Attached: t6.png (1114x1600, 511K)

Attached: t7.png (1114x1600, 435K)

Greatest love story ever told

Attached: t8.png (1114x1600, 406K)

Barbata is Italian confirmed

Attached: t9.png (1114x1600, 381K)

>kawaii desu? uguu~

Attached: t10.png (1114x1600, 404K)

Why is it that every mundane shit that Ichikawa writes there manages to sound super ominous

Attached: t11.png (1114x1600, 486K)

See Phos it only took 20 chapters to ask

Attached: t12.png (1114x1600, 441K)

Did he push some button in the previous panel to activate the projection? Is this a hologram? A 3D modeling?

Attached: t13.png (1114x1600, 551K)

That slug guy doesn't look too happy with that

Attached: t14.png (1114x1600, 470K)

It's a hard slug's life.

Attached: t15.png (1114x1600, 526K)

Attached: t16.png (1114x1600, 427K)

>So you're saying that the Admirabilis are dumb because of whatever you're feeding them ri-
>oy vey shut it down the gem knows

Attached: t17.png (1114x1600, 271K)

Good old Phos and his inexistent sense of self-worth

Attached: t18.png (1114x1600, 448K)

Attached: t19.png (1114x1600, 346K)

>switch it over
The situation? Sensei? Is he telling this to someone else (the human particle)?

Attached: t20.png (1114x1600, 427K)

Attached: t21.png (1114x1600, 196K)

It's nice that each gem says something really relating to their character

Attached: t22.png (1114x1600, 211K)

Wasn't that platform repurposed for the wedding just the day before?
Is this another one? Were the moonies able to dismantle those structures?

Attached: t23.png (1114x1600, 120K)

Did the typesetting change to denote that this is Phos thinking to himself?

Attached: t24.png (1114x1600, 193K)

And Ichikawa ends it with a sucker punch

Attached: t25.png (1114x1600, 243K)

At least next chapter looks like we're going to move forward.

Attached: t26.png (1114x1600, 124K)

Fin~

Attached: t27.jpg (757x785, 164K)

Thank you, I really appreciated it.
I think phos is going to die soon to try and make balance again.
There's no way humans can survive in the current world and climate, it's impossible for them to ever combine again so the only logical step forward that is positive is restoring balance.

Can we go back to Earth?

But we are in the next chapter.

Did the degenerates do anything to him while he slept?

I imagine Phos makes this face when the Lapis inclusions are telling his retarded ass to get his shit together.

Attached: 1551429188708.png (169x302, 31K)

Why is Phos so nervous?

>for real? My motherfucking lab?

Attached: 1537058535582.png (350x635, 109K)

>barbata is not into lolis

>likes Phos
>doesn't like Craig
best moonie
Also rabbit ears are visible when he's suprised.

Attached: 1521528205114.png (338x418, 81K)

>those guards

Attached: 1527486483864.png (1085x1493, 379K)

His hand on the previous page looks like he might have. That also means that he was prepared for Phos asking this, since he made this movie thing to show him.
I think the movie is heavily edited to make Phos less suspcious.

>that back arch

Attached: 1535651055655.png (984x1162, 635K)

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHH
I LOVE PHOS!!!

Attached: 1543033988005.jpg (900x966, 58K)

hm

Attached: 1542043019095.png (1000x1436, 1016K)

The Earth gems are gonna bit the shit out of Phos.

Maybe he's referring to the system controls he mentioned earlier and giving instruction to someone else to do the switching so Phos can use them

The way they look so happy after giving up one of their own is pretty fucking eerie.

>implying it wont be another Cairngorm chapter while Phos spends the whole time traveling

Attached: dongmea.gif (268x352, 1.37M)

[pours poison in your ocean]

Attached: 1538781870936.png (392x459, 154K)

I think those are the ones who got sent to the moon. They're happy for the food

Striborg's translation was more like "after you've collected the ship, leave me behind on earth". I think that makes more sense.

he probably means the human experiment which will be completed from Sensei's prayers.

Attached: 1530441361794.png (77x106, 11K)

well, this confirms theory that the "professor" was a synthetic human being tested on Sensei, to see if he could attack it.
If only Phos would realise that there's human in his eye too. He hasn't lost any memories since the Professor incident, so he has all the pieces of the puzzle.

Cute!

Attached: 1526185164030.png (290x416, 57K)

>when he sees the AAAAAHH posting

Attached: 1530432928154.png (619x573, 145K)

>thingsthathappened.jpg

>Phos, who has a photographic memory, infallible information processing and extremely high thinking speed still considers himself a baka
Compared to how clever he thought he was while trying to lure gems to the moon, his opinion of himself has plummeted. I guess realising that he literally has zero control or influence over the situation really fucked him up.

