What will anime art style in the 2020s look like?

what will anime art style in the 2020s look like?

Attached: artstyle.jpg (564x799, 101K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=0CJeDetA45Q
anilist.co/user/Jiur/animelist/Completed
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Attached: proxy.duckduckgo.jpg (474x866, 45K)

All cute and would marry.

Attached: 1a0f7f77bb962df5d835e9fbbf96abe61543236581_full.jpg (640x640, 184K)

apparently anime girls will have no nose

Attached: 1535044821222.jpg (1000x600, 122K)

I am very ok with this.

Outlines are improving and digital effect thingy for shading they use computer like hair in pic related or what they do in Mob with the skin.

Attached: Comic Girls 01 (1).png (1280x720, 783K)

3d

Probably CG.

80's and 90's: soul
00's: soulless
10's: some soul

Only one solution left.

Attached: Join today.jpg (1328x1884, 1.31M)

2000s > 2010s > 90s > 80s

Attached: Shana dance.gif (400x249, 211K)

Attached: bang_dream_3d.jpg (1920x1080, 201K)

Noses got extinct. Everyone is a kuririn now.

Mostly like what it does now, only with improved and more available digital processing.

You can clearly see their noses though

Kill yourself, nostalgiafag.

nostalgiafags are all the boomers who suck the 80s and 90s dicks.

CGI spheres. Cute roundest balls with eyes.

>2010s > 90s > 80s
>nostalgiafag
I don't think you understand how the crocodile mouth works

Unironically more western-ish like pic related.

Attached: mob psycho 100.jpg (1280x720, 227K)

Attached: 08.jpg (1200x1694, 427K)

swap 2010s with 90s and you good

I want to procreate with 00's

2000s > 90s > 80s >>>>>>>>> 2010s
I fucking hate the moeblob shit anime has turned into.
Prime example. You have to have a micropenis or pencil dick to enjoy this.

>mob
>western style
>posts art that embodies neither

>This retarded
I hope you're trolling

In an ideal future. But lets face it, it's not going to happen.

youtube.com/watch?v=0CJeDetA45Q

Attached: images.jpg (273x185, 9K)

>western-ish

Attached: 1543397788935.jpg (978x700, 362K)

Why does digital shit look so ugly?

It's honestly embarrassing when some underage turbo weebs who never leave Yea Forums feel the need to post their opinions about shit they have absolutely knowledge of.

Mob is incredibly western art inspired and the cinematography is straight out of hollywood.

CG

Kyoani are doing the part in saving anime.

>Mob
>cinematography is straight out of hollywood
That's not Kyoukai.

Proofs?

>and the cinematography is straight out of hollywood.
not either of them, i've seen mob and it's not like this. Also you need to go back to the kiddie board, Yea Forumsnigger.

I seriously fucking hate this claydoll potato smooth shit.

i feel physically sick

Attached: 1551125790274.jpg (236x236, 12K)

Wow, the 2000s and '90s looks absolutely disgusting

Attached: Pain.jpg (720x408, 31K)

Anime won't ever go full CG

If anime hasn't gone full CG or even 30% CG in the last 10 years then it never will. 3D western cartoons have made up a large portion of the market for over 15 years now.

>implying you know the first thing about the master, coverage or the overlapping and triple take methods
kill yourself you worthless piece of shit

Are you sure? Mechanical and background animation are almost completely dead. Only Bones and Kyoani have been doing on a regular basis recently. Even Sunrise said they were quitting mecha recently, i don't know what to think. Because 3DCG shit exists they don't need traditional animation any more. The inherent bias towards using it will slowly kill 2D. I fear a future where the only 2D will be cheap vector/flash shit like the west.

Yes I'm sure. CG isn't some inevitable part of technological progression.

Usually the next generation doesn't build and study upon the mediocre works. They study and build upon the stuff they like the the best works.
Regardless if you like the things I'm about to list or not, these are some of the sources younger generations of animators are studying and building upon.
>Makoto shinkai
>kyoani
>trigger ( especially yoh yoshinari)
>old mech shows ( there's an increasing movement of young animators drawing from older mech shows rather than the moe aesthetics)

On top of that, the newer generation is a lot more savvy in digital, for better or for worse, and it will effect the kind of works they produce. That being said you are not gonna see a huge rush of switching to pure digital tablet anytime soon like you've seen in the 2000s with the switch to digital. Nothing is threatening the production of pencil and paper anime like how the rug was pulled beneath cels.

