A friend and I just finished watching pic related

Easily the best Lupin III content to date. The last few episodes were a real treat with references to green jacket, red jacket, part 4, The Castle of Cagliostro, Voyage to Danger, Farewell to Nostradamus, The Pursuit of Harimao's treasure, and plenty of others. Having watched nearly every bit of Lupin media prior, I absolutely loved every second of part 5's finale. Here's to hoping whatever comes next is just as good.

Still wondering what was with the mask reveal in the last episode. I refuse to believe that's not Lupin's actual face, and in the next scene he didn't put the mask back on and looked the same anyway. Figured it's some symbolism of him showing his "true self" to Fujiko or whatever.

Really looking forward to Goodbye Partner, can't wait for the fansubs. That movie coming out in the winter of this year, too.

Anyway, Lupin thread?

Attached: lupin part 5.jpg (1280x720, 209K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=k1FQSWfXeus
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

I liked Part 4 myself somewhat more since I felt like the past jacket episodes in particular were inconsistent, but I appreciate how part 5 really came threw on giving good arc stories better than 4 did (though 4 has stronger individual eps imo).

Yeah, I guess I can agree with 4 having stronger individual episodes. The one with Jigen going to the dentist is unforgettable. I liked how 5 was a bit darker though, back to killing for the first time since green jacket (not counting some movies and The Woman Called Fujiko Mine)

So far I've seen Cagliostro, Goemon, Jigen's Gravestone, Part IV, Part V, and Island of Assassins. I've been impressed with everything thus far apart from Jigen's Gravestone. What do you recommend I start on next?

Attached: goemon-ishikawa-xiii-lupin-the-3rd-part-iv-8.27.jpg (210x240, 18K)

Prior to part 5, green jacket (part 1) was my favorite. Shit soundtrack compared to everything else, but a good tone (dark but not too dark) and some overall really solid episodes. If you don't like the darker tone I suppose check out red jacket (part 2). As for movies, Farewell to Nostradamus is one of my favorites, but I don't see many others agreeing with me. Fuma conspiracy is another good one, animated by most of the team who did Cagliostro so it looks like Miyazaki without being actually done by Miyazaki. Don't be turned off by The Woman Called Fujiko Mine just because of Jigen's Gravestone, either, the series is a lot better than the two movies that spun off from it

Anyone have an idea of how long it'll take before Goodbye Partner gets subs?

I didn't like the fourth series and haven't given the fifth a shot yet. I like all three original series and the Mine Fujiko spinoff. Waiting for Discotek to release pink jacket.

Give part 5 a try. Way closer in tone to green jacket than part 4, and don't let the first few episodes throw you off because it only gets better as it goes on

I remember the school episode in 4 making me laugh quite a bit. It was just so ridiculous and the comedic timing was superb.

Yeah I don't mind the bit of darkness. In general I think Blue Jacket sort of nails just the right tone whether it's the one series or the other. It doesn't feel like too much of one thing and can easily be either.

I usually like story type shows more too, so it's interesting that the part 4 won me over more. I also liked Rebecca. It was pretty cool that the end of part 5 confirmed she's still a thing.

Part 1 was actually pretty solid and holds up okay aside from it not having the Lupin theme quite yet (that old OP is meme-worthy) and became my new oldest anime I've watched.

Aside from that I've seen like 2-3 other Lupin specials you haven't seen but they didn't wow me. That one recent Blue Jacket one from like a few months ago was kind of neat, but I'd recommend watching part 1 first or you won't really get the most millage.

I've also seen Mine Fujiko. It's sort of worth it for the great art style, but it gets increasingly worse as it goes on.

Stay away from Italian Game especially if you've seen eps 25-26 of part 4.

Part 5 confirmed a lot of stuff was still a thing, I'd suggest giving the last four or so episodes a watch some time after you've watched more Lupin to catch all the references. If you like stuff that's more story-focused though, parts 1-3 are almost entirely episodic (with a few exceptions, part 1 has a few episodes dedicated to how they met Goemon). The Woman Called Fujiko Mine has a continuous story though. All of the movies each have self-contained plots too, though I suggest sticking to the actual movies and OVAs and when it comes to TV specials 90's and earlier, since a lot of the mid-2000s TV specials felt really samey

Italian game covered episodes 1-3 in addition to that one bonus train episode (might've been 26? can't remember) but yeah you're right to stay away from it since it's mostly rehash

I hated the Fujiko Mine spinoff. It's so frustrating to watch and I hate everything about it. The rest of the Lupin franchise is great and it's my favourite series. What went so wrong in the Fujiko spinoff?

Attached: Lupin III Castle of Cagliostro.mkv_snapshot_00.53.36_[2019.02.27_18.30.48].jpg (1920x1040, 190K)

Something like that give or take. While wrapping it in what's essentially the same kind of new material you'd see with regular anime recaps

I've seen a few specials, Parts 1, 4, 5, (started 2 but got bored fast), all of the more recent movie specials, Cagliostro, and Mine Fujiko. Not close to everything but a decent dent in it I guess.

Not silly enough, if you ask me. They tried to hyper sexualize it and that just isn't Lupin. Her being a seductress is fine, her seeming slutty is not.

This must be the first time I've seen anyone think Green Jacket had a bad soundtrack.

It's not terrible (some remixes of the songs are great) but it's not the good jazzy shit the rest of the series has

Its not canon though. Part 5 makes no mention of it whatsoever

goodbye partner is disapointing though, nothing near Lupin parts IV and V in terms of quality

>I hated the Fujiko Mine spinoff

everyone did

I liked it except for oscar and the copout ending "i wasn't brainwashed and programmed, i am who i am, a total whore."

fuck outta here wasting my time for that reveal.

There's really no reason for it not to be, considering it's just a prequel to green jacket. It's a better origin story than First Contact if you ask me. Some of the scenes I really hate though. Zenigata fucking Fujiko really weirded me out (would've been fine with Lupin fucking her, but Pops?) and as much as I'm fine with Fujiko fanservice she got naked way too much. There were some aspects of the show I really enjoyed, but they mostly revolved around Lupin, Jigen, and Goemon. The credits song was really good too

That reveal was really fucking stupid, thinking about it now. They hyped it up over and over making it seem like Fujiko had some weird fucked up backstory, and then at the end just played it off like "lol we lied about that and it actually was completely irrelevant" so I'm not really sure why they even bothered. Fujiko was also made outright slutty in the show when in the proper series she's usually naked because of her captors' doing, or seducing some idiot in order to steal from under his nose. She's never really been naked just for the sake of being naked unless it's been a bath or shower scene, in which it makes quite a bit of sense to be naked. The show had its merits, but it's also got me here arguing that Fujiko's tits (aka her defining character trait and literal namesake) are overdone in the show, so I'm not sure

It also has the best groovy song in the franchise.
youtube.com/watch?v=k1FQSWfXeus

Part 5 has my favourite opening.

Understandable, the visuals and the french-sounding instrumentals mesh pretty good.

I think what bothered me the most was how she slept with Zenigata to get out of jail. Zeni shouldn't be corrupt, him being honest and by the book is his defining trait.