Combats a mans job

>combats a mans job
based

Attached: 1546939552474.png (488x324, 161K)

>Constantly told to "act like a boy"
>Finally caves against his own nature
>Eaten by physics monster
The universe itself demands Shinji remain a cute femboy.

Attached: shinji crossdress.jpg (1440x1080, 154K)

Shinji's such a good boy

Attached: 1527177131068.jpg (303x325, 12K)

it's just the natural state of affairs, after all

Attached: 1545004931635.jpg (569x800, 66K)

My boyfriend Shinji is so cute.

Based Shinji puitting women back in their place

Based evangelion

Attached: when the redpill hits.png (742x170, 43K)

Why was Shinji such a faggot, both literally and figuratively?

>Shinji
>a man
>when he was being bullied by literal toddlers the day before he said that

Attached: 1550014082605.webm (720x540, 2.74M)

Those toddlers probably died in subsequent angel attacks so who's laughing now?

Attached: 1533337398585.jpg (496x615, 59K)

ReiShin is so fucking adorable
>literal faggot
Would a faggot fap to exposed tiddies? We have direct evidence Shinji likes pussy, whereas for Kaworu you have the ambiguous "I loved him" after he died

Attached: 1534303228313.jpg (1378x1563, 1.06M)

In the end shinji went deep into rei's forehead pussy

Based.

Attached: 1527657772171.jpg (1440x1080, 175K)

Can we turn this into the high IQ Eva thread

Attached: 1465740895235.jpg (600x449, 81K)

The show would be better if this was what it was about, honestly

>who's laughing now?

Not Shinji.

What has the madman got planned for 4.0?

Attached: neon-genesis-evangelion-cuarta-pelicula-hideaki-anno-produccion-2.jpg (1024x768, 117K)

Crashing the franchise with no survivors

Attached: bane_baka.jpg (499x319, 45K)

Yeah, and look where it got both of them.

Finishing the original purpose of Eva - gay alien shipping.

Attached: 1528024872330.png (601x670, 578K)

Based, ban /lgbt/ trapfags

why is Eva gay propaganda

Attached: Homos and Dykes.jpg (598x1498, 232K)

This is the last thing Abe needs. If Anno is a true patriot he will promote heterosexual relations for the purpose of procreation

It's working. I used to think I was straight before getting into this whole thing but now I suspect I'm at least somewhat bisexual. I'd never let a dude put it in my butt but I wouldn't mind fucking a cute trap

Attached: homo_delightful.jpg (250x326, 43K)

based

Attached: 1549250356349.jpg (1000x1333, 185K)

please no more cgi mechas
please no more michael bay fights
please no more mari

Attached: 20180718_143739.jpg (775x779, 247K)

young men are good too.

Attached: Chiyo_shota_lover.jpg (1280x921, 760K)

They wouldn't be so tough when his boyfriend is around

Make Rei x Shinji Anno damnit, properly.

Stop being so butthurt Rei is more popular.

Someone high up in Eva definitely has a Bishounen thing

Attached: tumblr_n8bix8M3LN1s20ivko1_500.gif (500x500, 1.98M)

based

Attached: based.jpg (2057x1904, 1.85M)

Anonymous for President of the Internet.
Make the Tripcaust real already.

please tell me this ends with a threesome involving asuka, rei and shinji

Unfortunately it has a copout ending where nobody wins and Shinji literally doesn't even realise that most of the cast wants his cock.
Some damn nice art, though.

Attached: sirp.jpg (1035x1500, 465K)

Ironic that Asuka is the one who steps up to fight off all the clone evas in EoE while Shinji sits and mopes

They do start dating as a threesome. It's just Shinji that doesn't realize they're dates.

Not really, you missed the point of the scene.

Asuka is just a puppet. Her getting back into the EVA, which is simply what NERV puppeteers her to do, is a relapse.

This is why she is utterly btfo and destroyed.

Shinji's tears give Asuka power.
He was fighting the good fight.

I mean she was put in the Eva when she was in a coma. When she woke up she only had the choice to fight or die. She chose to fight. If she hadn't run out of power, she may have been able to actually destroy them properly.