Attached: 1531664342722.png (817x564, 174K)

the moon shit melts and reforms on its own, no clean-up required.

drawanon is Ichikawa confirmed

I have a feeling that, not the next chapter, but in future ones, Karen is going to crash (not in the literal sense) into Phos earth party to ask sensei herself how to become nothingness.

fuck Ichikawa, this hurts.

Attached: 1520607190487.png (1085x503, 435K)

Well, finally read the chapter (waited to the typeset to be less confusing) and I'm really rather happy with it. The suffering continues, but it feels like we've got more progress again and that the Cumguzzle/Achemeass plot is pretty much done.
I also liked seeing the light-hearted stuff again, like the >Benito comment, felt like a brief return to the old levels of comf

No, you dummy. It confirms that Ichikawa is between us in /hnk/. Silently, but she's here. it's not Rohiniposter either, so it must be that other person who likes Craigmea

>that other person who likes Craigmea
>that other SLUT
Compilanon?!

Attached: 1540222314846.jpg (651x612, 73K)

Also no, you dummy. Compilanon respects and knowledges the existence of cairnmea but it's not his cup of tea

Do you know what 'theory' means? It was outright stated that it was a defective synthetic human, the real question is if it hosted a human particle in its tree rings-like structure. Also if the ship that dropped the professor (or one of the three) had Lunarians hidden in it since it's not clear whether it properly dissolved or not.

PAS should've gone with
>Activate it.
for extra memery

Attached: Land of the Lustrous - c049 (v07) - p119 [Digital-HD] [danke-Empire].jpg (2587x3684, 3.29M)

Neato. I can't really associate /an/ with anything but pets because nature-related stuff usually pops out on /out/ or /sci/ but that's a really good thread.
Let me add
and

Attached: anime 2D gems.jpg (1920x2160, 596K)

I’m incredibly tempted to Phospost, but I shall restrain myself.

If you tilt your head a bit, it looks like a 3/4ths view of a vaguely-cartoonish head.

Attached: 20190301_071739.png (95x97, 8K)

do it fagget

I see it, a grandpa/grandma

youtu.be/MRxSjfkr6nc

youtube.com/watch?v=NSmukdqyvjU

It's interesting that Cairngorm is being protected the way he is if his accepted goal really is to "return to nothing", but I guess it's not surprising that Aechmea really has other plans for him. Plus, whatever "switch it" means.

Actually, what if that platform turns into something else rather than dissolving when it reaches Earth?

Moonies don't want to be prayed away at all, they like what's going on and they see Sensei as a killjoy. In the past they damaged him so he no longer can pray for them, he can try (shaking hands) but it won't work. Now they wait for him to raise gems so they can steal them and cover their moons in them.

Fucking Euclase

>making theories that are out there for the sake of being out there
Except multiple moonies said they in fact want to disappear, we've seen Sensei say 'nothing you try will work on me' and if their point was just stealing gems they could've taken them all much earlier
I'll give you one better, what if Phos has fallen asleep after chapter 1 and everything we've seen is a nightmare or they're in Purgatory wouldn't that be ebin :DD

Attached: Aleki turning red.jpg (1280x720, 145K)

To be fair death is the best ending for Phos

Attached: 1544881442871.png (540x540, 404K)

I anything she only lurks. Still a stretch though.

Only if she dies as a human and makes sensei finally pray for the last time before he breaks completely

Are we finally finished this this awful fucking arc?

>after 15 or so chapters of absolute trash we're finally getting somewhere

Feels like the manga is going to end in about 5 or so chapters. Ichikawa has been tying up loose ends and preparing to end it fully.
Which would honestly be a fucking mess considering she's spent the last year and a bit pussyfooting around making progress and wasting chapters on aechxcairn

>5 chapters
haha no. That's the end of the moon arc. We're still getting the sea arc afterwards, Phos still needs to get one or two or three more treasures depending on which version we're going by, and a whole load of other plot elements that need to be taken care of. Think more like thirty chapters before the end.

Phos doesn't seem anywhere close to endgame as far as her progression goes, there's too much setup for other characters to get some progression as well

Just want to be finished with the moon, god it's been terrible.

This doesn't sound too unlikely, actually. After all both Ame and Phos have been shown only starting to get an understanding of the most basic controls.
Something like the ship having a delay on self-destruction or some similar act of 'terrorism' would leave Phos safe but would definitely undermine any goodwill that might be accorded to him

We're not ending until we hit 108

This is getting kinda out there, but what if instead of undermining Phos' goodwill and making the gems distrust him even less, Phos manages to protect them from the vessel exploding or whatever and that's the reason why the earth gems will actually bother to give him a chance and listen to him.

nice

Buddhanon mentioned that "132" also has a lot of relevance in Buddhism, so we might end there as well, if we get a surprise final arc.

>Cairn exploding things in the lab in this chapter
Oh boy
Phos going to jump on the grenade to save Cinnabar, or something?

Is that the reason why this arc has been 80% filler? Is she just padding the chapter numbers so she can finish on 108.

