Re:Zero

So is this series in development/writer's block hell or what?

I remember checking the WN 2 years ago and it was on Arc 6. It is STILL on Arc 6 today.

Attached: 1548932201985.jpg (2016x1097, 359K)

Other urls found in this thread:

ncode.syosetu.com/n2267be/138/
remonwater.wordpress.com/2016/09/20/rezero-web-novel-translated-scene-of-rem-feigning-her-death/
pastebin.com/XPWB6xPr
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Attached: 1539536981828.png (860x1214, 297K)

Attached: 1534901982783.jpg (1000x1415, 793K)

Attached: 1544296894525.jpg (850x1200, 1.2M)

Moblia a shit

Attached: 1531312898719.jpg (660x627, 78K)

Attached: 1532109145834.jpg (3024x4032, 2.16M)

Attached: 1549802348875.jpg (2048x2555, 2.71M)

Attached: 1530916869574.png (1771x1320, 2.34M)

>Emiliafag doesn’t even know the status of the series
Checks out

remfag..

Attached: 1536210559035.jpg (3441x4096, 926K)

Attached: emi luv.jpg (1280x720, 75K)

go back to /int/ you piece of shit

Good. I hope this shit dies out for good.

based emiliafag

So here's what happened:

Writer writes an isekai with a "twist" where the protagonist basically has a perpetual autosave. It starts off strong, with a cool introduction and interesting cast. We get a short taste of the bad guys, and this is where it falls apart. You see, it was at this point that none of the villains were actually fleshed out in any way other than "Big Bad Evil, also a cult, plus black magic."

So what happens next? All the cool character introductions were thrown out in favor of an entirely new cast after the writer came up with a better idea for how to start the story. There's still no real game plan, however. The writer just wants to keep the villains really vague so he can keep introducing midbosses ad nauseum until the story stops selling so much.

When it does finally stop selling, it's going to get a hasty and unsatisfying wrap-up and we'll all be left wondering what the hell actually happened. You see, committing to a story also means committing to an ending which is a huge no-no for anyone who wants to sell their story in perpetuity. It's much better to just write scenes that sound kind of interesting and hope your audience likes those particular scenes enough to keep the money coming.

Sometimes, you don't even get to see the money. You just have a boss who tells you to not finish anything so THEY can see unlimited money.

Well the sales are already slowing down massively. Re:Zero sold 900k+ volumes in 2017. It was down to 600k in 2018.

I think it's pretty obvious the author has written himself into a corner. That's why he's been doing nothing but LN rewriting and side stories for years now.

>[Rem: Say “I love you”…]
>Rem spilled these words out with a faint, frail voice while looking up at Subaru.
>In her vision which had become blurred by the swell of tears that gushed up, she saw Subaru shake his head. After that, Subaru brought his face close to her and said,
>[Subaru: I love you(suki da)]
>[———–]
>[Subaru: I love you(daisuki da). Isn’t that obvious…If you aren’t with me, I can’t live on…]
>It was his true feelings. If you were to say that this was when he spilled everything out, that wouldn’t be an exaggeration and would be an accurate statement. If it wasn’t for her, he wouldn’t come this far. >If she were to disappear, he would not be able to live on.
>[Rem: Ahhh…I’m happy…]
>Accepting Subaru’s confession, Rem felt a tear alongside her closed eyes. Taking in Subaru’s words happily, her face quickly blushed. Soon after, it now really did seem that all power within her body had departed.
>[Subaru: Wait…]
>[Rem: I love you(aishiteimasu), Subaru-kun]
>[Subaru:Don’t fuck with me, stay by my side. You’re going to leave me with regrets again!?]
>Subaru could not bear to live in a near future where Rem would cease to exist. Along with knowing this fact since long ago, her existence still has become sooo much more important to him, compared to long ago. So,
>[Subaru: In the future where I talk while smiling, I need you…I don’t want this]
>[Rem: In that future, is it okay if I stay by your side?]
>[Subaru: ….Isn’t the answer obvious? I won’t let you go to anyone else’s side.]
>Wiping off her tears that were suspended on her eyelids, Subaru looked straight at Rem and said:
>[Subaru: You are mine. I won’t let anyone have you.]
>[Rem: Proposal accepted!]
>[Subaru: Heh?]
Raw Version ncode.syosetu.com/n2267be/138/
WN Eng Version remonwater.wordpress.com/2016/09/20/rezero-web-novel-translated-scene-of-rem-feigning-her-death/
LN Yen Press Version pastebin.com/XPWB6xPr

Attached: DBDCF5FF-C0D6-4751-BEC5-EAFADAC644F8.jpg (802x1101, 253K)

He knows what he must to do in order to recover all these sales. Bring Rem back.

t. ponyfucker

Well how about you work those braincells then?
It's quite simple actually, he's busy. Too busy to churn out chapters for a web novel when he has to put the existing story into LN format, write more Ex Novels & work his actual job.

But Yea Forums will just like you will try to tell everyone "muh writers block"

But he knows that if he does that his waifu won't be able to compete.

last I check the novels weren't good user, it was the anime team that saved this series. They had a lot of talent to turn it into something watchable.

Writing is his actual job.

