What went wrong?

What went wrong?

Attached: 220px-Bleach_cover_01.jpg (220x349, 29K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=ZPyK1J6PnF4
youtu.be/kpylHpzBk6M
youtube.com/watch?v=bMwaDeJFx60
missstormcaller.tumblr.com/CFYOW
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Ichigo not confessing his love to Chad.

Ichigo not confessing his love to Rukia.

Ichigo not confessing his love to Uryu.

Ichigo went from chad to pussyboi

kubo decided to make arcs after soul society that didnt just skip straight to arrancar / aizen.

Are you people not tired of the same thread over and over again?

Attached: Dyb-oFqVYAExeVW.jpg (827x1200, 149K)

Your dad not using a condom

>implying shitposters like OP are people

OP fucking desperate after making his fifth bait thread today
>arcs after soul society that didnt just skip straight to arrancar / aizen

What did he mean by this?

>fifth bait thread today
Real shit? I only saw the one about ichitatsu and the one comparing Ichigo to Naruto and Luffy

Starrk and Lilynette not being saved.

Stop bumping your failed thread

This is the correct response

Death is the ultimate salvation

>Orihime not confessing her love to Rukia.

fify

Ichigos transformation is similar to Jim halpert

Kubo outright said he wanted time off to think of where it should go, but was denied.

Kubo is likely the reason why they give the mangaka one week off every month now.

And why MHA et al run seasonally instead of every week without pause, adding filler nonstop

Really glad that dumb little shit never got his own manga and if he ever does it will flop spectacularly.

>It would flop
Lmao. Did you realize how popular bleach still is, over 5 years later?

It would be just as, if not more popular then most things currently in SJ.

>implying this isn't the same Yea Forums that's been arguing about NGE for thirty years

it's almost as if we like it

>like it
Check the OP

Bleach is forgotten, all the kids now don't even know about it.
Only a small fraction of the original fanbase who are mentally ill would pay attention to it.

>Check the faggot
Kek

>he says as he still pays attention to it

It should have stopped after aizen.

I don't. I have no idea what Kubo has been doing with his life for the past years, and I don't care.

>and I don't care
And yet you still replied

Why?

Yes I did. What of it?

Based.
The best decision you could have ever made.

Oh he´s being tsundere. How cute

Should have stuck with the first idea with Aizen being a good guy and Urahara being the real villain.

Why though?

Because then the series would have only one more arc after the SS arc. None of that Aizen trolling bullshit.

I'd have been better. Aizen is great, but I hated how Kubo made of him a villain heavy in dialogues.

How does Urahara being the villain means there will be less arcs? Urahara would be a bigger troll than Aizen

It would have just been Kisuke trolling bullshit instead, you're only changing who the antagonist is, nothing else.

>Powercreep.
>Too many characters coupled with an unwillingness to kill them off when appropriate.
>Ichigo becoming a bland, vanilla plot device designed as a repository for "hype" powerups.
>Poor pacing.
>A nonsensical overarching plot and sloppy half-baked world building.

It was still a wild ride. I don't regret reading it.

>Poor pacing.
The only one of those points I agree with entirely, with the exception of the Xcution arc which had great pacing.

>Ichigo becoming a bland, vanilla plot device designed as a repository for "hype" powerups.
Let me guess, because he didnt want to be shinigami king or whatever?

Nah. My point is that he stopped being a punk kid with grounded ambitions and instead became a quincy/hollow/shinigami/etc chosen one whose sole purpose is to beat the big bad.

My pacing gripe is mostly in reference to the interminable Hueco Mundo arc.

>he stopped being a punk kid
This is called character development

>quincy/hollow/shinigami/etc chosen one whose sole purpose is to beat the big bad.
This isn't an argument related to characterization.

When is Bleach 2?

Attached: bleach-jet-kazui-ichika-rukia-ichigo-kids-1149493-1280x0.jpg (1280x776, 125K)

>with grounded ambitions
>beat the big bad.
His "grounded ambitions" were since the begening and untill the end to protect his peaceful life style. The big bads were threatening to destroy his peaceful life style

>Kubo is likely the reason why they give the mangaka one week off every month now.
You are a dumbass if you believe this. If anything Togashi during YYH got fucked way harder and he took them to court and now Jump is his bitch.

Compared to what they did to Akira Toriyama who was practically forced to write Dragon Ball for way way way longer than he ever intended to this is child's play.

Anime has nothing to do with the manga.

Sure, it's character development, it's just poorly done. When everything that differentiates Ichigo from "insert shonen protagonist here" is whitewashed in service of turning him into a chosen one archetype who super duper special and, oh yeah, he's a heartthrob too, I lose interest in the character.

Feel free to describe any qualities you feel distinguish end-of-manga Ichigo as a fleshed out fully realized character.

its honestly not bad, and probably one of the better shounens out there compared to today. I'd take it over Hero Academy

It turned into shonenshit as soon as Soul Society arc started.

I honestly could not tell you. The fall-off point for naruto was pretty obvious with all the white zetsu/kaguya shit, but I'm not sure with bleach.

Maybe when ichigo became ANYTHING other than half human half shinigami.

Disgusting. The way Kubo handled Rukia's character is all the evidence you need for why he's a hack.

Fullbring arc pacing was atrocious. Nothing fucking happened.

>I dont like it
Sounds like a (You) problem headcanonfag

>This is called character development
It's called character regression you dumb cunt.
Ichigo early on had personality and then he turned into a generic Superman clone.

I thought the fall-off point for Naruto is generally agreed to be after the pain arc.

>The way Kubo handled Rukia's character
That being?
>Nothing fucking happened.
You just speedread through everything that happened

Barely anything. Anybody that says Bleach was trash actually has a hate boner for it and will immediately watch the anime trailer when it releases.

t. doesnt know what character regression is

I mean it definitely, definitely, got way worse there, but I don't think they jumped the shark until kaguya/zetsu shit. I was still ok with tobi being obito, since that had been set up for 100s of episodes.

