Why do you read manga, Yea Forums?

Why do you read manga, Yea Forums?

Attached: CdQvwHKUEAEkcyp.jpg large.jpg (705x741, 73K)

Sumerian clay tablets

Because
Manga > American Comic

Same reason I read books and watch anime and play video games: for entertainment.

Because I like to see the source material, that's how it's intended to be viewed by the author. Most anime are just a badly produced advertisement

it's fun

Attached: 4.jpg.png (452x357, 119K)

When I was younger, inspiration and curiosity of a fresh new medium. Now that I'm old and slowly dying escapism.

Attached: 009.png (1260x1800, 753K)

You mean over anime? Because its the superior medium. It utilises the best aspects of visual and literary devices to bring out your imagination and fill in the blanks with your own pacing, voices and atmosphere. Why would I ever choose low budget 20 something minute manga commercials instead?

Attached: x23.png (822x1200, 651K)

Enjoyment and love

Attached: 4chan.png (750x1330, 225K)

many interesting stories

You mean Manga>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>American Comic

I like to look at pretty pictures.

Attached: a99d23f2f58d4a32f4f9e9e0ea814fe144c94188_1962968_2504_1797.png (2504x1797, 1.87M)

then why won't you post one for a change

Because sometimes i like to ruin things to myself by checking into the future, if manga is not enough i go for LN

escapism, why else?

I enjoy the demon design in this manga.

test

I like saving images. I probably have ~50 separate folders for individual series.

Attached: Zetman_v09c102p158.png (1020x1500, 494K)

With manga if I want to read for 5 minutes or 50 its much easier to jump in and out. There's also far more manga out there to choose from compared to anime, so I can enjoy a lot of different types of stories. I still watch anime as well, but 70% of my mongolian scripture is manga.

I only started doing it last year, so far i have 20 pages saved
It little but is growing

Non-superhero comics are better than manga though.

you are like babby
This is more than I thought. I only have ~4 comic folders so the grand total error is negligible but this is everything spread out through title then arc folder.

Attached: wew.jpg (172x170, 12K)

to escape my shitty life for a little bit. some stories can be inspiring and some give ideas on what I'd like my own life to be like in regards to friends or experiences.

What a stupid question.

It helps me resist the urge to kill myself.

Attached: 20190210_073644.png (477x625, 257K)

I can enjoy the story at my own pace and not an anime director/editor's pace.

Attached: x21.png (1021x1450, 706K)

I do the same. I prefer to read physical copies when I can, but even then I always end up looking up scans so I can save my favorite pages.

Attached: 0d1914015c9d136aa6b35c8f3ef345bb4c9b31b5_1525680_1687_1200.png (1687x1200, 1.46M)

i like pictures too

Attached: 6.jpg (853x2188, 435K)

I'm gonna beat you up

Attached: 1448217877702.jpg (590x417, 134K)

Because I don't like anime, especially TV, I can only tolerate movies and short these days.
I am at 25GB worth of pages, anyone more?

Attached: Marie.V01.Ch04.140.png (941x1400, 208K)

How do you decide which manga to purchase/read, Yea Forums?

Attached: CDwJ_DLUIAAaQWa.jpg large.jpg (996x761, 106K)

If it has my waifu

Is it acceptable to start a series simply because you liked the character design without knowing anything else?

Attached: 50425258_p9.jpg (478x850, 100K)

It's just a medium for stories. I haven't been reading much manga recently (watching more original anime) but I feel like getting back into it at some point soon.

I think reading for the art style in general is fine, I just don't go in expecting much.

Avoiding life and/or Western media.

Name?

Has anyone been having trouble downloading from goddess or is it just my shit internet connections?

Unironically more and more normies are getting into anime because western media is causing them depression with the shitty propaganda

I love manga more because i can speed read if I want to, and just in general I consume the information faster, and most importantly I can listen to music while doing it.

