Was he a good character? what even was his personality other than muh height and gotta save my bro?

Was he a good character? what even was his personality other than muh height and gotta save my bro?

Attached: Edward_Elric.jpg (640x480, 61K)

He's 95% forced edginess and 5% nagging. He's basically my aunt Daisy.

He was a good character. Not just some dummy that punches shit like other shounen MCs. His teenage edginess, sometimes played as a joke, contrasted well with his actual maturity that resulted from his early loss of his mother and the burden that comes from him toying with life and death. FMA has better characters, but he's better than most protagonists of his genre.

Attached: 141432954744.jpg (923x599, 513K)

Go back to your containment thread hunternigger. Also, Gon is shit.

He was a great character far more likeable they crybaby deku or raging spergs like Naruto

what was that? you'll have to speak up I can't hear what you were mumbling.

Almost every shounen mc has that though, what makes ed good.

At least he's not one dimensional like Ed

Attached: Duality of Gon Freecs.jpg (960x768, 217K)

>being a hypocritical selfish little prick
>same as being complex and interesting
Go fuck yourself, Gon is Deku tier bad.
Inb4 decuckstruction

Al was the better character because Ed had the burden of being the MC and as such had to have a personality designed to advance the plot, which in shounens always amounts to inexorable determination and bombastic, quick trigger reactions.

Good in fma 2003 and serviceable in brotherhood.

How many shounen MCs actually sit down and read books?

>Forced edginess

He's a teenager. He reminds me of my Tripp pants-wearing friends in high school who joined the army because they were otherwise unemployable, and then came back home to be slightly older and more traumatized edgelords

Gon's character is too complex for you, its not a surprise that you prefer simple and one dimensional characters like Ed. Brainlets like you just need a sad background story and a love interest to get impressed.

No, he was a Gary Stu.

He was pretentious and edgy

Gon is the worst character in HxH, ever wondered why Togashi basically killed him off and we haven't seen him in a long time? Kurapika is a lot more interesting, Gon belongs in the trash.

Attached: 021.jpg (920x1300, 431K)

Only when it came to him talking about how he hates God

I tell you once again, go back to your containment thread where you can circle jerk Gon's shitty nonexistent character traits with your fellow whisperchads.

Deku

"Edgy" isn't an insult you fucking morons. It's a fucking buzzword for degenerates.
Is Yea Forums literally filled with 15 year olds at this point?

Makes him pretty unlikable.

>t. Edgelord

>Angry edgy atheist character
>American English VA is a guy balls deep into Jesus

Really makes you think

Edgy is a shitty buzzwords you fling around

It's appropriate given the mature theme of the show one piece and HxH toddlers wouldent understand

Gon's character arc lasted longer than FMA's run. If you compare his growth to the generic and bland characterization of FMA MCs, you'll realize how entry level this garbage manga is.

There’s a clear difference between mature and edgy. Sometimes Ed was mature. Mostly, he was edgy.

How was he edgy

>replying to obvious bait

Ed was far more mature then your average shonen Goku clone like gon

Edward is a generic poorly characterized whelp who swallowed his series with his monotonous repetitive monologues. If you want a good, nuanced shounen protagonist, see Gon.

He was a Gary Sue who was always in the right and had no moral ambiguity

>fucked up his body
>practically killed his brother
>made his, now ghost, brother question if he's real or if Ed created his memories
>lost majority of his fights
>not even the strongest good guy
>didn't do anything crazy or asspully in the final arc, just stick to the plan

How the fuck is he a Gary Sue?

>>fucked up his body
>>practically killed his brother
token tragic backstory, every MC has this
>>made his, now ghost, brother question if he's real or if Ed created his memories
That only lasted for one episode and after a fight they were buddies like always and it was never expanded
>lost majority of his fights
>not even the strongest good guy
he always won with the help of his friends
>>didn't do anything crazy or asspully in the final arc, just stick to the plan
friendship punch is the strongest asspull in any series and he defeated the villain with friendship punch.

>That only lasted for one episode and after a fight they were buddies like always and it was never expanded
If I remember correctly they are constantly referring to how bad state their bodies are and the blood bond in Al's armor is shown quite few times.

Tragic backstory doesn't count for me, he was a kid and was able to do something only the best alchemist could do, plus he recived the ability to trasmutate things without a magic circle. He was also a master in hand to hand combat. A Gary Stu

faggot

I'm not saying that the author can't write good MC. She created hachiken yuugo, who I love

Attached: 221955.jpg (225x350, 32K)

>friendship punch is the strongest asspull in any series and he defeated the villain with friendship punch.
Speedreader please, they did the big ass transmutation to get rid of his powers.

What was edgy about him besides his distaste for religion that he eventually grows out of?

user his robotic arm literally breaks a few times every time getting a downgrade.

Nothing, it's HxH fags throwing around buzwords and hoping it sticks

>Friendship punch defeated the villain.
You mean the punch that he used after an entire army had steadily been wearing down all of the villains energy until he was in an extremely vulnerable state?

I mean the emotional side of the clash between the two brothers is never expanded. Al is just okay with it and always follows and does whatever Ed wants without questioning him. They are always so good and attached to each other, its fake and not realistic. Its something that only retarded kids would enjoy watching. A good writer would have explored the psychological issues between the brothers, but it never happened in this show, everything was superficial.

>Disabled Child Soldier: The Anime

They are rational enough to realize that in the world they only have each others who they can really trust?

Don't bother, that user is a speedreader/watcher

thats cringe as fuck. yikes!

Attached: 1550605585356.png (327x273, 23K)

This

Deku pretty much

Off the top of my head:
>believes all things can be expressed in terms of alchemy and fits concepts like love and loss into terms of Equivalent Exchange, grows out of this as the story progresses
>holds human life as incredibly valuable as a result of his failed transmutation; refuses to take human life for any reason
>incredibly stubborn (I believe fullmetal is a Japanese idiom similar to English “hardheaded”?)

Gon ain't even that complex. He's nuanced, but not complex.

I'm an HxH fan, but Gon's character arc lasting longer than FMA's run doesn't really count because of all the hiatuses. It's about the same length of time. If HxH never had any hiatuses, Gon's stuff would've only been about 6 or 7 years, not 15. FMA, conversely, lasted 8 years.

>Deku
>Sitting down
He doesn't sit down, he does the air squat during class to train his EVER GROWING MUSCLES.

>who is Kurapika and what is his origin story

Im not sure if you're baiting or not but his character arc was pretty well defined. He learned that the structure in his life and in society are loosely held up facades. He shifted his beliefs from relying on those and himself (isolation and trusting no one) and instead building relationships.

>i don't have any opinion, but i will post random picture or (You) to make people feel bad
Him probably