Toradora

>MC is an 18 yo adult
>His love interest looks like a literal 9 year old
>Said love interest is also severely mentally ill
?

What is the appeal of this series?

Attached: 1547991294053.jpg (327x512, 33K)

>What is the appeal of this series?
Best girl.

Attached: 1539188161469.png (1345x754, 850K)

Also

Attached: IMAGINE2.jpg (750x537, 121K)

What it says on the tin: Two individuals bonding and forming a genuine connection over mutually unrequited crushes. And Taiga isn't all that out there considering how the entire cast acts - they're all exaggerated weirdos and that's not a bad thing.

Where do you think you are.

Attached: 153464477362.jpg (598x371, 29K)

I wanted to write up a paragraph about how much I love Taiga but at the end of the day, basically this.

Best girl winning for once is the big draw of the series.
Ami a cunt. A cunt. A two faced cunt and you're autistic if you don't see it.

Such an uncultured opinion.

Attached: 1544172622962.jpg (1343x1269, 444K)

Why couldn't we have a sequel where it's just about their life after the ending of the original, with no drama and finding plenty of things to bend her over?

And that's a good thing

its your basic ass high school romcom SOL shit

and boy is that fucking type of show addicting to watch

Attached: kot xd.jpg (125x123, 2K)

>both two faced bitches lose
Absolutely great. It's the aesop for the whole thing.
>i'll pretend not to care and pretend to be a retard on top of that
Loses
>i'll pretend I'm your bro when really I'm just after that D and I'm a fetid cunt
Loses
>I'll get over my real from the beginning issues in order to date you
Wins

Greatest love story

something something vn something something triplets.

Attached: taiga_roll.gif (500x281, 2M)

Don't insult Minorin! She's an incredibly hard working and kind person, and she only lies so that Taiga can stay with Ryuuji. Bear in mind if she had been up front she might have gotten him before he realized how deeply he felt about Taiga.

Ami can burn though, yeah.

Ami = a best
Taiga = a shit

Attached: 1545704818661.jpg (538x563, 125K)

I'm still fucking mad at this show. That red headed chick has to be the biggest fucking retard on the planet.

>MC likes her
>she knows
>even likes him back
>he confesses to her
>she doesn't even reject him, just talks about ayy lmaos
>helps best girl hook up MC and midget because midget is sad
>it works
>has emotional meltdown
>WTF I LOVED HIM AND NOW HES GONE THIS HURTS SO MUCH HOW DID THIS HAPPEN
BITCH YOU HAVE NO ONE ELSE BUT YOURSELF TO BLAME

Except that VN should have had a version for PC and been 18+.

That's what I've been asking every day since I finished. Their relationship immediately became and has stayed one of my favorites in fiction, yet we're basically starved for any shows of affection. All we got is one kiss scene - one really, really good kiss scene, to be fair, but still. I want to see them go on dates, tease each other more, learn things together, and hang out with the old crew now that they're a couple. We should have gotten at least a little of that.

>>MC is an 18 yo adult
>>His love interest looks like a literal 9 year old
>>Said love interest is also severely mentally ill
>?

>What is the appeal of this series?

But you just outlined it yourself?

Attached: 1421798267978.png (706x412, 278K)

>thinks taiga isn't best girl
Also, Minorin knows that she did this to herself - she doesn't just wine about it and go "oh woe is me, how did this happen?". She cries because it hurts to lose out on love, but she was fully in support of the relationship between Taiga and Ryuuji because she, like the audience, saw how well they got along and how important they were to each other.

>wine
*whine

The kiss scene itself could have been expanded and continued to at least them laying down together, regardless of if it moved on to anything more than kissing at that time. If nothing more happens then, then later times could show them willing to try more as time passes. I do hate how in general kiss scenes tend to be the end point of what's shown in a relationship, and if not then there are always new things added to threaten it.

I was totally okay with that scene not even starting to hint at anything more sensual. It was incredibly wholesome and heartwarming as it was. To be honest, I prefer that we not get anything leaning in that direction from the story proper. But the fact that we got nothing, not even a single date, is infuriating. They're seriously such a great couple and not getting to see their chemistry in action in the new context of being together has me seething.

Even if that time stayed at that level without progressing further, we wstill could have been shown more of that level before they slept. I'd still have liked to get something similar to this scene eventually too. It did need to have more dates and just normal daily life together after that kiss.