And comparatively, when Shinji had the choice between fight or die, he literally chose to let that soldier blow his brains out. If Misato hadn't shown up at that very moment, he'd have died.

>just wakes up in EVA-02
>has choice to fight to the end or just curl up and die, nobody would even know she woke up
>grasps her independence and will to live with both hands and fights rather than accepting the bullshit the world tries to force on her
Only delusion can call such a thing puppetry. It's the purest expression of independent choice there is.

source?

Wait is this real

Not really, she could simply eject.

There might not even have been a reason to fight.
Asuka attacked first, the MP-EVA's were content with standing there. She never stood a chance becuase they had 12 lances and could instantly BTFO her whenever they wanted.
This scene separates the retards from the non-retards. Asuka never had a chance and those that think she did, are the retards.

The point is that Asuka is a puppet whose strings are the Evangelion. This is merely a relapse, her dying what she was trained and programmed to do: fight and die.

Its a doujin

He laughed when he let them die.

That's not what happened though. It's sad that people didn't get Anno's simple message. Asuka is supposed to represent the escapist otaku fantasizing about being a mecha pilot. She never had any independency of her own and couldn't live without doing what she was groomed to do, pilot the EVA. It's no coincidence she collapses into a doll-like state when they rescind her EVA pilot status, and revive when they put her back in the EVA.

Asuka spent her life in a dream NERV created for her, to be a "special" EVA pilot that was #1. Because Asuka had no personality of her own, she was practically their puppet and like a good puppet she served her purpose when they sent her to her death, and Asuka like a good puppet, even when outmatched, still went out fighting pointlessly when a tactical retreat would have been smarter.

The exact same mistake she repeated in the earlier series, except there was no one there to save her this time.

Shinji Ikari Raising Project, the OTHER licensed spinoff manga that isn't Angelic Days.

Attached: Chiyo_daemon.jpg (2150x3035, 2.27M)

>He cried
Fixed.

>Eject
>Military bomb the plug to bits, and then sent soldiers to the wreckage just to make sure
Nice plan, retard. Literally her only chance of survival was a last-man-standing situation.
A tactical retreat to fucking where? The only charging cable she can use is the one she's attached to, and NERV is currently almost entirely occupied by the JSSDF.
You simply don't wish to face facts that this scene is clearly celebrating Asuka's newfound determination.

>stay in the plug
>get btfo by superior numbers and superior firepower

We all know how it went for Asuka. Ejecting would award her more time and thats a fact.

She didn't know the MP Evas could regenerate
In fact, despite their AT-field-piercing lances, if they couldn't regen they would have lost even with superior numbers, considering they all got destroyed once. Their AI used a dummy plug and it was much worse at combat than an actual pilot

>3 minutes later
>screaming his ass off for Misato, Asuka, and Rei to save him

No, you're the one who doesn't want to face facts. Her "newfound determination" was never there, and at any rate it was celebrated by being torn to shreds and destroyed. Not a celebration in any narrative sense whatsoever.

That's the problem with evafags. You don't get your own favorite anime, nor are you actually capable of moving beyond it. What's worse is the pathetic Asuka waifufags.

Stop idealizing a character who was never meant to be idealized as much as demonized for it's flaws.

Well when you fall into an alternate dimension, you keep calm.

Stop making excuses you pathetic fat fuck. You misunderstood the whole thing because "MUH GIANT ROBOT FIGHT AND WAIFU". No no no. Fuck.

EVA's regenerating are public knowledge, so much that even regular plebs know it. We've seen it since the very first episode. Not just that, we also know for a fact that cutting off a limb or two doesn't really do shit. It'll hurt, but it's not disabled. Hell asuka knows this especially because she got both of her arms cut off and STILL wasn't out of combat.

Your "waifu" is sick and you're not supposed to glorify what is her last and final failure before dying. It's characterized as a gangrape by the guy who directed it as well.

Rei might be able to do it, but I think it's more likely it would never occur to her she was worth rescuing and she'd prime the self-destruct to do what she could to injure the Angel. Asuka would use up the battery within minutes trying to dig her own way out.

