How is the new Boogiepop adaption compared to previous adaptions and the original work?

How is the new Boogiepop adaption compared to previous adaptions and the original work?

Attached: file.png (225x350, 156K)

it was never adapted, the 200x one was a spin off

Well is 2019 Boogiepop good or what?

As a stand alone story it is good.
Quality animation and decent writing.
Soundtrack is alright.

First 3 episodes kind of suck but the rest is decent, I'd say.

First arc rushed, second is good, third is great

This type of thread will not be comfy

Attached: D0IitsSWwAA8GbX.jpg (1280x720, 24K)

I loved that shot. The movement of the cape looks so cool.

this is an /imagination/ thread now.

Attached: jin.png (768x768, 319K)

The last thread you get, Imaginator-kun. We King of Distortion now.

Seriously, why did they botch the first novel so hard

It needed at least one more episode. And better production values; animation was the choppiest back then.

Chuunishit needs more cloaks. I'd trade belts and zippers for more cloaks.

I like Touka better in this old design but Boogiepop better in the new one.

Attached: 1-8.jpg (800x600, 47K)

Attached: s-l300.jpg (232x300, 10K)

Nah, new Touka is way more qt

Attached: Touka.jpg (551x579, 126K)

Complete garbage. I knew Madhouse would fuck it all up like they always do, but not to this extent.

AOTY

Attached: 73396100_p0.png (1773x1156, 2.23M)

Watch and make your own decision, it's what she would have wanted

Attached: 1550922627777.jpg (1440x810, 119K)

>gain regeneration and the ability to see fear
>Immediately become a bloodthirsty serial killer
What the hell was Fear Ghoul's problem?

Watching a world without fear is like watching all anime in 480p black+white. Why would you do such a thing?

That she suffered from chronic fear and didn't know how to cope with it. She had these issues all her life, before she took the evolution drug. The drug just gave her a means to project her fear on others as a form of compensation.

Currently I'm at ep 11 in Boogiepop 2019 and yet I still don't fully understand the plot.

I do understand that Boogiepop is a reaper who kills off people when they're at their highest in their performances.
Also I feel like the enemies there don't really play that big of a role and as a whole, all of it feels rushed and nothing gets explained properly.

Can somebody explain the plot to me or should I just watch the old Boogiepop?

I seriously can't be the only one thinking like that.

Attached: hnnggG.gif (500x250, 183K)

Shit

Is this bait? I refuse to believe there's someone this brainlet.

Was scarecrow a lolicon? He seemed to hang out with too many little girls

I couldn't really hold interest through the first two episodes, so I dropped it before I could figure out if I was supposed to be going into it with preexisting knowledge or if something would be made clear later. But if you feel that way by episode 11 I don't really even know what to make of that.

watch the old adaptation

She was a coward, she became more of a coward after she could taste, see and identify them. In the end it wasn't enough so she wanted all the Fear to be gone. Her killing were just her way of coping I think.

t. brainlet

Attached: Spooky.jpg (980x998, 426K)

ngl it is tough to follow though. just read a little bit of the main plot in the wikia or whatever and you should be good to go. i think the main problem is, that it's not told by chronological order and that can confuse alot of people and leave them puzzled.

The characters are not really that memorable and the new adaptation tries to be confusing just for the hell of it.

The plot is not really that hard to understand but it's the way they handled it poorly. Just do what user says and you should be good to go.

>he says this when only the first arc is in non chronological order

>confusing just for the hell of it
Literally how

>They think Imaginator died

Attached: Dw6aiK5X4AAfTyp.jpg (640x360, 23K)

Attached: D0QKzZTUwAANyCA.jpg (667x680, 117K)

By removing a lot of stuff from the first arc, it did became somewhat more confusing than it was in the novel. Some things in Vs Imaginator were also a little more confusing, like the reason why Suema was so drawn to mystery shit. At Dawn was better, but the way they cut some scenes made them somewhat more confusing than they needed to be.

That's not "confusing just for the hell of it" , considering you need to be actually retarded to not get most of it.

No, it's needlessly confusing. And a lot of these changes make no sense to start with.

That jacket is /fa/ as fuck!

Attached: sample801858fcce416a3dd54af17b036b4103.jpg (1400x787, 129K)

I watched the old adaptation, because I wanted more boogiepop, but it turned out to be a big waste of time.

Characters lacked distinction (there were two glasses girls that looked the same), story was shitting on established lore and the visuals were all blurry and brownish.

So yeah, it was shit.

I could've told you that.

Reposting this little bit of the interview with Aoi Yuki

>---It's called "he" in the story, but it's not a man, is it?

>Yes. To make people understand the personality change from Touka, at first I thought it would be better to make Boogiepop sound more like a boy, but as soon I as could imagine a gender he became too human. On the other hand, if I wanted to make it sound asexual, this time I was told "please make it a boy rather than that." Harsh! (laughs). So, in order to make them feel different, I made Touka sound cuter.

>---I was impressed with Touka as an easier-to-understand form rather than the uncontrollable Boogiepop.

>I felt that it was the most natural. However, in the "Boogiepop at Dawn" arc, there was a scene where Touka gradually became Boogiepop as a gradation in the hospital, and that was honestly insanely fun!

>---Was it fun rather than difficult?

>Yes, it was really fun! (laughs) I was like "you're asking me to do something pretty complicated" but I felt this is how an actor shows their worth.

Nobody knows, everyone dropped it after those awful first 3 episodes.

Does Jin fuck his cousin?

No but Imaginator as her mouth raped him

Attached: 1523210854877.jpg (1920x1080, 132K)

No, why would he?

He doesn't even like her because she's only a sad girl while he's a despair boy.

So we're getting the king of distortion episodes every saturday for the next 4 weeks?

Suiko strikes me as the kind of woman who takes what she wants. Must be a tiger in bed.

Every Friday for the next 5 weeks. The show has 18 episodes total.

It's on Friday and we have 5 episodes left.