The cast of Madoka was more enjoyable and better written than Evangelion's...

The cast of Madoka was more enjoyable and better written than Evangelion's. Each had a better build up and pay off than the trio in Eva who are mostly static characters (Shinji stays the same redundant character throughout the whole thing until the very end) While Madoka is much shorter, the characters all had more varied motives and satisfying conclusions. Shinji strangling Asuka with the crucified units is "artsy" but it's not interesting or entertaining.

Anno is mediocre at writing and pretentious at times. (he admitted the symbolism in Eva were just for show. For fucks sake this guy literally named a character Jung Freud) Sure, Urobuchi is also not a perfect writer, his writing is more straightforward and honest. Madoka is not as edgy or artsy as Eva, but it's actually better that way. Yeah, we're not gonna see a cool Third Impact scene, Homura's story is more compelling than Shinji's or Asuka's or Rei's.

In conclusion, Madoka > Evangelion.

Attached: madoka.jpg (360x270, 13K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=DZPSPFNupZw
youtube.com/watch?v=CKwjb7Lyc9c
desuarchive.org/a/thread/183221885/#183248105
youtube.com/watch?v=OrgpX-_bFqM
tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/PowerMakesYourHairGrow
youtube.com/watch?v=yO4myLCfN-Y
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Haha, nice blog retard. If only blogging like a retard on image boards got you a degree.

Madoka's cast is one-note bullshit with no real personality. No thanks.

>Shinji strangling Asuka with the crucified units is "artsy" but it's not interesting or entertaining.
I'm sorry you're too stupid to take interest and enjoyment out of it.

OP is a faggot.
I really don't get why you are trying to make Madoka look bad by putting Eva down?
I mean, Madoka is LITERALLY - with a large margin - the best anime of all time.
That's not because the other ones are just "bad", what kind of achievement would that even be?
So Eva is shit, and Madoka is better than that (hahaha)? And that is somehow making Madoka good? It only shows that you have no taste and makes Madoka look bad.

Instead of disgracing it like this say this:

Eva is great, and I love it.
But Madoka, Madoka is an order of Magnitude better than that.
Because Madoka is a synthesis of all fiction.
It's simply a divine revelation, nothing less.
Every time you see it, it reveals more and more facets and makes you understand less and less how humans were able to create something like this.
It's simply put, beautiful, describing "why" would not do the whole justice.
A Great among Greats.

Attached: absolutely glorious.gif (400x225, 3.93M)

I literally have no idea why anyone likes madoka, not a single clue. please explain

Is it pathetic that I just can't bring myself to watch Madoka because it was the fav animu of my 6 year long relationship ex? I'm kinda curious but don't want to feel sad either ;__;

Watch it, and then tell your ex that all characters are gender-inverted and she didn't actually understand it. (And she DIDN'T actually understand it), so you can still enjoy it and think yourself superior to her.

This anime heavily relied from shock factor and advertising, had a shitty story with a terrible ending, I have no idea why people wont let go. Maybe because the series is too busy being a cash cow to die

>t. didn't understand Madoka
I feel sad for you

Madoka is simply beautiful, like a crystal, with many many facets shining brightly in different colors. If you can't see that then it would be like trying to explain color to a blind person. Sorry.

woah cool it's this argument again, it was a lot of fun the last few times

If you want to understand what makes Madoka Great, then don't try understanding "Madoka".
Try understanding a single scene from Madoka and what makes that single scene Great.
Like, let's get you an example to get started. Something simple:
youtube.com/watch?v=DZPSPFNupZw
That scene alone has so many different facets, that multiple textwalls would not even come close to doing it justice.
And I am absolutely being fair here, I could give you something that is actually hard, like pic related.
Or the headshot scene. (if you think that one is easy, then you don't understand it)
Or something where you need to be well versed with the series in order to understand what makes it so tragic like youtube.com/watch?v=CKwjb7Lyc9c
Or literally anything from Rebellion.