There's also as always more and more otaku's trying to make cuter further from life more starile girls so you are really gonna see a heavy divide here

There's gonna be some anime that are trying to be as sterile and as blend as possible, and some anime that will try to go full 1990s. the middle ground will probably be pretty nice, but that all depends on how much of each side is actually gonna be.

Hopefully with people using digital colors for the past 20 years the coloring will start really hitting it off and looking nice all around.

That's my prediction

S-Source?

Fuck off

Attached: Fuck you A-1.jpg (2417x1984, 659K)

>all that cancer in one image
terrifying

The 2010s style of minimalist circle shading was the worst. It only looked good on a select few shows like Dagashi Kashi.

>Sailor Moon

As if the people this is aimed at would named SM instead of DBZ and Naruto.

It is not saying that all anime look same even during certain time, but what is the defining style.

Look at early FMA, you can see that Arakawa learned her style studying 90's series, characters were angular compaired to later in the series.

Yotsuba is another, in early chapters she looks more like straight out from Azumanga.

Of course this shows artists developing their skills but as new artists appear they study in their works what they find appealing and it leads to certain feataures be defining of that time.

>kyoani
There might still be some hope for the future of anime then.

Attached: 834092385423032854094834.webm (704x380, 2.45M)

not even trying anymore eh japan?
most of those still have disproportionate ayy lmao bug eyes, you fucked up.

Are you hating on Hisomaso's character designs?

Low budget abstract art.

Attached: Episode 278.png (356x480, 5K)

Something like this because it's cheap af.

Attached: be-cool-scoobyjpg.jpg (1300x650, 72K)

>you yoshinari
>old mecha anime
I hope you’re right. I’m trying to get into animation and these are my biggest influences. If I ever manage to produce my own content, this is exactly the style i’d be going for.

>shitty western faces with the same copy pasted circle eyes
Why? Why does every single fucking western animation do this? For over a decade now it seems like every western cartoon can’t come up with anything other than the same godamn simpsons/family guy ripoffs. Those stupid googly eyes trigger me so much now I immediately lose interest in any cartoon that uses them.

Either characters becomes more euro looking, or we get the annoying cg look becoming mainstream

Because it's cheap, that's what I said.

>ayy lmao bug eyes
That's normal for most cartoons in general.

I've noticed more and more animators being influenced by those two in particular, and stating that online as well as trying to emulate their style.

It makes sense. Where in the 2000s you had the industry flooded with otakus who want more anime centered around the girls they liked, now when there's a lack the newbies want to see something they didn't get to experience.
It also makes sense because both of those are really good.

Cool to see another animator here. Godspeed in your endeavors.

everything will be CGI.

Can't wait for Yea Forums to bitch and moan about it. The transition is already happening.

Ah, I see we are aiming at a good end

What's Western about it, please explain.

Attached: m.png (1280x720, 905K)

Where did everything go so right?

t. passive garbage eater

>cancer
>LoGH
you should have died in the Westerland massacre

>defending gayshit
yikes

is gonna be bad
like anime
becuse anime IS BAD

90s and 2000s were the best

I'd unironically watch it.

>probably watching shounenshit right now
yikes

The shape of the 10s + the shading of the 80s + the nose of the 90's is peak combo.

Is this the de facto style response of the mentally ill? I watch more anime than you do spic.

>2030
>anime goes full CalArts.

Attached: 51b65954-898c-4732-ad53-2d4626a4ab37.sized-1000x1000.png (800x450, 554K)

Best artstyle to this date.

Change My Mind

Attached: 1_9eBIa3TIesDWbbUhw-t3ng.jpg (1920x1080, 227K)

>implying

Attached: Capture.png (406x471, 13K)

> this actually happens because crunchyroll makes high guardian spice and it becomes successful
worst timeline

Attached: 1481370950699.png (500x411, 247K)

im not the guy youre responding to , but do you think that is a lot ?