Asuka would dig her own grave in the process.

Rei would likely destroy herself and the Angel in the process, yes. But it's something Rei can afford to do that others can not.

She didn't have a chance against them because it was the literal goddamn apocalypse, but she made the choice to live on her feet and fight.

If she didn't have that, she wouldn't have come back at the end, her will wouldn't have been strong enough to maintain her identity in the LCL sea.

Don't bother arguing with him, that guy will randomly insert his anti-Asuka rants into any Eva thread he sees and derail it.

Stop responding to the 'asuka is a doll' autist

Rei would've done the same thing Shinji did, wait for instructions as per training.

Did she?

She was put there by those who brainwashed her into being an EVA pilot doll in the first place. She did nothing except what she was made to do.

That's not really the point here. Asuka isn't really making the choice herself, since she was deliberately put there by someone else. Then it's not her own strength, but rather that of her dead mother. If Evangelion teaches something, it's that dead people remain dead one way or the other.

The reason Asuka is able to come back at the end is because of Rei and Shinji. Shinji is broken by SEELE to start instrumentality, saving all souls, and Rei compels Shinji to stop it, releasing all souls. That's why Asuka (and everyone else) can come back.

This.

Or the energy of the explosion disperses through that white void with no apparent boundaries and the angel never feels it. What Shinji does by accident looks like the best option, because the angel didn't shift an inch after it had him and was concentrating on figuring him out.

Hey, not everyone thinks everything the Eva pilots do are supposed to be good. Shinji running away isn't great either, you know. Even though Rei saves the day, it's often so that it also causes her a lot of harm and those around her. But yeah, Asuka definitely was a broken doll at that point.

see these:

This guy gets it. They have instructions. Shinji follows until he can't take it any more. Rei has stronger nerves and could probably wait it out. That said, she may self-destruct at the very, very end since it has a chance of defeating the Angel.
As for Asuka.... yeah. Wouldn't last even a few hours probably and spend all the oxygen.

>people are still arguing about eva
It’s almost the year 2020, guys.

We'll keep this shit up until the series has its 100th anniversary

Attached: 142.jpg (447x403, 115K)

Anywhere but there basically. How retarded are you if you think you can take on 12 more advanced EVA's all equipped with S2 engines and weapons? I mean really? What the fuck was Asuka thinking? Imagine being that bad at tactics. It's just repeat of the characters earlier pathetic failures at piloting, like against Zeruel.

>gets both her hands lopped clean off
>she channels monthy python's black knight and charges
>gets her head chopped off
It would be comedy if it wasn't so pathetic.

Do you have any interest in Eva other than shitting on Asuka's character every time it's mentioned? What sort of terrible writer is Anno anyway to make a character who, by your logic, exists solely to do everything wrong and provide a walking example of failure every time she appears? That's as one-dimensional as characters get, yet he decided to make one of them a main character?
I sincerely doubt that someone who views Eva in such black-and-white terms as these could possibly like it. After all, it would seem so completely amateurishly written if you genuinely believe all the bullshit you write.

It's good writing actually.

Misato also wanted her to fight them, and Misato was trying to have Shinji go fight em too.

Wait, what makes you think that's amateurishy written? Subverting waifufags and otaku is not only brilliant, it's what Evangelion is known for. Tell me, what interest do you have in EVA except jerking off to the waifus?

Your fantasy "perfect Asuka" != the canon Asuka. That's the point NGE hammers into you, and it's a thing central to Asuka's character. Like, find another anime if you want waifus.

Good old NERV, making children fight their battles, while they hide out in the most secure place, the command center.

Funny how everyone there survived until the rapture came, while Asuka got destroyed.

gays and pianos

>subverting waifufags and otaku is not only brilliant, it's what Evangelion is known for
Evangelion is the most pro-otaku and pro-waifu Anime of the 90s, it didn't subvert shit.

Attached: n1549068811420.png (1080x1091, 435K)

This. Evangelion deconstructs the trope of the "fiery warrior mecha pilot" expertly, and can't in any way be called amateurish or even poor writing. Unfortunately some people are still stuck at the otaku/child stage where they can't grow up from the fantasy and realize Asuka was intentionally written to be a failure, and it wasn't just an "accident" that she didn't win.

