I know Ash's loss in the Kalos League is the hot meme but never forget that feeling you had when you were young and Ash...

I know Ash's loss in the Kalos League is the hot meme but never forget that feeling you had when you were young and Ash lost the Kanto Pokemon League.

Remember that crushing sense of "what the fuck Charizard" and "why did this happen"

Attached: c27da3392a01bf75662a13dc2d84863985b1bebf_hq.jpg (640x480, 28K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=hNqtfFXq00k
pokemonthenovel.dreamwidth.org/380.html#cutid1
youtube.com/watch?v=rkEM2aMDVbk
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

All I thought was Ash was a little bitch. If I could beat the E4 multiple times in multiple versions of
Pokemon why couldn't he?

I had hated Richie from the moment he was introduced. Couldn't believe Ash lost to that shitter. Was glad he lost in the next round.

Ash should have let Charmander fucking die in the rain

I definitely remember thinking "Wait so is he not gonna fight the Elite 4? He's not gonna battle Gary? This wasn't in the game"

Ritchie always felt like some little kid's OC who got inserted into the anime.

>This is my OC Ritchie. He is a Pokemon trainer like Ash and also has a Pikachu but his looks unique and his Pokeballs are special and he also has a Charmeleon and a Butterfree but they all have cute nicknames and they really like him.

>Newest series is literally a SoL with horrible animation compared to the amazing XYZ animation

a part of my childhood legitimately died when Ash lost his first league

I was more pissed at Team Rocket for being incapable of leaving out their obligatory kidnapping Pikachu plots out of the fucking Pokemon League episodes and tiring half of Ash's team before this very important battle.

Attached: ZvOd34Q.gif (540x417, 1.09M)

im so fucking glad Charizard is shit in smash, fucker deserves it, Squirtle and Bulbasaur were always the superior picks

Yeah but remember that sense of Triumph when he won the orange league by defeating a lance-tier champion in a climatic duel?

Face it orange league >>>>>> all the rest

Attached: orange league.jpg (1280x720, 201K)

thank goodness the characters are much better than XYZ's shit.

Nope. I didn't see myself as ash as a kid so I never cared when he won or lost.
I'm gonna be straight with you. I was probably just watching pokemon for the girls.

Orange League was great but it doesn't hold up as well knowing that it was basically filler

I still don't understand the inane aversion to Ash winning. This was always why I was a Yu-Gi-Oh guy. Yugi's grandpa's soul gets taken? Oh, I guess the end moral is going to be about letting go, and accepting the inevitable, I guess?

NO. HE FUCKING GETS HIS SOUL BACK AND SAVES THE DAY

>it was basically filler
Define 'filler'

Attached: 23624_58a5307320dab.jpg (700x436, 38K)

>I still don't understand the inane aversion to Ash winning.
Ash winning=Ash becoming a Pokemon Master=Oh fug, what do we do now

Keep in mind, this is what the producers' mind is. This is why they'll never get rid of Ash. Pikachu is the mascot and Pikachu=Ash

It might have been a filler league but the gimmick gyms were fun, Tracey was a welcome change of pace over Brock hitting on every pair of tits that interacted with the group, Charizard finally stopped being a faggot, the traveling on Lapras was comfy, it ended up being a goodbye for many of the mons that ended up getting boxed in Johto and Ash actually succeeded for once.

Yu-Gi-Oh having plot armored MCs that never lose is just as bad as what Pokemon does.

Attached: Masked vs Vision.png (1111x823, 903K)

Ash should win his first league using TR pokemon as a way for them to make up for ruining his chances of winning the Kanto league, plus TR Pokemon are usually top tier when Jessie and James get their shit together.

When you're a kid, I disagree. Kids shouldn't have losers as heroes.

Generally they have plot armor for a reason and there's really only been one guy in YGO who's literally never lost, and that's the current one (Yusei is pretty bad with only one loss though)

No.

>Remember that crushing sense of "what the fuck Charizard" and "why did this happen"
This also describes the Kalos League.

Is not from any game, hence is filler.

Attached: August 18, 2016.jpg (1100x9000, 1.63M)

>This also describes the Kalos League.
true

Attached: Tobias vs Ash.jpg (1280x720, 195K)

I want to sexual Lillie.

Different intent on "What the fuck Charizard" though

>Smogon Ubers vs 10 year old Timmie who went online by accident

People talk shit about the Tobias stuff a lot but getting to fuck up two legendaries is still one of Ash's greatest feats.

This shit made me angrier than Kalos.
GEE TOBIAS HOW COME THE WRITERS LET YOU HAVE TWO LEGENDARIES!?!?!

