What is the best time loop story?

What is the best time loop story?

Best to worst?

Attached: timeloops.jpg (2461x1200, 1.04M)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=7ZkUsxlUwbA
youtube.com/watch?v=1acfflsNuIM&list=PLUmU8V7hhvqyqQfox_5XpeRzXBiXP5mxf&index=7
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Endless eight

Attached: kino.png (1280x720, 1.27M)

Attached: .jpg (1280x720, 94K)

>mfw none of the plebs on Yea Forums will know the true answer
>most children here will probably say rezero or endless eight

Groundhog Day, now kill yourself

Best: Tsubasa Chronicles
Worst: (actual spoilers, not used for dramatic effect) Attack On Titan

Madoka > Steins;Gate > ReZero > Groundhog Day > AYNIK > GWLTT > Haruhi

Stay mad.

groundhog day

What's the true answer then?

JoJo part 4

Groundhog's day>Madoka>Tatami>Donnie Darko>Haruhi>Stein's gate>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Re:Trash

I swear I have yu-no around somewhere but have never read it. Haruhi should probably be in first place for all the assmad it caused on Yea Forums the season it was out but got boring after a few loops. I feel bad for people who watch it for the first time after the fact and have to decide to marathon or skip e8.

I only watched the first 6 or 7 episodes of the show and tried to read about as far in the manga but know nothing of the rest of the show except everything it titans, they actually made it a time loop? It kind of seemed that way from the way the MC woke up at the beginning.

We had the same thread 2 years, 1 month, and 14 days ago. I think is time to stop.

>I swear I have yu-no around somewhere but have never read it
Make sure you apply the voice patch when you do.

Was shit.
He talked up his timeloop bullshit like it was an awesome feature of his power when it's an unnecessary crippling weakness that just extends the series out, again.

Either you admit that Muv-Luv is the best one, or you admit that you haven't read Muv-Luv.
It's so far ahead of everything else in this regard. It's not just the best example of a timeloop story in Yea Forums fiction, it's the best example in fiction overall.
It is also the best use of an alien invasion plot in all of fiction.
And the best use of parallel universes in all of fiction.
MLA has some serious flaws which harmed my enjoyment of it, but its use of science fiction concepts is absolutely masterful. I would say "flawless", but that implies it follows establishes rules and doesn't make any mistakes - which isn't accurate. It doesn't follow established guidelines, which is precisely why it works.
Anyway, Muv-Luv wins.

Attached: s00mika.jpg (1920x1383, 822K)

Well, what do you really mean by best? Actually takes advantage of the fact that it's a timeloop or just the best narrative overall? I think Madoka is one of the stronger narratives, but the timelooping aspect is a framing device for Homura's backstory and a few other things, but the narrative doesn't center around that aspect of the story.

SubaHibi is not even a time loop.

*established rules

MLA is a masterpiece but fuck that ending

If I had to pick from your picture I'd vote for Donnie Darko.

mujaki no rakuen

Attached: images (4).jpg (459x668, 57K)

lmao brainlet, way to completely not understand anything about the ending.

this

This thread should've been on Yea Forums because the real answer is Groundhog's day

Futurama

Little Busters
Hanabi playing while Kyousuke's plan for the past two and a half cours unravels before his eyes, goddamn

Beautiful Dreamer.

youtube.com/watch?v=7ZkUsxlUwbA

It unleashed unrestrained Oshii into the world (not even Rumik could tame it that time), the rest is history.

MLA is fucking trash only shitposters who read ML and ONLY ML cannot stop harping over.

Attached: CHOMP.webm (1024x600, 2.92M)

Definitely The Tatami Galaxy, the loop actually had a meaning there and it's not just "game over? restart."

Like I said it has some big problems. The ending is one of them. I also thought the "muh nippon" nationalism was overbearing, most obviously in the civil war arc. I happen to be very cynical about any kind of nationalism anyway, let alone nationalism for a country so distant from my own, so the whole affair just seemed stupid to me. But when Muv-Luv gets things right, it gets them seriously spot-on.
If your heart didn't skip a beat when you first saw pic related, then don't bother replying to me.

Attached: sumika right there.jpg (2416x1416, 967K)

>Oshii fanboy thinks he has elevated taste
I like UY but fuck you.