Attached: BebePostRebellion.gif (500x280, 1018K)

Oh look who it is. You never explained why EVA lives rent free in your head?

Attached: 1444257855528.jpg (560x577, 226K)

Because I like Eva, as stated here It's easily in my top 10 favorite anime and it is great!
It just does not even come close to Madoka.
Only because a grenade does not come close to literally the big bang itself, does not make the grenade bad, now does it?

But why keep talking about it? Do you think there's some kind of competition?
Also your post is gay and I'm pretty sure I explained before why I thought so.

>But why keep talking about it?
To spread the word.
I want more people to know the beauty of Madoka,
just how I am trying to explain it to user >Also your post is gay
Well, Eva and Madoka are both literally gay, if you are being this homophobic, then you have no chance of understanding any of them, faggot.

>I'm pretty sure I explained before why I thought so
No, every time when I was here, Eva fags who tried attacking Madoka got BTFO so hard, that they all magically vanished from the thread and pretended like it never existed in the first place.

>Eva fags who tried attacking Madoka got BTFO so hard, that they all magically vanished from the thread and pretended like it never existed in the first place.
If someone likes Eva better than Meguca (like me) you say they haven't watched the latter because it's physically impossible for someone to like Eva over it

When are people going to stop giving (You)s to this autist

>you say they haven't watched the latter
No, I say they didn't understand it.
I mean, you can make a monkey watch both of them,
and the monkey might like Eva better, but that wouldn't mean anything, now would it?

Your ex had good taste and might have been gay

Attached: MadoHomu9.png (1920x1080, 1.41M)

>To spread the word.
But why EVA.
>No, every time when I was here, Eva fags who tried attacking Madoka got BTFO so hard
No I'm pretty sure I gave you my view of aesthetics and why I think EVA is a better work under the criteria. I guess a pure shitpsoter willingly forgets.
>if you are being this homophobic
plain proof you're just shitposting. how long have you been at this? 2 years? Get a life, faggot.

>I gave you my view of aesthetics
I remember now, you basically said: "I like Eva better because it's more personal, I have no interest in grand narratives, divine beauty and the meaning of life if I can just have a human story".

Sure, you can say that I can't argue with that. Everyone should know their place, so it's ok.

How is it hard to explain color to a blind person? you must be dumb

>I am trying to explain it to user
>doesn't explain anything just keep repeating "you don't understand" "it's beautiful"
lmao

No I said Madoka fails at aesthetic rapport to successfully execute those themes, and that attempting those themes in themselves don't make for great art. Greatness in art can be personal in the inner cognitive level of a Shakespeare play and outdo some over-the-top shit like Lord of the Rings.

Oh, you must be really smart, then!
Now explain color to a blind person in a way that is not:
Seeing in the ability to perceive the surface of an object, and all surface has a color, that is basically like when you lick a surface it is either sweet or sour and to different degrees. That is how colors are.

I mean, the concept of red as a color.

>Do somethin but dont do it in a way it can be done
Yikes

>fails
>attempting
No.
Madoka does not fail.
Madoka fully executes its themes in an unrivaled and unprecedented fashion.

>Greatness in art can be personal
Sure. I am not denying that Eva is art.

>outdo
Oh, please user.
If you want to unironically compare Shakespear to Lord of the Rings and say which one is "better", then you are the bigger idiot between the both of us.
The answer is: They shouldn't be compared in the first place. They are different things with different ambitions. Like, what is better? Sugar or Salt?

I was starting to miss this pasta. Really gets the autism flowing.

You don't even understand the concept of color, do you?

You can say that color is just a measurement, like in a number. But different colors actually LOOK differently. Don't they? Somehow you see blue, and it looks somehow "blue", and that blue is distinct, it is different from seeing red, or from seeing green, or from tasting sweetness.

But what this "blue" actually is, how would you even describe it?
"cold"? No. That is only the association you get because cold things are often blue.
"deep"? No. That is only the association you get because the sea is blue.
Do you understand?
The thing that you perceive when seeing blue, that is the concept of "blue".

