What does an anime have to do to earn a classic status?

What does an anime have to do to earn a classic status?
Would you consider Violet Evergarden a modern classic?

Attached: 1538244224423.jpg (1280x720, 415K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=b6VWpyLtFso
boards.fireden.net/_/search/filename/rin_disgust/
boards.fireden.net/_/search/filename/maika_out/
boards.fireden.net/_/search/filename/rin_smug2/image/KuGkh2Ywa24aIvwvcnnKHA/
boards.fireden.net/_/search/filename/Rusalka_smug_Laugh/
boards.fireden.net/_/search/filename/maki_disdain/
boards.fireden.net/_/search/filename/sena_laugh_smug/
boards.fireden.net/_/search/filename/watanabe_(you)/
boards.fireden.net/_/search/filename/nozomi_dab/
boards.fireden.net/_/search/filename/rin_crossboarder_out/
youtube.com/watch?v=ZbPHu1N16VM
youtube.com/watch?v=78Cq6nEWmCs
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

One Roman legion was famously captured and then sold into slavery - all the way to East Asia.
Classic anime generally refers to any anime that is produced by the descendants of these Romans.

You can watch it with your mom

Simple, It has to stand the test of time. If no-one is talking about it in 5 years - it wasn't a modern classic. Some really good shows don't even last a year...

Not try to wow people with photoshop filters that cover the details.

Yes, because it's a story about authentic and historically accurate Victorian Europe, able to compete with Charles Dickens and Oscar Wilde, and Kyoani only made it better

Yes, Violet Evergarden is a modern classic. It'll be remembered as one of the anime that tried to push what's possible in TV animation.

only time will tell

if people still care about it after 10 years, its a classic

>Yes, because it's a story about authentic and historically accurate Victorian Europe
Yeah... about that...

Attached: Violet-Evergarden-.jpg (1979x1079, 594K)

A classic is born a classic.

It's not as good as Gundam.

No! It can only become a classic through times.

Attached: Smug troll.gif (533x300, 2.02M)

A Corpse By Evening > shit >>>>> Body Talk

I can't believe there are people who unironically look at this and think to themselves this is the peak, this is what will totally look good in 5 years, even 15 years!

Attached: 156613l.jpg (1280x720, 183K)

Musashi gundoh is better

What about anime that didn't made a splash during broadcast but become cult classics way after they aired?

Attached: 156613l.jpg (1280x720, 117K)

Time still applies, because it wasn't noticed 'at the time'. But it's a fair point.

>hey let’s add some lens flare and blur around the edges so it looks like it was shot with a shitty lens
This will age so badly.

Violet Evergarden doesn't look in-dated to be outdated.

A bit of sonder goes a long way.

VE for example is considered a modern classic now since it will be remembered fondly for years to come.

>What does an anime have to do to earn a classic status?
Impossible nowadays due to how anime is now. Being a classic means being the first show to be recommended and it stands out not just from its season, but overall, among years and genres and is generally accepted by all that it's the most notable show.
That only worked back when everyone just watched whatever is out there, but now there are too many people, most of which don't even bother looking at different genres.
Basically, there's no anime "community" anymore, but a category with sub-communities that follow their own shit, IE specific genres, specific studios, whatever.
Since more and more people avoid stuff that they're not used to, there's no "general consensus" anymore.

>tfw missed this opportunity

Attached: 1510450747462.gif (480x360, 2.77M)

I think Dororo has what it takes to become a modern classic.

Director of classic Ruroni Kenshin and Hunter x Hunter, source material by Osamu Tezuka. All the pieces are there.

Time will tell.

Attached: 1525385419478.jpg (526x549, 148K)

You can get a new mom on amazon.

I think so too, but we've seen this said for several shows.
There's the second issue that shows don't really get their time to develop into a classic, purely because of how fast-paced anime discussions are nowadays. There's just a fuckton of anime coming out every few months, you rarely get downtime because there's always at least a show or several that catch a lot of attention per season.

But I like my current mom.

How did you miss the opportunity then?

I watched the show without her.
Now I have to find the will and time to binge it if I want to get her to watch it.

I agree, I also think that with how much content we get it also gets easier for people, especially younger ones, to try to get into discussion.

