Haruyuki from Accel world is such an obvious author self-insert holy shit, it's hard to watch

Haruyuki from Accel world is such an obvious author self-insert holy shit, it's hard to watch.
Cringe levels are off the charts.
A pudgy manlet with a pushover personality would never get any interest from any girl, not to mention several. There are limits to suspension of disbelief.

Attached: 1528321489217.png (261x294, 148K)

Other urls found in this thread:

accelworld.fandom.com/wiki/Enemy
twitter.com/AnonBabble

I still think SAO is a self-insert fanfic with Haruyuki as Kirito.

Kirito has no personality, he's a generic self-insert for the viewer (reader). Which is why SAO is so popular I guess.

All the girls he manages to get are pretty much fucked up themselves though, they all are.
That's a key part of the series to some degree.
Not saying he isn't built as a wish fulfillment fantasy, but most anime aimed at boys is like that.
And the author isn't fat.
So this is not an actual case of author self insert.
It's just that his character happens to be pathetic and ends up surrounded by beautiful girls but that's the kind of story it is and at least for the most part why it is that way makes sense in universe.

>And the author isn't fat.
isn't, but how do you know he wasn't?

Doesn't he get replaced by a little girl as the main character?

Imagine that porky beast burst linking inside you

The real cringe is how every single shitteen hates poor accel world just because of fat mc AND posts about it for years every single week. Not everything needs to be your power fantasy, you entitled pissy boy.

Attached: 3-7-1-8-truck-cute-picture.jpg (399x336, 64K)

He's literally (You).

>not liking cartman

Gotta love people.

>Attractive bland mc that gets all the girls
No one has a problem.
>Fat, short mc with a heart of gold
This is bullshit and a shitty self insert.

Fyi you morons, all these series are wish fulfillment self inserts. Instead of clacking away at your keyboards, why don't you ask a 3d girl out for coffee and see what happens?

well I don't know about you, user, but I can't self insert into a vegetal that will scream aaaah for a whole season in a near future

Attached: sqQlid7.jpg (900x810, 55K)

>A pudgy manlet with a pushover personality would never get any interest from any girl, not to mention several

His pushover mentality is what made him hide in the confines of vr games. Since SAO we've known that the more you live in VR, the better your reaction time is. KYH wasn't able to beat Haruyuki's VR game score without the use of the ability brought by BB. Not to mention that mental scars are what power your Avatar in Brain Burst. It's not really a stretch to think that KYH saw Haruyuki as someone that could become a powerhouse in Brain Burst, and seeing as she needed all the power she could get to revive Nega Nebulous, it's not an unexpected gamble.

Getting into him being a pudgy manlet. Do you know how much their real bodies not matter in Accel World? 1 second in real time is around 17 minutes in game. KYH being one of the very level 9s in the game meant she was pretty hardcore at the game. She played for about 2 years? before she went into hiding. And assuming she played for 2 hours a day, which is shit in terms of being a hardcore player at any game. Her play time would've been at least around 160 years of play time. At the point, why the fuck would you care about how some fat fucks looks when you look like a black killbot and he looks like like a silver angel.

Say you
I hate both.
Japan just sucks at writing likeable romance MCs

i have almost 1.8k completed and he's my least favorite mc of all time

Cartman at least has balls to go with his fat ass.

I can self-insert into a bland mc, I can't self-insert into a pudgy manlet

He's prime material for debu shota doujins

>I don't like anime

I see nothing wrong with him. I mean if he was skinny with no muscle like Kirito, whats the difference? It sucks either way. Most of these isekai protagonists need to hit the gym. Or at least go to the character creator interface and change their look

>Japanese people
>ever going to the gym

Lol

Accel World was better than SAO

Where do burst points come from?
The only apparent source appears to be from new players, but that would require permanently killing 30 new players for one player to get to level 2

These aren't normal girls. These are girls with severe issues, which are required to get superpowers in the setting. Those sort latch onto anyone who gives them attention.