According to interviews, Asuka's fate was sealed early on as she allegedly was supposed to die from going insane even earlier in the show.

t. crying otaku mad Anno buttraped them

>Evangelion is the most pro-otaku and pro-waifu Anime of the 90s, it didn't subvert shit.

This has to be bait.

Well Misato died first, and everyone except for the named bridge crew got shot up first.

Though how they held off the whole army with their little handguns for several minutes until the army pulled out is a mystery that makes no sense.

Rei v. Asuka for over 20 years, are you fucking kidding me?

If Anno had the balls to buttrape otakus that would be a worthy conversation, unfortunately Anno is one of the biggest otaku out there and Evangelion is an extremely pro-otaku show for the 90s audience.

Attached: 1438626159797.png (260x298, 49K)

Newsflash: Asuka isn't a good character in the three-dimensional sense. She's a character archetype that doesn't develop over the course of the series. Evangelion uses that to contrast with Shinji and Rei, who DO grow and change and thus reaps the spoils. Asuka was a puppet stuck in puppet-mode and was thusly just moved around the chessboard like a pawn to be sacrificed, which is literally what happens in EoE when Misato moves her lifeless body into the EVA.

>Walking out of the human goo isn’t character development

NGE and EoE was that buttraping. From the looks of it, you got so traumatized by it you're denying the entire latter half didn't happen and just constructed yourself a "happy fantasy version" where somehow Asuka being used as a literal cumrag, then being moved like a real-doll into a giant warmachine to be slaughtered and ganged is somehow a "triumph".

Not that Anno isn't an otaku himself, but at that point in his life - he challenged himself and made one of the greatest anime ever made.

>thus reaps the spoils
Causing the apocalypse and dying respectively is reaping the spoils?

Also Rei's character development comes solely from Rei III no longer giving a shit about Gendo. Rei II would have kept loyal.

It isnẗ.

AYANAMI REI IS A WOMAN WHO COULD BECOME MY MOTHER

Some things never change
The tenacity is admirable, if nothing else

Now I know you didnt get EVA. Rei changes over the course of the entire series. Rei III was just the final drop that made the chalice overflow.

I think you need to read the posts your replying to, I was the user agreeing with you early in the conversation. My point of contention is that Eva is somehow anti-otaku which is blatantly wrong. Asuka herself is a very pro-otaku character. A foreign girl who's also half-American half-German AND half-Japanese? Oh, and she has a college degree at only 14! You've got to be kidding me if you think that doesn't classify as otaku garbage.

Attached: 1549116834459.gif (540x302, 1.45M)

Hey, guys!
Rei! Yes, Ayanami Rei!
Very cute!

Then where did her will come from.

Shinji was able to confront himself and realize new things about others, as was Rei. Rei came to understand through Shinji and her interaction with others that Gendo isn't really such a beacon of hope that she thought he was.

While Shinji eventually succumbed to despair, his union with Rei in the end is what makes him climb out of it, which reaffirms Evangelion's positive message.

Bad bait, but I do know some people stupid enough that that believe this.

Why are all these newfags still discussing shit with the autist that replies to his own posts to agree with himself? He's derailing almost every thread with his bullshit

>Subverting waifufags
>Has the longest standing waifuwar
Like pottery

t. retard who's only watched 5 anime and thinks evangelion is both original and a deconstruction

True, but all those things turn out to be either lies, worth nothing or simply a grand projection which ultimately causes the character's downfall.

If that's not subversion in your book, well, then your book is due for a correction.

If they idea was to subvert waifufags then you don't make a show with 2 cute girls constantly in skin-tight outfits.

Attached: 1425221535.jpg (600x587, 61K)

Two promising eva threads ruined today, one by the autistic madokafag, this one by the "asuka is a npc" sperg

Attached: 1546663683284.jpg (320x454, 249K)

It's a subversion of the character's expectations, not a subversion of otaku culture - quite the opposite. Characters Asuka was inspired by - Jung, Nadia, Kushana, etc. all had the exact same character arc of spiraling into despair and are still celebrated by otaku.

