What do the watermelons symbolize?

What do the watermelons symbolize?

Attached: 1436421114306.png (704x480, 375K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/6-ux8AXqh2o
twitter.com/AnonBabble

black people

fruit

tiddies

Niggers

The watermelons need constant care and attention in order to grow. Its difficult but fruitful work. Coincidentally Shinji gets good advice from Kaji.

Attached: 1551163235268.jpg (450x634, 145K)

Kaji would rather be between Misato's melons.

all the children kaji sowed in random women

Watermelon are suika, which is said the same way as the train station system in Japan. To get onto the train, you have to push your way through a way that parts in half when you push your body into it. It could be a representation of the euphemism for doing the same but with someone's body and your own (also referred to sex, in layman's terms).

>Its difficult but fruitful work
HA

Nuclear annihilation.

Wait... what.... this makes sense, WHY DOES THIS MAKE SENSE

muhfuckin watermelons thats what.

watermelons do not require constant work. source: am guy who's grown water melons and did very little work.

fucking your own mother or something stupid and/or Freudian like most symbolism in NGE

The watermelons are the virgin marys melons, dont (You) me

Because OP fucked up and chose a real one for the joke. Kaji's talking about helping something grow simultaneous to making himself a rolemodel, he uses them as an example of what he enjoys doing to speak more generally with Shinji about engaging with the world, they're revisited during an Angel attack to illustrate the limit of what Kaji can do about that situation. There's a connecting lackadaisical attitude of Kaji's, too, and is part of that; he isn't committing a lot of effort to any of this. It's fine if Shinji doesn't have something he enjoys and it's fine if Shinji doesn't want to fight the Angel, it's always about giving Shinji perspective rather than an effort to persuade him.

Attached: 1535979007374.png (610x624, 364K)

The watermelons are subtly portrayed as a Christ figure, but note that there is no real significance behind it. Anno put in the Christian symbols for shits and giggles.

(You)

Attached: 1550949767896.jpg (600x539, 64K)

Artificially cultivated communal activities and thus the parasocial bonds NERV built around Shinji and Asuka, who are ultimately really company assets.

When Kaji dies the entire society shinji and asuka built up and had grown attached too dies with him, as it leaves Masato unable to maintain the parasocial bonds between herself and the Eva pilots, and thus both children are ultimately forced more and more into the role of assets for NERV, which ultimately Asuka rejects because she comes to realise all the people around her just see her as a useful asset or "doll". Shinji by contrast falls into the false belief instilled by the melons, that if one only continues to do what is asked of him then this will ultimately lead to the melons of social bonds growing, however Rei is the ultimate end point of that process, having been entirely depersonalised to the point that the only person who truly feels anything for her are the one tech guy who's a pedo for her and Ritsuko who hates her.

Attached: In Russia, Asuka think you best girl.jpg (572x827, 122K)

It's the circle of life

Attached: 1545354373539.jpg (632x900, 89K)

Something, something, growth&death of adolescence

Something, something, judeo Christian symbology

I have a watermelon patch user, it is hard work.

There's a few parts to it. First of all, growing plants and flowers like Kaji does is seen as a feminine pursuit. The fact that it's his hobby is a hint that his flirty, lady's man persona is a front. It also hints to his nurturing side, and it's no coincidence that we are shown his melon tending at the same time he is giving Shinji advice.

Secondly, Eva has a strong undercurrent of distrust of technological advancement. By setting Kaji up as a "man of the soil" in tune with nature, they are contrasting him with the people he is working against, Gendo and SEELE, who want to use technology and ancient alien magic to destroy the world.

Finally, they serve the exact purpose Kaji says they do. They give him a hobby, something that provides purpose, and a sense of relaxation and achievement. What he says about finding something you enjoy for yourself is just good advice.

Attached: everything's so... juicy.jpg (300x353, 70K)

Attached: grilled.jpg (1920x1080, 144K)

they symbolize HUGE SWEET JUICY STEAMY fruits

>the one tech guy who's a pedo for her
Fucking brainlet. Aoba doesn't see Rei when he's being collected because he's a pedo, he sees her because he has no one he loves. It's meant to show that if the Reis can't get you to come willingly, they'll force you into instrumentality.

