How come pre-2000's anime lacked detail and actual animation? I mean...

How come pre-2000's anime lacked detail and actual animation? I mean, I get that modern animators simply are more skilled because they can use the techniques of the old guard, but the difference in detail truly is staggering. Pre-2000s anime look like they were drawn by children while digital animation has actual shading, facial and background detail. Glad I didn't watch anime during the 80s or 90s. Doubt I could find enjoyment in watching such creatively bankrupt shovelware art.

Attached: 1544556050078.jpg (3278x7430, 3.71M)

Other urls found in this thread:

track6.mixtape.moe/exshqx.webm
track8.mixtape.moe/fhijpl.webm
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Left; left; left; right; left; right

Even on a chart designed to attack old anime it still wins

?

track6.mixtape.moe/exshqx.webm
track8.mixtape.moe/fhijpl.webm

Attached: cona.jpg (640x640, 40K)

Probably because there's more money in it now. They can afford to spend more detail on the small intricacies. Also the fact that electronic options for artwork have become much more available and... not shit I guess

Mirai Shounen Conan was so good

Nice 1-tone Disney art you got there. Additionally, it's from the first episode of the show which is supposed to reel in viewers. Sorry Miyazaki, Conan is the perfect example why all your schlock is considered creatively bankrupt. Now go bitch about CGI.

looks like OP thinks technology never advanced and we still use pay phones

Whats the anime with the 2 black dudes

The best OVA ever made.

They didn't.
Just compare Evangelion to RahXephon.
The latter is so devoid of interesting visual direction that its fans have to fill up their grids with closeups and other poorly-composed shots.

Attached: 1519128170250.jpg (3000x6375, 3.96M)

>their grids
That was very clearly never intended to be a grid, user.

Oh is that why you posted it in cinegrids threads?

According to the archives, the first two times it was posted was in a 3x3 thread. What people do with it afterwards is none of my concern. Why are you lying again? Why do you always lie? Look at that OP picture. I am being honest here. Unlike you I am not selectively choosing what evidence to follow. Please work on your behavior.

No, those are from the first 2 episodes and the quality is generally consistent throughout. I just didn't make more, because it would be pointless if you could just watch the show instead, like you should do.

Attached: TS1.jpg (1440x1080, 474K)

user, there's a wide range of pre 2000s anime, and obviously pre 2000s has better shading, also don't confuse animation with art/shading, it's 2 completely different things

SOUL vs SOULLESS

They all look the same, what are you on about?

Anime just hadn't matured into the art form that it is now. It was a product of its time!

Attached: 1381338973854.jpg (3316x2432, 1.65M)

I want to make this clear for you and anyone else who shares your thoughts even remotely.

You will *never* understand art. This isn't an opinion, but rather a personal guarantee. Never.

I am glad the Japanese decided to step up their game at some point. I guess that's why Miyazaki is always so mad. He realize that the juvenile trash he made comes nowhere close to the artistry of modern animation directors.

Attached: 1542967542990.jpg (1700x1199, 481K)

Chose the wrong ones

Miyazaki doesn't like Yamato, so I don't know what you're talking about. Anyway, this is obviously a tired troll thread with the same usual bait images. Clean it up, janny.

Miyazaki hates his own works? Why?

Soon, Anime will look as good as the Cal-Arts Style, and we can finally have good, mature art.

I don't know what you're talking about, modern anime is shit.

Attached: what the fuck happened.jpg (1000x1656, 207K)

im going to fucking kill myself

Use a shotgun. That way you'll leave more visually creative remains that the pre-2000's did.

I don't think it's unusual for artist to be unsatisfied with what they put out. They never feel like they can quite get their full potential out or that it could be better. Even more so with a collaborative project like anime where you've got to rely on fuckwits to draw well in a way you like as a director.

Or worse, casuals might not GET it.

Attached: x4x.jpg (2658x2063, 2.65M)