Just 9 or 7 years ago the disparity between people who actually seen lots of anime and new people was fairly easy to notice, now I think most anons here haven't seen even 300 shows, so they are either naively infatuated by what's been done before, either don't know better and just wish to hop on bandwagon of next anime classic.

There is not a single person who can convince me that people who actually liked Seishun Buuta are people who skipped the Bakemonogatari boat, mostly due to being too young at this point.

man i'm glad this show is still being talked about even a year later.
remember when Yea Forums thought it would be forgotten within a season lol
yeah i think it has a chance at being a classic

Now that I think about it, whenever I think "what is wrong with anime, why is it shit" I always think back to Violet Evergarden.

It's impressive that it stands out in this way, I guess.

She's gonna need to suck a few dicks to become a classic.

Ok this is epic.

She sucked enough dicks for a movie.

Violet is pure, cut that shit out.

Underrated post.

>he thinks anyone is going to be talking about this shit in five years, let alone two
I wouldn't say that Violet Evergarden is garbage — that's hyperbole. But that doesn't mean it's worth anyone's times or interest, either. It's so perfectly and utterly forgettable that it practically defies logic that there are still so many shitters on this board that will wring its flaccid and lukewarm dick every chance they get.

I can say the same for your favorite animu.

Unfortunately for you, I'm not the sort of cretin that feels personally attacked whenever someone says something untoward my favourite stories or types of media. Not that I ever claimed that any of my favourites were classics, themselves, but that doesn't mean Violet Evergarden is or will ever be anything to be lauded or remembered.

I'm just pointing out how generic your post was, there's no need to get this upset mate.

But that's my game, friend. There's no need to be so salty over an equally generic anime, of all things.

Generic 'no u' desu.

Attached: 1498676290526.jpg (568x533, 55K)

Whatever you say, mate.

>Violet Evergarden
>a modern classic

Attached: 1525430729913.jpg (640x640, 36K)

The only thing Violet Evergarden really has going for it is its animation, in 15-20 years this shit will look old and dated.
If this anime had looked like a (really nice) early 2000's anime I probably wouldn't have enjoyed it as much.

>bleh

Attached: bleh.png (1171x1080, 1.17M)

I was expecting VEG to get forgotten in a few months, but it living on as nothing more than a shitposting tool might be an even worse fate.

Attached: 1495466890926.jpg (1920x1036, 274K)

>vileshit evergarbage
>a modern classic

Do any of you retards actually believe anyone would think your posts are genuine praise and not just shitposting baits? Really curious how stupid you actually are

Well it was made for moms over the age of 35

Those two are hardly mutually exclusive.

Kyoani desperately wishes Violet Evergarden to be a classic and that maybe its' biggest flaw. They were too worried in some aspects and it ended up lackluster in other aspects.

Haruhi is a classic. VE isn't.

>Would you consider Violet Evergarden a modern classic?
Yes.

Congratulations, you found the CG parts. I don't like it either but cherry picking wont help you. People think the art is amazing not the 3D shit.

Attached: 3457292838293594.png (1920x1080, 1.52M)

The sound design and characters were great too.

>remember when Yea Forums thought it would be forgotten within a season lol
>Yea Forums
more like one shizo

Attached: a47jx6wK7.png (3112x1368, 947K)

This.

Attached: 0234482349453.webm (1920x1080, 2.43M)

Gain immense popularity, change the industry, just be really good, those sorts of things.
Maybe.
Perhaps more of a cult classic, however. It didn't become massively popular or anything, but it's still generally well regarded (aside from a handful of vocal autists) and is incredibly beautiful for a TV anime. Definitely something that will be worth seeing for a while.

Lmaoing at new Yea Forums, if something looks good and has beautiful animation means that it is a classic?

>i think it looks good therefore it's bad
nice bait, now go back to plebbit

>i think it looks good therefore it's bad
are you retarded? the only thing is that violet evregarden is that it looks good

I didn t say that if something looks good it is bad, but that it can t be a "clasic" only for looking good. I also think that the autist that can t even read and deals in absolutes and strawmans should be going back to where he belongs.

It‘s good at emotional manipulation

the only thing is that violet evregarden has going for it is that it looks good*
I am to lazy to delete and post again

Seriously. It's like a rotting zombie.

That's why it's Anime of the decade, Thomson.

