LOGH thread

So, that piece of shit neue these has already been forgotten? Feels prosit.

Attached: dkkmjfbvyaaaiqj.jpg (852x1200, 156K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=2NGU7vmtKjo
twitter.com/AnonBabble

It wasn't that bad desu, just inferior

It felt boring to watch Neue These, which is weird because I sat through every episode of the OVA no problem.

Attached: 1490816433473.jpg (900x853, 111K)

It was all flash without the substance of the original.

Reinhard looks like the faggot from Banana Fish

>anime isn't airing
>superior version exists
>not that many people talking about the original logh either since it's not that popular
>i-it's already forgotten r-right?
Well of course no one talks about it now. Why do you have to feel so threatened with the remake anyway? Are you that afraid that dumb casuals will dislike the series as a whole after watching DnT so you can't act as an elitist anymore?

It's one of them bland ass remakes that completely lacks the charm, the soul and the heart of the original. The original was an event and a piece of art. This show is just a cashgrab and treats itself like an average seasonal shit. I hope to god the movies bring it less money than they expect, and they stop making this shit. Aint no way in hell they are making 75 more episodes of this. Hell, higher selling shows don't often get sequels these days.

None of that. Im just laughing at the remake being a failure.

It sells great so i don't know what kind of failure you're talking about. What makes you hate it so much? Were you expecting it to be good in the first place? I mean i treat it like initial d legend or eva rebuild, i just simply had a slight disdain but that's that. No seething anger whatsoever.

I just find it weird and off-putting that they would remake perfection. For what good reason? And then they put the minimal amount of effort and care into it too? That's just insulting the original OVA. And there are normies out there who will start with this and ignore the original. Fuck this show. It's literally the holy grail of shows that should not have been made.

i wouldn't say the original is a perfection either, it's very great but definitely not flawless. But i can understand where you're coming from.
>what reason
Cash grab,what else?
>start with this and ignore the original
yeah, similar to what i said you're afraid with what other people thinking, either you're afraid that people will dislike the series because of DnT or people will watch Dnt instead of the original.
so yeah basically you feel threatened.
>normies
Try to use normalfags on Yea Forums.

>but definitely not flawless
Help me list some flaws. The only one I can find is the somewhat limited animation on human characters during walking and fighting. But even that goes away half way through the series. ''Seasons'' 3 and 4 have the animation of a normal ova. I can't think of any other real flaws.

Everybody get up

It wasn't a piece of shit, just an inferior adaption.
They did completely murder Reinhard's character though, in the original he's very animated, shows a wide range of feelings and expressions, even to throw around some jokes.
In DnT they just made him another cookie-cutter stoic ikemen, it's one of the weakest points there

He looks worse than the faggot from BF because at the very least, he wasn't designed by the Kurocock character designer.

Excuse you, Ash looked much better.

Attached: [HorribleSubs] Banana Fish - 02 [720p].mkv_snapshot_19.22_[2018.07.15_22.50.48].jpg (1280x720, 87K)

My biggest fear is not getting subs for the movies. I like LOGH so much that I'm even willing to watch those. A lot.

Attached: 1525363173315.jpg (1868x129, 115K)

I agree, the voice acting and voice acting direction were also at fault though. Reinhardt wasn't necessarily very animated (at most you had a cape flip or something like pic related) in the original, but his voice was. He often got very angry and emotional about things.
But in this adaptation he was always cool, calm headed, and mostly emotionless.
Though really, the entire cast was like that.

Attached: contained anger.gif (540x405, 444K)

It's the same thing as the original OVA
but inferior in every way

Fuck Democracy.

Attached: image.jpg (640x480, 36K)

Miyano can never throw insults like Horikawa did. His tone really made you feel that Reinhard was so superior that you didn't even deserve to breathe the same air he does. Out of the new VAs, I think I only liked Kircheis. I also commend Suwabe's efforts at trying to sound like the original Oberstein.

Attached: LOGH ep20.jpg (636x479, 101K)

That gif is just too cute. Saved.

Attached: 1358034894275.png (640x360, 274K)

i'd prefer tomokazu seki instead of miyano honestly as horikawa's replacement.

>His tone really made you feel that Reinhard was so superior that you didn't even deserve to breathe the same air he does.
I couldn't have put it better myself.

> my boy Dusty is literal filler in OVA
> no screentime for Dusty if they make sequel to tv
Fuck, man.

Am I crazy for wanting Hirata Hiroaki to voice Yang for years? I was disappointed when I learned that SuzuKen would be Yang.