For everyone else, there's just one Rei and she becomes someone they know, calming them. For him, there's multiple Reis and he's screaming like a little girl when they tang him.

I find it funny that Kaji's ladies man act is so convincing that fans still buy it, even after Shinji sees right through him. That nigga had oneitis for Misato so hard that is be shocked if he ever seriously considered fucking anyone else.

Attached: karate is a hobby.png (607x456, 525K)

That's why melons are a garbage fruit.

Now Tomatos *sips tomato juice* THERE'S a good fruit for growing.

Attached: tomatos.jpg (500x367, 147K)

The way that you structured that sentence reminded me of the first clip from this video
youtu.be/6-ux8AXqh2o

Really? because it made me think of big tiddies.

Attached: big titty nun.png (1346x758, 2.27M)

Degenerate

>other people now using the polygamy pic I keep spamming because this is the best ship ever
I'm happy.

Attached: Evangelion polygamy.jpg (800x940, 169K)

tasty

>"Why is there a watermelon there?"
>"I'll explain later."

All you need to know.

watermelon is a vegetable

Watermelon: the large fruit of a plant of the gourd family, with smooth green skin, red pulp, and watery juice.

Watermelon is a berry.

Watermelon is an angel.

Misato's tits, i.e. the REAL best girl.

growth of life.

It must have been some intense oneitis for him to turn down someone like Asuka

Attached: 1550368159883.jpg (3090x4464, 3.2M)

>pic related
What am I looking at?

Inside of our hard shell
We all fruit!

Attached: Rebuild Shinji.jpg (1280x1024, 152K)

I don't support a ship between them, but I just want them to get along. Things were going well for them when they did.

Attached: it's a big big city and the lights are all out.jpg (520x390, 45K)

Idiots like you never learn.

Attached: evaquote.jpg (1281x720, 432K)

I'M GOING TO SAY THE WORD.

>one staff member clarifies that EVA isn't literally a commentary on Christianity itself
>by some absurd triple-jump of logic, this means the show has no symbolism or hidden meanings of any kind

Attached: asuka resentful.jpg (640x467, 48K)

This

Attached: 772E5527-357F-4235-97ED-34A9FD6FC70B.jpg (700x668, 64K)

My desire to hit Shinji with a large sledgehammer

>one staff member
That's the assistant director. Not his fault you were stupid enough to believe everything in Evangelion meant something.

>the decision to note the color of the curtains not having any effect.

Fuck off James Ellroy and buy some fucking adjectives you plain prose fucking eyesore.

I think it's Isaac Asimov giving Ayn Rand cosplaying as Asuka from Evangelion a microscope.

It's not like taking the brief miscoloration of Ritsuko's hair as brown in a single cel of the scene where Eva 000 first goes berserk is being analysed to argue that Anno wanted to imply Rei hated Shinji's mom, but the core themes of major scenes that sort of tie into the otherwise incomprehensible ending of the original series.

dead of the author faggot

yes that's why its a symbol and not a literal representation

Attached: 1547526622827.jpg (1040x1362, 341K)

?

>Coincidentally Shinji gets good advice from Kaji.
Which he ignores later and gets everybody killed

asuka's luscious jugs

I want to suck on Asuka's modest, developing, 14-year old's melons.

Best scene in the series. Change my mind.

Attached: [Sephirotic] Evangelion - 19 [MULTI][BD 1080p 8bits 5.1 AAC][FE27EA55].mkv_snapshot_14.10_[2018.07.2 (1440x1080, 226K)

nips thinks watermelons are super exotic or some shit

Her tits aren't bad, they're probably at or close to their final size already. I don't blame Shinji for fapping to them

Attached: 1550330248725.webm (640x480, 1.84M)

the climax of ep 19 is the peak of NGE

Attached: 01.jpg (1223x1920, 864K)