But, pleb kun, it has great characters and sound design too.

maybe it has for you, but something average to a lil above average ain t enough to call it a "clasic", at least in my eyes, but maybe after watching hunded of shity animes per season that will make you brain root will change that opinion I wouldn t know cause I don t watch everything

The animation was 10/10 and the soundtrack was 9/10 but the story was boring and there were no major character development.

Absolutely agree with this. This is something that should become a classic, but due to the clutter of the media and the Internet, this show becomes harder to hear.

>there were no major character development
? Violet had quite a lot? She went from simply following orders and not understanding emotions to being to empathise and act on her own volition. She also learned how to distinguish whether people are being literal or otherwise. And this is just in the first 5 episodes.

It should be old (20 years at least), influential and in my opinion good. A modern classic would be anything I think would check those boxes when it's old.

its melodramatic and sappy

To begin with, it needs to have a notable source material. OP pic unrelated.

Why did they make him so pretty?

Attached: leon.png (764x705, 279K)

>41 ips
Only newfags gobbled this garbage up and liked it.
They're the cancer that killed this board.

Attached: saberclone a shit.jpg (800x595, 68K)

Still mad that TrashXX, Flop Encore, and Yorishit were forgotten while Violet Evergarden is still remembered fondly?

Haruhi aged like milk.

There is no such thing as a modern classic and there will never be, shit is too oversaturated for anything to really stand out.
But VEG has a cult following that's for damn sure.

I thought it was boring.

The story is shit,but the animation and detail is extremely good

Move that gold-laced turd out of the way

Attached: 818bfDlE1ZL._RI_.jpg (2560x1920, 388K)

It's going to become a modern classic in China but I'm not so sure about the West.

Attached: 1473881015179.jpg (1018x911, 90K)

I don't know, currently mexican soap operas in anime are classic?

Go back to Yorimoi threads— Oh, wait. There aren't any.

Attached: 1521599436969.png (1447x1711, 3.59M)

Why not?

>VEG remembered fondly instead of being used as shitposting bait

Attached: 1548943380096.jpg (797x317, 93K)

What if it's the other way around?

Attached: 1325883845163.jpg (433x234, 93K)

For Violet.

Violet is made for bullying.

Attached: crybaby.jpg (7680x4320, 1001K)

She needs to be protected

I forgot Koe no Katachi was a thing.

no. she is the cutest when she cries.

Attached: smiling cry.jpg (1280x720, 95K)

And don't make her cry because of this

I don't know about that.

Attached: bnp.jpg (780x1248, 98K)

>Shirobako
>no

Something like Madoka or Haruhi are modern classics. After all these years people still talk about them and it changed the way modern anime stories are told. VEG didn't seem to have much of an impact inside the industry, and we'll have to wait a few years to see if anyone even still cares about it to measure if it's a classic or not.

Not because I wanted to, but because I had to.

Attached: memes.jpg (1024x640, 366K)

Why? I just want to see Violet at her cutest

Violet's face design honestly is kinda bad. Most expressions don't work with it, anything that isn't a poker face looks hideous

You wanna fight?

Attached: concerned violet.png (1147x1080, 1.42M)

It's good. But make her cry from happiness.

She is so beautiful

It's called alcohol fetal syndrome or something, and I think they pulled it off very realistically.

Its easier to bully her though. Just look at what Irma did to her

I liked her more when she cried when she sympathized with someone.

Attached: really worried about her.jpg (1280x720, 92K)

Cute cry

A classic is a meme term used by people who take chinese cartoons too seriously.

Attached: Chika_dance3.gif (600x600, 622K)

You're not bullying Violet-chan, are you user?

Attached: 1448445612962.gif (500x390, 1.75M)

I'm just telling her I know where Gilbert is so she would follow me all day, that's all.

God, it really works.

Don't make her cry anyomore, OK?

Attached: BAIORETTO.jpg (1280x720, 70K)

I don't get it.

> streaming
As expected of a VEGfag

Attached: Maki_disdain2.png (387x720, 528K)

Don't lump us with that moron.

the good 2D animation outweighs the bad CG

It most of all needs to be good.

No, it's not good.

Why? You're all retarded.

Attached: maki_disdain.png (860x800, 611K)

The idolfag now thinks he's worth more than a maggot.

Attached: 1494348637815.png (800x736, 432K)

worse than that, he's avatarfagging

Attached: ann reject.png (624x600, 365K)

Real men love idols. Only wimpy manlets watch stuff like VEG.