>filler
This Craig shit is definitely leading to something important, considering just how much buddhist symbolism it has.

Is this story nearing it's end? I've read the every chapter and I still don't know what the fuck is going on.

Attached: 1547991624598.png (428x386, 118K)

There were multiple chapters that could have just been done in 1 or 2. Instead we get 7~8 of them playing house.

you're not the only one

I though he also said that 108 was also super important in buddihism.

Attached: 1542833029342.gif (1062x461, 2.49M)

thread feels super dead compared to last year, did the moon arc really kill the interest of that many people?

no, first we'll get the SEA ARC SEA ARC SEA ARC SEA ARC.
>Phos steps down on earth
>everyone ready to attack him
>Bortz just about to swing his sword into Phos' face
>beep beep beep beep
>Phos realises that this is means "explosion soon" because of all the explosions he has heard on the moon
>Uses gold to shield Bortz and company and catches the brunt of the explosion, getting shattered
>the earth gems: "hm maybe Phos doesn't actually want to kill us, and we should have listened to him last time, who'd have thunk it, huh, amiright??!?"
>puts Phos together and they have a civil conversation
>Phos gets to see Sensei
>seeyounexttime.jpg
>Next chapter Shinsha cums on Phos anyway
>platinum arms time
>sea arc

To be honest the number of chapters isn't really a thing in-universe and more than anything it's not something that the mangaka might always have full control of
I think the idea that the full story is going to span 108 years makes much more sense because it allows for a lot of stuff yet to come and makes sense nicely of the 102 years timeskip (odd number that could really have been shorter or longer with no plot-relevant change, just move Goshe and Morga's demise around)

Attached: Goshe&Morga broken.png (1147x1730, 1.34M)

That's always going to happen with a series that gets an anime adaptation

It's more that we got good translations a couple of days ago already, and have discussed most of the chapter already, and the chapter is more of a lead up chapter for next chapter, so the regular posters don't have much to say.
The slug stuff is completely ambiguous, so until we meet with Variegatus again we won't be able to know if it's true or not.

manga peaked at shiro

You know, I'm surprisingly irritated that Shitmea is offering to teach Craig, who is a unteachable literary idiot, chemistry, and Phos doesn't get anything.
If Phos knew more about technology/science he might be able to call the moonies out on their bullshit.

What has killed the threads is that we usually get leaks, and then the raws multiple days in advance of the drop by PAS. And the raws are also translated way before PAS can release the chapter, so most of the discussion doesn't even happen when PAS releases a chapter now.

If you want the not-dead threads, you have to be in the threads with Striborg's translations.

Even back almost a year ago when that happened anyway both threads quickly hit bump limits. I think people have just gotten bored.

>filler means decompressed
Stop with this shit, filler means nonplot-relevant adaptation-original material.
That said, the increased padding seemingly killed the momentum built with the trip to the moon, but it looks worse than it really is because of the monthly waits (+ one month with no chapter). The moon arc was Karen's time to shine and that had to be done mostly in the background, while Phos' arc had to consist in the destruction of his false security he had when he came back to Earth, which was done mostly with the night raid, his partner becoming a moonslut and the moral quandry about the admirabilis. All of this plus some spotlight for the other gems plus the appropriate importance for the wedding plus the monthly shit where a long dialogue interaction involving a choice gets split between two chapters.
Sure it got unbearable as a couple of months ago but it's less bad than it seems.

Attached: 1513454452048.jpg (1920x1080, 231K)

Keeping up with leaks as opposed to just chapter releases for months on end is pretty tiring

cringe

The chapter release threads are usually filled with speed readers, as the people who pretty much have the manga memorised usually keep up with the leaks threads and puke out all their autistic analysis in those threads. The speed readers in the release threads don't have much to say about the chapter because they're speedreading. I'm not saying that all the posters in the release thread are speed readers, but there certainly are a lot of them. Just take a look at this thread, full of questions and speculations that you would know the answer to if you followed the plot closely.

someone please hug Phos

I agree but that doesn't change the original point that a random gem thread would hit bump limit in less than a day a year ago
The answer is just one half of the anime hype mellowing out and another half of people disliking moon stuff

Along the reasons you cited - we discussed everything to death already and new chapters provide nothing concrete for us to discuss as they're but buildup for things we are yet to see.

The threads are nothing but shitposting lately. We need to stop and let them die naturally. Discussion shouldn't be forced.

I'm excited about next month.

I will marry Phos

Are you sure you want the SEA ARC now that it's confirmed it'll be more moral conundrums about how to behave in Malthusian systems?

Attached: Variegatus nuMorga nuGoshe.jpg (1200x700, 170K)

And it's better for us to not have threads until then. They're already shit as is. I don't want them to hit a new bottom this month while we're waiting.