I feel like 90s has better shape than 10s too. At least as that image displays it.

Why would I want to change your mind? It's the diamond standard, that's pretty much as good as anime gets.

honestly not really, but probably more than people on r/anime

>I feel like 90s has better shape than 10s too. At least as that image displays it.
I don't like the eyes and hair.

>ooga booga you surely watch shit
>booga Hooga you surely watch this other shit
>hurr hurr I waste more time than you
>Durr Durr not true I love chinese cartoons
.67 mean score

Is this how Subhumans interact?

>249
I've seen over a 1000 anime and there are people here who've seen more than me. I'm forcing myself to watch over half the fucking shows this season.(and only a couple of those are even decent)

Attached: 329852985439045.jpg (625x625, 117K)

this is Yea Forums, what do you expect mongolioid

also those are both me

i was actually mainly referring to the jaw but i see your point

fuck you

Ideal

Attached: .jpg (1154x768, 122K)

cute anime girl 2019

mob psycho style is the way to go

Attached: FB_IMG_1551206499051.jpg (552x309, 19K)

im at 800 watched myself and im watching and enjoying 18 more this season

90's looks seriously horrible.

>poorly drawn
nah

so harsh on the eyes it makes asagiri-san cry

Attached: FB_IMG_1551206634232.jpg (552x310, 9K)

>poorly drawn
>actually has a well defined and proportionate nose

choose one

I'd love to see more like pic related.
Anime was shit, but had some of the best character designs I've seen this decade.

Attached: kabuneri.jpg (1680x1050, 129K)

Because it was done by a designer who's heyday was the 80s.

Attached: ba823e3fb1850a3734d703cae2e525ab.jpg (1280x1280, 238K)

Late 90s and Early 00s artstyle is my favourite

Attached: Sword_Art_Online_ME02_024-025.jpg (1857x1300, 1.24M)

when shit-tier anime has god-tier art design

Attached: nozomi-ent-lucky-penny-gundam-wing-endless-waltz-d.jpg (703x1000, 113K)

They didn't work very well in animation.

Huh? I dropped the show half way through, but I don't remember a problem.

Attached: U0AocTZ.gif (640x360, 3.18M)

not him, how?

You people sound like human garbage disposals that just consume as much garbage as you can. You're lucky if there's even one good show a season, I don't know how you can watch everything that releases every season without wanting to kill yourself.

Attached: 1550798064431.webm (429x592, 456K)

fpbp and wp too.

Mob's style doesn't look good, it's just never used. This is coming from a huge fan of the show.

It's a miracle mob is so nice to look at when the character designs are so ugly.

im not a jaded bitter asshole like you so im capable of enjoying nearly everything i watch
i also dont go out of my way to watch things i know i wont like
i rate based on enjoyment , not "objective quality"

Attached: hN0ythK.png (464x308, 7K)

I've been putting off that show for months now, because i fear it will "gold plate" my eyes and make every other show look like shit and ruin anime for weeks until my brain adjusts back to shitty standards.

Shhh. let them argue man. It's kinda funny.
They aren't even named so they are literally bragging to no one. This is the best part of a, dorks fighting over who watched more.
Sit back and enjoy

>hurr durr spic

its usually the most beta white fags the one using spiic as an isult

You're fooling nobody samefag nigger

If you think that'll do it to ya never watch the trailer kyoani released on youtube. It's even more insane looking than the show.

The point is that you're not using half the scale, making it useless. You need to recalibrate what level of enjoyment you match to numbers to get a better spread. Remember, 6 mean above average.

>im capable of enjoying nearly everything i watch
So you admit you love to consume shit

That's because it's very visually consistent and because it has above average production values. There no corner cutting so virtually no CG, everything that can be hand drawn is. The only cgshit in the show is used as bonus for some special effects. Backgrounds are all hand pained as they should be, characters are hand drawn as they should be so there is no visual clashing.

Thx for the warning.

at both of us then pussy. I dare you. I'll screencap the I's. I fucking dare you faggot, do it. Do it. I bet you fucking won't pussy.