Maybe Ash should capture all the legendaries he meets instead of only befriending them.

>tfw no Pokemon Orange with gimmick gym mechanism

Attached: u6n5h.jpg (1066x805, 214K)

They just really wanted to fuck over Ash with that one

Attached: Judai BTFO.jpg (2000x1455, 609K)

The entire anime is basically filler. It hardly covers the games at all.

Attached: Kensho Ono vs Ash.jpg (1280x720, 142K)

Ash really deserved to be given second place for that league since no one else was even able to touch Darkrai.

The shittiest loss will always be the one against the guy who didn't even bring a whole team of Pokemon to the competition.

>Guts boosted Megahorn from Heracross doesn't take Darkrai down
I was mad

We don't talk about that.

Attached: Ash vs Cameron.jpg (1280x720, 220K)

RIZADON DURAGON KUROU

Ash's team was unbelievably shit in BW

>252+ Atk Guts Heracross Megahorn vs. 252 HP / 252 Def Tanga Berry Darkrai: 265-313 (77 - 90.9%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

Problem Ash?

How the fuck hasn't Pikachu not evolved yet?

Imagine if Sinnoh had an actual ending and Unova didn’t get messed up by the earthquake

Attached: Ash vs Harrison.jpg (1280x720, 199K)

Attached: Ash vs Tyson.jpg (1280x720, 204K)

>unevolved starters + the regional bird + the shill rat + extra mon
Ash deserved to lose for that garbage team

A lot of people love Pikachu vs. Dragonite but I just want to bring up how much more hardcore this was in the manga adaptation where Ash battled Lance's Dragonite

Instead of just staying on his head, Pikachu CRAWLS INTO DRAGONITE'S MOUTH and lets a giant Thunder rip while inside him

Attached: LUSW.gif (499x374, 595K)

Because he needs a Stone to evolve and he's stronger as he is than as a Raichu anyway

>Judai creates a new deck after this
>Immediately loses the first duel with said deck.

Yu-Gi-Oh's greatest accomplishment is kaiba

Yeah the fact that he lost to a watered down clone of himself I think made it worse. Also everyone was shitting on him for being a poor loser after a whole hour when he's fucking 10. Then Richie loses his match the next fucking day and we never get to see anyone fight the E4.

Overall though I liked the idea of a tournament leading up to the E4. I would have liked it if the games had implemented something similar, but then figured that Victory road was pretty much a pre-e4 tournament.

Attached: Judai loses.jpg (1319x1010, 384K)

none of the leagues are from any game

Because Pikachu is a marketable mascot and Raichu is not

I never quite understood why they think him winning a League makes him a Pokemon Master nowadays, since he's caught something like 1% of the Pokemon out there. It doesn't even make him champion, shit, the way the anime set it up, it clearly states that if you win a League, all you get to do is challenge the E4, and if you get past them, you get to challenge the Champion.

Even Ash getting 1 or 2 trainers into an E4 challenge before losing would be acceptable, and it wouldn't make him anywhere close to a Master. Instead, what's confirmed about him is one simple thing, which we've known ever since Gary Oak: "Ash is a loser." And Gary was supposedly the rival and wrong. He who laughs last, laughs hardest.

This is also why Pokemon Special is good, the trainers actually grow up and are allowed to win.

Attached: DORAGON KUROU.jpg (728x542, 128K)

That was some bullshit, but Ash still managed to plow through two legendaries when nobody else in the entire championship even toppled one.

I don't think the anime had the Elite 4 the same way the games did

>Gimmick gyms were fun
>Tracey was a welcome change of pace over Brock
kys you are everything that is wrong with pokemon

Attached: 1544309903726.jpg (696x887, 135K)

Are we gonna get a reminder from pokefags when it's time for another league?

What these teams tell me is that Ash is an idiot for not letting his mons evolve.

Wanting to change stuff over having the same thing over and over and over and over a million times?

Probably.

Also when Black is not a rock anymore.

Was this Ash's shittiest team?

It does in a couple of them, supposedly you beat the League and you can officially challenge the E4. Any other E4 match is unofficial.

>I never quite understood why they think him winning a League makes him a Pokemon Master nowadays
They never really said that, they just consider that it's the end of his story in the anime when he wins.
Better than Dragonball's power creep nonsense, where it should have ended after he won the 23rd Budokai and got married.

But muh marketable cute mons!

He refused, hazy memory on this but pretty sure he found a thunderstone at one point and Pikachu mashed B hard.
They carried that over to Yellow where you walkabout Pikachu also refuses evolution

>Maybe Ash should capture all the legendaries he meets instead of only befriending them.
Would have been great if mewtwo joined Ash for that fight just for shits. No giggels though, mewtwo is very serious.