>green Variegatus
Disgusting.

agreed

Attached: d8c9f8e0478dc103521cf0f2c7def141ccdea4a5v2_00.jpg (507x512, 41K)

There's not enough art of the swimsuits. Other gems wearing swimsuits when?

Attached: DzsAWq1VYAEM3Ex.jpg orig.jpg (1500x937, 161K)

I agree that his/her very name implies she's multi-colored, but unless Ichikawa gives us some official art people are going to come up with fanart. Also I guess that the lack of Variegatus on volume 7's cover definitely tells us she's going to be on the cover of the volume where she's an important character-
I for one am eager to see what the cover to vol 10 will be, someone said all the gems have appeared once already so it's possible it will be a huge visual break with Cicada, Alberto Barbosa and other moonies

It's going to have Red Dia, and possibly Chrysoberyl, Bluezo, Topaz etc.

hi /hnk/

Red Diamond maybe because she's at least been mentioned and sort of appeared, the others I don't see so much. Still, we're only 6 chapters in with the volumes going up to 8-9 since Ichikawa started making most of the chapters consistently 20 pages. With the next chapter being about Earth I'd say it's more likely than not that there won't be much talk to come about the dead gems, but vol 9's cover thematically fit with the night raid that only was the last chapter and a half so who knows
I'm merely a humble master scholar

man I wish

Attached: Phos Magic the gathering card.png (375x523, 253K)

youtu.be/1mfFZqdpxFA
this thread in a nutshell

don't believe me?

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
I LOVE PHOS

>believing sinful moon ghosts
You must begin with the assumption that they're lying or you're going to get burned, like Phos.

Give us unrelated art. Preferably a extremely rare Phos or Cringe and Aech fucking cuz we know Ichikawa drew it

>a final check of your battle plan
>I've been told the basics
What were the 'preparations' they had to make then? In this page it seems like it has to do with this specific plan only rather than including the repurposing of moon structures (especially as 84 didn't bring up that subject up yet to that point). Did he have the self-dissolving ship in mind? That alone shouldn't include too much work. I'm starting to believe that the ship might be rigged or the pearl eye can be remote controlled

Attached: N15.png (1426x2048, 1.61M)

*Unreleased
Forgive me Yea Forums for phoneposting...

Ah yes this sure looks like a prosperous land filled to the brim with delicious algae who could very much sustain a large population
Of course Aechmea is lying through his teeth but I'm more inclined toward the moonies causing the famine or causing disorders

Attached: Land of the Lustrous - c009 (v02) - p072 [Digital-HD] [danke-Empire].jpg (2146x3056, 2.81M)

Could you point me to where I implied the Admirabilis didn't starve?

nu goshe will fuck eveything up

I was about to readdress this upon rereading, sorry but I thought you were quoting Anyway two out of those three still stand, and honestly it would make little sense for Quieta to be lying here because she had no reason to talk with Phos in the first place -and if she was lying the whole eerie feeling of the wedding would be negated.
Note that I never said that Aechmea's keikaku might in fact be different from what anyone else among his people has envisioned, involving becoming human rather than disappearing, but if the average moonie were involved in this and were always to have lied every time they've said anything about the matter a lot of the symbolism and themes of the manga would go up in the air

Attached: H7.png (1426x2048, 292K)

Maybe being prayed away would put them back on the cycle of karma and they'd rather go directly to nirvana.

I'm also putting a bet on moonies for the cover since Moon arc is pretty much over and it might be their last chance. There's also Kongo(don't remember him on a single cover) but he might be on the 11th before eventual sea arc.

Thanks for the suffering

That's not how it works.
As far as we know, Lunarians are the souls of those last humans who perished in the 6th impact (and slightly prior to that) and split in the sea. Having no lifeform to reincarnate into (because dead Earth) and no alive human being to pray for their peace, which would have them reach the serene afterlife, they remained stuck in their forms and eventually ended up on the Moon in their mutated, liquid form.
It's assumed that Sensei has the power to 'pray the souls away' exactly as the prayers of human beings would've done -that power would make a sentient being escape the wheel of transmigration and therefore reach nirvana, not re-entering it.
Note that the moonies seem to be operating with the teachings of some particular Buddhistic schools in mind: brutally simplifying, the idea that you have at least some sort of provisionary 'slef' and that enlightenment is reached exclusively through the help of a master and the performing of particular rituals (note that the school that teaches that is called Vajrayana/Kongo go and Sensei's name is indeed Kongo/Vajra), rather than leaving your attachments, meditating on the vacuity of everything and being compassionate in this life (Shiro, a fucking dog, more or less did this and passed away all on its own).
Also, the afterlife of nothingness is said to be filled with lotus flowers and precious jewels: Lunarians filled with moon exactly with those. So we really have real no reason to speculate that they don't want to reach afterlife/nothingness/nirvana, just that their idea of it isn't right and their idea of how to get there is ESPECIALLY wrong. The mysteries, the problems and probably Aechmea's lies seem to be amassing around Sensei instead.
>why were souls stuck on the moon before the 6th impact
>why was Sensei given the power of praying if his original intent was supposed to be keeping the last human company
>can he even pray or -assuming he can- would his prayers really be effective
etc

Attached: x16[1].jpg (1000x1436, 321K)

dont use these shitty google translate scans btw

So, what is this?