>Feel free to describe any qualities you feel distinguish end-of-manga Ichigo as a fleshed out fully realized character.
He looks happy at the end, can't really say the same for him during most of the manga.

Why is it so upsetting to you that Ichigo grew out of his punk phase? It was always just a front for his insecurity, from chapter 1 even.

Ad reducto isn't a valid argument.

Turning from a Chad into an Emofag is character regression.

It's almost as if you read an opinion, brainlet user.

Feel free to respond with yours alongside supporting evidence, and we can have what they colloquially refer to as "a dialogue."

Ichigo wasnt even that punk to beging with. He was an honor student and only beat up bullies. He kept doing that in the fullbring arc, he was just less cocky

>He looks happy

lmao

What is the real reason behind giving her a minor role after SS arc? Has Kubo ever said something about?

>respond with yours alongside supporting evidence
You first

Why is it so upsetting to you that people find post-SS arc Ichigo to be a boring character?

>giving her a minor role after SS arc?
Her character arc was mostly complete after her fight with Aaroniero

See

Ichigo was confident, laid back and funny in the first 2 arcs.
After that he became way too emo, serious and boring.

See

Cope

Because "boring" in this case is "I can't self insert anymore".

>a character isn't static and reacts accordingly to bad things that happen in his life
Also he still had moments where he is confident, laid back and funny in the later arcs

I wouldn't be so bad if he would simply describe what he finds so compelling about Ichigo's character development. I'm willing to listen.

That's not what I asked. Why making her almost disappear from the story after that? Note that I'm not downplaying her character, I know she managed to defeat Nodt, but her appearances were a joke compared to what readers expected.

He had all of those characteristics in each of those arcs, you're just cherrypicking.

He was sad, and then he was happy is hardly compelling evidence, my dude.

>compelling about Ichigo's character development
He got over his traumas and became more mature

>What went wrong?
Was selling less with each new vol. and sadly got the axe

>Because "boring" in this case is "I can't self insert anymore".
Literally no because if anything I could self insert into Emo Ichigo better since I'm depressed as hell too.

I don't know how any reader, start to finish, could have ever gotten even the idea Ichigo and Rukia could have feelings

Attached: The connection has not a single hint of strong personal feelings or understanding.jpg (630x375, 55K)

This is nothing special and Ichigo hardly feels more mature.

>IT DOESNT COUNT REEEEEEEEE

Character Clusterfuck Crisp!
Now with marshmallow captains!

>He had all of those characteristics in each of those arcs
Nah he turned into a boring overly serious fuck.
The whole series just turned into boring shit.

Not even Kubo could comprehend them sharing anything

Attached: 1548977821292.jpg (301x386, 21K)

Calm down there, autismo.

Except Ichigo was always depressed...?

Ad reducto isn't a valid argument.

If you can't be bothered to describe Ichigo's profound character development beyond sad ----> happy and immature ----> mature, I can't be bothered to argue with you.

>ad reducts
>is pointed out they are ad reduting
>a-a-a-autism

Really hope we get more artwork in the future.

Attached: 2fxlo1G.jpg (2900x3993, 980K)

>. Why making her almost disappear from the story after that?
She didn't at all. Rukia got the most screentime after Ichigo and Orihime. It just feels like she disappeared because despite being the deuteragonist, she didn't carry much narrative weight throughout the entire manga like say Sasuke. Her storyline didn't connect to the bigger one at hand after a certain point.

>Except Ichigo was always depressed...?
That was not his whole character early on.
There was more comedy and banter, he felt more realistic and believable early on.

In Soul Society arc we saw his character slowly developing into being a cool character that could kick ass.

But then Kubo tossed that all away in favor of copying Naruto and turned Ichigo into a full-on depressive guy.
He tried to go into darker territories but it just didn't feel believable having Ichigo suddenly be this depressive dude compared to how he was characterized before.
Seeing Ichigo get that sad to me was like seeing Goofy sad in A Goofy Movie. It just didn't work.
To me Ichigo was a dumb arrogant bigmouth hilarious motherfucker so his character changing entirely from that just didn't work.

Really Bleach just worked better when it was more of a lighthearted monster of the week show.

When are the espada stories

>what went wrong
the fact it started. Bleach was never good.
Say what you want about Naruto but from the very first chapter it was full of emotion and humanity. The central cast is hard to forget.

the first arc of bleach has for characters

>wish fulfillment MC who beats up gangsters
>strong guy xDD you can tell how strong he is because he hits a hollow with a telephone pole xDD
>Vegeta/Hiei standin with no personality other than "IM A QUINCY"
>serious girl who secretly likes cute things xDD rawr :3 XD
>big tit fuckpig

>Ichigo
>profound character development

Attached: Goku's_Endearing_Laugh.jpg (640x480, 66K)

Yeah, he was! I completely forgot that was Ichigo's character! Depressed all-of-the-time! All than Ban-kaid and I guess my brain just sorta melted.

Attached: 1483133514995.jpg (400x280, 81K)

>Naruto
>full of emotion and humanity
You have to be joking.

I don't like Bleach that much but the first 2 arcs are far more entertaining than anything in Naruto.

Do we ever see Ichigo with such a genuine happy expression after SS arc?
He always gives those cringy fake smiles instead.

Again, these are all characteristics of Ichigo present in literally every arc. Your argument is one entirely of cherrypicking, as I've already stated.

Acting depressed =! Being depressed.

Yeah, in the last chapter.

The characters of Naruto weren't any better. Naruto was the cliche dumbass who was actually gifted aka poor mans Goku, Sasuke was a poor mans Kurapika, and Sakura is by far the most useless heroine in all WSJ that Kishi even tried to take the title from her. Let's not forget to mention all the retcons and how literally nothing made fucking sense and how the whole fight between Neji/Naruto was pointless since Neji was right in the end.

