Space Dandy thread

What do you think about the series, baby?

Attached: spacedandy.jpg (1200x680, 78K)

Other urls found in this thread:

drive.google.com/file/d/0B9hOWk9OglDBaWdWZHZrQzBkUGc/view?usp=sharing
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

I like that they put a baby at the end of every episodes title, baby.

Attached: 1459853242521.jpg (1274x712, 94K)

Groovy.

I like it. Me too!

Attached: 245765.jpg (1007x641, 113K)

It's really dandy, baby

How would you describe this body shape?

Attached: 321031063561.jpg (1280x1828, 355K)

I think we really should let it go,it's been 5 years already and im still mad about Scarlet and fast growing loli
and also not having 3 season

it was a good ride very funny and made me laugh a lot, also loved the experimental animation in it

OP here. I started watching season 1 yesterday, it's awesome. Reminds me of Rick and Morty. Heard that season 2 is better, is it true? Also, is there character development? Asking cause I saw some discussions, and people put Dandy in Top10 dudes in anime among characters like Arataka from mob psycho, etc.

2-1-3?

>Reminds me of Rick and Morty.
Abandon thread.

Attached: 1470137965522.jpg (640x480, 155K)

This

>Reminds me of Rick and Morty
time for me to make my exit

Attached: 1525317223579.jpg (800x580, 135K)

there is a little plot and character development in season 2. though his top 10 status is probably just based on him being a dandy guy, in space

Holy shit a quint.

What a waste

Are people not allowed to enjoy other shows?

My first one too. Massive shame indeed

How is that possible? This thread is either cursed or blessed.

Attached: 1459853242517.jpg (703x693, 51K)

Dude.....

Just like the fucking show.

What? I can watch what I want, fuck off. Both shows are mostly episodic, and characters do crazy interdimensional shit, so it's pretty similarly themed.

Yeah, you can. But don't bring it here and then try and defend doing so.

Oh no, I mentioned some western popular show, that became infamous cause of memes. What do.

I think "underrated" is overused, but I really loved space dandy, I find it weird how little it gets mentioned. I guess, sort of similar to samurai champloo, it is competent and devoid of controversy so there's little to talk about.

Meh

The most inconsistent anime I've seen with perfect 10/10 episodes and dismal 1/10s

>these digits

Attached: 1551053637640.png (229x229, 106K)

I love Dandy’s lewd body and especially his ass

afterlife episode, 1 or 10?

i love how dandy wears the pompadore well, not even the guy from redline could pull this off

What I meant was that the show ran the entire gamut from perfect to terrible, plus everything in between. That one was more like an 8 for me, Adélie episode a best.

not who you asked but its an 11/5
too good for this earth, genuinely one of the best episodes of anime i've seen in hundreds of series

Nice Trips, but what are these terrible episodes? The worst one I can think of is the cloudian episode with Honey, and that was just boring.

Attached: 1515078417784.jpg (1488x1618, 301K)

i agree, loved it. i probably enjoyed dandy (at it's best) more than champloo or bebop.

adélie is cute! great episode

Attached: 1519961611491.png (1600x900, 2.38M)

great anime very pretty and the dub is actually better than the japanese

My favorite Watanabe show. No offense to bepop but after watching this , I honestly think bepop is overrated. I still like both tho
Dandy>bepop>champloo

Dandy goes to school and Dandy forms a rock band felt like they were running out of ideas quickly. The underwear episode was a poor Star Trek rehash as well and they'd do the surfing bit better on later episodes.

>Dandy goes to school and Dandy forms a rock band
Sincerely fuck you, those were great.

Attached: dandy02.jpg (1420x879, 126K)

Bebop and Champloo blow this out of the water when it comes to consistently good episodes vs Dandy where it has too much meh to garbage. I like Dandy but it doesn't hold a candle.

Not everyone needs to like everything. It's good if some stuff is even hated by some. That's really good, from a holistic point of view. Imagine a show that doesn't recieve an ounce of hate for any of its episodes. Yeah, baby. Imagine.

Hey, not everyone can be dandy, baby. You didn't like it? Your loss.