>Late 90s and Early 00s
>SAO
Lul

Attached: 1447566774377.jpg (381x365, 16K)

I know right? I love the show and want to recommend it to my friends and family but it's hard to because i feel it will spoil anime as a medium for them. Once they've seen the best nothing will impress them anymore.

Attached: 8293798350292354.webm (800x450, 1.58M)

These designs were at least pre-2008. The very first draft of the first volume of SAO was written back in 2001

Attached: Sword_Art_Online_ME02_026-027 (1).jpg (1867x1300, 1.13M)

Season 2 of girls last tour's looking great!

Attached: tkmiz.jpg (400x400, 30K)

>actually thinking this
Holy fuck, if you're going to wank over generic kyoani artstyle, at least do it over something good like Koe no Katachi.

if this was a 1-5 scale , 3 ( 7) would be "average" 4 (8-9) would be good and 5 (10) would be a masterpiece

one mans trash is another mans treasure , just because you dislike something doesnt mean i will as well

i watch anime to pass the time anyway
anilist.co/user/Jiur/animelist/Completed

It's the best style in existence. "Generic" doesn't mean anything.

VEG was boring as shit but it sure looked fantastic

This looks better than Koe though. Just fucking look at it, it's more detailed.

Attached: 30989523878979250345.webm (1920x1080, 2.97M)

I'm not the guy who responded to you, I don't like sao, but I gotta say these designs look really nice. a million times better than the show... 2001 though... wasn't A1 made in 2008? Where was being planned for if not for a1? was there a company who tried making it before A1?

>generic kyoani artstyle
The term is classical you subhuman.

>if this was a 1-5 scale , 3 ( 7) would be "average"
This is amazingly retarded. It's a scale with 10 options, 5-6 is literally average, there's no arguing about that
>3 (7)
>3 (7)
What are you even saying?

Since when does Koe no shit look better than this?

Attached: 23847598235490823.png (1920x1080, 2.23M)

what i meant to say is that on a 1-5 scale a 3 would be equivalent to a 7 on a 1-10 scale , but yeah i guess i got that wrong sorry
i guess i just enjoy most anime "above averagely"

>249 anime
dude, that's like entry level/first year watching anime

Kyoani's, more specifically Violet Evergarden's, style is the best and your incessant bitching wont change that. It's the best thing they've ever done, just look how amazing this is. Classical anime is the best kind of anime.

Attached: 293829583409834.png (1920x1080, 2.2M)

This is obviously bait but I'm going to take it anyway... The animation was a masterpiece. It is a shame that it got wasted in a shit story, but that doesn't take away the fact that the animation for that show was fucking AMAZING

>The animation was a masterpiece.
This. Ignore the nigger.

Dumbcunt-kun, SAO is early 00s

>first year watching anime
While I agree it isn't a great amount to show off it'd take watching 8.5 episodes a day to get to the amount he has in a year.

Attached: Everything.jpg (545x391, 43K)

What is the evolutionary benefit of anime girls losing their noses?

God imagine how much ramen cups and cum crusted dakimakuras those losers have. These guys are probably in their 20s, maybe even 30s arguing online on who watched more anime, not even with their names attached, but under complete anonymity.

This is great. I love the internet. don't let me stop you, boys.

Attached: michaeljackpop.gif (267x200, 366K)

Kyoani's style isn't made for mentally retarded niggers like you.

You lose the random scribbles all over your face by trading in your nose.

IMAGINE a lesbian kissing scene with her and Bioretto

Increased cuteness.

Attached: cute.jpg (485x378, 35K)

i dont eat ramen / pot noodles
i also dont have a daki because i cant sleep when im hugging stuff

as for cum i eat it, i nut into a onions sauce tasting dish and lick , saves on tissues , good for the environment and all that

Imagine having the need to have a name to post your opinions on the fucking INTERNET

SAO is a fluke man. Even as a SAOfag I can admit this since the only reason why it exists is because of Kazuma Miki's psychic shit in predicting what will become huge. It was originally written in 2001 for the Dengeki Bunko contest but got rejected because it was too long. So Kawahara published it online on his website. Didn't think it'd do all that well, he just wrote it for fun and ran from 2002 till 2008. Feeling more confident in writing, he submitted a draft for Accel World which was also based on an ongoing Web Novel he has and eventually won the grand prize which subsequently got it published.