Yup, we've seen him smile plenty of times actually. Remember in the last arc when he found out Orihime and Chad were okay? Remember the smiles he gave Uryu and Renji in the same arc? Remember how happy he was to see the gang before he went to face off Ulquiorra for the final time?

>ad reductio

I'm sure absolutely no one saw a connection between the two of them, you don't have to worry about it.

Attached: Bleach Ending 2 (no sound).webm (480x360, 1.27M)

>burden of proof

>Naruto but from the very first chapter it was full of emotion and humanity.
Here is your (You) because I laughed.

>assblasted shippers still around
holy kek

>What went wrong?
Pic related. Nips having shitty taste, as always.

Attached: sales.png (645x385, 13K)

No idea. We're suppose to see their final forms , right? Hopefully that means more new artwork in the future.

Attached: Dzh1ov3VAAAyJJ3.jpg (1200x500, 184K)

He returned to form with the Fullbring arc, only to fuck it completely by returning Ichigo's powers to him instead of leaving the powerlevels as they were.
You can tell who is here just for the powerlevels rather than the good shit like Shuu-chan mindfucking Ichigo by turning all his friends against him.
The despair was so strong that is was palpable.

Is on (You)

>shitty taste
They use to have shit taste, but this graphic just represents how bad Kubo's writing became.

Nah you got BTFO.

user, anyone can cherrypick to make their argument look better, it doesn't change the fact we do see a range of emotions from Ichigo in every major arc.

I don't ship anything between Ichigo and that other temporary shinigami person, that's stupid. They didn't even get along. There was nothing personal between them and I'm EXTREMELY offended you would insinuate I'd believe otherwise!!!!!!!!!

Attached: 1523231395755.jpg (494x750, 72K)

He looked exhausted in the final chapter.
But even if Kubo wanted to draw genuine happy reactions he can't even do it anymore like he used to because his drawing skill has gone to shit.

>no argument

What was even the main theme of Bleach?

Cope

This was the best ending theme.
Too bad we can't have sound on Yea Forums, how I love this song. The nostalgia.

>He looked exhausted in the final chapter
user confirmed for being unable to read facial expressions

>Naruto was the cliche dumbass who was actually gifted
This is wrong.
Naruto was a huge failure and the laughing stock of the village early on.

I don't think he looked exhausted. I just think Kubo didn't nail adult!Ichigo the way he hoped to. He looks better in other illustrations such as and on the final volume cover. It's clear Kubo wanted him to look like Isshin a bit.

>reductio ad absurdum

It is too bad. I of course have the same webm with sound to post, if it did.
youtube.com/watch?v=ZPyK1J6PnF4

Early Bleach will always be the Bleach i choose to remember. Way more fun.

Attached: 1471562337863.jpg (950x1348, 296K)

Death and life are connected, you can't have one without the other.

Good taste tbqh.
The west also stopped giving a shit once Aizen was defeeated.

>Thinks Kubo is a good writer.
kek

>Naruto was a huge failure and the laughing stock of the village early on.
And? This doesn't negate anything I stated. Naruto did in fact act like a dumbass and he most definitely was gifted, we just found out the latter the more we got into the series.

Cool fighting poses in front of blank backgrounds.

Dont let your fear turn you into a bitch, also, revenge is bad

>he most definitely was gifted
Hardly.
Gifted means that you're talented.
We knew Naruto had the Giant Fox inside him from chapter 1 but that's not what being gifted means.

>Thinks Kubo is a bad writer.
kek

I like the kids' designs even though they're the modified clones of their parents.

>This was the best ending theme.
>Mad Surfer Exists
>Movin exists

Final forms?

Kubo's early art-style was so much more superior it hurts.
Also, Zombiepowder. was the best thing he ever did story-wise, too bad it got canceled.

samefag

>Hardly.
Are you being serious right now? Naruto along with Sasuke were connected to destiny that goes back to the very beginning of everything. Not to mention the clan connections.

>Naruto is a poor mans Goku
This is one of the most hilariously retarded statements I've seen an Yea Forumsnon post unironically in a while. Good job.

Right here.

Attached: H59.png (901x1300, 320K)

Some user mentioned how the Espadas are getting novels and that their final forms will be revealed in said novels. Ulquiorra had his final form revealed in the mobile game, so I'm guessing fans wanted more. Whatever it is, I'm glad Bleach is getting more content.

>Mad Surfer
Meh it was ok
>Movin'
That was LEGIT
Also LIFE was GOAT too.

Apparently not true. Soul Society were all dead people but could
>eat
>sleep
>breathe
>emote
>bleed
>live for hundreds or even thousands of years with apparently little differencenowaitItakethatback you can die of old age?
>Can marry and have sexual intercourse to produce genetically heritable children based on the living DNA make-up that formed their own dead parents, and those brand-new children are born dead (alive)
Also, the living still had super-powers? Both living super-powers and dead super-powers.

Attached: BLEACH Asterisk Wallpaper.jpg (1024x768, 211K)

Seething

Yes he had bullshit power-ups but he never came across as talented.

Zanpakuto arc had good ideas but poor execution. It should have not been filler and should have been good.

youtu.be/kpylHpzBk6M

A crossover of a teenage Kazui and Ichika these three would be neat. I wonder if that's Kubo decided to draw them as teens instead of children like in the last chapter.

>not true because (a whole bunch of unrelated things)

Honestly, the first chapter was okay. I'm hoping it'll actually get serialized, I'd happily read it. Especially if it eventually got some crossover with Bleach for real.

Attached: H58.png (903x1300, 330K)

HE WAS THE COOLEST GUY

Whatever that helps you sleep at night, user.

If it wasn't filler it would have been shittier since Kubo would have been the one writing it.
Zanpakuto arc was ok but I didn't care for the Muramasa/Koga Kuchiki shit.

