3x3 thread

you know the drill

Attached: 3x3 manga.png (1019x1019, 992K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=1qTu2K4Dmos
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Hello friends

2/3
What is middle, it's vaguely familiar?

Attached: 3x3ButItsBlackAndWhiteForSomeReason.jpg (912x912, 266K)

Attached: 3x3 memes.png (900x900, 1.18M)

Attached: 3man3.jpg (902x901, 384K)

AKB49

Thanks buddy, it's on the list but I've got in brackets 'idolshit' next to it. Should I change my mind and pick it up?

3/4
4/5 what's the bottom right and mid ( look familiar )
6/7 Alita wasn't my cup of tea

Attached: 3x3.jpg (973x972, 315K)

It is about Idols, but not the love live or Idolm@ster type kind of deal
it's a legitimately engaging manga and even if you don't care about cute girls you still want the characters to succeed and push through in the end
there's a somewhat annoying love plot at the start but as it goes on Minori/Minoru and Yoshinaga actually seem kind of cute (ps. Alice is a shit and her arc sucks you can skip that one(Alice is the fang girl))

Girls' Last Tour and Kyou Kara Ore Wa
Sounds good, might give it a try once I've got more free time.

I just don't see how people can like Shingeki no Kyojin. I found it utterly devoid of any character or appeal.
+Gunm, Dragon Ball
Berserk and Vagabond are okay, but go on far too long. Can't say I like Berserk at all anymore. I haven't even bothered reading it for a while.

Attached: manga.jpg (1200x1200, 800K)

>I found it utterly devoid of any character or appeal.
Read the manga, it get's far better after the time skip, Eren becomes an antihero more or less

2/2
5/6
4/4

Attached: 3x3manga.jpg (920x920, 301K)

4/4
3/5
4/7

Attached: ss.jpg (920x920, 545K)

+Kaiji, FMA, Death Note
Everything else there is legitimately really bad, especially NHK and Monster

Seems everyone's going all in on manga today

>especially NHK and Monster
Why

NHK makes its entire point of "the only surefire way to make someone stop being a hikiNEET is to cut their income supply" in a 5 minute window near the end of the series, and the rest of the series consists of shallow characterisation, shit dialogue, copious amounts of annoying filler, garbage visuals, plot holes and a dumb romance that doesn't really fit with what we know about Misaki.
Monster was good for its first cour then absolutely nothing happens for the next 60 episodes. The conclusion that Tenma comes to, that there is value in saving someone's life even if they go on to kill more people than you could ever save, is a dumb one and not one that any reasonable person would come to. It also renders everything bar the first episode or so redundant.
Also this is a bit of a personal gripe but the "supergenius who can drive people insane just by talking to them" villain archetype is extremely annoying and overdone.

You have to remember NHK is a comedy, dark but a comedy.
Unless you relate, then it's a full blown drama, you have to read deeper, like when Satou was ready to kill himself just to avoid confrontation with the people on the island. He didn't plan to kill himself and that never even crossed his mind but he was still about to do it because everyone else is, he got peer pressured.

>You have to remember NHK is a comedy, dark but a comedy.
The only time I laughed was when Yamazaki or whatever his name is was drawing a character based on his suggestions that Satou was repeating back to him and it ends up as a horrific incoherent mess of tropes.
>Unless you relate, then it's a full blown drama
I do relate, which is why I found the caricaturisation of Satou to be particularly annoying.
>you have to read deeper, like when Satou was ready to kill himself just to avoid confrontation with the people on the island. He didn't plan to kill himself and that never even crossed his mind but he was still about to do it because everyone else is, he got peer pressured.
I don't see how that's reading deeper, that's literally just what happened. If you mean to suggest it's giving a commentary on human psychology, it's an extremely lacking one.

Attached: 3x3 Manga.png (920x920, 1.38M)

Let's agree to disagree.

Yamazaki is a legend, this scene is my favorite, especially the dub version.
youtube.com/watch?v=1qTu2K4Dmos

Also try watching the dub, it's a lot different, it's more of a comedy than the sub, I switched between both so I'd know.