Attached: 1551277911568.png (1280x1838, 3.01M)

fan made

It's either this, the original moon runes or Russian runes.

Lunarians are canonically white-ish/light pink at best
This is cultural appropriation

Who is your favorite moonie, anons?

Attached: 1512619318785.png (507x576, 272K)

It's a tie between Rhonda and Kayleigh

Did people legitimately forget what a non-dead thread looks like? Tons of dumb OC getting thrown around, multiple drawfags, content circulating instead of getting stagnant.
I can't believe you're making me miss Chinkabar

Attached: Chinkabar.png (750x750, 151K)

Fucking chinks I swear

The threads I remeber is one guy talking about buddhist shenanigans and many males bloging about their penises.

AAAAAAAAAA I LOVE monthly release schedules

Attached: 1458624064220.png (364x294, 60K)

>ohhhhh hey what's this button do?
>accidentally launches nukes at earth

Attached: 69103063_p5.jpg (501x475, 125K)

Then you have the second half of last year in mind when I mostly had the one closer to the anime airing

but seriously I am a little worried about his absence -is he just too busy with theme parks and having fun?

are you only beginning to notice how literally everything Aechmea says reeks of bullshit now?

Attached: 1535950574436.png (536x789, 294K)

it looks alright. Where did you find it?

the light macaron looks wrong without rainbows.

>but seriously I am a little worried about his absence -is he just too busy with theme parks and having fun?

He is having an affair with Quieta.

The hotel attendants. Cicada is too goody, Barbata is pretty great, but those two have been delivering constantly.

Attached: 1551234339889.jpg (2048x2048, 614K)

No, what I'm trying to do is understanding where the lies are in order to understand his plan.
It sounds more productive than just staying aware that he's lying about something so we're unsurprised when we get a reveal. Some people are in the 'check chapter release once a month and think little of it' field, which is fine, some other people like to dig deeper and speculate. Just going "hurr prince be lyin so why investigate" isn't contributing to the discussion much.

Not that user but reverse image search brings that up as a result

so far he was honest

what's the significance of this panel? does phos suspect him of lying?

Attached: um.png (1029x213, 224K)

He's always known that the prince is shady, is hiding something and might have told a different version of the story here and there
This is the first time that Phos has a direct comparison to hold Aechmea's words up against, and it's not something that will just clash against the power imbalance between them so he confronted Aechmea with another spin of slug history, not that he has any decisive proof yet.
Also this

Phos has suspected this from the beginning but he was scared that if he asked too many questions Aechmea would shoot him in the head with a bazooka and move on to the next gem to use for his plan.
Now there's very little to lose, so Phos asked anyway.
You can also see here that he still wants more info, but chooses not to press it further, because as far as he knows Aechmea needs a gem, not Phos.

Why does Ichikawa bully us like this Yea Forums?

Attached: t26.jpg (698x792, 187K)

Attached: [Erai-raws] Houseki no Kuni (TV) - 01 [720p]_HD.mp4_snapshot_06.16.png (1280x720, 1.02M)

This. Many people don't seem to notice this for some reason, but just because Phos doesn't outright tell Aechmea "that smells like fucking bullshit you evil manipulative hateful fuck", it doesn't mean that he isn't thinking it.
A lot of what Phos is thinking is shown through his body language and facial expressions.

Phos 100% doesn't trust Aechmea, but also Phos has absolutely no power over Aechmea, which was made clear to Phos during their first meeting when Aechmea teleported behind him and cut off all his limbs within half a second.
Not to mention that the moonies can at any time destroy the entire gem society and kill all the gems. They only choose not to because they're trying to mentally torture Sensei by letting him bond with each of the gems before stealing them away.
So actually it doesn't even matter if there are gem-hostages on the moon or not; Phos' entire world and family is a hostage at all times if Phos doesn't do what they want.

And of course Phos doesn't care about his own safety, but Phos also knows that if he dies nobody will pick up the mantle for what he's doing, so he has to try his best to sort out the situation himself for the sake of the ones he loves.

To make a long story short, Phos has to be super fucking catious of what he says with Aechmea because Archmea can easily nuke Phos if Phos proves to be inconvenient.
Of course, Aechmea needs Phos because of the pearl eye but Phos doesn't know that.

I hope Euclase listens to Phos and plan something together because I don't see how Phos could stand against the lunarians on her own.

Attached: 1548438693810.jpg (633x680, 49K)

>many people
Speedreaders aren't people.

