2000s anime

Not old enough to be considered classics or new enough to be relevant. Let's talk about all the forgotten shit from 00-09

Attached: milk chan!.gif (255x239, 80K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=fF3-ldkf0MQ
youtube.com/watch?v=Zd9WhJPa2Ok
youtu.be/5PNBWWEn-lY
twitter.com/AnonBabble

I watched this.

Pretty funny anime from the creator of Lodoss War.

Attached: 9061l.jpg (500x391, 132K)

It's a shame that there were quite a few shows from that era that were very unique and creative but have been almost entirely forgotten. Two of my favorites are Red Garden and Le Chevalier D'Eon. Both are excellent shows, not flawless by any means, but I highly suggest them.

Attached: Sweet Blue Flowers.jpg (640x960, 117K)

I'm pretty sure The Story of Dirty Edmond is the last notable one I watched. I loved it, though kinda wish they didn't try to take the usual anime stance of "revenge is bad." The novel certainly didn't comparatively. And the mech fight scene, I drink to forget that.

Attached: 2235.jpg (225x320, 51K)

It is new enough to be relevant
YOU DUMBASS

i watched Kaiba a few days ago for like the 9th time, the feeling still get me.

Attached: 212381987657.jpg (480x360, 11K)

If they're not relevant then how come nobody talks about them anymore? The anime community has become overrun with teenagers who only care about seasonal shit.

Does anybody else remember Blue Drop? It seemed to just fade away into obscurity. Had a really atmospheric sci-fi vibe and tragic yuri
youtube.com/watch?v=fF3-ldkf0MQ

Attached: 1a0c89411468ada50659410666f056e3.png (408x534, 329K)

I didn't watch much anime in the 00's, last thing was Onegai Teacher, and then a long hiatus until Macross Frontier.

Best isekai of its time.

Attached: .hacksign.jpg (1200x800, 159K)

Is this yurishit? There's so few anime with a tall megane protagonist
ALWAYS BESIDE YOU IS ALL I WANTED
I had such a hard time getting into this, but around episode 6 it clicked and I really love it. You absolutely can't binge it though

>You absolutely can't binge it though
This is true as the pacing is very slow.

Just finished Teeny Witches the other day. I really enjoyed it but holy shit, you really gotta get into the right mind to follow whats going on. Every scene feels like you skipped several episodes, the pacing is that ridiculous. I also wanna blame the sub group for making it even harder to follow, subs really need fixing.

Attached: [DeadFish] Mahou Shoujo Tai Arusu - 11 - 12 [DVD][480p][AAC].webm (852x480, 1.94M)

Can't unsee

Attached: 1521016306013.jpg (415x600, 64K)

Never Forget

Attached: angelic-layer_portrait-key-art-clean-medium_47157.jpeg.jpg (400x600, 65K)

I know I watched it, but it is totally gone from my memory
I can't even tell you the character names

I bought a stack of Newtype USA magazines from someone and they're all from around 07-09, so there's a wealth of shows I have no idea about.
Stuff like The Blue, Brigadoon, Kaleido Star, Melody of Oblivion, Phantom Memory Kurau

Been working a little bit once in a while on many different shows from this time period. Yesterday I saw two episodes of Heartcatch Precure. 30 episodes in, it still doesn't feel like the masterpiece it's hyped up to.

I don't think it's an isekai, but it's really underrated and quite good.
You just need to adjust to the pacing.

Ah, Angelic Layer! I bought that thinking it would be different, but it was a pleasant surprise. Shounen anime with mostly female main characters [and dolls, and battles, and tech].

Based

Where are my neuro controlled battle dolls at?

>Melody of Oblivion
This was the Gainax show with not!Asuka riding a bike.

pic relevant

Attached: 81NKbzOlO8L._RI_.jpg (1200x900, 282K)

Vandread and GateKeepers

youtube.com/watch?v=Zd9WhJPa2Ok
We're slowly getting there

And the famous cow scene

God Milk was so cute. I wish her series was better.

what 2000s series aren't uploaded online or have dead downloads

best girl

Attached: 73207494_p3.png (382x400, 65K)

>Gatekeepers. That was pretty entertaining. Also loved the sequel Gatekeepers 21. Ayane is one of the coolest girl MC I've seen.