Actual character development, and becoming the reason Evangelion even at all gets to land on a somewhat positive note is the "spoils". It's not grand or bountiful, but in the narrative sense it's great. Characters suffer and die, but it's the point that's made through them that matters.

it CAN be helped.

Exactly. Since you can't answer that question without resorting to fan fiction, there is no character development - only a contrivance which makes Asuka a narrative device.

You either die a hero, or live long enough to see yourself the villain.
Anno clearly did the latter.

*viewer's expectations

Post more Asukas and Reis together

Attached: 1538652964015.jpg (541x600, 79K)

The real curse of Eva is that it's appealing enough to attract an audience that hasn't seen much else and makes them feel smart enough to blab their takes. Like that a show intended to be profitable and save the studio, conceived by a military and film otaku and pitched to investors with the words "we must increase the number of otaku", was intended as an indictment of an anime otaku culture that didn't exist yet.

Attached: 1535593567745.jpg (1280x1847, 275K)

While Asuka is ripped off from some of those, that is the point. To subvert this character archetype the otaku are already familiar with. The viewer is in this case the otaku.

Otaku culture will live on regardless, the point wasn't to kill it merely criticize it. Through making a loser, failure character like Asuka, that criticism is complete. Of course, otaku who identify with being a loser might like Asuka. That can't be helped.

This pic is one of my favorites

Attached: 1545519559978.jpg (1727x1200, 200K)

Thread looks fine to me. It sounds only like you're sore Yea Forums destroyed your fantasy image of your waifu. They didn't lie or misrepresent her, you did and you refused to take responsibility.

Attached: 672fee394026951d11c67072f2322f7f-700.jpg (1245x700, 172K)

Ignore it, it's yet-another-butthurt-asukafag who couldn't deal with the themes of EVA since they hit too close to home.

those monster of the week early/middle episodes are peak comfy. I can just rewatch those from time to time and pretend the artsty final act doesn't exist

Rei and Asuka are both deeply, and disgustingly, flawed characters that are never portrayed in a truly positive light. Viewers may be sympathetic towards their life, but the show never glorifies them. One of Eva's deepest themes is dealing with escapism, but Otaku's who want to escape will almost never, regardless of how much they like the show, change their life solely because of it. So it got pulled into the culture, and Rei and Asuka were perverted despite that they clearly go against the theme. Look at Asuka in NGE compared to 2.0, they're entirely different characters. Regardless of your inability to think critically, NGE attacks issues with otakus, segregating youself, and using anime as escapism.

There, I replied, congratulations.

Asuka and Rei were sexualised almost instantly. Anno isn't the problem, it's the society which he clearly didn't criticize hard enough. They fail to realize they're celebrating what he is deriding.

nice headcanon

Yes, Anno is the problem. The designers and Anno himself sexualize them themselves. They are sexy by design. I don't disagree that Evangelion isn't a direct criticism of otaku culture.

But indirectly? Yes.

>Yea Forums destroyed your fantasy image of your waifu.
Now you're just making shit up

>To subvert this character archetype the otaku are already familiar with
But my point is subverting the viewer's expectations =! subverting otaku. Nothing about her failure and downward spiral into the rusty bathtub subverts or pushes otaku away, that's why they're otaku in the first place - they don't react the way normal people like you and I do.
Asuka's character went down the same way characters of her archetype have gone down 20 years before Eva aired.
It stands that Eva is still a very otaku-friendly show.

>Asuka and Rei were sexualised almost instantly. Anno isn't the problem, it's the society which he clearly didn't criticize hard enough. They fail to realize they're celebrating what he is deriding.
how DARE otakus sexualize characters in a show that has misato's VA promising more fanservice at the end of every next-episode blurb

>it's the society

Attached: 5252525.jpg (888x499, 84K)

Attached: evangelion polygamy 2.jpg (450x634, 145K)

Well I see two problems with that statement. Concerning Rei, if she's outright mentioned to be a representation of hope and love, while also having a positive character arc herself that eventually leads to the main character being able to redeem himself, and stopping the villains plot to doom mankind to eternal stagnation - isn't that positive?