This was a good chapter, the suffering is comming AAAAAAAAAAa sad that evertything at face value was disussed already in the first thread, but the second round will come and we will get more info.
Buddhanon will come back in maybe 8 o 20 months, woah, time pass fast

Attached: see you space slugboys.png (500x430, 95K)

Huh, would you look at this post

Attached: Lapis profile with phosphophyllite on his lips.jpg (480x480, 38K)

I can't wait for Buddhanon to reincarnate

you did understand who you're replying to right

Master scholar here, I have no idea

Attached: 1548426476486.png (355x347, 134K)

Attached: nopicguy.png (400x204, 134K)

Not so sure about entire society, but you right, people dont seem to understand if Phos starts pushing Achmea he can just crash her and all hostages.
Still bring them to the moon was a bad idea.
If only Phos could remember Ventricosus and her treatment, she wouldn't have a doubt Achmea is bullshiting.

What body parts would Phos need to remember? Her legs or her head?

She remembered after she lost her legs, right? So those memories are gone with her head. Unless Echhimayor kept it, which wouldn't surprise me.

Legs, she couldn't remember it right after it happened. Which is weird, since she already lost them at this point, but maybe it`s just how inclusions work.

I don't know if Aechmea really cares that much about Phos specifically anymore after seeing what happened with the night raid, and how Phos was only moments away from getting mercuried by Cinnabar. Aechmea was way more upset about Cairngorn going down there whilst not seeming to give a fuck about Phos' condition, which is also probably why Aechmea lets Phos go down that time and now this time without seeming to take any special precautions.

Again: the point is not that he's bullshitting, the point is whether Aechmea's main goal and recounting can align with the gems' own good.
As far as Phos knows, Sensei in fact is a machine made by humans and he won't pray for Lunarians: that seems to confirm enough of Aechmea's story, and it's only logical that the moonies never really tried to capture the gems as an end in itself. If Sensei prayed and the moonies disappeared, there would be no conflict anymore, with the possible bonus of restoring the dead gems.

During his trip back to Earth he thinks to himself that he cannot trust Aechmea, then repeats the concept when he's alone on the roof, says so out loud when confronted by Cairo when they all see the dusted gems and immediately after as he thinks it's too early to go the Aechmea with a request. He makes clear that he doesn't like to talk with him ("his intimidation thing") and says to Karen's face that he finds nothing good in his husband.
It's repeated multiple times on the fucking pages that Phos actively dislikes Aechmea and KNOWS he's hiding something, but is so cornered that he can't help to roll with it in hope that Sensei somehow prays and all of this nightmare is over because that's what would make everything worth it.
Tumblr speedreaders just look at Aechmea, say 'UGH so problematic YIKES why are they even TALKING to him OOF' and that should be it for them because they can't understand how a story works

Attached: tfw lunarian.gif (665x702, 103K)

Lots of women in the fanbase = shit threads
Women can't joke, they talk about "suffering" as if its quirky, feelings, "AAAH", cancer etc.

Eh? I'm the user and I'm no one special, I'm just an ocassional Rutile poster and the public policy user in the last compilation, thanks for assuming I'm remotely important, but I'm not. It's just that this chapter reminded me of him with a little of nostalgia, I wasn't in the threads before so... Who do you belived I were?

Attached: 1515397208571.jpg (800x1130, 71K)

I hope the final cover characters are GenkiPhos, AlloyPhos, LaPhos and Next Phos

>Next Phos
I want to see it so bad.

Attached: 1516480171394.jpg (500x503, 93K)

How will Phos react when Sensei turns his back on him? One big rejection! The drama and shock will be enough to crack him apart.

Attached: Phos and head.jpg (1722x1750, 477K)

What's the full cover of vol 9, I havent seen it.

Phostreiya

Attached: 1549564143716.jpg (1728x1080, 273K)

Shinsha? Pad? Red Alex? Red Dia? 28th gem? Place your bets.

All at once

THE PURE LAND AIN'T FREE
THE ROAD TO ENLIGHTENMENT GOTTA BE LITTERD WITH THE CORPSES OF LUNARIANS
PRINCE "BUNNYBOY" AECHMA IS NOT MY BODHISATTVA
HE IS ANDROGYNOUS AND PROBABLY MARA AS WELL :DD
KSITIGARBHA AND SNAILS NOT HEDONISM OK
PRAISE SENSEI

LUNARIAN DEGENERATES AND MOON GEMS WON'T BE FORGIVEN. ALL TRAITORS MUST BE EXECUTED. LONG LIVE THE HOUSEKI NO KUNI

Attached: Euc.jpg (225x350, 11K)