Attached: VEG_a_shit.png (2296x4376, 927K)

> using the same character more than once is avatarfagging
Imagine being this new.

Attached: nico_excited.png (1920x1080, 2.32M)

Yes, I'm sure real men worship cartoon hookers made specifically to attract the lowest kinds of otaku.

Attached: 1532702455760.jpg (960x720, 128K)

At least they can wear a bikini to the beach

Attached: rin_smug2.jpg (500x600, 243K)

>bland waifubaits can weak bikini
Wow congratulations holy shit, you're totally her special one.

Attached: 1449642222240.gif (480x479, 263K)

> he doesn't know
As expected of a bonafide redditor

Attached: hanayo_smug.png (400x259, 112K)

Reminder that Violet Evergarden is Yea Forums's official AOTY™.

Hunter x Hunter became a classic like FMA though it had the advantage of spawning episodes for 3 years. Long running Shonen have the most chance to become classicals in this day and age.
Madoka too became one and it was from 2011. Talking about a more recent age I'd say Onepunch Man, it somehow reached into the normalfag sphere and it's also loved by more elitist fags who followed the manga or webcomic AND it also gets recommended to people who aren't into Shonen, as a comedy anime. That was 2015 and I'm kinda sure it's still cemented as a must watch anime.

Besides those I don't know about other anime who are standing the test of time. It sucks because Mob is another Madoka for me. A short anime anyone can enjoy but it didn't quite make it into the hall of fame.

>Besides those I don't know about other anime who are standing the test of time.
Ping Pong is the Evangelion of this era.

Hey janny, you're a nigger for not nuking only the idolfag.
A fucking nigger. Oh I'm sorry, was I being toxic?

Attached: 1537389978108.png (592x292, 30K)

>The true face of the Redditor is revealed
out out out

Attached: Rusalka_smug_Laugh.jpg (1920x1080, 492K)

Joke is on you maggot-kun. The nigger janny only proved nobody was samefagging to look down on you.

Clean it up janny, this thread is serious business.

Attached: 1377669911786.jpg (396x402, 17K)

> he's still mad
Go home and lick your wounds. Get some upvotes

Attached: raibu_laugh.jpg (1920x1080, 894K)

Attached: 1534715338960.png (720x480, 332K)

VEG is trash that deservedly flopped, get better taste kyoanuslicker

Not so fast, idolfag.

Attached: 27a.png (356x806, 397K)

>8k
>flop
Just because it didn't sell as much as idolshit like Zombieland Saga and IDOLiSH7, doesn't mean it's a flop.

Go cry on IRC maggot-kun. You're an idolfag, you don't get to talk down on others ever.
You can't even tell your own mother about your "hobby".

Attached: 1430682371316.jpg (577x599, 69K)

>Violet Evergarden a modern classic

Attached: 1536068399611.png (278x259, 63K)

Attached: holla holla get yuan.jpg (1455x2160, 3.24M)

> You can't even tell your own mother about your "hobby".
> Projecting this hard

Attached: chitanda_oh2.jpg (1920x1080, 742K)

I'm sure she knows you worship cartoons and encourages you to do so.

Attached: 1354694945172.jpg (490x333, 34K)

what i liked the most is that it was such a labor of love from the production staff.
you could tell they really poured their heart and soul into it, something you rarely see from a tv production.
they knew this was gonna be something special

This, and also the fact that 95+% of modern anime are just LN adverts that only get as many seasons as the marketers decide. These days the Jojo adaptations are the only anime that's guaranteed to tell the whole story, when that used to be the standard for adaptations.

>Violet Evergarden is announced
>is the Magnum Opus Of Anime !!!
>50k said Yea Forums
>17k Free 2, the last big hit of Kyoani.
>expect sales of 20k minimum, if you are not optimistic with the sales of kyoani you do not love the anime !!!
>sell 8k
No, it wasn't a flop.

Attached: magnum opus.jpg (76x88, 3K)

She doesn't care about what I do in my spare time if she doesn't understand it. Only ironic weebs - another hallmark of Reddit by the way - think that everyone is out to get them and make fun of them.

Attached: nozomi_smug.jpg (1920x1080, 226K)

Based. I'm glad that that thing is not getting a S2. I got fed up with seeing that shit when it was airing. Almost as bad as Franxx.

