What makes Naota so likeable despite all his similarities to Holden Caulfield...

What makes Naota so likeable despite all his similarities to Holden Caulfield, one of the most unlikable characters in literature?

Attached: 6A8CBE12-1311-4E53-A1C1-E6DD3A4DBB2C.jpg (235x380, 19K)

his flaws are human and relatable

Yeah I feel like Holden was just too mean spirited. Naota has real emotions underneath his facade, all I got from Holden was an empty void.

Cause naota actually changed and grew as a character and holden never did

gotta acknowledge these trips

>Holden Caulfield

Don't go all literary. Naota is just shinji ikari with the angst turned down and the responsibility turned up.

Presentation. The animation and soundtrack generate good will and then there's the comical situations for Takkun to react to entertainingly. Just him on his own telling his dumb, sullen little kid thoughts the way he might want to would be intolerable.

Accurate.

Attached: 1543746452355.jpg (1000x1000, 110K)

I hate him.

Why would he be unlikable in the first place? He's a bit of a no fun allowed for his age but there isn't really anything reprehensible about him.

>similarities to Holden Caulfield
You have no idea what you are talking about.

Ah, you most be one of those people who prepared for a book assignment test by only reading online summaries.

The burden of proof is on the one who made the claim. If you can make an argument that extends past a few surface level superficial similarities, I'll consider it.

he is problems are nothing like shinji, is he having the same character designer the basis for this comparison?

naota is for the most part a well adjusted kid going through the normal phase of trying to be behave like an adult. he is willing to have relationships with people and tries to initiate a romantic one at the end. he also openly speaks his mind. shinji is a porcupine n shit

>no examples, no explanation for the reasoning

today, OP was a faggot

It's also the concept and debut of the assistant series director of NGE and episode director of some of the most memorable ones. Not a writer for NGE, but by accounts he was responsible for a lot of the rejections and enforcement of NGE's concept. Maybe because Anno didn't want to yell at people. And the writer he worked with on his episodes is who he got to do his scripts for FLCL. There's a lot of DNA shared between the shows.

He's a kid, and we was all kids once.

He's blander so less offensive

Attached: 1532143327608.jpg (125x70, 2K)

Holden was a fuck up but at least he loved someone.

oops lmao I forgot I made this thread

Attached: 5218C812-9D42-455E-85E3-EC60E3819BE7.jpg (223x241, 12K)

I hate you

context and setting creating a relative perception like everything else in the universe.

>Holden Caulfield
>not Hal Incandenza

Fuck you OP

Attached: ap,550x550,16x12,1,transparent,t.u1.png (549x413, 183K)

Naota actually is surrounded by phonies.

My Necker.

Are you fucking with me? You're actually comparing FLCL to fucking Catcher in the Rye?

HE HATES HIM

Yes. He's a huge dickweed. I handled my puperty much more gracefully, and so could he have, but he chose not to, because he's such a dicknoodle.

>angst turned down
sure
>responsibility turned up
absolutely fucking not.