>muh perfect grammar

I thought there was a PvE area that nobody likes to use because it's inefficient.

>Yea Forums - Anime & Manga

accelworld.fandom.com/wiki/Enemy

Haru is much less of a self-insert than Kirito who is as bland as it gets. Also, Haru actually develops as a character throughout the series.

Green Grande kills enemies and leaves the BP so that other Enemy eat it so they give out more BP when scrubs kill them. He's a pretty great guy.

post author self insert made it rigth

Attached: HarimaKenji.jpg (476x476, 26K)

>I haven't read the SAO LNs so let me talk out of my ass

As someone who has read everything as yet translated in english for both series: They are both written about the same. "hurr durr bland self insert" is a meme propagated by anime-only secondaries and their e-celeb masters

>implying
there plenty of people think that shows like franxx and rezero are complete garbage

honestly, i think reki kawahara is probably the biggest hack of a writer in anime ever. seriously, i think harem shows handle their characters better than sword art or accel world.

Season 2 never, right? And is that really the way he looks in reality? I thought that's what he just sees himself as or some shit like that.

I think it's very likely he was fat manlet like that when he was ~15 years old.
I'm unable to find his current height.

i didn't like franxx but to each their own. i'm not going to force people into disliking it but i think the themes of it are better in other anime but am i going to say your a moron for liking it? nah. it isn't not as hyped as i thought it was going to be.

He's taller than Noumi according to the LN text.

>A pudgy manlet with a pushover personality would never get any interest from any girl,
he doesnt
they are all using him for his talents playing vidya
even the main girl
>but the childhood friend
its just that, a friend, if you saw your friend becoming more and more anti social to the point he is bullied daily and has to eat on the crapper you would do the same thing

accel world is Monster hunter VR with pvp user
the main game mode is hunting monsters

I actually really like Accel World and I'm bummed it'll never get another season of anime. At least the LN is getting translated and will probably go to the end, but another season of anime would be great.

Haruyuki is great because his noble spirit develops over the course of the story and event though he continues to struggle with his intrinsic character flaws and traumas, he overcomes them most of the time and keeps growing as a person. It was great to see him become the main member of the animal care club.

The story wouldn't work if he wasn't a fat piece of shit with no self-confidence. He also doesn't actually look like a little mascot character, that's just his mental image of himself. I'd prefer if it were less of a harem but it's from the SAO author so what are you going to do. At least he's not your typical high school student with nothing special about him. How many anime can you say star a fat main character?

>they are all using him for his talents playing vidya
Chiyu always liked him from when they were childhood friends and was super sad that he became such a beta.

The other girls had access to less pathetic burst linkers but they saw his underlying noble spirit and responded to it. From Aqua Current in the cafe when they first me to Black Lotus in the squash game to Niko stalking Haru IRL, they all came to admire his noble spirit, not necessarily his unique ability or reactions speed (which honestly means shit with the Incarnate System, which they all knew about before meeting him).

>he's not fat but actually a handsome normal guy who sees himself like that due to anxiety
Is this real or not?

That anime was too much for me. If the girl was some ugly nerd too, I’d believe it, but cmon bruh.

he is still fat, a realy tall fat guy but fat non the less

Respect my authoritah!

Attached: allmyhate.jpg (600x562, 389K)

but what about the other girls, user

no

Attached: nightmare fuel.jpg (500x495, 115K)

He's not even in the top 10 reasons why this trashheap of an anime is bad.

You don't really have ten reasons the anime is bad.

Pretty fucking drunk with a gun loaded, watching the 3 shit episodes might push me over the edge. 10/10 best anime and makes kill la kill and evangelion it's bitch. god i might shoot myself or this pc

So he looks small in the show because he feels small.

As someone who has read the LN I can assure you that it's infinitely better than SAO. Aside from the harem it has a very well written story with a unique premise.