This probably comes up a lot, but why is S a higher rank than A in Japan?

This probably comes up a lot, but why is S a higher rank than A in Japan?

Attached: Haters Gonna Hate.webm (852x480, 168K)

S is for super.

>in japan

are you fucking retarded user

It was created to give people the motivation to reach for even better grades.

S is for SSStylish

A means you're at the peak of what's expected in a determinated area. S is going beyond, to be exceptional or to have a unique talent that sets you apart even from other experts. It can mean Super or Special.

Attached: NanohaAdult.jpg (480x640, 58K)

u rike?

Attached: raffs.png (1280x1462, 2.36M)

Have you never heard the joke about asian parents and grades? A rank is 'average', B rank is 'bad', and so on.

S ranks just defy the conventional grading, doesn't mean they are necessarily stronger than an average A-rank

If an S defies conventional grading, wouldn't it mean that they can potentially shatter anything in the scale, even A?

Maybe originally in whatever system/story/game first started using S ranks, but it's since become an obviously superior rank to A, with the connotation ranging from a simple step above to far beyond the normal ranks

And then we have EX rank.

G < F < E< D < C < B < A < S < SS < SSS < EX < EX+
whats the next rank after that?

>mfw S rank dick

Attached: 1545782548183.gif (250x245, 89K)

I'm sorry, but condom sizes don't use that scale, user

>S rank dick
S for small i guess

H

Why not just make A harder and not add extra stuff atop it?

Ω

Only the power of asspulls can beat EX+

mine is BBC rank

Maybe A-ranks are just high powered jobbers

S for shu(秀) which means excellent in japanese

way to ruin the joke you dumbass

CHADFORCE ASSEMBLE

Attached: da0.gif (200x185, 753K)

GEX+, followed by FEX+, and so on.

That's basically what it comes down to a lot of the time these days. Lots of gacha have their rare, desired characters at S, SS, and SSS rank and might not even have an A rank. Osu! grades your play based on accuracy and some thresholds, and getting a mere A rank on anything but the the very hardest maps is really shit. S has become the standard