I stills say Bount arc >>>>>>>>>> anything Kubo wrote after Soul Society.
Seeing Ichigo team up with Byakuya to fight Kariya was godtier.

What does any of that have to do with the theme of the manga?

>Bount Arc
>Good

And yeah, I think the worst part about Zanpakuto Arc was Muramasa. I liked the concept of the Zanpakuto spirits the most.

I'd happily read it as well, but Kubo stated in an interview that took place before it was published that it wouldn't become a full-fledged series. Of course things could change in the future, but I don't think Kubo is interested in committing to another series. It took Kishimoto almost a whole five years to come back, and he's not even going to be drawing his new work.

Attached: DvbTS5eU8AEU0Un.png (1200x811, 420K)

>Bleach Anime (2019)
>No fillers, animation up to today's standards
>TYBW animated right after catching up, with all the shit Kubo wanted but couldn't add
>Then we get CFYOW and Rukia+Ichigo's child scene in the epilogue
How hyped would you be?

Attached: Bleach-Cant-Fear-Your-Own-World-800x445.jpg (800x445, 100K)

Cope

(You) wont get any award for being contrarian

>Rukia+Ichigo's child scene in the epilogue
Keep dreaming.

Attached: 72302313_p0.jpg (800x1132, 124K)

I mean those two of course. In terms of high quality pussy, Orihime is much better and THICCer than Rukia, so Ichigo won either way

Yeah, but it's also a useless and dumb hoe with no worth aside from bearing children.

She can heal and shield. It's good backup.

I don't care what anyone says. Bount arc was the shit.
I always hoped that they would go back to Earth after Soul Society arc and fight new enemies/hollows and shit like they did in the first arc but then Kubo pulled that Aizen shit.
So this more than made up for that shit.

Kariya had such a badass design too.

Attached: grabbing_ichigo_by_the_hair.jpg (640x480, 125K)

Basically Ulq second form for other espadas

>Bount arc was shit.
Agreed.

t. seething kubocuck.

t. seething pierrotcuck

>t. seething Pierrotcuck

Anime died before the manga, take the hint

SEETHING

>implying implications

the manga cost much less to produce

Attached: Jin_Kariya.jpg (613x519, 163K)

>Have to wait until next month for CFYOW/Quincy news
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Maybe I will throw a couple of orbs for Ikkaku.

Attached: qpds4pssxni21.jpg (1024x576, 147K)

he looks like Mihawk

>until next month
This month is almost over

I don't see it.
Mihawk wears a hat and has a mustache

I mean EOM of next month. That's probably when we will get news.

>the manga cost much less to produce
If the quality was high then people would buy the hard copies of the anime, yet they didn't because Pierrot sucks dick and the filler was literal garbage. Bount arc in particular is infamous for QUALITY

>If the quality was high then people would buy the hard copies of the anime
>yet they didn't because Pierrot sucks dick and the filler was literal garbage.
It was literally one of the most sold anime on DVD.
There was also a lot of hardcore Bleachfags pointing this out in threads regularly.

It got canceled because the ratings were shit.
It was really bad around the time of FKT arc where the manga chapters were so light in content. It got to the point where one time it seemed like the Anime was going back to canon material but they had to go back to fillers after 2 episodes because they almost caught up with the latest chapters.
This was around the Muramasa filler arc IIRC. This is not the anime studio's fault, this was all on Kubo's shitty pacing.

>This is not the anime studio's fault
Actually yes it is. They made it a long runner

>revisionist history
The garbage filler arcs being shoved into actual canon arcs killed the anime, get fucked.

Actually no it isn't. This is how anime used to be made back then, it's not like nowadays with the seasonal approach like you see with new shonens like MHA.

Back then you got a deal with TV Tokyo or whoever and you had to supply them 50 episodes a year.

>The garbage filler arcs being shoved into actual canon arcs killed the anime
It was nothing ever that big. Like we see those dolls from bount arc and there was that corny moment with Kariya in Arrancar arc but that's it.

Even Kubo referenced the Zanpakuto arc in the manga.

>DURR THATS JUST HOW IT WAS
Doesn't change the fact it was garbage.

>It was nothing ever that big. Like we see those dolls from bount arc and there was that corny moment with Kariya in Arrancar arc but that's it.
Again, all garbage.

>Even Kubo referenced the Zanpakuto arc in the manga.
Because they were his designs.

Keep seething retard
It was still better than the manga post-SS

Better anything post-SS

So were the Bounts

Objectively wrong on all accounts, cope

Kubo was FORCED by his editor to continue to make arcs after Soul Society and then was told to drag it out rather than get to the meat of the arc.

t. seething pierrotcuck

>Lmao. Did you realize how popular bleach still is, over 5 years later?
The final arc was supposed as long as the previous arcs combined. The reason Bleach had a rushed final arc because it was 'losing' popularity and was about to be canned.

WEAK

Attached: Kariya.jpg (720x540, 74K)

>The reason Bleach had a rushed final arc because it was 'losing' popularity and was about to be canned
Google is your friend

>still seething
Throw yourself and your garbage filler into a dumpfire

Not that user, but I don't think I associate anything he listed with "death."

Which is what the shinigami were. Dead. And doing all those things.

Also, Ichigo died in, like, chapter 30. He went down to Urahara's and got his Chain of Fate axed. He died that day, he wasn't a living human ever again.

Attached: Ep18ChainOfFate.png (720x540, 439K)

Damn really got me with those lame ass budget stands and zero tension, oh lets not forget the edgy OC soul reaper forced drama.

>(even more unrelated stuff)

t. seething spic

>soul reaper
Nice way to give yourself out VIZcuck
top kek

>Which is what the shinigami were. Dead. And doing all those things.
Again, we are talking about the thematic elements here, not the literal. In terms of the plot, Death is an extension of life where Shinigami fight against revenant souls who hold grudges against the living. All of the main cast have dealt or are dealing with the grief of losing a loved one, and all find different ways to cope with that. Whereas the main villains are either trying to escape death or surpass it altogether.