Okay, speculation time.
I've quickly put together a timeline of Aechmea's interactions with Phos and Karen about the trips to Earth to carry on his plan.
First, a reread makes more clear that Aechmea pushed Phos into acting soon and to go *directly* against Sensei: this is what the 'I have high hopes' and the whole speech about the armor of love meant to attain. So he *expected* some kind of failure seeing as he already sent the ships at dawn. Why would he need to send for those? Phos didn't ask for them and they knew nothing about the raid's outcome at that point.
Note that it's Karen who directs the moonies' efforts so Aechmea's outburst might entail that Karen fucked up his plan. Still, there's still the mysterious 'new technology' that couldn't have been developed without the moon gems, and the fact that the prince not only seems unfazed by Phos' new plan, like he anticipated it from the night raid's outcome, but says that it's thanks to Karen.
What does it all mean? It seems likely that Aechmea's desired outcome was for the night raid to fail in order for Phos to either get captured or to go down a second time, this time unarmed, to cause a specific situation. Whatever that might be, this could cause the new technology to activate, and Karen probably factored in when she ensured that Phos wouldn't betray the moonies.

Thoughts? I might be wrong about the interpretations, but I feel like there are correlations to be made that we haven't established yet. Plus Parappa's role.

Attached: keikaku.png (864x6403, 3.8M)

Imagine if sea arc is also a part of Aech's grand keikaku. Just what exactly is his endgame.

What a great chapter, after the short one last time i didn't expect so much information.
Finally more Admirabilis lore, even including that part about creating humans goign over smoothly into where the tension between Aechmea and Phos really reached peak.
That endig fucked me up pretty bad and now stuff gets real.

I do think that he's been playing Phos like a damn fiddleâ„¢ but I cannot guess what he would gain from that which he doesn't already have.
He already created human particles and has all the slugs he wants in his backyard, plus nothing Aechmea did points in that direction -maaaybe aside from Barbata's research and his random comment that Phos was digested by Ventricosus because he shouldn't be supposed to know that.

I think it's true that Aechmea expected Phos to fail, but it's hard to say what he's looking for without knowing everything the pearl eye is meant to do, aside from just being a vessel for a human particle. Maybe he wanted it to be smashed, which Cairn almost did, but since Sensei wasn't there it would have been a waste.

Wait, i just realised the oen thing i never questioned about Aechmea was his goal.
What if he never intended to just die without leavign anything behind, but rather to become human, so he can die, probably wasting the entirety of all 3 Races?
I mean that would be a pretty good reason for Sensei to not do it, even when he was made for it since he would loose all his gems but he couldn't tell them about it since he can't talk about humans.
If we see that he doesn't care about Camelgroin being able to die since all gems will die anyways i'm sure.

Well, it was one of the main speculations from the beginning actually.

I think what we're meant to take is that
>Aechmea had a goal in mind (he pushed Phos to it, sent ships in advance)
>Crabcorn changed Aechmea's desired outcome
>the new situation is possibly even better than the one he expected and/or Candycane prevented a risky outcome he didn't account for
Maybe the night raid moonies were meant to make scorched earth and exacerbate the war? Maybe they were to abduct Sensei after Phos commanded him with his eye, which did not happen but possibily will now?

4 MORE YEARS OF EUCLASE

Attached: okotta.jpg (458x984, 83K)

Yeah, I'm a bit slow i admit

I guess it's something along the lines of Phos being plan A at first, but whatever's up with Cairngorn has now superseded Phos as Plan A and Aechmea is willing to let Phos act on his own when the situation has become much riskier for Phos.

>sweet and kind
>loyal
>dumb but in a cute way
>really just wants to be friends with everyone and eat
>loves Phos

definitely best moonie

Attached: munch.jpg (238x366, 32K)

I have been saying this for ages. Ichikawa please.

I think Phos is still plan A though, sure now there are gems on the moon who are taking a liking to living there but Phos is still unique as in having a composite body and powerful inclusions so I don't think anyone could host a huamn particle in their body assuming that's an organic part of the plan.
What would Plan Karen even be? Aechmea planned to send her away to the farthest moon just hours before this chapter. Sure there's the 'he said that precisely to cause her to refuse' theory but at this point the manga is just an endless deconstruction if you believe that each and every single word Aechmea says is part of an elaborate keikaku

Attached: Phos Benito cute.jpg (1080x1394, 145K)

Ichikawa's true endgame

Attached: dongmea.png (1426x2048, 1.18M)

Is compilanon ded?

Dude i would crack apart.

Yes. That traitor slutwhore ditched us.

Attached: 1551075886120.png (500x662, 333K)

But Shinsha and Antarc are abnormal and he thinks they're cuter...
Karen is the cutest, though

Attached: 1548153104453.jpg (500x709, 72K)

*gasp*

I don't think Phos' unique composition and inclusions are that important to Aechmea, since they haven't been brought up at all since the first time they met, and it only really mattered that Phos was able to get onto the moon and was willing to follow along with what Aech said.
What sets Cairn apart is that he's now completely loyal to Aechmea rather than to Sensei, his previous partners, or to his personal desires, unlike the other gems.
Aechmea misjudged Cairn's willingness to take action, but being sent to a remote moon will prevent any unexpected actions and will also remove Cairn from other potential influences like the other gems on the moon. I think Cairn's going to be the subject of some grand experiment on Aechmea's part, but what exactly that is can't really be seen at the moment.

docs.google.com/document/d/1hl1mMKiTFEblqjDLjAM_FrQJP0CB5CdXIUeVNopfkak/edit
Inspired by this chapter, I have added MoonBuffoon to the list.