I don't think they're glorified necessarily either, it's true that Rei is pathetic, but not without hope, meaning or reason. I believe that Rei's failures socially and existentially are there to demonstrate that there is a way to successfully cope with them. That is after all, what Rei does.
On Asuka you have a point, which is why she never amounts to anything but that failure, and is even in the end at the mercy of those greater than her.
Rebuild of course, is another thing. Anno is not trying to be serious here, simply to pander to otaku, with 3.33 taking it the absolute farthest so far.

>Asuka and Rei were sexualised almost instantly. Anno isn't the problem, it's the society which he clearly didn't criticize hard enough. They fail to realize they're celebrating what he is deriding.

Anno did intentionally sexualize the characters, to his own amusement and pleasure. This is something he has remarked before. Anno is anything but pure, but with NGE/EVA he was able to criticize himself, which is what makes it believable, serious and noteworthy.

I bet no one would would remember NGE if Asuka and Rei were fat. They would just call it that anime someone made while on meth.

Sorry, I shouldn't have said sexualised. I can't think of an entirely appropriate word, maybe romanticized or fetishized? The sexual imagery in Eva serves a purpose, but I mean the fetishization of those characters. 2.0 is perfect for a parallel, hopefully purposefully.

I meant sub-culture, fuck. I wrote that out in like 2 minutes reee

It's all right. Take your meds, go to bed Asukafag chan. Grownups are talking. Maybe when you grow up you'll see Misato is better.

>you see, he does sexualize children, but he also criticizes himself for it so it's interesting
or
or
he could also not sexualize children in the first place

>one of the greatest anime ever made.
Eva is overrated garbage for people who've seen 3 other anime

Fuck you.

Seething

>buzzwords
Cope.

That's not true. It did push them away. Who'd want a pathetic loser like that? Only the most hardcore, perhaps.
Asuka is far worse off by design than any of your examples. Kushana still retains nobility, Jung still retains her strength, but Asuka is only fit for failure.
...and between them, who is the celebrated favorite? Is it Kushana, or is Nausicaa? Is it Jung, or is it Noriko?
Was it Rei or Asuka? Japan doesn't consider NGE Asuka a heroine and rightfully so. She isn't. Rei is, on the other hand.

Heroes aren't bad in themselves.

>That tripcode name
based

Asuka bantering with Shinji while Rei's off to the side watching them like a hawk, not really getting it and unsure if Asuka needs slapped, is too much like heaven. Earth isn't good enough to sustain it for very long.

Attached: 1537396871173.jpg (1280x953, 236K)

Hopefully a three hour recording of Anno laughing on screen.

2.0 less so than 3.0, but I suppose.

Rei's character arc would still retain it's positive nature and the beauty of self-sacrifice and heroic tropes would remain, perhaps amplified by the lack of outer beauty.

Asukafags plain wouldn't exist though. Imagine a fat bitch that ruin everything for everyone. Without her appearance, Asuka is just that fat bitch from Hardcore Pawn.
True.
Fuck off.

Cope is a buzzword

Best ending

Attached: 51747012.jpg (438x600, 290K)

Everything you write is a buzzword.
Stop existing.

Seething

My wife Rei is so cute.

Is bringing in the Rebuilds really fair? They're not NGE, and Anno has fallen from grace in terms of being a serious writer. With the Rebuilds his only occupation is pleasing himself, apparently. Apparently he couldn't handle Japan loving (and still loving) Rei over his own favorite archetype, Asuka. (Jung, Kushana, even his wife according to Insufficient Direction).
Otaku like Anno are fragile creatures, and the reason the Rebuilds suck can be accurately explained by the weakness in the Asukafag psyche infecting the franchise.

I'm not entirely convinced, some people are really weird like that.