I thought their connection was Taiga freeloading on her financially struggling neighbor

Christmas.

Spending Christmas on Yea Forums is very comfy

I'm pretty sure she contributed to the food costs, and in any case he was always offering to take care of her.

And both would be happy with that arrangement.She could also offer to take care of one of his problems she caused.

>she might have gotten him
She should have user. That's where she fucked up.

Best girls do win sometimes

Attached: 39779.jpg (225x318, 43K)

the last chapter was so confusing, I couldn't tell who was who in the wedding and reception scenes and they wasted half the chapter on that shitty romance subplot with Mitty's brother

Yes yes it was

A part of me agrees with you, I can't lie. But more than that I think Taiga and Ryuuji were meant for each other. I wish it could have been resolved in a way other than "I'll give up on my genuine feelings for your sake", but in the end the Tiger and Dragon were a bonded pair - they had to get together.

To be honest for a while I was hoping the twist would be "Kusheida is a lesbian". That or her just being uninterested in a romance would have saved some unnecessary love triangle nonsense.

>ywn be Taiga's daddy bf

Loli and Tsundere fags like it

Agreed. The two were developed well, so I wouldn't have been mad either if Ryuuji really didn't have a chance with Kushida. I remember she kept saying shit about deciding happiness by yourself to Taiga, but doesn't that also mean that she's foregoing her own?

Yeah, but I think that's part of why I was able to be okay with it. Usually "love lost"-type situations wreck me, but Kushieda talked a bunch about how she had a dream for the future and something to aim for. Basically, getting with Ryuuji wasn't her ultimate goal - she had her softball to worry about. She had her own happiness to pursue, so she could be happy even if it meant giving up on Ryuuji.

What's the series. I can't read the title, what with that being a cover image for ants and all.

too long ago

While I agree 100%, we rarely ever get anything past first kissu for most couples in anime sadly. I wish there were more series out there where it wasn't just about the lead up to the couple starting to date and focused more on them actually dating. It's not as if there's no series at all with this, but I'd like more.

I still can't get over how Minori is such a busybody bitch
>Oh I actually like Ryuji but I'd rather push him to my best friend so he can be her therapist !
Seriously what in the actual fuck ? This is borderline sociopath level lack of empathy.

Are there any series that establish and maintain a bond between eventual love interests as well as Toradora? I don't know that I ever bought into the "greatest love story ever" meme, but it's certainly one of my favorites and it's the best I've seen in regards to showing that bond. I'd like to see more if anyone knows any. Flat-chested tsunderes not necessary but definitely appreciated.

Whether it's her forcing Taiga on Ryuuji depends entirely on when she started liking him. If it was at any point after the rumors spread of them being together then it makes total sense, given it was clear to anyone with eyes that they were basically married already. I don't know if it's made clear in the LN, but form anime only I would assume she fell for him at the villa - which would mean she saw them being super lovey-dovey without even realizing it. If that's the case it makes even more sense.

>form
*from
I've been consistently making this typo for the last month and it's starting to piss me off.

It's been a while since I watched it. Did Minorin always like Ryuuji from the start?

It didn't seem like it, I don't think. Unfortunately we never get an inner monologue from her so it's almost impossible to tell. I think the most logical place for her to have fallen for him would be at the Villa, where they have a heart to heart conversation and got to know each other, otherwise I still think it would be somewhere after that. The race for Taiga might have been another, but I can't remember if that's pre- or post- villa.

I'm confused. I've only watched it once through. I don't remember them ever confirming that Minorin liked Ryuuji enough to want a relationship with him. She was always slightly doubtful about it from what I remember.

Golden Time>Toradora>Incestgreen

Toward the end Minorin blatantly shouts it to Taiga while convincing her to face her fears and admit she loves him too. Ryuuji overhears but goes after Taiga anyway. Minorin is totally supportive of this, even cheering him on - though she does break down crying once the pair agreed to elope together.

Talk shit about Taiga to my face irl and see what happens, turbo nerd. I ran 1km, did 12 pushups, one pullup, and jumped rope 7 whole times in row yesterday - watch yourself!

Taiga or Rena?

Attached: 006 (1).png (848x1200, 169K)

I actually thought Ryuuji should had been with Ami. He was the only one who could tell she was full of shit and she could be herself next to him.
Ryuuji and Taiga were more like brother and sister than a couple from the get go.