>I don't think it's an isekai, but it's really underrated and quite good.
>You just need to adjust to the pacing.
Its a slow burn, that is for sure.

So, did anyone else collect this or were you a Tokyo-Pop collector?

Attached: 712189.jpg (600x774, 124K)

I think it's good to watch many episodes in one sitting so you get time to adjust to the pacing. Also requires a very specific mood. Relaxed and comfy, but not at all sleepy so you can stay awake. If everything is in place, it can be really enjoyable.

Loved the first gatekeepers but hated the second.
It just felt soulless.

It was a daunting change of pace from the rest of the block where I've first watched it on TV 15years ago. I felt like the only one that enjoyed it at the time.

Brigadoon is such a wild ride and has some seldom seen aspects to it, like the collateral damage from giant robot fights actually being a big deal

youtu.be/5PNBWWEn-lY
Boku No Pico is such a classic.

That first OP is legit great

Get what you're saying but I don't know why I really enjoyed the expansion of the lore and the depressing atmosphere was quite fitting. Again, I just found Ayane pretty cool.

Maybe I just didn’t like the more depressing direction.
It had great effects though.
Also I just loved the original’s unique setting, the 60s.

I'm pretty sure people liked this when it came out, but time is harsh. Or moeshit is.

Attached: Noein_To_Your_Other_Self_poster.jpg (266x374, 29K)

I liked it when I saw it a few years ago.

The eyes of the main character are really cool looking and refreshing.

Imma finish this one day

>it still doesn't feel like the masterpiece it's hyped up to
It's literally peak victim of he week, plus it has Erika and Tsubomi. What more did you want?

It's not much more. The stories aren't that interesting, would have liked more continuity. It could have been better. And without being something completely different, not asking for grimdark edgy mahou shoujo. Just maybe a bit more dense? And covering more in each episode?

You know it's written for four year old girls right?

The people that recommend it ironically only don't know what their talking about

Both
>Tokyopop was better tho

BEST anime of the 2000s, I will stand by this opinion. It is also the most forgotten, unless you're french.

Attached: zipang.jpg (1280x720, 153K)

also season 2 never ;_;

Attached: Zipang_TV_12[00:06:33]001.png (853x480, 367K)

I just watched this last week. I'm still mad.

Didn't think I could like an anime about a board game with a stupid high-concept plot.

Attached: hikaru-no-go-249-1.jpg (600x450, 100K)

Hey guys, I'm at the soup store, do you want anything?

Attached: 1530112863696.jpg (1280x720, 140K)

Man the 00's were max comfy

Attached: 1540019019516.jpg (1920x1357, 1.4M)

Seriously: Lucky Star, Spice & Wolf, Code Geass, Haruhi, Baccano, Toradora!, Ouran High School, Mushishi, FMP, Detroit Metal City, TTGL, Baccano, Azumangah Daioh...

What a comfy ass time to be alive

Attached: 1531079437722.gif (640x480, 3.2M)

Sai was pretty hot

I saw the first three episodes of Texhnolyze. It may have been okay, but I need to watch more of it.

The 2000s gave us the greatest anime of all time so I can't complain.

Attached: Brigadoon 40.jpg (700x608, 286K)

The first few episodes are confusing as shit but afterward the plot kicks in right around where you stopped

I literally can't remember anything except that the ending made me cry

>All-star production team
>Only remembered for how poorly it turned out

What the hell went wrong? Did any horror stories about it's production surface?

Attached: 59403l.jpg (316x450, 71K)

I finished watching this the other day and damn, what a ride. Enjoyed it a lot more than I expected.

Wolf's Rain had a really strong beginning and finale (the OVAs were fantastic), but I literally can't tell you what happened during 80% of the show because it's so bland and forgettable.

Still one of the best

I love Kemonozume. Do you guys remember it? it's great

DOZO IN ALL FIELDS

Attached: DOZO.jpg (500x375, 34K)

watching Air Master. Fights are dope but fuck is it ugly.

Attached: 0003443547845.png (695x436, 321K)