To my knowledge no other producer really knew or wanted it before Dengeki Bunko's Miki decided "Dude, publish this too. Guaranteed it'll catch fire in 2010s."

Pic related is Kuroyukihime's WN design back in 2000s

Attached: 1539330184098.jpg (250x352, 61K)

For me, it's twinks on heels.

Attached: angery librarian.png (827x898, 850K)

>it'd take watching 8.5 episodes a day to get to the amount he has in a year
Exactly, entry level

BASED
I respect that

Attached: tumblr_nhsttndz4c1t329aoo1_500.gif (500x278, 1.83M)

Drawn by Kawahara

Attached: 1539330245264.jpg (250x340, 53K)

Imagine coming to a Barbary slave market to flex, but practically just doxing yourself.

What I actually expect to see is even more use of 3DCG.

It won't, the good artwork is often ruined by ugly filters that make it look blurred, low contrast and washed out while the anime largely disappoints in other major areas like most characters being squandered (except Violet herself), plot and worldbuilding. It's not bad overall and you probably won't regret watching it but overall it leaves you with a feeling that much more could have been done, wasted potential basically.

Attached: Kouya no Kotobuki Hikoutai S01E07.mkv_snapshot_01.03.266.png (1920x1080, 1.77M)

That's really interesting
Is the original manga worth it.
I watched an episode of sao in 2015 and thought it was just kinda boring, is the manga something fantastic and worth reading or is it more of the same?

I wouldn't bother if you didn't like it honestly. For me, the biggest meat in SAO is finding out the shit loads of Side Stories and those that were never published officially. Like there's so much lore to be found in those didn't make it because it was cut or it didn't fit in that well.

Attached: Sword_Art_Online_ME02_029.jpg (906x1300, 651K)

>Agil was a Giganigga barbarian Jew in the WN
What the fuck why'd they change it?

I see
Thanks for the heads up.

>That very 90s artsyle
>That exaggerated hime cut and impossibly long hair
Kawahara should've been a mangaka. What a huge fucking waste to see these character designs go.

>that make it look blurred, low contrast and washed out
I generally agree but the CG lighting tends to make the bright scenes look better, like during the flashback with the brooch on ep1. It also looks really good here and contributes to creating an entrancing atmosphere. It works because everything that can be hand drawn, in this cut, is and the CG is just a bonus.(so NOT used to save money)

Attached: 5928928109284290183.webm (704x396, 2.55M)

>Old anime people that actually looks believably old yet graceful
Love KyoAni for doing this. I hate when anime treat old folks like either a joke or something to have pity on.

It may be generic but is the pinnacle of anything KyoAni has done to date.

Survival of the cutest.

I think my biggest issues with VEG were some of the shots of towns at night. Contrast was so low and the images were so washed out that it looked quite unnatural, like you had the wrong brightness/contrast settings on your screen. No idea why they would do that.

It's too pretty ya know? Sparkle sparkle

Attached: 1544206608668.jpg (638x392, 106K)

Yea, that is a fair point. I do agree with that.

>Random scribbles
Watch out son, you might make me take out my red liner

>it looks too good
not him, that's a good thing. get some taste

I hate this twitter meme.
It doesn't represent anything
It was draw by one person.

The image is trash, best ignore it. just focus on the question.

>sparkle sparkle
Jump off a bridge

I don't want to hate too much, but
>original manga
> is the manga something fantastic and worth reading
AM I ON Yea Forums(NEL) OR IN YOUTUBE COMMENT SECTION

we must physically kill everyone who likes post-95 artstyles

It's going to be 3DCG and it will be glorious.

Attached: [HorribleSubs] Frame Arms Girl - 04 [720p].mkv_snapshot_20.53_[2017.04.25_04.54.18].jpg (1280x720, 472K)

drink bleach, discord trannie

It will be cancer and you are disgusting traitor.