1.5/2
I watched the Blue Exorist anime but never read the manga. I read Hinamatsuri but it got boring
0/0
2/2
I watch One Piece and I'm currently reading Alita. So far so good
2/2
Is center right One Piece?
0/0

Attached: mosaicbb69ed7d5fee6c59372ba403485caca4ed48f9a5.jpg (912x912, 190K)

Why are you rating if you don't watch anime or read manga?

>Also try watching the dub
I refuse, dubs invoke a number of suicidal thoughts in me

Based Hina

At least watch the clip I linked to

Attached: 1455212416369.jpg (1280x720, 80K)

>The conclusion that Tenma comes to, that there is value in saving someone's life even if they go on to kill more people than you could ever save, is a dumb one and not one that any reasonable person would come to. It also renders everything bar the first episode or so redundant.
Oh fuck, completely forgot about this point. Agreed, that was really infuriating. And this is coming from someone who enjoyed Monster. That being said, those 60 episodes of "nothing" that you mentioned are what hooked me in. It was a good chase, and the final showdown in the village was a nice, tense setpiece. I'd agree the ending fell flat on its face, and Johann as a character isn't particularly interesting, at least not as much as the image others had of him during the build-up. Roberto was definitely carrying most of the weight and tension on the villains' side.

>thinking Kaiji, FMA or Death Note are better than Mob and Tatami Galaxy, two of the most visually striking and all around enjoyable TV shows ever made
Shit taste, better off killing yourself.

It's a matter of taste.
I'm the guy that made that list and Kaiji is my absolute favorite there. Top three would be Kaiji > Mob > NHK

1/1
5/7
2/3
3/4
0/0
1/2
1/2
0/2

rate my husbandos.
also sorry for the awful quality, I got lazy.

Attached: 3x3 husbando.png (896x895, 923K)

>thinking Kaiji, FMA or Death Note are better than Mob and Tatami Galaxy, two of the most visually striking and all around enjoyable TV shows ever made
Tatami Galaxy is not visually striking, it's just visually unique, and even then it's a big step down from Kaiba. The story makes its thematic point in episode 1 and repeats it ad naseaum. The "going down different paths and seeing what they have to offer", VN-type narrative could've been cool, if the other routes actually had anything to offer. I didn't find myself rooting for Watashi, in fact I kind of wanted him to get fucked over. He's neither likable nor realistic, and that goes for the rest of the cast too.
Keep in mind I haven't seen the second season: Mob shares a thematic core with OPM but is less meaningful ("You are not special" vs "It wouldn't be better if you were special"), less funny, less entertaining during action scenes, less imaginative and so on. I don't find the characters to be particularly entertaining, the story isn't anything to write home about, the presentation is pretty wonky and inconsistent in spite of its great animation and the villains are technically correct, in spite of the show's attempts to convince me otherwise by making them mental children.

>Keep in mind I haven't seen the second season
Well that is your problem.

Attached: 1549915685250.jpg (852x962, 208K)

Forgot to give my ratings.

4/5
4/5
I don't like giving half points, but I was never able to get into post-timeskip One Piece. Call me a speed-reader, but the sheer amount of nothing happening in Sahabody and all that Fishman History 101 exposition I didn't give a rat's ass about really soured me towards it.

While I enjoyed Octopus Lips' manga, it really felt like we were moving from one series pitch to another, with Desty Nova barely tying everything together.
>We gritty cyberpunk bounty hunters now.
>Eh, I guess we could be more like Ghost in the Shell, I guess.
>No, wait, we're a sports manga!
>jk, battle shonen time.
>What, you thought it was over? See you in my mediocre sequel, dweebs!

4/5
>I don't like this chart, Charlie. Its smug aura mocks me.
That being said, glad to see someone else reading Siuil la Ruin. I've been recommended
some other manga by Nagabe before by other Yea Forumsnons, by haven't really bothered with them yet.

10/10.
Perfect taste, and definitely not mine.

16 year-old girl/10
Nice Kotetsu, though.