I think Phos only called moeblob Aculeatus and tiny Shiros 'kawaii' in the story
He, as all gems, has a sweet spot for neotenic stuff but he's been absolutely the densest gem about anything even vaguely related to romance and attraction

Everything will be daijoubu.

Ain't no way Karen, the Moonshoe-sproingy shiro-chihuahua-owning Thot-in-Chief, is cuter than Shinsha or Antarc.
Shinsha acts like she never outgrew Avenged Sevenfold, is some autistic genius compared to Karen, and is the only gem to self-lubricate.
Antarc acts like she acts like she wants to be all macho but actually just wants to be told she's pretty, has a haircut that so on-point that it's surgical, and has major daddy issues. She also melts under enough warmth/cuddles, literally.

Both of these are far more patrician taste than the commoner Karen. Karen would blow up your lab, while Shinsha and Antarc just blow up my heart

>I don't think Phos' unique composition and inclusions are that important to Aechmea
My point was that Phos' uniqueness was the thing that helped him keep it together, which no gem before him could do (and that's not unique to him anymore). Secondly, assuming the pearl eye does contain the human particle, it's likely that his particular body could sustain the intense physical strain caused by it better than anybody, I can't see just any gem being given that. That also means that Phos is still the best candidate to shake Sensei.
>Aechmea misjudged Cairn's willingness to take action, but being sent to a remote moon will prevent any unexpected actions and will also remove Cairn from other potential influences like the other gems on the moon. I think Cairn's going to be the subject of some grand experiment on Aechmea's part, but what exactly that is can't really be seen at the moment.
Wouldn't that imply that Aechmea is now going to revisit his entire plan for his wife, seeing as Cromagnon said 'fuck you' to the isolated mansion? Also literally no other gem had seen her in the entire month from his operation to the night raid so I don't really see the risk of external influences

Attached: Is Phos alright.png (500x539, 225K)

>Legs, she couldn't remember it right after it happened. Which is weird, since she already lost them at this point, but maybe it`s just how inclusions work.
Phos at that point had already lost his legs (plus a chunk of his face) and at that point he was clearly partially lethargic because of that. As we've seen many other times, broken gems don't lose their faculties but they're unfocused. Phos is nonetheless shown to be able to remember stuff from the moon incident, if only when he can have a specific object to focus on that activates the memory of the memory, as shown by dream Lapis. That's more or less how gems' memory works, the older recollections stay in store but they need to be "activated" by connecting them to an external object (Rutile and Phos' legs reactivated by the notebook, Peridot and Bluzo reactivated by the name, Phos' own memories of Ventricosus 'reactivated' by the talk with Variegatus)

Attached: memory.png (1179x2904, 3.43M)

I'm not sure the pearl eye has really been incoporated into Phos' body to the extent that the other new parts have given that Phos can't close that eye, plus the shock when he first gets it seems to have a big psychological component to it as well. Having a convenient carrier for it is useful, but Phos isn't so stable or trusting that Aechmea can rely on Phos to do exactly what he wants. Aechmea needs something more or other than what Phos alone was able to give him.

Cairngorm grinding up his old arm would probably be enough of a signal that Cairngorm's loyalty is absolute. As far as external influences go, Phos is the main one and seems to still have some pull over Cairn, but is now getting removed from the picture anyway. Pads probably has a working bullshit-o-meter, but also seems to be out of action for now, doesn't know Cairn specifically and the others aren't even thinking in that way at the moment.

>I'm not sure the pearl eye has really been incoporated into Phos' body to the extent that the other new parts have given that Phos can't close that eye
It's not like there's much to incorporate, an eyeball is just a full sphere with some inclusioned gem material on the iris. The reason why it can't close seems to be found in either the weird light it emits or the 'surveillance' function assuming it has one
>plus the shock when he first gets it seems to have a big psychological component to it as well.
I really don't see it, the unease only settles in after we get a panel with the human particle
>Having a convenient carrier for it is useful, but Phos isn't so stable or trusting that Aechmea can rely on Phos to do exactly what he wants. Aechmea needs something more or other than what Phos alone was able to give him.
See the long speculation I started from. Aechmea seems to be all about the keikaku he has for Phos, to the point that even Karen's doings are good because they facilitated that. The only real plan we've seen Aechmea concoct for Chaingun is the wedding (because he wanted Phos to go back to Earth *after* that), but that didn't change anything aside from the willingness to send her away on the 6th moon. That's why I cannot see why his Plan A would be about Karen, he did nothing so far.