And that concept can't be described other than by saying: "it's blue". If you say that it's a "wavelength", then it is not the color blue. It is, in fact, the description of a general measure.

>No.
Yes.
>Sure. I am not denying that Eva is art.
But you're willfully missing the point.
>If you want to unironically compare Shakespear to Lord of the Rings and say which one is "better", then you are the bigger idiot between the both of us.
I'm comparing them to show thematic granduer alone doesn't always beat personal inward ambitions.

>Yes.
Well, if you don't understand how Madoka gloriously executes its themes then I can't help you.
It is just too much. I can explain some of the facets that you missed if you like. Or answer any questions.
But the whole picture is just too big to grasp in a post like that.
There are too many different frameworks and perspectives that are simultaneously examined.
For example, if you don't understand the relativity of morality, then you just will not understand a lot of it. I'm sorry.

If you want you can give me a scene, and I can explain what makes it gloriously great.
Or I can pick one myself if you want...
Or if you want we can go way way back, and you can tell me your own philosophical framework, and I can tell you what parts prevent you from understanding Madoka.

Attached: divineHomura.jpg (826x1223, 332K)

Are you the same dude that 'analyzed' this? That was funny.

Attached: madokaop.jpg (1280x720, 174K)

Yea, Eva fags got BTFO back then because they thought that this is utterly random shit.

You know I never saw the humor in these posts before but this is so fucking hilarious, I can't stop laughing.

Do you by any chance have a link or something to that thread?

More like Madokafags got exposed for being mega-psueds.

I think he's talking about this, god damn that thread had such incredible levels of autism in it.
desuarchive.org/a/thread/183221885/#183248105

It makes me almost certain ack is the same dude that spams anti-EVA madoka faggotry.

What? Literally, everything I said back then was correct.
If you want proof that the opening images are all not meaningless, then here is another observation:

youtube.com/watch?v=OrgpX-_bFqM
at 0:25 has Madoka with big hair.
then a lot of things happen.
and then 0:33 has Madoka with giant hair.

Well, fuck me for linking tv tropes here, but:
tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/PowerMakesYourHairGrow

Coincidence? I think not.
It's not very complex, but it is something that is hidden in the opening images.

Among Madoka crashing against the wall trying to fly with a witches broom.
And Madoka getting shocked by spiders falling from the roof

The opening is basically teasing the content of the series. Fuck me for noticing it, lol.

Attached: 20.jpg (300x100, 34K)

Okay, it does normal shit OP's are supposed to do (give an idea of the series). The lingerie shit was psuedfaggotry. None of it's particularly deep or profound.

>he admitted the symbolism in Eva were just for show
The reason he said this is because brainlets like (You) that take Eva at face value would take this statement at face value and stop pestering him with questions.

This is coming from someone who vastly prefers Madoka to Eva, btw

>Shinji stays the same redundant character throughout the whole thing until the very end

Stop reposting your thread over and over.

>Okay, it does normal shit OP's are supposed to do (give an idea of the series)
No, it hides it in plain sight, that's far from an ordinary opening.
I agree that single thing is just very clever but not particularly deep or profound.
What makes the opening profound is the context, and that the lyrics are only understandable after episode 10.
The thing that makes the opening profound is that it is one of the darkest openings in anime period if you write down what it displays.
But it is held so cutesy that you perceive it as harmless and cute.

Its true value is that it puts the nature of perception into question, and that is brilliant.

Espacially in stark contrast to rebellions (plot)ending, that is held in the darkest tones possible, but is actually extremely happy and uplifting when you describe it.

>The cast of Madoka was more enjoyable and better written than Evangelion's.
wow. so hard

Yeah it's a big gimmick. Didn't I go over this shit before?
>Its true value is that it puts the nature of perception into question, and that is brilliant.
This is where the psued faggotry shows. You're only embarrassing the show and yourself by being artistically taken in so much by a gimmick-laden over-stylized maho shojo anime.