>What went wrong?
Kubo's shoulder.

Still, a masterpiece.

Says the fanfiction loving retard

>the pierrotcuck is still going

>Is so triggered he won't even reply to me
Hahahhaha typical tumblr/redditard zoomer

Anyways, it's too bad fanfiction writers are way better writers than Kubo on average.

t. seething kubocuck
hahahahahahahha

>He's still going
Yeah remember when the water stand users got defeated by low level fireball spells? Great writing, bravo Pierrot

>it's too bad fanfiction writers are way better writers than Kubo on average
Then why arent they worth 50 millins?

>all these buzzwords

Attached: so lame!.jpg (187x262, 27K)

Kubo's writing isn't worth 50 million retard.
Bleach succeeded because of his drawing skill.

Ah you finally responded to me?
How cute.

Now keep crying like the pathetic kubofag that you are.

And pierrots writting and drawing skills are worth shit
t. pathetic pierrotfag

Imagine being so desperate to shitpost Bleach threads that you defend the Bount filler

In fact he can't even defend it, just immediately deflects with ad hominem.

Sad desu

>Naruto was a huge failure and the laughing stock of the village early on.

Yeah, the son of the last hokage, the hero who saved the village, is hated earlier on, because of course everyone is going to hate the son of the man responsible for saving everyone in the village, goddamn but the world of naruto was retarded earlier on.

>And pierrots writting and drawing skills are worth shit
Do you really wanna go there?
You realize that if it wasn't for the Anime Bleach would never be as successful as it was right?

Pierrot is worth far more than Shite Kubo.
Fancy Lala alone shits on anything Kubo has done and will ever do.

>it wasn't for the Anime Bleach would never be as successful as it was right?
The anime was successful until they started making garbage filler

All said, kubo did a poor job of showing this theme of Death, the dead lived in the same way as the living, and Yhwach actually had a reason for hating death, if he ever stooped killing and absorbing more souls, he would be reduced to a husk, blind, deaf and in constant pain, it was no surprise he hated death and wanted to return the world to its original state where everyone could live forever.
Aizen trying to sell the idea "courage is what gives people the power to overcome death" sounds all kinds of retarded when your villain is someone like Yhwach, who was forced to constantly kill just to not become a cripple in constant pain, and it sounds even more retard when you have immortal hollows and shinigamis who live for 5,000, years. Trying to sell the idea of "immortality bad, death good" just falls flat when you have characters with a lifespan with thousands of yeas.

>Rukia not going along with Orihime's threesome plan.

But user! When you're dead, you don't feel any hunge....wait.
But user! When you're a dead Shinigami, you can't...you can't....uh, you can't................?

Okay, let's try this:
When you're dead, you're free from every worrying about "dying" ever agai...wait, hang on.

While you're ALIVE, you can breed and eat and live and study and learn and...you can do that when you're dead, apparently, too.

huh. I guess all that matters is being strong!

Attached: 1549600605444.png (1047x1500, 365K)

>being this much of a retarded speedreading headcanonfag

>he would be reduced to a husk, blind, deaf and in constant pain
Where's the pain part coming from? In the end, not wanting to die doesn't justify Yhwach's goals, and "immortality" in and of itself isn't exactly a good thing when everyone trapped in it would be in endless suffering.

And again, Shinigami and souls being 'alive' after death doesn't dilute the thematic meaning of the manga, as its largely spiritual and based in Buddhist mythology.

>While you're ALIVE, you can breed and eat and live and study and learn and...you can do that when you're dead, apparently, too.
Why are you trying to make this sound like a bad thing? Are you some kind of Christfag?

This thread is phenomenally stupid, trying to legitimize Kubo Tite's writing or setting.

Attached: 1483154210488.jpg (950x486, 107K)

user, the manga is about life and death, didn't you hear?

Nothing you said refutes that claim, so...?

>life and death are connected, can't have one without the other
>Shinigami and souls being 'alive' after death doesn't dilute the thematic meaning of the manga
>its largely spiritual and based in Buddhist mythology.

Buddhism is about escaping existence entirely. You don't complete Buddhism by accepting both, you complete it by leaving both.

I didn't realize there was a difference between being alive or dead in Kubo Tite's Bleach world. I guess what you're made of?
That's very life and death thematic. They're so closely tied together! The manga is so much about life and death! It was like some philosophy journey every week, imo.

>Buddhism is about escaping existence entirely. You don't complete Buddhism by accepting both, you complete it by leaving both.

Thats one part of Buddhism, theres a lot more to it than that though.

>I didn't realize
You didn´t because you are a speedreader

>And again, Shinigami and souls being 'alive' after death doesn't dilute the thematic meaning of the manga, as its largely spiritual and based in Buddhist mythology.

Oh, shinigamis and souls living just like humans does not dilute kubo message, it just makes it have zero value whatsoever, its even worse since the manga implies that without the soul king, the world will return to its natural state, which means humanity is living in a artificial system created to benefit the shinigami while being detrimental to everyone else, I dont remember anything in Buddhist mythology that says you should accept your place in a corrupt system that exists to benefit others at your expense for all eternity.

Sarcasm isn't an argument.

>its even worse since the manga implies that without the soul king, the world will return to its natural state, which means humanity is living in a artificial system created to benefit the shinigami while being detrimental to everyone else, I dont remember anything in Buddhist mythology that says you should accept your place in a corrupt system that exists to benefit others at your expense for all eternity.
Literal headcanon.

GIVE YOUR (YOU´S)
youtube.com/watch?v=bMwaDeJFx60

Yes it is.

It had 4 good arcs (Tales of the Shinigami, Soul Society, Arrancar and TYBW) and 2 bad arcs (FKT war, Fullbring). That's a better track record for a long running series than crap like Naruto which kept making arc after arc after arc in it's timeskip and detriment itself as a whole.

