oda?
Nope, just using simple logic. But I guess the concept is foreign for someone like you.

>assumptions straight out of your ass
>"logic"

that word really lost all meaning, huh

>What is your opinion on Fishman Island
Predictable as fuck but that's to be expected from a "return arc", also all of the post time-skip designs are inferior to the original designs, fight me.
>PH
That was actually pretty cool, though to be honest I don't really like Law nor the samurai and I hope they finally get off the Sunny after Wano.
>and Dressrosa
Fuck Dressrosa, Sanji was my favorite straw-hat... though to be honest after how Oda has been treating him post time-skip I'd end up hating Nu-Sanji sooner than I did.

>(also know as the Dark Ages of One Piece)? Did you enjoy these years?
Not really, while it had it's momments, post time-skip One Piece only picked-up at Zou and it dragged-on for far too fucking long.

So it's gonna be
Sanji vs Jack
Zoro or Jinbe vs King or Queen
Luffy vs Kaidou

Or
Monster trio vs Kaidou
Wild guess vs each calamity

>Jinbe
LOL seriously though, he's going to show up and we'll all mark hard

>I stopped reading during PH

Pretty much what I did. Fishman Island was a fucking slog reading it weekly. By the time we got to PH I was exhausted reading it. Dropped it somewhere in the middle of PH and am only just reading it again now after having reread the manga.

My dislike of Fishman Island and Punk Hazard isn't helped by how fucking cluttered the art has gotten over the years. The snow and fire in PH hurts my damn eyes. I'm sure it looks better on paper but digitally it's an eyesore. Maybe the colored editions are better for reading on a computer screen.

Cope more, retard.

plus out of all antagonists in the series Kuros motivation was the most pirate-like

The best version is Viz tank scans which are HD and 3000x. The only release I've been able to find though for earlier volumes, which are the AnHeroGold-Empire versions, have double spreads cut off as separate images.

I dropped this shit during dressrosa. Best decision I ever made. This cashgrabber clusterfuck of panels and flanderized characters doesn't deserve any attention.

nytimes.com/video/style/100000005806771/japan-chicano-culture.html

>fishman island
meh, throwaway arc to show off powers with a cool message
>punk hazzard
trash arc, wish i skipped it
>dressrosa
finished it last night, it was amazing. second best arc in OP as far as I've read

Hahaha imagine feeling smug about dropping OP when it was at its weakest point.

>wish i skipped it

Nah. There are no skippable arcs in OP. Stop thinking subjectively and start thinking about just the story and you'll understand how everything fits together a lot better.

>thread asks my opinion of the arc
>don't think about it subjectively
a-user....
anyway, I understand that none of OP is skippable, but I wish I had just read a summary. Same with Skypiea.

>weakest point
*it wasn't even that good since Water 7

Fishman Island is much better on a reread and not weekly. I totally enjoyed Punk Hazard even when I read it weekly. Dressrosa was the only one I actually lost interest in, namely around the half of the arc. But luckily it also gets better in a reread. The only part I still can't get over is the power of the birdcage, it's too much compared to what doffy was doing in the mean time plus every characters trying to stall it with all their strength

This is an incredibly bizarre opinion. Most find that to be OP's peak so far.

I can get that. The important moments weee front and end loaded on PH.

Skypiea however is incredibly important for an uncountable number of reasons, but I only know that because of my deep investment in this series for so long.

This
Luffy vs Usopp is the single highest point in the series, there are other good parts, a lot, but emotional conflict between characters is still the thing people like the most
The last conflict (Sanji Luffy) wasn't comparable because Sanji was trying to protect the SHs, while Usoppwas completely against Luffy

I hated the Fishman Island arc, annoying story and annoying characters, too long too.
I liked Punk Hazard, I found it funny and informative, and at least it was short.
Dressrosa was too long and it had too many, many characters, I liked some parts but at the end I became annoyed and I was really wishing it would finish.

Fishman Island is one of my favourite arcs in One Piece. It was colourful, fun, had hints of something darker, and was a generally a wonderful celebration of the series. Yes, the arc suffered from certain problems that would go on to plague post-skip, but seeing the Straw Hats together was worth it. Fishman Island was also the peak of the series artistically (go back and reread the descent to Fishman Island - it's beautifully drawn). On top of that 2011 was full of One Piece hype, and I have fond memories of fapping my horny teenage cock regularly to Nami's and Robin's new looks

Dressrosa is top 10 worst arcs in any shonen manga

fuck off fanboy

Now that Oda revealed its contents before the anime introduced it, wonder if they'll change this scene or some such. Or if he'll use it if they add another filler arc.

Attached: 903 (2).png (899x1300, 330K)

Zoro isn't from Wano you fucking retards, can you not read? It says one of the "decendants" of the Wano ship is a person we're familiar with.

Zoro is like 1/4 Wano at best.

Dressrosa was a clusterfuck and Doflamingo was ruined for me.
BestGuyEver’s video on him sums up my opinion very well.

reminder that we're getting bath house scene in the next chapter

Attached: 1548417396038.jpg (540x810, 168K)

>dark ages
Best art in the whole story.
Dressrosa has one of the best stories in OP and Oda really went above and beyond with Caesar Clown; arguably the most advanced character in One Piece’s story. Imagine how difficult it would be if your dream was to be best /sci/ guy while Vegapunk is namefagging.
People would rate FI as 9/10 or 10/10 if it had a stronger boss fight, so that is what I actually rate it at.

Not him but before that was revealed, for over a decade I have been arguing that Zoro is Ryuuma’s descendent and that Kuina has a brother who was better than her in every way except fighting spirit.
If he’s not born on Wano and displaced to Koshiro’s island because some mean swordsman killed his family but Koshiro stayed the murderer and took Zoro in, ill eat a sock.
Otherwise Zoro would never consider Koshiro as a worthy sensei with his childish mindset,
To me, knowing Zoro’s personality, it’s obvious that Koshiro is Mihawk-tier, wrecked shit ONE TIME in front of Zoro (prob some samurai killed Zoro’s family and was about to kill Zoro), and then afted like a clumsy retard after, but Zoro knew the truth so he followed him.

Shiki

>entire REGIME depending on one girl not to get knocked out
What was Donflamingo thinking?

Dressrosa best arc so far in terms of secondary character development, plot and combat. Overall only Enies Lobby is a better arc in OP

Attached: BUNTZMDCYAAstzt.jpg (480x270, 36K)

He never expected someone like Ussop, nor the circumstances that led to her passing out. Twice.