Why are modern anime fans so quick to forget popular characters and shows?

Why are modern anime fans so quick to forget popular characters and shows?

Attached: zero two.jpg (1280x720, 78K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/G7QJ4pzD81k
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Because Darling in the Franxx ended up being forgettable

popular does not equal good, especially this show

Because shit like that is only popular with retards, and retards forget things quickly.

What's the alternative? Do you want people constantly harping on about old shows? Seasons change, new stuff becomes popular, old stuff becomes irrelevant, that's how the world works

Because popularity isn't directly related to quality?
I find Rewrite (VN) to be bloody amazing and remember just about everything about it (which is also sad in a way, no way to relive that first playthrough), but it's not exactly popular, right? When I say Kagari, you say LWA, when I say Kotori, you say Date A Live, because they're popular. Yet I can't for the life of me remember whatever the fuck happened in Date A Live, other than the quickly forgotten premise of "uhhh his choices aren't really made by him", because I found DAL from a recommendation from NouCome.
tl;dr: they're overhyped

Fuck you OP and fuck this shitshow. Stop making threads about it already, they will get archived anyways after some crappy shitposting and waifufagging

Welcome to flavor of the month garbage. You need something that's actually good to have enduring popularity.

Ironic Weeb who interest in things sloppily.

why are modern anime characters so forgettable?

Zero Who?

True. Good shows don't have supernova popularity, they leave the men of integrity with a deep impact in their minds. As you said, when remind of Akane, I always thought about Akane in Rewrite. The reason modern anime are so forgettable is that we had a vacuum of talented author. I believe some social upheaval, chaos is need, in order to have great authors. Great era will give birth to great authors, and our current era is shit.

If you are talking about 02 and FranXX it's because it got so fucking shit in the last 5 or 6 episodes. Even now I want to remember it fondly but I can't overlook how deeply dissapointed I was by it.

Where as you look at something like Satania from Gabriel Dropout which aired two years ago and see how she's still getting threads. It's because her show didn't jump the fucking shark. Same with the girls from Dragon Maid, and to a lesser extent Little Witch Academia.

Attached: 1532196371371.png (1140x1040, 854K)

02 is the only thing I won't forgot about this show actually.
Top tier semen demon.

Attached: 1523135467056.png (1163x1600, 1021K)

No, everyone remebers Violet Evergarden. Meanwhile Franxx and Gridman were forgettable meme shows.

Attached: -NAIoFI0c68.jpg (2560x1816, 1.11M)

Attached: 1531325452769.png (940x1080, 855K)

all anime is temporary unless you have a dedicated spammer like the eva or madoka fag

>Franxx
>popular
Lol desu

probably cuz most modern anime fans have the attention span of a goldfish and as soon as said popular anime ended, they will jumped to the next popular anime and characters the following season

once again, this is wrong. Shit anime gets replaced by shit anime. Only Classics are remembered and Classics are always few.

also, Classics are Classics BECAUSE they are remembered

Because it was pretty forgettable. A show that does nothing new to be interesting aside having a cute pink-haired Oni girl deserves to be forgotten.

Attached: 1398014007057.png (338x380, 91K)

You're delusional if you think only one person is dedicated to Eva and Madoka, retard.

They indeed are remembered even if they aren't talked about. I still rewatch Kill La Kill, Attack On Titan, Shirobako and Kuroko no basuke from time to time. With Franxx I couldn't bother less, what a disgrace to Gainax staff and Nishigori. It's like they all had collective piss on mecha genres grave

Cuz she’s actually garbage and not in the haha you’re waifu a shit kinda way, like legit fucking trash

Man Shizuru route still makes me cry like a little girl.

Nobody forgets actually good shows.
It's more of a case of 2018 being a fucking dumpster fire with everything except for Lupin and Devilman being either a forgettable seasonal shit or a full blown dumpster fire.

Waifu Bait: The Animation

>in the April it will be a year since the show has peaked with episodes 13-15 before spiralling down into the depths of hell

Attached: 1526915769390.png (396x353, 99K)

Already ? Wow

Attached: IMG_20190301_133645.jpg (4608x2112, 2.08M)

I for one rather enjoyed Darling. The ending was rather disappointing though. Hopefully the manga will go a different way.

When a hobby gets popular enough, there's a crowd that always follows it just to be around other people. It wouldn't surprise me if there are people jumping right into seasonal discussions without having watched more than a handful of the classics, if that. It felt like anime got a lot more popular last year. Shows gain explosive popularity and are dropped like a brick the minute they stop airing. Compare that to the sensational anime of last decade which are still fondly remembered.

Eureka Seven who is similar to DitF (romance/mecha/drama...) is still remembered 15 years after it was airing, the difference between these two is that one is good, the other not.
They have been good anime these past 5 years but not any shows that can be considered as a "classic" because now 90% of anime are adaptation of Manga/LN/VN/Games, original anime are rare nowadays sadly.

Ugly ningen

Attached: angry.jpg (506x604, 79K)

You still need three more seasons, bitch.

Attached: 1465758917688.jpg (300x458, 38K)

Zero 2 was pretty boring desu

Maybe because they weren't actually good. The shows rode on hype and popularity in the moment, not actual quality and memorable qualities.