I am the fanatical Madokafag in this thread, and I agree with this 100%.
Eva has profound symbolism, EVEN IF it is perhaps partially subconscious.

Heck, even the angels are symbolizing Shinji's personal fears and the problems he is facing in his day to day life.

If you think that is just "meaningless shit that looks cool", then you don't understand Eva. Of course, it is meaningful. They put it there because they wanted it there.

The only thing that Eva is NOT is philosophical or religious. The metaphors are ALL only in relation to the characters only.

And all of that is obvious.

Ever heard of neutral character development you fucking brainlet?

>The only thing that Eva is NOT is philosophical or religious. The metaphors are ALL only in relation to the characters only.
Anything with interdimensional entities called Angels inherently has religious symbolism going on, but I won't attempt to argue that here.
*shambles back over to /x/*

Tell me then, why the opening exists in contrast to rebellions ending:
The opening is dark while it is portrayed as light.
The ending is happy while it is portrayed as tragic.

The message from that opening is:
Think for yourself and don't get taken away by the tone. Look at what happens for yourself.

The fact is that we ALL got tricked by the opening unless you already knew what you were getting into (in that case, it's your own fault).
It's not a "gimmick", it is telling us something about how we perceive the world around us.
And only if you learn the lesson that it teaches you can you understand the ending of Rebellion.

If you don't understand this, or if you don't think that this is directly intentional and profoundly meaningful, then you are just retarded.

>Think for yourself and don't get taken away by the tone. Look at what happens for yourself.
You can say the same thing about any work that employs contrasting information. I call the show gimmicky because its tricks give exaggerated impressions that are extrapolated by psueds into exaggerated meanings, which of course is never compelling to me because Madoka's frameworks fail at having any aesthetic affinity for its themes. I went over that too.

Liked Nanoha. Madoka reminds me of it.

I can never tell what level of irony these threads operate on.

Now that the dust has settled what does Yea Forums think about nagisa's backstory?

Attached: you win.jpg (500x428, 181K)

Lazy bait

Attached: Venus is dissapointed alt 2.png (206x206, 96K)

she dumb as hell

I think madoka is better than eva simply eva has a lot of filler and static scenes to save up (rebuild could have fixed this but meh) while madoka is pure kino each episode.

it's not even the first anime to do the "happy upbeat OP for a dark and serious show"

>You can say the same thing about any work that employs contrasting information.
Look, I said it before. The thing that makes Madoka great is that it has an unbelievable amount of value in everything.

And I will just remind you on what ground we are arguing right now:
I claimed that Madoka has value in everything, and so you brought up something that you thought would NO WAY IN HELL have any value what so ever.
And then I told you, exactly why and how it is meaningful.

Again, the argument was not: "Madoka is Great because of X",
The argument was: "Madoka is Shit because X is shit".
This is your ground.
And now your argument is that on your ground - on the weakest point that YOU named as an attack vector for me to defend: "It's sure good, but others did that, too".
Wonderfull.
Sure others did that, too?
So fucking what?
Again, that is not what makes Madoka special. That is just one - ONE - element of the greater whole.

What is truly beautiful about Madoka is that once you have seen many different parts like that, they all start appearing in context to each other. Like, the contrast with the ending of Rebellion that I described.

It is like an expensive watch.
You are right now looking at a spring and telling me you have seen a spring somewhere else before.
I explained to you what the spring does and how it works.
But I can't show you the whole, you need to see for yourself.

>fail at having any aesthetic affinity for its themes
for postmodernism?!?

>"It's sure good, but others did that, too".
You mean the lingerie thing in the OP? I never conceded your interpretation of that was correct. I still think it's exaggerated psued shit. otherwise I don't know what you're talking about. I've admitted the OP accomplishes what it does technically.
The issue here that I'm insisting on is that I find its framing inherently flawed (and no I don't consider postmodernism an excuse to do away with human aesthetic affinities), and just about any quality you bring up is maybe valid in a technical aspect but largely exaggerated in worth. Nothing you've told me has ever convinced me. And I don't want to get into an argument about 'philosophical framework' because I'm certain we've argued about many things many times before and we disagree on fundamental levels; you take a while to reply and at this point I'd rather be spending my time with other things tonight.

