Accel World

How much did the character design of the MC hurt it?

Attached: 38155.jpg (225x309, 47K)

It improved it.

Why was Cartman in an anime?

If I had to guess I'd say "a lot" given how usually the most successful shows are the ones with an MC who is at least at some level physically standard. They could have made him chubby like those girls in anime who claim to be fat but are actually just slightly thicker than the rest and shorter than average and it would have still mad the same kind of impact they wanted, not as extreme but with the right sort of direction they could still show he's got some sort of body image issues.
Basically they went too far with a cartoonish obese midget look when they could have gone for a slightly fatter and shorter than average look with some clever scenes to play out how he sees himself in his mind as the cartman mode instead and they would have increased their potential audience by a large margin.

Nice ant image

The anime made it worse, in the the light novel his design it's the same but taller, like an actual small guy and not the south park size he got.

Attached: Accel_World_v11_068.jpg (831x1200, 181K)

Not much its pretty garbage either way

Attached: C0F45520-E8E1-443E-BB04-D89F4AF74BB3.png (350x256, 120K)

A lot. The guy is chubby but he isn't cartman levels of small and fat.

Attached: 1387590175420.jpg (900x1100, 204K)

You know, the basic idea of the anime isn't a bad one but giving it to reki kawahara and he can manage to fuck up a wet dream. i mean the MC being that fucking small is a bit extreme but the whole thing had promise but the fucking moron could manage to fuck up a basic flesh light.

made it funnier tbhdesu

in terms of looks, the bigger problem was probably the girls being so average looking
a silly looking mc does not kill an anime by itself

I think the whole thing was generic and bad, but the MC's design was abysmal.

>he doesn't respect his AUTHORITAH

just like flcl!

We have a level 10 faggot alert in our hands

Attached: 2796D605-A0B5-46FD-BBD0-F7CAD4FB1A8B.gif (500x375, 1019K)

I avoid it at all costs because of it. It reeks of unabashed self-fulfillment. Then again it's not like I would've bought the bds if I liked it.

When I was reading the LN, I didn't care about his appearance, but the anime, no.

Is life really worth living?

Isn't that just his own perception of himself and he really is just a bit chubby and not that short?

Was obvious bait

Didn't it sell well? It's funny how people just can't handle a fat manlet MC. They act like it's a pathetic self-insert fantasy but fat people are rare in Japan and it builds on his insecurities, which is key to how the whole brain burst thing works. Meanwhile I've seen many say they prefer Kirito, who's about as blatant a self-insert fantasy as you can get. People don't want to self-insert into what they actually are, they want someone better themselves with a few relatable superficial flaws.

it would have been as popular as sao if the mc wasn't a fat fuck

isn't this the same nigga who did sword art online?

Fat manlet Yuki Kaiji was the least of the show's problem. The dumb as fuck plot and stupid girls were bigger issues for me.
Accel used to be the poster child for self-insert wish fulfillment, but it's been creeped by isekai. Silver Crow was still see as a mostly video game avatar rather than a living god.

If people on Yea Forums wanted to watch an anime with a fat mc they'd just look in the mirror

How about I piss on your face?

>isn't this the same nigga who did sword art online?
yes. set in the same universe as well

wow.. do you like meet kirito & asuna & stuff?

they are probably dead. it's set in the next century

flcl is dope nig

That's depressing to think about

>flcl is dope nig

thanks for the you my dude

Attached: C7C495F6-397A-4801-9B68-28DCA0D1A896.jpg (533x800, 55K)