The German dub is really great. People need to give Puschel, das Eichhorn a watch

The German dub is really great. People need to give Puschel, das Eichhorn a watch.

Attached: Pissed Off Squirrel Transparent.png (600x600, 155K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/channel/UCwWYM1LiBQLSK-zFWM3WZRw
youtube.com/watch?v=zR6XbLvf4GQ
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>The German dub is really great.
There's lots of great german synchronization work, most famously the Simpsons. The german market is probably a bit of an exception to the dubs suck rule. Most of the time.

Naruto, I'm on my way
Naruto, I feel ok

Not gonna lie. Even the Japanese original voice is worse than the German dub. Of course it also applies to the Spanish and English too so it's literally the only good one to watch it with.

If OP is still here, can I please request that you try to refrain from posting too many threads? I think people may get a bit annoyed over on Yea Forums especially. I am interested in the show, but it would make me sad to see people get annoyed at seeing any threads about it because of the high volume of them being made (by one person).

Also, this will hinder the translation efforts that I am in the process of preparing. If mods see so many threads, then they will possibly ban the topic altogether for a while.

Please don't ruin it for everyone.

Also, I'd like to clarify something. There is absolutely nothing wrong with creating these kinds of threads. It's great because it exposes a show to new people who have not heard of it before.

The issue is in the FREQUENCY of posting.

I can see this is your first thread on Yea Forums, and I believe you took Yea Forums's advice to heart. I am glad you did. This thread is fine on it's own, but whenever it eventually 404's, give it a while so that it doesn't become saturated on the board. Maybe a thread every other week, instead of multiple in a single week?

Not trying to discourage you (after all, I have an enthusiastic interest in the show too).

Oh fuck you're the translation guy? How's the progress.

After some thinking, I have decided to go with the German release, as it seems to have received the best feedback from people judging from the various threads I have seen.

The Puschel, das Eichhorn DVD I ordered from Amazon is expected to arrive on Thursday or Friday, so that is what I am currently waiting on. I will rip it and then the work can begin. I will reach out for translators and begin prepping the team. Nothing has officially started yet.

I am waiting to have everything in place first. I also want to see whether the DVD includes German subtitles, as that will make things much more streamlined since the gruntwork of text synchronization would be eliminated.

If it does not, I will investigate the German iTunes version and see if it contains subtitles. The point is to have as much streamlined as possible.

Existing German subtitles would be much easier to get translated rather than manually listening to every episode and transcribing each sentence one by one. That would make the process much longer.

Are you the one behind this channel youtube.com/channel/UCwWYM1LiBQLSK-zFWM3WZRw ? If not, you could use the already translated subtitles to help with the first 3 episodes.

did that channel just die a minute after you posted it or is it supposed to be empty?

I am not, but I am glad you pointed this out to me. I will try to reach out to the channel owner in an attempt to collaborate with them, especially if they have German knowledge.

This is a VERY recent channel too. Two weeks! Thanks for the link.

How did you find this?

It's fine for me. I'll directly link the first video instead. youtube.com/watch?v=zR6XbLvf4GQ

oh, ok. it's blocked in germany due to copyright issues. apparently a video isn't even listed in a channel page if you can't view it in your country.

Attached: 2019-02-26_115811.jpg (1280x720, 78K)

>it's blocked in germany due to copyright issues
lol

Let me download the 3 videos I see on their channel and reupload to MEGA, if you are interested. Will you stick around?

Yes, I saw that YouTube video as well

I erroneously searched for Puschel The Squirrel instead of the English name Bannertail.

Something seems off here. The channel is very formal and tidy to be a fan. It may actually be an official English sub.

Deutschfag here. I would be willing to help

I'm fine, you don't have to do that. I'll stick around and see where the thread goes though.

Please listen to based patience user, OP. I've become convinced Puschel is worth a watch, as have many others.

It‘s one of these 70s Japenese-European Co-Production anime. ALL of them are worth watching. Maybe not Heidi, Heidi is a snorefest.

May I have your Discord handle, please? I am making a server for facilitating translation discussion and progress.

Alright. I plan to archive them anyway just in case the channel does go down. The first three episodes being translated will help a lot!

DANmeD #3973

While the german dubbing industry is probably among the best internationally I still think that most german dubs are strictly inferior to their original.
I would put german dubs on par with american anime dubs. While the translated script is often better than most american anime dubs, the pool of voice actors is even smaller.

Ironically this is even worse in more mainstream show and hollywood dubs than german anime dubs. There are specific german VAs who will dub at least a dozen high profile american actors in every single movie those specific actors appear in. And to be honest I am sick of them. I just cannot stand listening to these same voices over and over and over again. Which is why I stopped watching german dubs of american shows/movies as soon as I could.

Maybe I just think there's more variety in german anime dubs because I haven't watched as much anime dubs or because I like those few voice actors more than the mainstream ones, but I'm way more inclined to watch a german dub when watching anime than when I watch some hollywood blockbuster.

Attached: 1535667357834.gif (506x516, 443K)

I think there are multiple anime that have an incredible German dub
>hellsing ultimate
>death note might be better than the original even
>doremi
>CB
We still make some horrible ones like TTGL though

Cute Onahole.

Huh, I never realized that was a category of show that was known as a thing at that time.

Thanks for that info, user.

So I just realized something. The person who is uploading appears to be doing this on an episode by episode basis, and posts to YouTube when he completes one. After taking a quick look at his videos so far, the subtitles are easily readable, and have nice synchronization (even better than the fansub of the Spanish dub). I just hope he does not get burned out by this project. I would like to reach out to him so that he doesn't feel like he is alone in this effort. I'm guessing the only method of contact for him would be via YouTube comments? I don't see anything that immediately suggests a link to this elusive YouTube page.

This is a very nice discovery. Thank you for finding that.

Attached: 2019-02-26 03_35_18-01 - Farewell to the Village (ENG SUB).mp4 - MPC-BE x64 - v1.5.3 (build 4322) be (1494x958, 1.5M)

Alles klar Paul

Record of Lodoss War's German dub is excellent, and I'd recommend it over the Japanese one.

Having also watched Digimon Adventure in German as a kid and in Japanese with subs as an adult, I'm impressed by the great job the German dub did at emulating the original Japanese VAs (and music).