3/6
2/4
0/2

sorry I'm a filthy anime-only fag except for shitty comedy manga

Attached: 3x3.png (932x932, 1.62M)

I don't watch airing shows, I like to watch things in bursts and on a whim, and waiting a week between episodes is a massive roadblock in that that would just rob me of any enthusiasm I could've had for the series.

3/5
Faye has the best arc in all of Cowboy Bebop, and is by miles and away the most interesting character. Prove me wrong.

Can't fault the truth user

Sumire is a perfect woman.
Crows, despite having good moments here and there and also solid characters, is really underwhelming work. It filled with decent developments and shenanigans all the way throught, but then it never really goes anywhere and most plotlines are just dropped, lots of characters forgotten, and it's just anticlimatic as fuck. By the end I didn't even care anymore about anything.
Needed more Parko and Rindaman.
I am not falling for classic rock CDs again.
Recent chapters of HnK really making me wonder how bad can female mangaka fuck up their works with shoujo disgust.
Brotherhood overall is better than the manga and initial adaptation, don't let anyone fool you guys.
Why Push man? Why not actually good Tatsumi book, like Abandon the old in Tokyo or Black Blizzard?
Dorohedoro is an interesting take on Pulp Fiction and a fun read in general.
Is that Real? I tried reading that, hoping it would be about delinquents, but then it was just another basketball garbage with disabled and drama.
Angel Densetsu peaked with first two volumes and it's all downfall from here, but still, first two volumes were really great.
I like first half of Spirit Circle more than the second one, not a fan of ending. Pretty good read still.
For me it's Rider.
Hey, Tiger Bunny.
EoE is perfect, honestly.

Attached: 3x3 manga 2.0.jpg (1209x1209, 698K)

>Rindaman
Rindaman was alright but Guriko from Worst was easily the best character in the whole series. I would really have liked to seen him in Crows before Worst.

Attached: Hanaki-Guriko-Crows-X-Worst.jpg (800x450, 88K)

Watched Ringing Bell again, very good.

Attached: 2x2 Anime.jpg (1500x1125, 855K)

I didn't understand the appeal of Blue Exorcist. What was bottom middle called? Seen it posted around a fair bit.
Not much to comment on other than Asano is a hack and probably got abused as a child.
Vagabond had good art but it wasn't interesting beyond that. Some of the other samurai manga do a better job.
Jesus Christ this is shit taste. It's consistent shit, not diarrhea, but still very shitty.
Is top left Furuya? Read Palepoli and hated it. Don't understand the appeal of nonsense.
Most respectable taste ITT
Angel Densetsu was funny for the first volume or so but it got old.
Other than Girls Last Tour, this is also very good taste. Everyone seems to like Takemitsu Zamurai, which is a good thing.
Excited for Jin Roh and Lain and extremely unexcited for the others.
Blame! sucked and the movie for Koe no Katachi was way better. Any Taniguchi is respect though.

Attached: 2x2 Taniguchi.jpg (800x1200, 532K)

>I came here to shit on everyone and then post literal who pretentious 2x2

Don't have a 3x3 yet but mine would probably be better than your 2x2

Read more

Attached: Venice-2.jpg (1702x1227, 620K)

>Don't have a 3x3 yet
What? Why are you here then? Are you a newfag or something?

>Not much to comment on other than Asano is a hack and probably got abused as a child.
I thought that was Mohiro Kitoh. I mean nothing he writes isn't depressing.

2/2

4/5

3/5

1/1

2/2

4/5

Attached: 3x6bis.png (800x1592, 1.16M)

Someone explain the appeal of this art to me. Are you poor? Can't you just book a trip to Venice to see how much of a shithole it really is? Why would you find enjoyment in the depiction of a city that exists IRL? What am I missing here? What's the difference to purchasing a photo-album?

4/4

5/9

7/8

Attached: 1550621493651.jpg (900x900, 293K)

might pick better images next time, also one or two that could be swapped out (so maybe 4x4 next time?)

Attached: 3x3.jpg (908x908, 213K)

No one cares.