>it wasn't a flop
Correct. 8k is most certainly not a flop. Violet Evergarden was also a tremendous hit in China. People who said it was going to sell 50k were obvious shitposters from Yea Forums trying to start studio wars.
If you believe Violet Evergarden was a flop, you're delusional. Get your brain checked.

>I'm glad that that thing is not getting a S2.
It's getting a sequel movie, retard. The show was a tremendous worldwide success.

So not even your mother cares about you and what you do. Sasuga idolfag.

Attached: 1432282313302.jpg (701x800, 96K)

Whatever. That's a couple of threads when it comes out. Much better than enduring weeks of shitposting.
> Tremendous success.
Stay delusional.

Attached: Sena_laugh_smug.gif (400x471, 289K)

Attached: 1523586751924.jpg (720x960, 112K)

We know it's a very popular anime, you really don't have to point that out.

I'm not the 'tard you're replying to btw.

> he thinks that accepting that other people are interested in things you don't understand is the same as being indifferent to them
That's a clear sign of hive-mind mentality, which is also a hallmark of Reddit. Sad.

Attached: smug kirino.png (494x596, 343K)

Attached: 2deep4u fightan.webm (854x480, 1.2M)

> some whiteoid schoolteacher made a worksheet therefore VEG is popular

Attached: baka!.jpg (300x168, 16K)

>be good
>be over 10 years old

>idolfag accusing others of hive-mind mentality
You people really don't have a single drop of self-awareness in you, do you?
Why are you even still here anyway. Don't tell me you're one of those that enjoy getting humiliated.

Attached: slaves.jpg (1132x800, 167K)

Well, in your mind it was not a flop (kek), but then how do you explain that a show that was promoted 2 years before its premiere, pre premieres, Kyoani's prima opera was defeated in sales by shows we barely knew anything about until its premiere, and that were named and recognized by means other than the anime world? that was definitely embarrassing whether you wanted to accept it or not.

I'm here to self-moderate. You guys have that too with upvotes, so I'm not sure why it's so hard for you to understand. What's with that picture anyway? It looks like the guy in the black shirt and the LLfriend got into an altercation. What does that have to do with anything?

Attached: Watanabe_(you).png (448x468, 194K)

It's an English workbook for Chinese students. Violet Evergarden is a 老师.

Attached: 1545356326782.jpg (980x551, 316K)

> some chink snuck an anime reference into a book therefore it's popular

Attached: Illya_anta baka.jpg (800x600, 193K)

Pic related.

Attached: definition of masterpiece.jpg (1920x1080, 374K)

>shows we barely knew anything about until its premiere
Are you talking about Yorimoi?
KyoAni just uploaded some videos on their YouTube channel and showed the first episode on some cons. How does that affect Japanese BD sales? Do you know how big Kadokawa is and how much they spend on marketing their shows? You think a small independent company like KyoAni could compete with big publishers in advertising?

Hyouka, Haruhi, Lucky Star, Nichijou and maybe Clanaad are the only good things KyoAni ever did. Yuribaitshitters and VEGfags need not apply.

Attached: chitanda_cute.jpg (1920x1080, 794K)

>Have the best talent in the industry working on your line art and animation
>ruin it by slapping on 50 different filters and over animating unnecessary shit
This will only be remembered for being in every pre teen girls must watch list and Violets autisim

If you dislike Violet Evergarden, you can easily leave this board. No one's forcing you to stay.

Attached: 1545691903977.jpg (2494x2060, 2.18M)

and? Why do you avoid the main issue? what I mean is that a show that is genuinely good (spoke of Yuru Camp, but since you mention Sora Yori also enters this category) generate positive comments and sometimes good sales (sales are not reflective of the quality of the show , but it does reflect the level of interest of the fans). Despite all its promotion, there is no mention of Violet Evergarden for its quality of script, characters or lasting impression but for technical details and memes. That's what the main post is all about.

>/u/ invasion is a myt-

>If you love choccy Violet you have to drink chocolate milk every day!

Attached: 132654488.png (1280x720, 992K)

People aren't even talking about the plot and characters of it today, why would they do in 10 years?

They never did. Nobody was seriously discussing it even when it was airing. It was all Yea Forums shitposting and "oh muh gawd look at that sakuga"

Attached: rin_disgust.png (327x328, 188K)

People tried but FranXX shitposters and "Violet Autism Hat" was spammed to death in every thread. Much like this thread right now.