Attached: 1452985419448.png (958x720, 844K)

That makes no sense.
Rebuild 2 was Rei pandering, and then Rebuild 3 showed Anno's true colors with Kaworu pandering to the absolute MAX

The point is that 2.0 added elements to both Rei and Asuka's characters that made them typical love interests. Before, they were romantically devoid of anything worthwhile, yet were fetishized by fans anyway. The other user replied to me, and his point about Rei having a positive story is a fair one, yet it doesn't mean she had any romantically redeeming qualities. Plus, I was initially replying to a post that said 'Evangelion is the most pro-otaku and pro-waifu Anime of the 90s, it didn't subvert shit.', which I only wanted to show was pure unadulterated horse shit.

The comparison would be flawed for a deeper analysis, but for the small point I'm trying to make it works fine.

It makes perfect sense dear. Don't let your fandom for Asuka blind you on this one: Conveniently you're leaving out the Asuka pandering in 2.0 and 3.0. Kaworu pandering as well, seeing as Kaworu is one of his favorite characters.
You say 2.0 was Rei pandering, but - if Shinji saves Rei, how does that improve Rei's character? On the other hand, if Asuka enters with solo kills, is upgraded to a captain of the air force, is more mature, has unpleasant traits like liking older men removed, and then has a subplot about how generous she is to sacrifice her own happiness for others - doesn't that make Asuka seem just that much better than NGE Asuka?
In the end we know by 3.0 that Rei wasn't saved but rather mocked, and Asuka still continues on except with more solo action scenes, and added superpowers.

Indeed, Asuka is even named "warrior princess" now, taking after Anno's favorite Kushana, whom he wanted to make an OVA for.

Did you consider that in NGE, there are scenes which Rei professes to desire to be one with Shinji, and later straddles him naked in NGE? Or the scenes where she blushes in his presence, or when Shinji says Rei would make a good housewife? The parts where Asuka asks Shinji if he's dating Rei? These elements are there, only spread out. Had Rebuild been a serious venture, perhaps they could simply have done the same there.

I agree with your take though. That is indeed horseshit.

FATSUKA HUNGRY

>and the reason the Rebuilds suck can be accurately explained by the weakness in the Asukafag psyche infecting the franchise.
And to think I even gave you the benefit of the doubt as I read some of your posts

Attached: 1546727513451wg.jpg (412x800, 106K)

The real Asuka (ALERT: NOT FOR THE SENSITIVE HEART; SEE UNDER YOUR OWN DISCRETION)

Attached: asuka.png (691x681, 26K)

unbased

Attached: 47950ef07581e0168c0d2665cdcf7e741b0957a2ee954fc647dcbe1cdcffc43d.png (517x437, 315K)

Yer mad its true. Grow up.

Cringe.

>even his wife according to Insufficient Direction
source, he never said asuka was like his wife.

I having these feelings of wanting to hug Rei.
Fucking Hell, why did I watch Evangelion? I've been living like this seventeen years. I just want to hug her.

we all know that feel
maybe 4.0 will let her be happy, even if she's not the same Rei from the TV continuity

Attached: 1547560040395.jpg (1500x2500, 520K)

Every time I remember this I feel worse than all the Evangelion cast combined.
I bet everyone here knows that feel. The feel that you just realized you had a heart, right in the moment it shattered into millions of pieces. It hurts so much it becomes physical pain.

Agreed, /jp/ has better taste in anime.

I trust everything shall proceed as we have planned Anno-san?

Attached: prime-minister-shinzo-photo-by-the-asahi-shimbun-via-getty-images-sqaure.jpg (300x300, 12K)

And what's that? Shinji impregnating everyone and repopulating the Earth post-3I?

I've never understood why their relationship had to be shitty. This fanart makes it look like the best thing ever made in anime.

Rei is too autistic to have friends ("I'll befriend you if I'm ordered to"), Shinji ends up being her first real friend
+ Asuka hates the kind of person Rei is, remember the slap scene

It's just so sad. Life really is shit.

Asuka was too stupid to read between the lines and see that Rei wasn't looking down at her. That's what it boils down to.

damn straight.

because they've all had very emotionally damaging upbringings and are in a very unhealthy environment at nerv

will anno fuck up the next Rebuild movie by just redoing end of evangelion again?

Attached: 1469487874283.jpg (240x208, 10K)

>unconfirmed ships for fujo/homo pandering
the absolute state of nu/a/