Attached: 24536261.jpg (776x720, 72K)

Extremely overrated, had good episodes here and there but it was like I was watching futurama but it was funny 1/2 the time

I haven't been able to enjoy another anime since.
Still fucking mad about people shoving all discussion of it off the board back when it was airing, and mods kept deleting threads for no goddamn fucking reason. Fuck you, I'm still mad.

Attached: 1538480896120.png (1779x1000, 3.61M)

>Comparing Dandy to anime that it's not even remotely similar towards
The only people who shit on Dandy for not being Bebop are the same people who didn't watch any of the preview trailers for it and tried to pretend that it'd be something it's not.

>Is a series directed by Shinichirō Watanabe
>Has 26 episodes
>Same episodic formula as the other two
Of course I would compare them to his previous work you autist.

I hate his hair

People are allowed to make different things, user. Not everything they create needs to be the exact same.

Objectively best character

Attached: d3d17b4b92922f1ad6fbe4f6e9113882--space-dandy-meow-colours.jpg (236x388, 16K)

Except Bebop and Dandy are too similar not to compare.
>MC is about the same age
>Has a crew and they get into shenanigans
>Flies to different planets to collect a bounty
>Meets a whole host of people through his adventure
How can I not compare this to Bebop? Do I enjoy Dandy? Yes. A solid 8/10 and loved the animation, sound and it had some stand out episodes that rivaled the best of Bebop and Champloo but a comparison has to happen.

/ourguy/

Attached: 1541974183405.gif (563x317, 2.78M)

I had very high expectations prior to the series based on pedigree but kinda expected it to be shit based on premise, the first episode seemed to prove it was shit till half way through it became godlike.
Its truly a dandy show with only a few inconsistent episodes, enjoyed it immensely.

Honestly they’re wildly different in subject matter and execution, there is no reason to compare

Absolutely fantastic episode, surprised the shit out of me. That, Loli space girl, and the space race are probably top for me but I’m certainly forgetting something

I wouldn’t say I think any episodes are bad, there are just some I don’t bother rewatching

Samurai Champloo had a few wildly inconsistent episodes, of course the rankings do still go Bebop > Champloo > Dandy > almost anything else on the market

Well he’s kind of parodying Bebop. So the comparisons are more in line with how you’d compare a satire to the original work.
Still Dandy is so different in tone and style it’s easier to compare Champloo and Bebop than Dandy to Bebop

Grassts

Post him flashing his abs during the Dropkix concert.

Attached: 1494171355162.png (939x640, 340K)

It's pretty dandy.

Statue of Liberty Mecha is literally the best Spaceship design ever

You're forgetting the plant planet and munagi episode. I fucking love that track at the end of the episode

Attached: shokubutsu datte ikiteru jan yo.gif (500x281, 705K)

this show was great
shame it gets ignored due to being similar to bebop

The Limbo episode and the Library planet episode were fucking greatestest. Damn I need to rewatch.

>that track at the end of the episode
It's Fuck you Ogre, isn't it? Pretty good band.

And it's gagged

Nah, I'm talking about this track. Can't find it on yt
drive.google.com/file/d/0B9hOWk9OglDBaWdWZHZrQzBkUGc/view?usp=sharing

Perfection

Long legs/short torso ratio
Big shelf like ass that shamelessly sticks out
Very large breasts that have a realistic heft and weight to them
Narrow waist/hourglass shape without looking TOO cartoonish or unhealthily skinny.

Attached: dandy abs.webm (700x350, 896K)

That episode where they had that groundhog day thing hit me in the feels, Meow's dad is so pure.
second this limbo episode was kino

OP here. So many good opinions, many of you prefer Dandy than Samurai Champloo or even Cowboy Bebop, cant wait to start season 2, it was an awesome idea to start watching this show.

why did i only now notice that the heart on her butt is not a motiv but a hole??????

It also looks like it has a string that goes between her cheeks.

Stupid episode making me cry for plants.

Attached: [MD] Space☆Dandy - 09 (1280x720 Blu-ray AC3).mkv_snapshot_20.59_[2017.03.10_21.00.53].jpg (1280x720, 72K)

Some god particle shenanigans abound.

I don't know user, it's obviously for an easy access

Attached: 1523080079931.webm (1280x720, 2.86M)