Feeling like posting this one today.

1/2

2/4

5/6

3/9

3/3

2/5

2/2

3/3

0/5

2/3

3/5

1/3

2/2
You should really stop changing up your 2x2 every single time you watch or rewatch something. Or, instead of replacing things, just make a 3x3.

Anime: 3/4
Manga: 2/2

1/1

3/4
>so maybe 4x4 next time?
Do yourself a favour and keep it to a 3x3. 4x4 tend to be all over the place and far less indicative of your actual taste.

Attached: 3x3hands.png (999x999, 1.13M)

And manga. 2x2, because why not!?

Attached: condensedmanga3x3.png (666x666, 355K)

>You should really stop changing up your 2x2 every single time you watch or rewatch something
No I shouldn't. Making new collages is fun. It would be boring not changing it up every few threads.

Attached: Lupin III Castle of Cagliostro.mkv_snapshot_01.14.57_[2019.02.20_15.10.55].jpg (1920x1040, 187K)

>Making new collages is fun.
True. But why not make variations? Favourite characters, scenes, etc. You already do that for colours and common visual themes.

>It would be boring not changing it up every few threads.
But these threads aren't supposed to be "new and exciting". They should showcase your (all our individual and collective) taste.
Making up your mind about what your favourites are - once - and only changing it up when something about that really changes, that's what gives us a proper idea about what you like.
And considering how many anime you went through in your 2x2, you easily should be able to make a 3x3 from them.

haven't done one of these before

Attached: 1547293122862.jpg (920x920, 385K)

>Making up your mind about what your favourites are - once
That's autistic. There are no rules for having favourites.
>only changing it up when something about that really changes
You're assuming the opposite when you should be assuming this.

Attached: Ringing Bell.mkv_snapshot_29.01_[2019.02.25_15.12.02].jpg (716x480, 37K)

>You're assuming the opposite when you should be assuming this.
So do you mean to say that your list of favourites always does change when you rewatch things? I mean, that's fair, but it makes you appear fickle-minded.

>haven't done one of these before
Welcome. Gonna rate it later. But for now: Please rate a few others.

3x3 best girls.
4.5/8
5/6
5/7
3.5/6

Attached: natural beauty.jpg (900x900, 490K)

7/7
2/2
1/2
1/2
5/5

Attached: 3X3 Anime.jpg (920x920, 219K)

3/8

Anime: 3/3
Girls: 6/3

2/6

5/5 6/7 Interesting choice to use that scene from fist of the north star.
Dead Dead Demon's Dededededestruction /1
3/4
Wow this is hard I feel like I recognize some of the bottom row but I'm unsure.
7/8
To cute for me 2/2
5/9 But you should automatically fail for having zankyou no terror on a 3x3

Attached: 3x3 anime&manga.jpg (900x1800, 1.95M)

I think all these are overrated.

Attached: mosaic5511c9c348e5fe7ed69cd6d4c2fea10771dc6e3f.jpg (920x920, 293K)

>Wow this is hard I feel like I recognize some of the bottom row but I'm unsure.
Think "Gundam", "cute breasts" and "vampires vs. werewolves".
Pic related.

Attached: 3x3.png (999x999, 1.76M)

I feel like Matsumoto jiro works is seriously underrated here, im too lazy to do one of these but freesia would be one of my picks

Anime: 6/6
Manga: 4/5

5/9

Attached: mosaic377ebdeb9df68fdb2088f348d97aa591872f9b2a.jpg (920x920, 280K)

DUAL WIELD fucking kills me every time.