I think everyone or the vast majority needs to not dislike the anime to make it a classic. There are many people that think veg is boring

But the direction on Hunter/Hunter was absolute dogshit.

I fucking hate AOTS/AOTY shit, it's cancer that only Yea Forumsermins would post

What would someone who only makes shitty manga, like Body Talk, know about classics?

The majority were shitposting because there's nothing to discuss. Look at how Oregairu threads are today. Obviously the two series are very different, but my point is that Oregairu got to where it it because people ran out of shit to discuss but they can't let the series go because it's not over, hence the shitposting frenzy. VEG had no value from the outset which is why the majority of fans quickly got bored of talking about the barebone story and characters and resorted to shitposting.

Attached: nozomi_dab.jpg (850x1206, 108K)

bruh

Attached: Violet Evergarden the movie™ - No Country for Ugly Old Men.png (800x572, 879K)

Violet pleases her old man for allowance money.

Or, you know, we fight back the garbage.

>self moderation
>in 2019
Idolfags are way too stupid.

More like kyotofags, 3 kyoani AOTY in a row.

That's because you people refuse to go back.

Attached: out_back_to_reddit.png (789x815, 607K)

It's a textbook for teaching English to East Asians, which means it's mass printed.
The only question I have is about kyoani being paid for the usage of their character like that.

Also does this count as popular or are you just going to weasel out again?
youtube.com/watch?v=b6VWpyLtFso

Look kid, it doesn't matter how many times you say it. It won't become true and you'll always be an idolfag and a newfag compared to me - the absolute lowest of the lowest.

Why aren't you crying on IRC? Oh yeah, you don't know how to use that either. Lmao.

Attached: 1380945554687.gif (640x360, 373K)

Imagine the smell

>concert
>small venue
Those people are there to hear their favorite seiyuus sing, not for the anime.

Attached: Nana concert.jpg (1920x1080, 209K)

Weasel it is then.

Really wish I knew what happened with Chitanda and Houtarou's relationship in the latest volumes.

Chitanda is engaged to a rich guy.

Nice counterargument.

In a sexual way to see who comes first.

Chitanda is cucking our boy.

There's always Irisu.

Ignore them. It's a series that's only good for shitposting, so it's natural that the fans have nothing but nonsense in their heads as well.

Attached: violet_autistic.png (1160x1079, 595K)

I doubt she'd be interested.

Are you fucking serious? NTR?

That's actually an interesting twist, and I don't mean it in an NTR way. Chitanda's role in the story was to open Houtarou's mind to the possibilities and joys that life has. I think that them getting together would, well, not quite undermine but certainly conceal that message behind the romance parts. "keep an optimistic outlook and try to derive joy from regular life" will give way to "you'll be happy when a cute ditzy girl lands unto your lap". I'm not keeping up with the LN but I think this could be a good set-up for a different character to step in for Houtarou to engage with on equal terms, instead of being "pulled up" by Chitanda. It could make for some great storytelling.

Attached: chitanda_tree.jpg (620x439, 63K)

give me a quick rundown on this chitanda tree meme.

Fucking baka.

気になります (kininarimasu = I'm curious about X / I'm interested in X)
木になります (kininarimasu = I'm a fucking tree)

Attached: 1516319633102.png (675x1080, 665K)

With this kind of twist, why didn't Hyouka become a meme with the NTR?

Japanese pun. I'm an EOP so I can't explain it in detail but as far as I know that's all there is to it.

Attached: chitanda_curious.jpg (1920x1080, 812K)

Thanks Iris.

Hyoukafriends are not retarded?

Attached: chitanda_tenshi.jpg (1920x1080, 642K)

You'll never fit in, Reddit. You think that Yea Forums culture just boils down to throwing insults, and that fact speaks volumes as to how new you are.

Attached: rin_crossboarder_out.jpg (1920x1080, 977K)

> reddit reddit reddit reddit
You having a stroke there, boy?

What would sex with Eru be like?

Like a tree.

Nobody is talking about veg tho

Poe claiming its a classic is not discussion. Its just a statement

Stay mad newfag.

Attached: maika_out.jpg (603x588, 192K)

Missionary with kissing, handholding and nakadashi.