Horikawa is alive and sound as good is 30 years ago. Why cant they just call him?

But it would be sad playing in logh again, when Oberstein and Yang is dead, i guess.

For me Yamaguchi is best choice for Yang.

I can always watch this commercial to hear him as Reinhard again.

well i can see him in as yang from his namba mutta role.
i don't know user, his reinhard sounds a bit weird from that new japanese drink with logh commercial.

Vegetahard was absolutely irreplaceable. I gotta say though I respect the attempt by the guy they gave Yang to. Too bad the original VA died, he was a gem.

Well, he'd work too. Suzumura's voice is too high pitched for Yang.

Speaking of Yang, I just can't bring myself to read the 8th novel. I'm not sure if I can handle living that incident again.

Fuck, I forgot my link: youtube.com/watch?v=2NGU7vmtKjo

>AISU wa AISU demo kei no koto dewanai
My poor Kircheis didn't deserve this kind of treatment.

>the fucking bottle ships
>it even ends on MATA ICHI PEEGI

This is incredible.

Attached: 1536696685132.png (693x731, 581K)

That's another problem with making a more accurate adaptation of the novels. You lose alot of Dusty moments and the overall banter between FPA people. Honestly LOGH has some of the best filler scenes ever. They literally feel authentic to the point that I was shocked how much of that shit didnt happen in the novels.

The novels are so dry and no fun allowed. Even the banter feels stiffer.

Yeah, I agree. The OVA did wonders with the characters and dialogue.
The only thing I hold against the OVA and want to see in the new movies is how they handle the westerland massacre. In the novel, Rainhard straight up orders to let it happen. So the guilt he feels later on is justified, because the incident is directly on him. In the OVA, they made it so Oberstein lied about the attack time, and thus it happened outside of Rainhards control. But he still feels guilty about it. I wonder, if the new movies will let one of their main characters sentence 2 million civilians to nuclear death? Will they have the balls to have Rainhard himself give that order?

I totally forgot about that. I was surprised to read that Reinhard absolutely knew what was going to happen in Westerland, yet let it happen. Given how neue-LOGH is more closely following the novel, I'd say they'll just go for it. I don't think anyone cares about keeping Reinhard pure and clean now, he can have some blood on his hands.

Attached: 1505946601722.jpg (500x375, 66K)

But aren't people now more pussy than ever? It's one thing if the mc is some edgelord who kills badguys in bloody ways. It's another thing if the mc lets a 2mil genocide happen, to further his goals. I think they might leave it ambiguous.

Attached: 1514769679936.jpg (736x1054, 99K)

I told you fucks this was gonna be the Sailor Moon Crystal of the franchise and get forgotten but you still panicked.

I remember when you said that. And I believed you.

Yo this is my first time watching this shit
Why are there so many fags in this show?

Not animated in the sense of has a lot of animation done on him, but as a person. His face changes expression a lot, and he uses a lot more body language.
Well, given that neue-Reinhardt uses zero body language that's a given.
Just look at the gif you posted, this is absolute gold. It makes him a person, not a mere drawing of written lines.

Suwabe's imitation of the original voice is strikingly good. Too bad he had very few lines in the episodes we got

How can one man be so moe?

>bottle ships
>that pun
>mata ichi peeji

Where do i get some goddamn papiko

That's hilarious.

It’s because the original had things happening much faster then in DNT. The events of the first two episodes of DNT were basically the first episode of the original and the pacing was just boring in comparison to how dynamic the original was, especially during the Space combat scenes.

The new Oberstein sucks. He has none of what made the original Oberstein both creepy, but mysterious.

He looks like your generic Levi clone.

Not him, but terraists were a mistake.

Perfection exists

Attached: 43815.jpg (225x350, 34K)

Subtitles? Ha ha ha. I'm still not convinced that the movies will ever come out at all.

She had a better synchronization with Shinji than with Julian.

anyone read the books?

I translated the first book into my own language and read the second one.

What a hero

>I'm still not convinced that the movies will ever come out at all.
I hope that is the case. If they do still make the movies, I hope that they sell less than expected, so they stop this stupid project right here. Ain't no way in hell that they will actually finish this remake. These days everything gets left unfinished, even if it sells okay.

>finish an episode on my second re-watch of the OVA
>Go on 4Chins and see LoGH on the front page
Good shit

I wanted to, but I heard that the translations were borderline unacceptable in quality.

I think most people agree that the Terraists were the weakest part of the show. I always felt like it should have been restricted to Phezzani jewish tricks, but those finals episodes were some of the best.