Attached: CGshit vs Anime Style.jpg (1280x2519, 498K)

they look autistic

FAGs are autistic. Frame Arms Girl is about a single, teenage mother living on welfare checks raising six autistic miniature robot little girls and making them beat the crap out of each other for cheap voyeur bucks on the Internet.

Attached: Autistic little robot girl copies her mother.webm (1280x720, 761K)

>being a disgusting newfag
>being a cancerous shit eater

Attached: 28954537584938205934.jpg (1280x720, 75K)

not him but FAG was alright
it was cute and thats all that matters to me

This user is right. Anime will become cheaper to make which will lead to more anime being made and more innovative ideas that would have never gotten any sponser being realized.
It's the best possible outcome.

Attached: [seiya] Tesagure! - 09 [720p] [CR].mkv_snapshot_01.54_[2019.01.09_08.35.16].png (1280x720, 639K)

>cute
It was fucking ugly and depressing. Those inept dogs can't anime their mechanics properly like this. Worthless bastards.

>all that matters to me
t. scum dragging down this medium

Attached: 219`0128492380454.webm (960x540, 2.8M)

>mean scores are 8 and almost 10
You are cancer.

Brain-dead retard kun, quantity over quality is bad. That's why anime in recent years has been so cheap and shitty.

>which will lead to more anime being made and more innovative ideas that would have never gotten any sponser being realized
Take that shit you just pulled out of your ass and shove it back up there.

>It's the best possible outcome.
Get your brain checked for fungus.

>being a triggernigger that can't appreciate how important 3DCG will be in the years to come

Attached: Case of the lil robit tism.webm (706x720, 2.09M)

3DCG actually worked well for FAGs as they are literally plamo.

3DCG shit isn't anime, it's a fucking cancer.

i mean im an illegal pirate so i have absolutely no effect on "the medium"

and it was cute to me , atleast it didnt bust out the DUDE LOL ALIENS plot like literally every single trigger show

How sperg? How will this shitty imitation garbage be "important"? It's not going to do anything but aid greedy corporations like kusokawa.

>wishful thinking
it was fucking trash. i can't believe the extreme lengths retards will go to defend garbage

You can cry and kick all you want but Kemurikusa is the best selling show this season.
You can stay a contrarian your entire life but Japan seems to prefer CG.

>atleast it didnt bust out the DUDE LOL ALIENS plot
>implying
Franxx was way more entertaining than FAGs which was especially due to it's better production quality. Oh and the battle against the aliens was the best part.

>Japan seems to prefer CG
>it's literally one guy buying them
Faggot please, i'm glad. Fuck kusokawa, they're partly responsible for this industry being in the shit state that it is. They refuse to pay actual animators properly which results in cg being used instead. They are fucking scum.

>Franxx was entertaining
>it's literally one guy buying them
The absolute state of anti-CGfags. This can't be real, this has to be bait.

Attached: 1540930026073.png (180x285, 75K)

>triggernigger
>forcing studiofaggotry
>cgshit apologist

Attached: 209842093820934.jpg (1280x720, 181K)

>anti-CGfags
What's this supposed to mean? It's a literal cancer. The industry is biased towards using that garbage which makes it my duty to shit on it. It's not real anime, it's a cheap cancerous imitation that is forced as a replacement for real anime.

>the state of the cg apologist in the thread
>making excuses for cancer
you're so fucking pathetic. i like FAGs but i do NOT like garbage

Attached: 1893798242843.jpg (547x593, 75K)

>I decide what is real anime and what isn't
>not the industry, not Japan, not the people buying BDs
>but I, some shitposter on a nigerian water trading forum

Attached: 1502287664734.jpg (679x711, 76K)

noses slowly decay

>pretending to be retarded
Filthy traitor. Here's your (You) that you want so badly. Anime is traditionally 2d, it's a medium known and loved for that.

Attached: 8329758293579384.gif (400x225, 1.58M)

If they switch to motion caption we could get a lot more animation at least. We'd not need another situation like the episode of Tesagure that was just stills.
It could also lead to more native HD anime with higher FPS.

Attached: [HorribleSubs] Virtual-san wa Miteiru - 03 [1080p].webm (1280x720, 2.94M)

Miki is a lunatic and he's predicting a resurgence of mid 2000s sci fy school romcoms and I'm completely on board.

