ITT: Series that aged like fine wine

ITT: Series that aged like fine wine

Attached: serial-experiments-lain-wallpapers-26100-3125746.jpg (1600x1200, 359K)

>posts over hyped shit anime

Based

Azumanga Daio

Attached: we wants the precious.jpg (640x480, 41K)

I like to drink fine wine and think about Serial Experiments Lain quotes on calm nights while listening to jazz and atheism podcasts. How about you?

Since lain wasnt actually a middle school girl, would fucking her still be consider pedophilia?

Attached: 1547576606117.png (598x1021, 402K)

Attached: planetes_earth.jpg (800x600, 261K)

LET'S ALL LEWD LAIN

Attached: df118f823ff33dea0bb4d5515b5dee34-imagejpeg.jpg (1520x1080, 127K)

and you don't seem to understand

Attached: DARLING_in_the_FRANXX,_second_key_visual.jpg (266x376, 59K)

it aged like milk while it was airing

A shame, he seemed an honest man

I watched this show and while it has some really cool themes in it I found the show an absolute slog to get through. They don't even fucking explain shit or follow through with plotlines like Lain's sister getting mind fucked into retardation. Nor does Lain ever seem particularly concerned that her sister is mental mush suddenly. It felt like the show had only 6-8 episodes worth of content and was padded out to 13.

It's a lot better when you compare it to modern vrmmo.

Attached: sign.jpg (600x337, 133K)

It uses the lost art of 'show, don't tell'. You need to figure it out yourself by coming up with theories from the hints they give.

I got what the show was doing, it was just so flat and monotone that the show came across as lifeless when it was exploring some cool themes. Its still a good show, it just needed another pass in the writing department to put more meat on the bones.

Try Texnolyze my dude, I think you would enjoy that more than Lain if you are looking for a depressing anime that makes you think.

Get off my board plotfag

please do, I barely ever manage to find lewds of her

Not him but I liked Texhnolyze even less and it seemed even more devoid of interesting content. I don't feel as strongly as that user about Lain's content (though I agree with him somewhat in his generally criticisms) but I legitimately don't get why people like Texhnolyze. The first thing that occurred to me while watching it was that it was if Lain did everything completely wrong.

unbased and bluepilled

Darker than Black.

The time I watched it was late at night, so my memory of the whole thing is akin to a fever dream. Only after it ended did I start thinking about themes and plot, because the experience was completely unique.

Turned into vinegar

Attached: 1546726991710.jpg (1920x1080, 294K)

second

Like Apocalypse Now, it has to be watched in a single sitting while not in your normal state of mind (such as suffering from a high fever or sleep deprivation).

If his problem with Lain is that it was flat and lifeless then Texhnolyze wouldn't be for him at all. It's significantly more drab.

>actually aged like milk

And all the fears he hold so dear will turn to whisper in his ear

TRUMPETEH?!

>listening to jazz
Don't mix in good music with your shitposting.

>Meanwhile BeeBop aged like fine SHIT

Attached: champloo.jpg (1280x720, 150K)

Lain is God. So actually you'd be getting statutory raped

Ah yes, I fine vintage 2018

Further convinced all Franxx fans are below the drinking age

I just watched this series for first time about a year ago. Instantly made my top five list. I get why we won't receive shows like this anymore, but it still kind of depresses me.

Never gonna forgive lawyers for killing this series.

Attached: 01x01 Tinsel City.mkv_snapshot_00.34_[2018.05.02_20.28.21].jpg (956x720, 129K)

It's a weird show. Lain at least had Alice, but Tex is totally devoid of outright likeable characters/charisma. It was also too long and should have dropped a sub plot or two considering what it all led to, but I think it's a great world to explore. Probably should have been a novel or something else.

>2032
Not long now lads.

We've got the white LED lights already, still waiting on the urban sprawl to turn into a sprawl of high-rises though.

Attached: 01x08 Scoop Chase.mkv_snapshot_00.11_[2018.05.12_09.54.22].jpg (956x720, 146K)

welcome to the nhk
school rumble

Misaki is still a cute

Attached: 1549620518352.jpg (1280x720, 105K)

Attached: madoka magica.png (275x183, 102K)

Pic not related? Its themes were groundbreaking at the time and it was unique but nowadays it's such a waste of time.
I get for people it's an audiovisual experience but like said 13 episodes are just excessive.

Or you could just smoke some weed and drink cough syrup and it all somehow makes perfect sense, never seen such an immersive Anime

yes
watched in the deepest depths of depression, incredibly high and no human contact for a week
never connected with anybody/anything on that level before

Space Dandy still looks like it's brand fuckin' new.

Attached: dandy.jpg (1280x720, 202K)

Just finished this for the first time, the story and the feelings they tried to impart really hit me hard. I was actually pretty moved by some of the scenes at the very end of the show which hardly ever happens.
I want to marry Ai!

Soundtrack still holds up.

Ai a shit

shes so wholesome and nice though, dont get me wrong Fee is best girl but I'd marry Ai