Special and better than everyone else main character pretends to be average and same as everyone else

>special and better than everyone else main character pretends to be average and same as everyone else

Attached: [JacobSwaggedUp] Hataraku Maou-sama! - 10 (BD 1280x720).mp4_snapshot_07.20_[2019.02.26_15.29.14].jpg (322x346, 26K)

izuku should have never been given a quirk

I actually love this trope and I hate the inverse of it
>MC is presented as hot shit but is really just slightly above average or mediocre

Mob is ten times better than

What's wrong with a little humility?

>average and same as everyone else
>everyone pretends he's some hot shit
Almost every harem protagonist ever.

>MC sucks but hides that fact and has to use every trick he can to keep up with others
This is an actual story.
>MC can resolve any conflict with a snap of his fingers at any point but doesn't because he's lazy or some shit and also literally me
This is not.

It's never written with humility. When it's not just a blatant self insert, it's always some message about how everyone is secretly special and can do anything if they try. But the joke is that the inverse delivers that message far harder.

I totally couldn't give three shits about the traits of the mc if the story is good. He or she is just a fancy cursor. And if he is complex it's an adult reader bonus but it's not required at all.

Main Character who:
>Is objectively beautiful
>Has a ton of friends
>Could EASILY get a gf but he only wants the 10/10 idol-tier girl
>Has a good and stable home life

>despite all this he is present as friendless, average/below average looking loser and we're supposed to feel sorry for him/identify with him
This is 99% of romcoms/dramas which is why those are the worst genres in anime.

Did emi win yet?

>MC can resolve any conflict with a snap of his fingers at any point but doesn't because he's lazy or some shit and also literally me
What about "Best fighter in the world struggles to pass in college"?
>MC sucks but hides that fact and has to use every trick he can to keep up with others
Wouldn't that make him overpowered too but ina different way?

What you want is an incompetent MC who always loses battles on his own and depends other characters to win them for him like a pussy faggot

and yet, 5toubun still popular here, shitty taste Yea Forums

That could work if you make the MC extremely eccentric with lots of mental illnesses

basically any LN protagonist ever made

True, and that's what NHK did, but it's still rare.

Flat

Those are not eccentric enough

>MC is special and better than everyone else but doesn't know about it and acts like a fucking loser for 90% of the show

Attached: 1540712152732.jpg (411x412, 26K)

Sora (and Rikku) from No Game No Life.
Both are eccentric in completely different ways.

You'll still complain when its the reverse
>hurr MC is OP
>y is he a such a dick

>thousand year old undefeated villain loses because MC trained for a few months offscreen

>The villains are literal gods and MC must beat them but regains his memories and realize he's actually an outer god in charge of supervising those gods

Not an argument

>mc is the smartest person alive
>his power is completely worthless
I actually like when this happens

>MC is talented but quits his job due to angst

yes.

she and maou-sama are making a lot of half-human half-demon babies right now, and are happily married.

S2 never ;_;