I hope you realize these are all moe. Non-moe doesn't look like this.

>It could also lead to more native HD anime
If more studio's adapted Kyoani's model then you wouldn't need CG for that.

>with higher FPS
>wanting more shit
You do realise anime run at lower frame rates on purpose? It's a stylistic choice and it looks better. Why does motion need to be realistic?

Where the fuck do traditional anime haters like you come from?

Attached: 5892354902823025934.webm (500x282, 2.93M)

>>Where the fuck do traditional anime haters like you come from?
Is it that hard to believe some people can like both? There was no hate for traditional anime in that post, just thoughts of the possibilities for future anime.

>it's a medium known and loved for that
Tell that the people buying Kemurikusa BDs.

That doesn't change what i've said. Anime is recognised around the world as being that 2d Japanese style.

I only rate what I consider to be among the best anime has to offer, and I always give them a ten. Why waste my time sifting through forgettable shit? If it isn't good I drop it anyway. Most people with thousands of shows on their list are just brainless retards who sift through shit 24/7 because they like to see the numbers grow big

Attached: 1446045769284.png (600x578, 347K)

post 2020's anime predictions

The fate franchise is gonna crash and burn
Isekai gets replaced comedy harems and mobage adaptions
Mecha is gonna get a huge resurgence
Cygames makes the greatest anime of all time
Toku animes become more common
Netfilx will make a ultra cringey progressive anime that will be shitposted to death in Yea Forums
Kyoani makes an anime that no one understands
Many older animes will get remakes

Attached: 1550032004640.png (659x660, 507K)

>The fate franchise is gonna crash and burn

Attached: 1491711048677.png (609x779, 368K)

replaced by

100% shitty cell shading.
You know it'll happen.

Dropped in 1 episode.

Try reporting that Kotobuki thread with 400 replies and see how true your theory is.

>incredibly western art inspired
It's incredibly "ONE can't really draw for shit unless he spends forever on a single panel" inspired.

>this is what anime has become
Anime is meant to be art, it's meant to look good, like attached image. It's not meant to look like a shitty PS2 game.

Attached: 723478923749824.png (1920x1080, 2.46M)

>Netfilx will make a ultra cringey progressive anime that will be shitposted to death in Yea Forums
I assume they'll wait to see how the CR one does. Assuming that tanks I doubt anyone would want to follow suit.
In their case it doesn't matter as much anyway as they aren't supposed to be exclusively an anime platform.

Potato

Attached: pyzdfr.jpg (1920x1080, 242K)

>HA HA TIME TO DROP TWO MORE NUKES

>implying the moderation that would rather delete loli threads is good for anything
This doesn't change the fact that anime is a traditionally 2D medium.

Attached: 8923720943820984.png (4000x4000, 84K)

>Mecha is gonna get a huge resurgence
who's going to animate this shit? the animators are dead

>Toku animes
>animes

1. Anime begins to run out of decent source material, so there will be more reboots and seasons of existing franchise. There are already signs of that.
2. Population shrinkage crashes a lot of anime studios because no buyers and no talent for hire.
3. China will steamroll Japan on anime market because they have massive amount of untapped source and will produce more than Japan did.
4. The Game

China censors anime
Anime gets another crash, but this time it's the big one

>several CG anime related threads with over 100 posters each
>mods do not delete a single one
>but somehow all these people and the whole anime industry is wrong and you are the only person in the entire world that truly knows what anime is

Attached: 1539915597984.jpg (347x542, 38K)

No noses? Then how will they smell?

Time to sign off, traitor.

Attached: 38231042342903458.jpg (1000x563, 141K)

Snakes use their tongue to smell.

>whitey thinks he is superior
Laughable.

Clearly that poster has serious mental deficiency. CGshit by nature is the typical animation. It's not currently the standard in Japan but it will become that unless people actively prevent it. Traditional animation only gets made when someone cares and goes out of their way to do so, 2D will naturally become a niche or die unless we actively say we want it. Let me explain the logic to you. The is an inherent bias towards using cgshit as in 99.99% of situations it's cheaper and easier to use, hence naturally it will become the standard. If people are passive it will become the standard, companies are out to maximise profits of course. You as the consumer need to be biased against that shit to counteract the inherent bias towards it. Understand? That is if you even care about them equally and don't have a preference to traditional. This should be fucking common sense, i shouldn't need to fucking tell you this.