Soloist of the prison

I used to like the stories but recently I'm losing interest in the media, I feel like there is not variety in how the artists express their ideas.

Because I can read at my own pace. I don't have the attention span for anime anymore, I only read manga and play anime-like video games.

I like making shitty collages and it's easier to do that with manga. it's also comfier than anime

Attached: 1547695021246.png (437x222, 19K)

I like comics, are they from west or asia. I would like to try drawing myself, but I never botheted to learn.
I see it as interesting phenomena. I think because in Japan anime and manga are still more of a subculture, unlike in west where there is attempt to reach wider audience.

How do you look for new reading material, Yea Forums?

Attached: CG0sgbIVIAA_kwY.png large.png (542x755, 271K)

Because some times these jap retards won't make another season of the anime and i need to know what happens next.

They had a kinokuniya in town. They sold ecchi manga.

I just like the creativity of the stories. Its all really inspiring.

Because I really enjoy thinking about the worlds the authors made and how they work.
Reading at my own pace instead of watching anime for 20~24 minutes is also a huge plus.

Faster than watching anime. Got less time with with jobs and stuff.

I unironically watch youtube videos for manga recs. Any time a youtuber talks about it I'll take a note or google it and start reading.

based slimeposting
for me its manga>>>>anime by a longshot. havent watched anime in years.

Attached: metal-slime.png (721x1140, 270K)

i lurk

Attached: thanks.jpg (693x412, 48K)

Mostly via lurking Yea Forums. A lot of the ones I ended up picking up came from offhand comments in manga threads that weren’t even about it.
Recently I stumbled upon Otoyomegatari after browsing through the Comedy tag on mangadex. Wasn’t what I expected but I’m so glad I gave it a look because it’s great.

Yea Forums, mangadex, bakaupdates, favorite artists, genres. It's not that hard, you know.

Lower barrier to entry than anime means there's way more variety and it can be made for more mature audiences without suffering.

Attached: Gisele_Alain_v05_c25_[Maigo].zip-Gisele_Alain_v05_c25_[Maigo]-Gisele_c25_22-23.png (2583x1850, 2.45M)

Anyone who thinks of their own opinion as being good enough to put in a video isn't worth listening to user.

mangadex, look whats popular in last 6 / 24 / 7 days, also filter by rating. i normally don't even bother with romance manga but i ended up reading Jumyou wo Kaitotte Moratta. Ichinen ni Tsuki, Ichimanen de and liked it way more than i thought i would have. only thing i don't like is i can't filter out manhua on mangadex, but you can usually tell its manhua by the title "chingping dynasty clash of the ultimate emperor"

Because I like romance slice of life targeted to a male audience!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Don't think I've ever seen this sort of media until manga and anime, always thought romance was like a girls thing but I was WRONG. I choose manga though because its so much easier to drop and pick up.

What's popular on MDex, or whatever's new that catches my eye on there.

Someone please help Mieruko-chan...

Sometimes, when I like a picture too much, I try to copy it onto my sketchbook. Sometimes I make something decent, usually I fuck up.

faster, more entertaining, better story boarding, better written.

mostly Yea Forums ,usually OPTs, if I like the manga I'll look up the author's other stuff or recommendations based on the manga.

Attached: 1525195222055.png (1456x1031, 2.8M)

It has to be new and original. I despise cliches so if there are many cliche female characters then I discard it.

easier to digest than a book
different from hero comics
the ones I read don't have adaptations

just to suffer

Do you find it necessary to experience the animated work, spin off and/or movies of the series you have read, Yea Forums?

Attached: 50425258_p5.jpg (694x778, 147K)

Not really, they are just extras for me. I'll watch them if I feel like I want more of the series.

>reading manga
For what purpose? Just wait for anime adaptation. All the good shit is getting adopted at some point.
Reading is boring and gay.

same

Attached: 0001-005.png (2208x1600, 1.24M)

No. I just like to read stories.

good taste by the way user, girl from the other side is hands down my favourite series