Attached: Man_Of_Integrity.png (640x478, 431K)

I would have erased Franxx from my mind months ago if not for the fact that the manga is still going and promised to change things. Sometimes I wish it would get axed so I can finally move on with my life

Chapter 41 in 8 days!

Attached: 1550948574814.png (822x1200, 822K)

why was this scene yuri bait but did not include any cunnilingus?

Attached: [HorribleSubs] Darling in the FranXX - 18 [720p].mkv_snapshot_09.36_[2018.05.20_09.14.22].jpg (1280x720, 91K)

There's a reason the term "ironic weeb" sees unironic widespread use around these parts nowadays. Popularity has never been more of an indicator of poor, shallow quality than in the last few years of everything, not just Chinese Cartoons.

Because you’re show sucked.

Because anime is an overproduced medium these days designed to flood the market with 100 shows a year in hopes of hitting that 1/1000 chance of a new franchise they can exploit throughout every merchandise avenue possible

My waifu was in a seasonal anime years ago but now she is forgotten. Which I don't mind because I really don't like how she was portrayed in the anime adaptation and I strongly prefer the LN and manga.

Who has actually forgotten 02? Or do you actually think that people not discussing old things constantly means that they have forgotten about them?

>popular
it was Yea Forums and only Yea Forums shilling this shit show

It's true, even the shittiest anime can't be forgotten since you've watched it.
If people doesn't talk about something it's because they don't like it, that's all.

I haven't forget Happy Sugar Life or Jashin-chan though.

Attached: 1546830814303.png (1013x653, 35K)

>If people doesn't talk about something it's because they don't like it, that's all.
That's not true, is the contrary, when a show is too good there's less to talk about it, and if a show like that get threads they usually develop into eternal shitposting that the fans don't want, simply put, good shows with good fans never have threads here.

Could the same be applied for the characters?

Attached: 1528415028222.jpg (321x322, 45K)

Who is the sexiest character in ditf and why is it alpha?

Attached: D0k_hb7UcAANHfb.jpg (1200x841, 162K)

Popular shows still have threads it's just that most anime fans nowadays are trashy underaged normies that watch seasonal anime for the waifus and the memes (cough reddit cough), Yea Forums and reddit are very different but they have something in common, they both have a shitty community.

>modern
>anime
>fans
Pick two

>good shows with good fans
That's a very specific group user.

His voice and his design. Hope he lives to the end in the manga

Based and Redpilled
youtu.be/G7QJ4pzD81k

Attached: he's nuclear.png (500x967, 421K)

Do you really think I could ever forget about Zero Two?

I want him to survive just so we get to see him as an adult

>Popular shows still have threads
And they are total shit man, yes even those cute girls doing cute thing threads.
Is another way to say, yeah, good luck finding that.

I want to see more of that design.

Attached: Dx_BUILV4AA9dKE.jpg large.jpg (1100x1062, 124K)

>manga epilogue will show Alpha and Delta as adults and happily married
Can't wait

You may now kiss the bride!

Attached: 49858610_520215375141122_6510524525879249832_n.jpg (600x600, 58K)

Do they though? There are several weekly threads of franxx. Same with a lot of other shows. Shows that are currently running get a lot more traffic but ended shows get some too.

There's a specific reason why there aren't Franxx discussion threads no more and it's cause of the losers who won't stop yapping about Nishigori or the aliens . It devolves into that every damn time.

Attached: 1548237586803.jpg (2146x3238, 1.11M)

Because newshits just want to be part of the "next big hit" so they jump onboard any hype train they see and completely inflate the apparent popularity of a mediocre show that in the end just didn't deserve half the following it got so it falls apart and the newshits jump over to the next big thing. This is both true for triggershits and kirarashits.

Because they didn't want to fuck over gobro any more

Because faggots keep making the threads with good BAITS. There's no discussion, because all plot ploints were scrapped or resolved badly. There's just nothing to talk about. Stop pretending it was ever good, when first cour had 5 filler episodes back to back that added almost nothing to the series except two fanservice episodes, story of the cuck, story of the the other cuck and some exposition that was left unresolved mostly (waste of episode despite the build up). It devolves into that because it was just shit series overall and the characters were written so badly. Fanart has almost stopped now so it's good time to euthanize this shit

>stop pretending it was good
That's where I stopped reading
Here's your (you),now go back to watching your easy on the brain seasonal mediocrity.

Attached: 1551217998168.gif (400x225, 1.58M)

I stand by the opinion that the first 15 episodes were some of best anime in recent years.

>seasonal mediocrity
like Dororo, Mob psycho, Jojo and Kaguya-sama? It's funny how Franxxfaggots defend this show to bitter end despite most people disliking it. Good to see these threads are on their last legs now. After manga ends there will be nothing left and you will forget too and returm back to the easy on the brain seasonal mediocrity.

Funnily enough it gets constant threads and lives rent free in quite a handful of anons.

Fucking yikes

once the kids made friends with thier masters it all went to shit

You started watching anime yesterday isn't it ?

We should make a law that ban Franxxfags to talk about anime, these sub-humans doesn't have taste.

NGE is shit nerd.

Yes, actually.

There will be new stuff to talk about once the manga diverges even further than it already has, I just know it. Fuck it will probably be twice as long as the anime since yabuki mangas are always super long