That doesn't work when TYBW sidelined the popularity of Aizen and the Arrancars. Any moron could keep a sales figure up just by using the popular thing over and over.

Again, look at how Naruto stretched out the Akatsuki:

>introduced in the Tsunade arc
>in Kazekage arc as major antagonist
>In Immortal arc as major antagonists
>In Uchiha arc as major antagonists
>In Pain arc as major antagonists
>In Gokage arc with major role
>In Tailed Beast arc with minor role
>In final arc with final antagonists

Kubo stopping the use of the Arrancars which spiked up the sales is a natural drop-off point popularity wise. But it's clearly not done narratively.

If Bleach used the Quincy arc in the third arc of the series and then led into the Arrancars, then you people would be saying Bleach was still big because it now ended on Aizen despite that the story would be done.

Attached: 1546542056751.jpg (756x1051, 582K)

It really isn't though.

No it isn´t

Yes it is! :3

No it isn't

Source on pic

Attached: 1549077826300.jpg (313x374, 26K)

Yawn

Dealing with the everyday problems of the world and taking responsiblity

>First arc deals with human problems and their personal struggles along with them getting powers

>Second arc deals with the problems about Soul Society (fight to perserve law vs change the law)

>3rd and 4th arcs deals with the hollows growing power creep and evolution. In order to beat them, you must become like them

>5th arc was redundant to the first arc

>final arc deals with the problems of the Quincy who don't fit well into this world and what their goals are.

Don't know. Just found it on Yea Forums one day

Attached: 1549500564549.jpg (1200x850, 134K)

>Literal headcanon.

Do you even read the fucking manga you are trying to defend? Everything I said has been stated in the manga and the weird light novels coming out now, you dont like it? Go bitch at kubo for letting someone else write and shit on his setting for money, but he accepted the money and let novels be published, so scream headcanon as much as you want, everything I said has been approved by kubo himself.

>
>Everything I said has been stated in the manga
You used the word "implies" earlier, very different from 'stated'. Getting a little too confident now, are we? And you do know theres no official translation of the light novels right now? Keep trying, headcanon fag.

>Soul Society never changed and still has ghost ghettos.
Thousands of years to fix this. Or at least make it less shitty for spirits. Remember Parakeet kid? I doubt he ever found his mother.

>a corrupt system that exists to benefit others at your expense for all eternity
t. Aizen. Go back to your chair

>

>

Attached: My fault, how 'bout YOUR fault.webm (1280x720, 1.2M)

Yawn

The gotei 13 got rid of C46 and started giving social aid to the rukongai

>ghost "ghettos"
Its 'not' feudal Japan, don't get butthurt because its not your Catholic heaven

checked

Attached: 1550057761931.jpg (500x707, 49K)

And? Do you think Jewpress giving her seal of approval to a official translation will reduce the validity of anything I said? Its a shame kubo sold his setting for money, but it is what is, so you can scream headcanon as much as you want, it wont change the fact that the very world of bleach contradicts its own theme.

I wonder how Rukia first described Soul Society to a Plus soul still lingering in the human world...hmmm...

>the very world of bleach contradicts its own theme.
No, you are just a retarded speedreader

>Unlike Hell, it is a restful place
The place that in the outer limits you get attacked by stray monsters. Yeah really great place, Yamamoto

How is it not better than wandering the real world until you become a Hollow again? Hmm....

I'm sorry, whats being contradicted again?

rukia is shinigami scum. what else is new.

>Defending the state of Soul Society
It's a shit place.

Such refutation

Attached: 1470367587491.jpg (422x600, 460K)

>villain appears
>ichigo gets strong and defeats villain
>too strong
>ichigo loses his power
>new villain appears
>too strong
>ichigo loses his power
>new villain appears
>too strong
>ichigo loses his power
>new villain appears
>too strong
>ichigo loses his power
>oh and he's like five halves of super powerful types of people

This is beyond ad reductio

There are worse fates in the Bleachverse

Like Division 12

What about it?

The longer it went on for the more of a clusterfuck it became. The last arc was rushed and full of bullshit...

>Final arc was rushed and full of bullshit
Excpet that arc line actually was much more well connected with the first two arcs of the series.

Fake Karakura Town War suffered from extensions from the editors adding in Arrancars that weren't suppose to be in the story and some Kubo bullshit.

1. Kubo seemed more interested in coming up with and showing off new character designs than he did with actually telling a story.

2. Every arc after the soul society arc was just a shittier version of the soul society arc.

The anime being full of filler turned off many animeonlytards and lowered its value as advertisement for the manga, at the added cost of filler costing money to produce too

It had absolutely no world building.

Wasn't huaco mundo not always a pile of ash and if so what was it before. Was that Quicny world shown in the flashback what the world was when everything was one world combined.

Also what about Hell what happened was it just reconned out of existence by Yhwach.

This is how it should of ended.

>Yhwach returns out of a portal during rukia's captain ceremony
>then some men in woman in black hoods pop out and restrain him with chains
>they look at the shinigami and say oh so you are the current masters of this world
>why do we always have to clean your messes up
>as Yhwach struggle they say the Chains of Haides are absolute you can't escape.
>after that is a scene similar to when aizen was on trial infront of central 46 instead he's in hell
>he is dragged to some catacombs and placed in a flaming coffin
>his and other scream echo throughout the catacombs

>the last few panels is a flash forward thousand years were Aizen emerges from his prison
>aizen is wandering around a place that little resembles what the soul society once was
>he finds a small girl alone in a field the reminds him of Momo
>she says how can you come so close to me and still stand
>aizen smirks and says come with me I have allot to show you
>they walk off into the sunset

Attached: momo3664.jpg (201x251, 10K)

Isane a cute. Cute!

