Sacrifices everything to prevent destroying the universe

>Sacrifices everything to prevent destroying the universe
>Is somehow the villian of the story

Attached: Antispiral.jpg (600x338, 88K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=FutIOQ7TfUo
anyforums.com/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

What's the point in preventing the universe in being destroyed if you're going to prevent anyone from living in the process?

The power of friendship will destroy the universe lol

>Sacrificed their own species and enslaved other species to prevent an event that *might* happen.
Yeah that's pretty villainous. Even more so that even they didn't even know that you could have enough spiral power to form STTGL and still have your spiral power under control. They were all just paranoid fucks.

The universe must be destroyed to transcend beyond, he is literally like that chief at the cave.

>Giving up like a little bitch instead of universe drill-punching the big crunch to undo it
>Offing anyone who could possibly grow strong enough to pull it off
>Not a villain

He was right about the destruction of spiral energy but at the same time he didn't think about regulating it.

>per·spec·tive
>a particular attitude toward or way of regarding something; a point of view.
>view, viewpoint, point of view, angle, frame of mind, frame of reference, approach, way of looking/thinking, interpretation

>oh no there is a problem in our way and our spiral energy cant beat it!
>lets just USE MORE SPIRAL ENERGY
>works literally every time
>even against a machine that is built for the specific and singular purpose of absorbing spiral energy
and this is what people say their favorite anime is?

>kills everyone to stop everyone from dying
I can't believe people thought this was a compelling enough motivation for a villain for it to become a trend for a while.

>Has literal reality warping powers
>Doesn't use said reality warping to warp the nature of said powers to make it so they don't risk destroying the universe
That's what happens when you don't fight the power

They only have reality warping powers within their dimensions

>each villain is progressively more powerful and exaggerated than the one before
Woah it's almost like a spiral

Why didn't he just double the resources of the universe?

>sacrifices everything
>this includes things that are not his to sacrifice

I sacrificed my shit, now you have to sacrifice your shit. What do you mean you don't want to sacrifice your shit? I sacrificed my shit so that means you have to as well!

>the humans are a virus trope
>the humans are a virus but its ok because theyre humans trope
I guess you have to pick one

Attached: Considerthefollowing3.png (694x720, 266K)

Hey didn’t though, they just dropped everone down to a level where the spiral power would never grow out of control. A bunch of small underground villages being all thats left still beats absolutely everyone being dead.

>sacrifices universe to save universe

I dunno that sounds counterproductive

They're antagonists, not villains. They're teachers for the MCs

What is the point of living in perpetual mediocrity, never progressing until the end of time?

What's the point of growing out of control, wastefully, maybe destroying yourself, until the end of time?

Its comfy

better than living in a fucking cave

Enjoy the trip?

No one wants to sacrifice liberty for safety. That's why revolutions start and kingdoms fall.

No thank you, I'm gonna enjoy my safe, comfy, eternal mediocrity.

why not just kill yourself so your oxygen and resources can be used by someone who isn't a pussy?

Saving everybody by killing 99% of everybody and making the remaining 1% life's miserable isn't what I would call a "good" solution.
Say what you want about Incubators, at least they kept casualties to a minimum.

Attached: kyubeysays.jpg (500x500, 52K)

? The whole point is that I don't want to risk my comfy existence. I still enjoy it.

If Anti-Spiral didn't do his job, the universe wouldn't have been around long enough to shit out fuckups like Simon and Kamina.

coffins are pretty comfy desu

I still don't understand if the SN is meant to be taken literally or allegorically.
Do they actually mean strong spiral beings would eventually become such concentrated mass of POWAH they would collapse into a singularity so big it would devour the entire universe ?
Or were they talking about unbridled evolution leading to more and more nature defying prodigies until one day they dig too deep into the SCIENCE rabbit hole and end up killing everyone by causing a disaster ?

Incubators are based

youtube.com/watch?v=FutIOQ7TfUo
I think his VA was awesome, I don't understand why he didn't do more roles.

I would like to point everyone's attention to these trips. They speak the truth and they highlight a crucial flaw in the story the moment it tries to get preachy and bring up a moral for the story. We don't even know what Simon's plan to halt the advent of the Spiral Nemesis is, and how different it is from 'stop using spiral power', i.e. AS's solution.

The antispiral are definitely the villains of the story, but at least they served as a good filter so no one too retarded would get strong enough to destroy the universe. If the other spiral warriors were more like kamina, for example, would they also choose to stop the spiral nemesis?

Latter. It's basically nukes

But it's pretty clear what Simon did to prevent the overuse. Everyone in his team threw away their perfect dream existence for the sake of the world, and Simon made that clear by retiring instead of reviving Nia, which he totally could and would potentially set a precedent of "yeah let's use spiral power just this once"

And that makes it universally valid across species and planets? 'Giving the example' is often not enough to induce the desired result, which may I stress, is not too different from Anti-Spiral's original goal.

I still blame Yoko for pretty much everything.
The source of Simons misery is that harpy, the later betrayals are water off a ducks back, fuck the lot of 'em.

The desired result was completed offscreen by Rossiu and everyone else (see how they're going to meet their fellow spirals instead of waging war on them like episode 1 showed)
It's no guarantee of course. Simon asked the Antispiral to have faith in them, keyword here being faith, and he got it by killing them even though it'd kill Nia too

Why didn't he just ask the eagles to drop the excess spiral energy into mount doom?

I like how during the episode where Guame has his cyclone out, there was a Kamina wannabe who was all like "yeah let's just charge in there like real men" and they all fucking died without contributing anything at all. Shows how important Simon is in keeping Kamina's hot-blooded impulse in check.

>And that makes it universally valid across species and planets

We can assume that spiral species have a very similar mode of being to each other, it would have been something though if there was a species that harnessed spiral energy by being more and more depressed (or aroused of course), though it seems that spiral energy is of expansion and hype.

>'Giving the example'
I think it's more about having skin in the game and doing the right thing in the moment. You can't cling to thinking that everyone will follow you but you may bet that woke individuals will become responsible as well.

>was completed offscreen
which is literally the thing I and the other user were complaining about. It's an asspulled conclusion that hinges on barely believable premises.
user most of what you're saying hinges on assumptions. That's not wrong per se, but I could make other assumptions and we'd be at a standstill.
>Having skin in the game
It may be a limitation of mine but I fail to see how it is different from giving the example, given the context.

Maybe I am not making myself clear. The problem with Simon's ideology is that it's never defined, it's just a generic 'people can regulate themselves'. It appeals to the middle ground, but that's a precarious basis upon which to build a philosophy. Humans are just setting themselves up to be the next AS, because they advocate for restriction to the use of Spiral Power without having a guiding principle behind it, just the vague idea of self-restraint.

It's not an issue because they just showed things differently. Rather than having the anime be about showing the politics and large scale plans to enforce restreint, the anime went for a more individualistic conflict: could the heroes throw away everything they have the day it counts? The answer is yes, and the narrative implication is that everyone else can, and under the right guidance they will, which will guarantee peace.
It's a man vs self thing

I can get behind your reasoning. Granted, I still don't like how the show decided to go about this (if you want to talk about politics, don't do so half-assedly), but at the end of the day I get your point. I still believe however that the entire structure of the post-dictatorship 'Spiral Council' is a castle of cards.

By everything he extended into sacrificing things that didn't belong to him like the futures of other races. This violates the NAP.

That's not how a drill works

Turns out that living a fulfilling life in the warmth of the sun for a finite period of time as opposed to living a bleak and oppressed life underground for the sake of preserving a state of indefinite miserable habitability is worth it to most people.