Today, minori, the eroge maker known for Ef etc. announed they're ceasing operation

Today, minori, the eroge maker known for Ef etc. announed they're ceasing operation.

Some of their games, including Ef and others, have anime adaptations, so I think it's fair to make a thread here.

youtube.com/watch?v=Egmf2bl6HoI

Ef and Eden are probably their releases best known to English-language players, I'd say. They're also notable for having Shinkai Makoto make OPs for several of their games.

Attached: y.jpg (3997x2781, 1.64M)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=-WVBHU9Tm8c
youtu.be/tPmDKb836eo
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Well, shit. That's sad.

Yeah, it's pretty surprising. They released their last game in January and it was listed as the best seller on the month's TG point list.

They were also organizing Denkigai Matsuri twice a year, an eroge convention generally taking place a day or two before Comiket. I fondly remember going to the winter 2015 one to buy some Sakura no Uta goods.

Attached: shinkai.png (609x397, 61K)

>Some of their games, including Ef and others, have anime adaptations, so I think it's fair to make a thread here

No
fuck off and go back

上げ

Attached: yy.jpg (1608x2402, 1.09M)

Anime, made by shaft no less, managed to be better than actual vn.
I don't think they deserve any praise or mourning.

Very upsetting but not that surprising with how high quality the stuff they pumped out was. Ef is one of my favorites.

Attached: Ef.-.A.Fairy.Tale.Of.The.Two.full.207693.jpg (1168x1080, 237K)

F

It's true that eroge sales, and the industry as a whole is getting smaller every year. Someone on bbspink mentioned that ef together sold like 100k copies, but their newest game only around 7k.

F
youtube.com/watch?v=-WVBHU9Tm8c
Posting superior OP

F

Unironically the most kino VN dev. There's a certain warmth felt while reading their VNs, and they will be dearly missed for it. The amount of work they put into their graphics and visual direction has yet to be topped, even a decade after ef. Shaft did a great job with the anime, but I feel that it should have been a Shinkai adaptation in order to truly shine.
youtu.be/tPmDKb836eo

F.

Attached: __hayama_mizuki_and_himura_yuu_ef_drawn_by_nanao_naru__c25131a2248facd2611c8bf499de9f64.jpg (1067x600, 237K)

>The amount of work they put into their graphics and visual direction has yet to be topped
I like minori, but I'll play the devil advocate here. Re:LieF already topped them in graphic department.

And Re:LieF devs were kill right after its release and now are slowly trying to make a sequel as a doujin game.

Yeah but the goalpost is "topping the graphic department" right.

Fair enough then. Re:LieF is really striking, yeah.

Age is next, right?
I heard they are having hard time.

Attached: 1543152710211.jpg (1280x1936, 211K)

Seems bad.

Attached: Untitled.png (1253x313, 30K)

How come VN filled to the brim with such high-quality sluts is so good?

Attached: __miyamura_miyako_ef_drawn_by_nanao_naru__fe71ce7a15a34077854e373f5587e0ac.png (720x1280, 958K)

Well shit, ef was one of the first anime I ever watched and I still love it.
Sprite also closed down this year, which is a shame. I guess the age of VNs is finally over.

Sprite's management probably fucked up somehow. Cause their games were successful.

I played Ef the VN and it was a big pile of shit so I couldn't care less.
On the other hand, the anime adaptation was really good, thanks to SHAFT.

FUCK YEAH! I fucking hated Ef. That show was a horrible piece of shit and im glad they are dead.

What made today such a hard climate for VNs? Is gatcha games just sucking up all the revenue? Are otaku just not interested anymore?

Old fans are getting older and dropping out. New people rather pick up soshages.

Together, or not together. These are the last traces of those dreamlike days.

>more anime is being made today and the anime industry is growing rapidly
>anime-themed gatcha games empower multimedia corporations and are major revenue sources
>manga industry is doing OK, just a shift from print to digital
>vn industry is dying
This isn't fair

Attached: 1490213402379.jpg (600x600, 51K)

VNs take a lot of patience. I struggle now to get into them, there's just so much more accessible media. Which is sad because VNs have always been the purest sort of interactive storytelling. I guess they're suffering the same fate as regular books, though I don't think the niche following will ever entirely die out. If anything Type-Moon might make some decent ones and revive the medium to a degree just due to the popularity of the fate franchise

F
on an old SHAFT marathon already so I'm gonna watch the anime. Always sad seeing companies like this go under.

VNs have the most risk of them all, compared to manga, LNs, mobages or even (original) anime. You need to have the entire product done before selling it, and if it fails you pretty much lose a lot of money.

F