Bananice one

Attached: a00696.jpg (1920x1080, 312K)

I was just highlighting the importance of his later works. I didn't mention anything about my preferences and opinion being superior or anything like that, mate.

That game is terrible.

youtube.com/watch?v=1acfflsNuIM&list=PLUmU8V7hhvqyqQfox_5XpeRzXBiXP5mxf&index=7

Excuse me OP you forgot Bunny Girl Senpai.

>No mentions of Higurashi
Sigh... the cartel won after all.....

You are a moron. Not only did he get creative freedom in earlier episodes, but Beautiful Dreamer in general was supposed to represent the staff's feelings on working on the show. It wasn't Oshii's idea alone, idiot.

I'm and just want to let you know this retard: isn't me.

Why is this not included?

Attached: 146645153917849580.jpg (640x360, 34K)

Subahibi

First, being at the helm of a project means (for better of worse) that he represented the role of a figurehead for the film supervising and accepting every aspect of it, and bears responsibility for the final product. He was the writer too.

Second, having such creative freedom before in the series doesn't preclude the definitive relevance of a work for a bigger audience that a tent-pole theatrical release as is Beautiful Dreamer meant (in contrast to an Only You more in line with a Rumiko fan pleaser). It really gave him the opportunity to tackle shortly afterwards a very personal endeavour like Angel's Egg, and further projects of a more stylised approach.

Attached: 71iPHDbB3YL.jpg (987x1519, 193K)

That was a good episode

>trying to use a meme review as any kind of criticism
you know what, I can't be fucking bothered to even formulate an argument.

Attached: Absolutely Disgusting!.jpg (428x575, 40K)

Mu luv is something that has been on my VN backlog for some time, i need to fucking read it, i heard its great

KYON-KUN

SG, followed by Rezero and Madoka. Ayou need is kill is also good. tatami galaxy can eat shit.

>Kills Jotaro, something not even the world was capable of
>Almost Defeats the entire duwang gang
>Had he been just fast enough he would have been able to save himself
>Only defeatable because he was retarded and revealed himself to Josuke instead of going to work like a regular person
>led to the final battle, thus probably making them fight less stand users than they would have on the way to Kosaku's house

Alrighty

Attached: kingu crimson.png (1136x993, 2.19M)

Wasn't a huge fan of the time loop arc in bunny girl senpai. It ended way too suddenly and didn't really make a ton of sense

based
cringepilled

It takes a lot of investment but yes, it's great. I think it's hurt a little by some of its gimmicks being spammed by shitty isekai light novels in recent years.

Probably the greatest praise I've ever heard of MLA: "Wow, this anime is really low budget". Its not an anime.

Never read HakoMari, how is it?

You are genuinely retarded, and have no idea about anything related to the making of Beautiful Dreamer. Typical hipster dumbfuck.

Sorry brainlet, nobody cares about your mindless praise, particularly when you haven't watched or read the alternatives.

Attached: dr325.jpg (1400x970, 470K)

Only 1 of these truly put you in the same mind set of the one affected by the time loop. Therefore it is automatically the best.

DENWA

Unironically all you need is kill is the best.

With the exception of Madoka this is correct.
MuvLuv is brilliant.
But Madoka is literally the second coming of Christ

Which is?

The ending is literally one of the most beautiful things I have ever seen.
Did you perhaps not understand it?

Attached: KasumiCry.png (1343x786, 1.51M)

Not him, but I hated the suicide run. Where every single one of the girls had to make a emotional heroic sacrifice.

Ach, that one. Yea that was retarded and I stopped caring about them once I noticed that they were pulling this trope.
I thought the final ending where Kasumi Transportes into the class in final extra, and just starts crying:
She was in the horrible horrible world, where there is only war. And where she never had a childhood. And where all of her friends died horrible deaths, and Takeru disappeared, leaving her all alone.
But then somehow she gets issekaied into a world where all of them sit happily in class and are having a peaceful life and don’t even know the alternative.
And her little heart could not take it, and so she sobs uncontrollably.
That scene makes me cry every time I rewatch it. (Before anyone says something retarded, It’s on YouTube)

So is she legal?

Attached: 1550715895201.jpg (1469x671, 212K)

I don't know, I rewatched groundhog day recently, and it was kinda annoying in the second half when it turns into a straight romcom