Attached: 1428454469569.png (413x1017, 426K)

>Kubo is likely the reason why they give the mangaka one week off every month now.

No they don’t. That’s only for Oda because he’s their golden goose.

Why are Ble/a/ch threads filled with underaged speedreaders? What happened to all the good debators and thoughtful posts about mythology and lore?

Didnt mean to reply to you.

We left after the ending was so shit it retroactively made all out efforts to defend this shit cringe and wasted.

You're left with orihime shippers trolling imaginary rukia shippers to relive their old arguments in a sadomasochistic manner.

t. ichirukicuck

Imagine
>Bleach directed by Hiroshi Kojina
>David Production doing the animation
>OST and VAs stay the same (new openings would be fine even though OP 1&2 are great)
>Tite Kubo gives notes on how he originally wanted the Blood War to end before it was prematurely cancelled

Attached: 1424336531931.jpg (1280x2160, 476K)

>That doesn't work when TYBW sidelined the popularity of Aizen and the Arrancars
Aizen was never popular. In fact his faggptry caused the sales to decline/

>and the Arrancars

Just Grimmjow and Ulquiorra were popular

And their popularity made HM sell more than SS

Actually 3rd.

Attached: Ulquiorra_3raEtapa.jpg (622x767, 132K)

To be honest, Bleach was never really that good to begin with. SS is overrated as fuck, too.

Unironically better than what happened, and that is terrible.

Anime announcement soon.

>armchair mangaka

Well, that at least would be somewhat "wild" and not have all the threads fueled by shipping autism. It would be fitting for the end of the manga to be something that would make you scream "KUBOOOO".

Both Kishimoto and Kubo are emblematic of how exhausting the weekly jump system is in the long run. You could both Bleach and Naruto running out of ideas and effort as they progressed. I hope that in Kishimoto's comeback and in a hypotetical Kubo comeback they figure ways to ease the load on them and make it better for everyone. I really hope Kishimoto's new collab system works out.

Attached: download.jpg (700x700, 127K)

everything

Nothing

better than what we got

Quilge Opie best Sternritter.
Prove me wrong.

Kidnapping of Orihime. It was a carbon copy of Rukia rescue arc. Manga died because being shitty is acceptable for shounen. But being predictable is not.

>carbon copy
>when the latter arc completely subverts the former

Giselle exists

>Manga died
HM was more popular than SS. Sales started to decline after Orihime was saved

>the girl is kidnapped
>Ichigo and friends infiltrate the other world
>there is a strange old hierarchical society
>then they infiltrate the "castle"
>Ichigo beats impulsive meathead (kempachi/grimmjow)
>Ichigo awakens the new power while fighting the cool noble guy emotionally connected to kidnapped girl (Ulquiorra/Byakuya)

Totally new and refreshing, indeed. Even anime fillers are better that this shit.

>Even anime fillers are better that this shit.
Oh, you're still here?

>ad reductio
Go back into your hole pierrotfag

I don't think that's fair comparison, SS was when Bleach became popular, HM built on that.
>ad reductio
What does it even mean?

It means you describe something in a retarded way to make that something look retarded. You do it because you are a retard

Fist, that wasn't me. Second, do you mean "reductio ad absurdum"? You'd be wrong in its usage, but at least you'd use term that exists. And that is correct grammatically.

based and bankaipilled

>First*
Sorry.

>Manga died
HM arc was the peak of sales though.

Cringe and volstandig-pilled

Bleach was always the worst of the big three, cope.

>cope
(You) first

It got the "Big 3" label when the author didn't have any plot plans beyond the first 2 arcs, but in order to keep up with its 2 contemporaries (and to keep printing that free $$$$) it maintained serialization for much, much longer than the author could have ever dreamed of.

And, as is the case with a lot of popular works, eventually the fans cared way more about the story than the author did.

Counter opinion. The big three are all overhyped stories and Naruto went out in a bigger shitpile than Bleach did.

>no one cares about bleach anymore, get over it bleachfags
>new poll of best anime with 500k voters is released
>bleach ranks 19 out of 100
dumbasses can keep deluding themselves. people love bleach and its definitely not forgotten.

>source: my ass

theres literally a thread up right now showing the results. it wasnt by the nips though. americans voted. 500k people though.

These threads should be bannable with how desperate these autists are trying to ruin Kubo's good name. They keeping BTFO as well so it makes no sense.

Yea Forums has always been tsuns towards kubo. pathetic how newfags are trying to act like Yea Forums really hates him.

>reductio ad absurdum
I know, but ad reduction has a better ring to it

Naruto exists

Shounen Jump's editors. The expectation that a new chapter needs to come out on a weekly basis.

>missstormcaller.tumblr.com/CFYOW

Attached: Bleach Can't Fear Your Own World.png (750x622, 572K)

>bleach 2
>takes place 6 months after the war

>I'll change a phrase so it barely resembles original
>it won't mean what it's supposed to mean in the language it comes from
>it won't be grammatically correct either
>I'll also won't use it correctly
>of course what I mean by that will not have anything to do with the changes I made in the phrase itself
You are retarded.

>What went wrong?
- Ichigo using the same exact attack for hundreds of chapters
- 99% of battles consisting of cool smug guys standing around and then being surprised or fake surprised
- Absurd level of character bloat

Really, Bleach was never very good. It had some great art and memorable characters but that's it.

>You are retarded.
I'm not the one defending pierrot's filler

>missed opportunity to develop MC
>insane powercreep resulting in cool characters like Hanataro and Ganju leaving the party and being replaced by Renji, who is just the poor man's ichigo in terms of personality
>main cast never allowed to have meaningful victories, baring a few exceptions
>chad forced to job to everyone, and all his victories are against literal whos
>hitsuguya wank because nips love him for some reason
>cool ideas set up in arrancar arc, turns out it was only leading to a shitty version of the soul society arc
>MC's utter lack of techniques and personality becomes grating in Hueco Mundo
>karakura town arc resolved with an ass pull to set up ichigo as even more of a mongrel
>fullbring arc has good ideas, but executes them in the most retarded way imaginable
>series beyond redemption at this point, all potential squandered
>TYBW happens and isn't hot garbage at first
>Yea Forums deludes themselves into thinking it has potential
>kubo squanders that too
>turns out to be shit just like the rest
Kubo should have made bleach monthly. The strain weekly release put on him forced him to ruin what could have been his masterpiece.