Attached: chitanda_look.jpg (1920x1080, 632K)

jesus fucking christ
boards.fireden.net/_/search/filename/rin_disgust/
boards.fireden.net/_/search/filename/maika_out/
boards.fireden.net/_/search/filename/rin_smug2/image/KuGkh2Ywa24aIvwvcnnKHA/
boards.fireden.net/_/search/filename/Rusalka_smug_Laugh/
boards.fireden.net/_/search/filename/maki_disdain/
boards.fireden.net/_/search/filename/sena_laugh_smug/
boards.fireden.net/_/search/filename/watanabe_(you)/
boards.fireden.net/_/search/filename/nozomi_dab/
boards.fireden.net/_/search/filename/rin_crossboarder_out/

>he's from /vg/
>not a single post before 2016
>uses yikes
>is obsessed with reddit
what kind of cancer is this
i mean, holy SHIT

Attached: 1430962743661.jpg (854x859, 372K)

Ahh. You just gotta love archives eh maggot-kun ?
Exposed.

Attached: 1449646304818.gif (650x366, 302K)

Based and Parthianpilled

Because I only got into idols in 2016. That aside, it's not surprising that you'd go as far as going onto the archives. Redditors love doing this shit with usernames and that's the closest thing we have here.

Attached: yikes_4_(you).jpg (750x435, 39K)

Go back to re￶ddit, newfag. God this feels good.

Attached: 1448725472315.jpg (1369x1183, 338K)

Attached: 13265165466.jpg (764x713, 309K)

Same to you. Anyhow, my job's done since VEGshit stopped being the focus of the thread 7 hours ago.

Attached: iori_smug.jpg (500x611, 64K)

Attached: shimarin_disgust3.jpg (654x720, 279K)

>m-muh thread
The quality of Yea Forums threads is not of my concern.
>idolfag
>redditor
>newfag
>from /vg/
You've been thoroughly exposed and at this point there's nothing left of you to scoff at. This is my final reply and I'll use it to say VEG is better than every single anime you've been posting - combined.

Attached: 1492484989152.jpg (300x338, 29K)

Personally I prefer Saber Alter

Attached: seiba_evening.jpg (700x397, 62K)

>The quality of Yea Forums threads is not of my concern.
So you admit you're an outsider? Gotcha.
Bye Bye.

Attached: Sayaka_wave.jpg (1920x1080, 914K)

Has to be well regarded, popular and endure the test of time.

Violet Evergarden is very well scored on every major site about anime, is popular to the point of having endless shitposting here; all it is missing is survive the passing of time so there's no way to answer your question yet.

Also it makes people quite mad for some reason and this thread is yet another case of some dude losing his shit over it.

VEGfags are literally the most cancerous posters coming out of 2018. Being lumped with a streamfag won't make you worse.

> is popular to the point of having endless shitposting here
So is Eva but we all know it's all nostalgia.

>220 posts
>74 posters
Jesus, thay VEGfag is really giving his all shilling his forgettable anime?

That's quite the statement to make when 2018 had Franxx shitting up the entire board for 24 weeks straight.

How are the fans of Violet the absolute worst? What is the reasoning behind such a statement?

$1000 to go buy some new dresses for that great figure.

They're insane. These people are worse than Franxxfags because at least Franxx was actually popular. Best not to think of them as people.

The amount of samefagging coming from that one seething user is uncanny.

Attached: 1532733937951.png (639x624, 499K)

The constant threads made by the exact same poster even though EVERY single one of those threads are absolute garbage with VEGtards samefagging? Franxxfags fucked off as soon as it was over. The very few VEGtards on this board are doing their best shilling it while spamming other threads like webm threads

Can you prove anything you just said or are those just fantasies of yours?

We're all just one person here anyway.

Attached: everyone is (you).png (1288x931, 143K)

Ah I remember when kyoani had het romances.

we really don't need 2 violet threads up at the same time anons

We don't need any violet threads at all.

Attached: smug_oni.jpg (385x376, 25K)

The fact that the same images, webms sentence structure, questions and statements are used while every thread has 4 times has many posts as posters.

We can all agree that Haruhi is KyoAni's eternal masterpiece right?

Attached: haruhi_happy.jpg (1920x1080, 590K)

y'all are being colonised, VEGetables.