Make sure you've read over my post carefully.

I will stop watching anime if it looks as bad as prior 2000.

Attached: 1551114016580.jpg (250x250, 6K)

>You as the consumer
Consuming it doesn't mean I'm paying for it. They shouldn't give a fuck what we think.

Attached: 1501697741384.jpg (1920x1080, 547K)

I knew from the thumbnail that whatever the picture said, you were gonna get smashed for it.

Attached: 6w1wcq425k121.jpg (1024x629, 90K)

Minimalistic shading.

Attached: [Some-Stuffs]_Pocket_Monsters_Sun_&_Moon_90_[0425B5DC].mkv_snapshot_20.07_[2018.11.25_21.35.03]. (1280x720, 362K)

Okay you're not paying for it but did you actually understand what i said? It's our duty to campaign against that shit.

i really hope it's not this. this is what made the 2010s painful

Regardless of whether we pay for anything or not I doubt they'll care what we think if the Japs like it.
How would you even consider doing any campaign? Some online posts whining in English won't change a thing and us boycotting it wouldn't matter when it just loses the torrents a few downloads.
I'd rather Western influence stays as minimal as possible. If we could influence this it'd suggest other fags could also try and influence the loli and ecchi content in shows.

>that
>a lot

Attached: 1537892332770.jpg (674x674, 74K)

>How would you even consider doing any campaign?
More crowdfunding OVAs. Make sure studio's have the money to pay for actual animators and backgound artists and don't have to resort to CG. Stuff like the Animator Dormitory Project helps. Spread awareness of exactly what i'm saying. If more people understood this stuff we could make a positive change. We can show that we care about traditional anime.

>I doubt they'll care what we think if the Japs like it
Most japs don't care about whether it's 2d or 3d and the ones that do overwhelmingly prefer 2d. Some anime sold well and some anime sold shit long before 3DCG existed. Most of these plebs don't care about audiovisuals at all, that's the truth of it.

The Yuru Yuri OVA crowdfunding showed it's possible to raise a lot of money, but that required a dedicated fanbase already.
I doubt I'd want to put money down on something vague like that dormitory project when the end result could be something in a genre I don't even like. No amount of good animation could make up for that.
This is why I don't really mind the quantity over quality we currently have. No amount of visual quality could make up for a show I find shit, either due to plot or characters. For example despite liking similar shows I didn't like Hibike and no amount of visuals could change that.

>This is why I don't really mind the quantity over quality we currently have.
There's too much shit coming out right now, too much to watch. We're overproducing. Also quality over quantity is about carefully picking good sources to adapt and not simply making lots of cheap manga/LN ads.

>I'm forcing myself to watch over half the fucking shows this season
but why tho
it's fucking entertainment, do you really not have anything better to do than to force yourself to watch shitshows that you don't like?
also, am i supposed to respect your opinions on anime because you say you've watched over 1000 shows?

Attached: nigga wtf u smokin.png (553x423, 552K)

I can still see the merchant

>3DPD posting
>nigger posting
I didn't even read your post but you need to fuck off back to the board/subreddit you came from

>but why tho
For the knowledge. So that i can be involved in discussion regarding those shows, if they're ever bought up, and because it gives me some insight into the industries practices and how they change/remain the same over the years. I understand the reasons why studios do x/y in their productions better than 99% of the people that post here.

>do you really not have anything better to do than to force yourself to watch shitshows that you don't like?
Anime is my life.

>am i supposed to respect your opinions on anime because you say you've watched over 1000 shows?
It's less about the number I've seen and more about the fact that it gives me the ability to make lots of comparisons and critique anime better. It's not just that I've seen that many shows it's that i know the studios who make almost every one of them.

>I've seen over a 1000 anime
why would you torture yourself like that

Attached: 1542332549232.png (270x277, 179K)

See

ITSUMO