>in cool characters like Hanataro and Ganju
bait? hanataro was a nervous shit the entire time while ganju was just annoying. neither of them did anything to set them apart.

Now that's literally "ad hominem", you retard. You can't point out fallacies, but at least you can use them.

I miss Bleach so much bros.

Same.

Attached: Dw2bTP0VYAEcCXK.jpg (820x1199, 161K)

Same, Kubo come back, I still crave for my fix

They're fun and endearing characters. More so than Renji ever was. Hanataro is endearing because despite being a nervous wreck, he still stands up for his beliefs, and towards the end of the arc is fully willing to sacrifice himself to help save Rukia. Ganju is endearing because he's a one off character who slipped through the cracks and joined the main team. He has a fun fight, and a neat little arc that starts with him hating soul reapers and ends with him actually sacrificing himself to save the soul reaper who killed his brother. Not for her sake, but because he didn't want to see Hanataro get hurt.

>muh potential
Stop

>More so than Renji ever was
to you. both of those characters were forgettable especially hanataro. you should have at least mentioned kukaku cause she was actually interesting.

going all in for that power kenny i've got 5k orbs with his name on it

>Now that's literally "ad hominem"
>you retard

>That user who defends every flaw in Bleach and thinks the manga is perfect the way it is.

Attached: 1480637180871.jpg (148x241, 13K)

I never really saw Hanataro or Ganju as being anything other than "arc characters". Their purpose was to help establish the setting and introduce various plot points related to Soul Society. It's like complaining that Tatsuki or Nel didn't stay in the party, that's just not their role in the story.

Renji had a far more developed arc than either of them in SS, and having him join the nakama along with Rukia outlined how different the Shinigami's worldview is from how Ichigo views his comrades as "people to protect", when the reality is they are trained soldiers who are prepared to die if needed.

Obvious strawman is obvious

Please stop and never post here again.

You first please

>when the reality is they are trained soldiers who are prepared to die if needed.
Not really. Sure Renji and Rukia were Shinigami, but if they were Shinigami down to the core, they would have never joined to rescue Orihime since it went against everything.

>that armchair mangaka who shits on every aspect of Bleach and thinks he can make a better manga

>but if they were Shinigami down to the core, they would have never joined to rescue Orihime since it went against everything.

Orihime was still their friend first and foremost, both Renji and Rukia have shown that they are willing to go against the rules of their profession to help someone in need, thats not the point though. I'm referring to Ichigo trying to stop Rukia from acting on her own in HM, where Renji intervenes and reminds him that Rukia is a Shinigami- she has her own pride and Ichigo constantly trying to protect her is disrespectful.

>Ichigo constantly trying to protect her is disrespectful.
now that you mention,he does the same with orihime. is ichigo sexist?

I thought Hanataro was going to be a regular cast member because he was in the SS Arc OP.

Orihime isn't a Shinigami.

>secondaries

>he does the same with Chad
Ichigo is racist

yea exactly. rukia is a shinigami yet ichigo doesn't want her to fight either. is he a sexist?

He saw her get her ass kicked by the first Hollow he saw her fight. He probably thought she can't handle Arrancar.

>He saw her get her ass kicked by the first Hollow he saw her fight.
didnt she beat an enemy before grimmjow put a hole in her stomach?

Yes, but I don't think Ichigo saw that at all.

>but I don't think Ichigo saw that at all.
huh? chappy in rukias body was holding ichigo down during that fight.

New villains that were nothing but flanderized versions of old villains.

>defending pierrot's filler
>OP talked about a canon arc
Hmmm... I think that you're a retard, user.

You're right. I remember now.

What happened with the Witches/London spinoff thingie?

How to spot a samefag in a few simple steps:
Ctrl+f "ad reduc"
(which is wrong because there's no such thing as "ad reductio" and samefag-chan proved in this very thread that he doesn't even know what it means.)
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA, the absolute state of this board.

Nothing. It was a spin-off, and that's it. Could we get more in the future? Sure, but nothing has been hinted at since then.

Attached: QeiTLyI.png (5303x4217, 1.07M)

Hmmm... I think that you didn't follow the reply chain, user.

Not enough Rukia, and he wasted the rest of the human cast. Ghostbusters into the Rescue Rukia arc were the best parts of the series when it comes to quality. He ballooned out the cast far too much and neglected the characters people cared about.

Attached: Rukia imprisonment.jpg (640x528, 167K)

And you don't know what samefagging is.

Nobody cares about the human cast
>inb4 I care
You are nobody

I mean that's fine, people like you are the reason Bleach went to complete shit.

t. a nobody

Attached: 1424030607761.jpg (500x470, 233K)

SS arc was a mistake. Bleach should have been published in a different magazine and it should have stayed more SoL. Going full shonen was the biggest blunder Kubo made.

Attached: there no need to be mad.jpg (668x554, 135K)

There was enough Rukia, she just didn't hold the narrative weight a second MC should of so it felt like she became just another shinigami.

Attached: DyqACIUU0AEdP-Q.jpg (433x650, 34K)

>difference between being alive or dead in Kubo Tite's Bleach world
You have a fancy visible costume or you don't. And you are in danger of becoming a Hollow.
But one can eradicate your soul, and then it's really game over.

SS arc was fucking amazing especially when Aizen slicked his hair back and basically told everyone to go fuck themselves.

wow such quality posting, not baiting at all

Such as...?