Anime: 4/7
+Perfect Blue, Lion, Eva, Utena
-Garden of Words, Angels Egg, Turn A

Manga: 3.5/4
+Devilman, Houseki no Kuni, Jojo pt 7
~Berserk

5/6
+Eva, Steins;Gate, Bebop, Utena
++Eureka Seven
-Champloo

3.5/7
+One Piece, Dragon Ball, Houseki no Kuni
~Berserk
-Jojo pt 5, Vagabond, Prison School

Attached: 3x3 Anime 002.png (920x920, 1.05M)

3/4 -Conan
Love Chirin, have you seen anything else from Sanrio? I have a feeling you might like Unico.
2/2
>Blame! sucked
Yeah, fuck you too.
5.5/7 ~Alita -Assano
5/6 -HnK
>Jewro
>Assano
>Semenman
I am really not a fan.
4.5/7 ~Kon, Gatari, Haibane -Kino
I still only recognize Plastic Little.
>1/3
Which ones?
2/2
6.5/7 ~Death Note
4.5/5 ~Angel's Egg
6/7 -Assano
4/5 ~Pokemon, Dragon Maid

Attached: another movies 3x3 1.2(different studios).jpg (2667x1500, 1.56M)

4/6

3/4

3/4

>Which ones?
The rightmost column. I don't particularly like any of them, but neither are horrible, and Zetman comes close to half a point. Fire Punch is maybe a quarter and while I, personally, am really not into Kurosawa, I can recognize that it has certain strenghts.
So I felt that giving one point for them combined was appropriate.

3/4
1/1

Attached: 3x3 Threads.jpg (1440x1080, 89K)

>have you seen anything else from Sanrio? I have a feeling you might like Unico
I've seen Legend of Sirius and I think that's it. I'll check out Unico. Just watched Puss in Boots and I loved it.

Attached: 2x2 Anime.jpg (1500x1125, 1.02M)

Changing your favourites multiple times a thread now?

Yes, there's no rule against it. Puss in Boots was better than Jin Roh.

>Yes, there's no rule against it.
Not saying that there is. But it's getting hard to follow. You're switching up your 3x3 faster than people can rate it.

If you care so much about rating, you're probably autistic.

Attached: Ringing Bell.mkv_snapshot_32.18_[2019.02.25_15.13.29].jpg (716x480, 49K)

>If you care so much about rating
Rating is a part of these threads. Part of the fun.
I don't care much about whether you get sensible ratings from people, if you don't. Just saying that you could easily have waited for the next thread to come around.

85/132

Attached: entry-level anime.png (750x750, 1.05M)

1/1

Anime: 2/6
Characters: 3/6

Got a (You), can't really complain.

4/4
1/1
7/7 but it'll be 7+/9 once I get around to SnK and Death Note.
1/1, Dorohedoro is great!
What's bottom left? Looks cool.
7/7
0/1, I don't get the husbando appeal of Bakugou.
6/7, saw Jin-roh at some point but I can't remember anything about it, gotta revisit eventually.
1/2
Manga 1/1, Anime 3/3, what's top left in anime?
5/5
2/2
5/5
1/1
5/5
Manga 1/1, Anime 2/3. Didn't like Garden of Words so much.
6/6
3/3, Okusama ga Seitokaichou was super interesting.
2/2
5/5. How fun, please add me to the overall too.

Attached: 4x4 - 3.jpg (1600x1600, 1.68M)

>Puss in Boots
looks like a fun romp.

2/2 ~madoka, nichijou

4/4

2/4
2/3
5/5
anime: 4/5
4/4
5/6
3/3
4/4
3/3
3/3
3/3

Attached: 3x3_[20-12-2018].png (1003x1000, 1.36M)

what boring taste

Attached: 3x3 anime.png (1000x1000, 2.25M)

Very fun movie, I can see why Tori made it their mascot. I'll check out the other two movies they made after I watch Hakujaden and Unico.

Replace Madoka with a good anime and you can be saved.

Did you reply to the right post? There is no Madoka in that 3x3.

You know exactly which onnis Madoka. Don't play koi.

user, there's no madoka in his 3x3
You sound like a newfag that can't identify anime properly

>Don't play koi

Attached: [xPearse] Devilman 1972 Episode 07 [English Sub] [720p].mkv_snapshot_10.36_[2017.12.10_13.28.15].jpg (960x720, 100K)

So much shit taste in this thread. Let me bring some quality.

Attached: 3x3.jpg (940x940, 362K)

>asspull x asspull
Opinion discarded

>HxH
Opinion disregarded.