Attached: Haruhi_chechem.png (420x420, 355K)

Also remember that the Kyoanifags are on a sacred crusade to bring back to the good path all those infidels who think that kyoani does not perform the best anime; their fanaticism has always preceded them.

Shit series with shit fanbase. sayonara, niggers.

Attached: kaori_wave.gif (640x480, 1.1M)

You've presented no proof and given the anonymous nature of this site I very much doubt you will ever prove your fantasies.

the poor guy that got exposed is being ignored, how rude of you anons
won't any of you give him some replies

Redditor samefag still seething I see

me to like it

He likes it.

She lives forever inside everyone's heads for free.

For free!

Attached: 1532212779995.png (318x431, 230K)

A classic has to be timeless, influential, and cause a big stir. Something that is regularly talked about it referenced throughout time.

It's near impossible to put into words but the last time I legitimately felt like something airing I was watching was going to be a classic, something people would still talk about 5+ years down the road was Madoka

The biggest proof is that someone says their opinion, even though it is contrary to mine in my favorite anime and I simply give myself a facepalm and continue with what I do; Unlike you, I say something about VEG or Kyoani and your blood boils and you try to change my mind. Greater proof there is not.

You have too many fantasies user.

Attached: 1541834969752.jpg (360x432, 61K)

You know the deal

Attached: illya_kuro_normal.jpg (1920x2633, 313K)

Funny how my favorites of the past get nothing but shitposts and irony nowadays.

If that's a classic then I don't think becoming one is a good thing.

VEGtables OUT

too fucking sad

Are you upset?

Attached: 1522840012271.jpg (1920x1080, 194K)

youtube.com/watch?v=ZbPHu1N16VM

Is it a fairytale?

If you want it to be.

youtube.com/watch?v=78Cq6nEWmCs

Oh, thanks, I just wanted to find it.

The old Pantheon won't break this spirit.

Attached: soul.png (537x727, 73K)

>be Violet Evergarden
>be beloved by Yea Forums (not counting shounenshitters and crossboarders)
>be one the greatest anime of the decade
>have amazing animation
>have great storytelling
>have good characters
>piss off flip tripfags
>piss off Yuru Camp, FranXX, and Yorimoi fans who believe their show is better or even close to being as good (like how IS and Korean Zombie fans believed their show was better than Madoka in the winter season of 2011)
Hating Violet Evergarden is like hating anime itself.

Attached: 1518199525641.png (1920x1080, 1.79M)

>is best made TV anime of all time a classic or not?
humm hard question, op!

Of course its fucking is, because until something even greater is released, whenever someone asks "whats the best TV anime of all time?" the answer would be VEG

Hyouka is genuine classic, since its reception when it aired on Yea Forums was meh - few people genuinely cared, and most shitposted about it making them zzzzz.

Meanwhile, after BD release instead of fading into obscurity, the show started to gain popularity and continues up to today- genuinely earning a title of undisputable classic.

VEG is different, as it became one simply by fact of its ambition succeeding as it attracted attention from the start.

>not being a kyoanus licker in 2018
look at the state of this faggot

It is far from the best made TV anime.

>VEGfags still try to push their shitty anime
Maybe you should remove thyself from existence, instead of forcing your shit taste upon us?

Attached: sheploo beer.jpg (1280x1024, 139K)

>be Violet Evergarden
>want to fuck my daddy
OH BABY

someone link me to where i can buy the LN? and the other KA novels?

What about cult followings? FSN isn't really what you'd consider a modern classic, per se. But it still gets plenty of buzz.

to come back in the movie and impregnate violet

Attached: 1523498044174.jpg (810x1080, 132K)

FSN is 15 years old. Hard to call it modern anymore.
But a lot of people would definitely call it a classic.

bully Violets cunny!

Attached: 72519751_p0_master1200.jpg (1200x895, 387K)

>Biology teachers at a high school affiliated with China's Southwest University were so impressed with the accuracy of the series they assigned it as homework for their students.
Hataraku Saibou > Violate Evengaiden.

>Hataraku Saibou > Violate Evengaiden
Fuck off.

Attached: overrated rubbish.jpg (2664x986, 2.08M)

>HS franchise is overrated
Stay filtered then.

Attached: 22.jpg (1125x1600, 631K)

Nice.

Is listening to this while trying to fall asleep advised?

That's a yikes from me.