Is Deku a well written character?

Is Deku a well written character?

Attached: midoriya-characterart_large.jpg (359x479, 41K)

I don't read his fucking manga, but his best moment is when he tells Bakugo he's not nice enough to be his punching bag and he displays another emotion other than timidity and general nice behavior. He's thoroughly fucking uninteresting, which I guess is par for the course with capeshit.

O

O

MY

O

Why can't they neatly cut off the mask portion of his hero outfit? It looks fucking stupid flapping in the wind.

SEVEN

RUBBER

He had to learn how to kick. Like it was a shocking revelation or he'd invented a new kind of theoretical mathematics. The answer is no, no he is not.

CHICKENS

Attached: chickens.png (837x960, 944K)

NEN

Not particularly. I mean from all that I've read, shonen protags are generally pretty simple and one dimensional, even if they're not the I'M DUMB I'M HUNGRY LET'S FIGHT type. Deku was a success I think because he was the underdog nerd who was never supposed to stand in the spotlight, but those endearing qualities start wearing thinner and thinner the more powerful he gets.

I can't believe im missed this
>O MY RUBBER HEN

Overall yes, but he's been a little lacking in depth relative to the length of the series. If he doesn't get some development soon I'm going to rethink my opinion.

Why didn't Deku go to the gym?

For the most part, no. He's intended to be a subversive protagonist who's more of the thinking before acting kind of guy, based on his studying of peoples' quirks and attempting to work out ways to counter them. However this goes in contrast with his actual actions and ways of solving the problems he encounters. Basically, he's an attempt at a smart and subversive shonen protagonist but written by a dumb author.

In spite of his nature of mumbling and overanalyzing things, this doesn't show at all once he begins hero work. Once he obtains OfA, his entire thought process becomes how he can just power through any scenario since he has the ultimate god quirk. When he breaks his arms and his fingers, he doesn't realize that maybe this isn't such a good idea and has to be told by All Might that he can't handle that much power and is actively harming himself. He doesn't figure that out for himself, so he decides to do finger flicks which is still part of the problem rather than solving it, again trying to just power through instead of calmly looking for a better application for his powers. Muscular? Dude just punch harder. Overhaul? Dude just punch harder.

The moments when he applies his mind, though sparse, still feel incredibly cheap and simple, to the point that you'd think the others have to be bending over backwards to even consider the fact that what he was doing was in any way intelligent. Slowly accumulating mines to overtake Bakugo and Shoto? How could anyone not have noticed? It takes time to get those mines, and Deku, Bakugo, and Shoto aren't the only characters in the race (although they pretty much only are because Hori can't spread focus over many characters). Don't get me started on him figuring out he has legs. He still had to be told by All Might that he should try something else. His character changed little, too. At the start he was a reckless do-gooder crybaby. Now, he's still a reckless do-gooder crybaby. Overall a 4/10 for me.

I watched captain america recently and I could't stop thinking how similar it was to Deku, even that scene where captain america jumps on a grenade reminded me of when Deku ran to save Kachan

i woud say so, he is a cuck boi waiting for bakugo to fuck his girl

Attached: Jasper.gif (320x228, 1.78M)

Good post. I dislike Deku and the best arcs in MHA are the ones where he's not really present.

Are any shounen action MCs well-written characters?

i think you should go to sleep, no body cares about ur little feelings

>I dislike Deku and the best arcs in MHA are the ones where he's not really present.
>Sports Festival
>Stain
>Kamino

Attached: 1467044741909.jpg (579x480, 69K)

But Bakugou is an asexual permavirgin.

It's like a little cape

>RUBBER HEN
We were so close, lads

Attached: 1550638128270.jpg (252x290, 46K)

I don't think it's Deku being present that makes the arc bad, it's Deku being front and center in terms of character development that is bad.
>Sports Festival
Midoriya/Todoroki/Bakugo rivalry with a heavy focus on Shouto.
>Stain
Midoriya/Todoroki/Iida teamwork with a heavy focus on Iida getting over his brother's attack
>Kamino
All Might's final Battle. Bakugo's refusal of the villains. Deku is there but he's a supporting character to those two's massive development.

Basically, Deku works best when he's facilitating the development of other characters, not being focused on himself. He's basically already the perfect hero in terms of personality, while Bakugo, Shouto, Iida, Endeavor and even All Might have personality flaws. That's why Deku-centric arcs are bad, but arcs where Deku helps other people through their problems are good.

All those arcs were Deku centric dumbass since he's the main character. In fact the most divisiuve arc the series the Yakuza arc wasn't Deku centric at all.

He's front and center in all those arcs listed,

asspulls =/= good writing

if he turned into batman tho, that would be cool