>I never conceded your interpretation of that was correct
This right here is the reason why you don't understand Madoka.
You unironically believe that there is such a thing as a "correct" interpretation.
And that everything else is "psued shit".

Madoka only fully makes sense when you allow for contradicting interpretations to exist next to each other at the same time.

This thread is redundant OP. Yea Forums came to the consensus long ago that Madoka is the Evangelion of anime.

youtube.com/watch?v=yO4myLCfN-Y
And you don't seem to understand... Madoka.

Attached: manofculture.jpg (600x537, 34K)

Homura > Asuka
end of discussion

Attached: 52957474_p0.png (759x889, 1.05M)

If your comparing these 2 very different series, it comes down to refinement. Evas pacing is fucked. It has still scenes that last a few minutes and then large action scenes. Theses series come from different times and its not far to compare them because mechanically madoka will win being newer.

But, regardless Im a huge madokafag. I absolutly love the series and the execution is absolutly perfect. Its to the point where I watch madoka as my reason to cry because it will always pry it out of me.

Attached: 1528379322061.jpg (240x280, 18K)

Homura: hands down, the best anime character.
Asuka: generic tsundere.
What are you even comparing?

Attached: Homura.gif (500x569, 1.69M)

This, had literally the same ending as Lain and Kamen Rider Gaim.

Madoka's ending is unique, there is absolutely nothing that even comes close to being comparable. What are you talking about? Are you perhaps stuck with the TV series?

Not to mention she is more beautiful than any of the characters from Eva.

Attached: 69988329_p0.jpg (718x1029, 346K)

>there was a point where the majority of Yea Forums genuinely enjoyed devilman crybaby

don't understand why or how, it's beyond garbage that it is laughable

Attached: 22904737_10155025734628587_414625498862675121_o.jpg (2048x1536, 516K)

Yes, it didn’t impress me enough to want to watch the movies.
>MC becomes a God and is forgotten
I liked Gaim and thought Lain and Madoka were just OK, this ending trope really ruined them for me at the end
because it makes any development that the MC has essentially moot.

>Evas pacing is fucked.
no it isn't you retard

>this ending trope really ruined them for me at the end
because it makes any development that the MC has essentially moot.
YES! WATCH REBELLION.
I hated the ending, now it's my favorite anime of all time 11/10 BOAT.
If you think the series is good, but you hated the ending, then you will absolutely love Rebellion.
Go watch it now.

>the movies.
It is only one movie. The first two are recaps, so it won't take that long.
Also, you need to understand that this is not the case of a "supplemental fanservice anime movie". The movie is much better than the series in every aspect.
It's exactly like End of Evangelion is for Eva, it's what makes it truly legendary.

Attached: MadokaWEG.jpg (1100x1000, 415K)

If I end up watching it I’m going to write down these post numbers to specifically call you retarded if it sucks.

Please do that.
You have the right attitude for it,
so I'm very sure you will come back here and thank us later.

Ew you crossdress don't you

Attached: danbooru.donmai.us 1335341 1girl angry bad_id bad_pixiv_id blue_eyes motako_(motamota) neon_genesis_ (989x683, 887K)

Every time I see an absolute negative post of Eva i think the person doesnt understand emotion and depression. The whole series is about relationships and dealing with your emotions through far from perfect people. Simply put, nay sayers lack empathy, emotional intelligence, or had a very good life and cant relate to the characters.

Sorry user I meant to send it too OP

Attached: danbooru.donmai.us 800512 1girl _ bangs bare_shoulders blush bodysuit closed_eyes grin hair_between_ (934x1008, 143K)

this is now a Homu thread

Attached: Homura Akuma.jpg (1440x1018, 187K)