No it's not, he has a full time job and does writing on the side.

why would anyone even want for this waifu-bait show to keep going
shit has been written into so many corners it's a clusterfuck

I gotta say there was some serious whiplash from having a series start off as Isekai, transition into an incredibly intense whodunit and then gets bogged down into the most sappy waifu romance garbage imagineable

Proof?

Instead of spoon feeding, type the authors name and type meat shop in google.

Proof that he still works there?

Proof that he doesn't? You're making a claim.

He makes enough money to not need to work there.

the one who made the claim is you. you said he has another job

proof that he still works at this other job??

That's not proof though.

The proof is already out there, you're begging to be spoonfed. I said google it and gave you a hint. You can't bring up a result you low IQ bastard?

Besides someone else said he works elsewhere I just joined in the conversation cause you're wrong. He already stated it himself, it's common knowledge for anyone who types it in google.

>has no proof
>expects people to believe him
?

Burden of evidence generally falls to the one making a claim. That's you user. No one gives a fuck about your "spoonfeeding" and superiority complex - if you're going to say something be prepared to back it up with a little legwork.

>Remfags are still delusional and seething
Holy shit nigger it's 2019, this isn't healthy.

just like how people forgot about Rem, most people forgot about this series since its just that irrelevant.

>Well the sales are already slowing down massively. Re:Zero sold 900k+ volumes in 2017. It was down to 600k in 2018.
No shit, the anime was insanely popular, it boosted LN sales massively but most people didn't stick because most people don't actually read LNs, they just got hooked on the anime, tried reading the source material to keep going once it finished, but then stopped a little after.

This happens with every single LN or manga that gets an anime adaptation. What he needs to boost sales is a second season.

Does "sales slowing down" really matter when it was still in the top 5 most sold LNs of 2018? There's still literally THOUSANDS of writers who wish they could have his numbers.

>in favor of an entirely new cast
Hrm? What new cast?

I've been told by Re;Zero fans that the plot actually doesn't matter that much. The only thing this story is about is seeing Subaru's mental degradation.

Any other questions about the lore, the world building, and Satella is just fluff. The details don't matter.

Has he finally un-potatoed Rem so she can get blown the fuck out by Emilia once and for all, or is he still dragging that?

Attached: 1564578.jpg (229x250, 8K)

Petra is best girl.

Attached: Re_Zero.Kara.Hajimeru.Isekai.Seikatsu.full.2073960.jpg (700x892, 390K)

We'll know about S2 after the LN reaches Arc 6, I can feel it.

>un-potatoed Rem
Hiatus still paused at Subaru finally realizing Shaula is a giant scorpion in a woman suit. But Rem did make an appearance. An impossible, unexplained appearance.

Al concept art. Look at that face.

Attached: D0N1lyrU0AEgnzW.jpg orig.jpg (2048x1994, 495K)

Can someone explain what mobila means?

Everyone he meets after waking up at the mansion for the first time. Everything that happened before that could have been removed and the plot would still almost be the same, with only a few slight rewrites to include the handful of actual important plot points.

All the characters that were introduced here that weren't part of the mansion cease to have any plot relevance for an incredibly long time after this intro arc is done, even though they make a couple silly cameos before that. They were better off having not been introduced at all until they were actually needed.

The bad guys are easily the most interesting

"Mob" is a term you might recognize from other anime. It refers to a background character, or some random unnamed character who is just there to fill space. A faceless old man would also be a mob character. They aren't really a character at all.

So, by calling Emilia a mob, you're calling her the same as any of the random peasants you see in crowd scenes.

>But Rem did make an appearance. An impossible, unexplained appearance.
Damn, I don't want another loop to know why this happened. There's only one thing we want from this arc and Tappei is blueballing us from it knowing it's the only thing it keeps people reading.

I can see what you mean, but it wasn't about a better way to start the story. It was about giving some characters time to develop deeper relationships. Still, all of the characters introduced in Arc 1 are very relevant to the overall story, and it works well for seeding them. As for your other points...
>There's still no real game plan, however. The writer just wants to keep the villains really vague so he can keep introducing midbosses ad nauseum until the story stops selling so much.
Vague? They're five of the seven deadly sins. Two of which are dead, and the third which is almost certainly about to die. Leaving two and the secret sixth. That's hardly ad nauseum. And as the story goes on, more things are connected.

Elsa works for "mother" alongside Meili, the assassin girl in Arc 2. "Mother" being Capella Emerada Lugnica, presumably a member of the royal family who disappeared long ago. Elsa and Meili return in Arc 4, Capella is directly present in Arc 5, and even in Arc 3... Well, there's a store special story in Arc 5 that features Gluttony eating Joshua because "Mother" told him to. Which brings us to Arc 6, where Gluttony is directly involved and Mother's identity is revealed. Even the IF novel features Capella performing experiments on Oni, that allow them to smell the Witch's scent.

Attached: F7A9B785-6105-4F0A-8CD7-924466BC6973.jpg (684x1024, 222K)

Attached: 32A51F9F-959B-437D-B172-E7D1A7851E0B.jpg (705x1024, 242K)

Attached: 65AEC921-2856-4EE5-92B3-54C01554B473.jpg (1125x1500, 381K)

Elsa route never.

You really want to see somebody cum into a urn?