The salt Alain produced will never not be delicious

He probably could have defeated at least a third if he'd actually called up Charizard or some of his other reserves. Charizard's the only one of his team on record that took out a legendary 1v1 without anything else to soften it up beforehand.

It's happened twice and each time Pikachu would rather stay Pikachu than be a Raichu.

Yet all of Ash's strongest Pokemon aside from Pikachu are fully evolved

How the fuck was the 2nd season the millionth time?

Attached: 1544234075233.png (848x1200, 192K)

This.
Keep in mind that NO ONE in the whole fucking entire Sinnoh had taken down Darkrai. Ash was the only one who managed to defeat it, and after Latios out of nowhere happened, the absolutely madman of Pikachu goes and manages to solo-tie it.
Was it an asspull to make Ash lose the league?
Yes. But ultimately, all it did was make Ash look super duper good.
And putting this aside, the main conflict in Sinnoh was Ash vs Paul and their differing training methods, a rivalry that ultimately Ash won by defeating him with one of the Pokemon Paul himself had rejected.
Sinnoh was satisfying overall despite all.

>Ash winning=Ash becoming a Pokemon Master
Not even close
Winning the league just lets you battle the E4 and then the Champion if you make it that far

You could easily have him win a league but then get his ass handed to him by the E4

"Pokemon Master" isn't even a defined term, not even in-universe. People constantly ask Ash exactly what that means to him. Even he doesn't know.

He was up against Surge and after getting his shit rekt by Surge's Raichu, he gets a Thunder Stone for Pikachu, Pikachu refuses so instead they spam Double Team and Agility to play out DEX vs STR memes, and win.

I was better so I stopped caring about sAtoSHi

He could have a Garchomp if he evolved his Gible.

no one cares that Ash probably has the most amount of greatest feats in the pokemon world, they only care that he wins the gay league

>Keep in mind, this is what the producers' mind is
At least finish reading the post next time before replying buddy.

>Not even close
That's what it means to the production staff

Why is it now that all fully evolved cutemons are waifu bait? The days of pokemon just evolving into a cool monster are gone.

Attached: 1500570985722.jpg (1024x781, 141K)

i wish the anime had an actual plot instead of the same generic garbage that gets a reset every new season

In the anime universe it doesn't matter as much, ever since Pikachu beat Raichu because it was faster for not evolving. In the games obviously it's a straight stat-boost but it works different in the show.

Actually I think it's more like people just want the anime to move on past Ash already. It's not like Doraemon or Shin-chan where there needs to be this specific cast, Pokemon is a wide franchise that could have anybody have a new adventure but because Pikachu is the mascot and Ash=Pikachu, they never will, which means we're stuck with this guy

And 99% of those people are faggots who haven't even watched or played Pokemon since Gen 1 and are just retarded nostalgiafags who still think in terms of outdated memes like GARY MOTHERFUCKING OAK and that Misty is Ash's true waifu. Disgusting.

It serves as an on-going advertisement. They're never going to do anything radical with it.

stfu

This.
You people are fucking retarded for thinking Pokemon will ever be truly deep edgy and mature. They do their utmost to cultivate Disney-like super family friendly image, specially nowadays.

>Overall though I liked the idea of a tournament leading up to the E4. I would have liked it if the games had implemented something similar, but then figured that Victory road was pretty much a pre-e4 tournament.
You missunderstood, the e4 in the form we know them from the games aren't a thing in Pokeverse or at least it never was stated that the pokemon league leads up to fighting them. Yet they exist in the world. The only way I can explain their existence is that they repeadedly got into the top 4 in their respective league, that's why they are considered the "elite4"

>Why is it now that all fully evolved cutemons are waifu bait?
Are they? From the last starters for example I can only see one as waifubait. The other start out cute and turn into edge and bara.

Touched a never, huh? Kill yourself genwunner.

I only watch this shit during the leagues

So does Yugioh
They still went with new protags every time and occasionally tried things with varying levels of success.

In fact if you are going to make the advertisement argument then I would argue they should have a new protagonist modeled after the game one so it is closer to an advertisement.

I thought the lesson there was that Surge evolved his Pikachu too soon which didn't allow him to learn agility and other gotta go fast moves, not that Pikachu is faster than Raichu.

Anyhow, Pikachu is the mascot so the anime is stuck with him forever.

Sun and Moon was a pretty radical diversion from the past 20 years in pretty much every aspect even down to the art.

But yeah, it will never be the silly edge and gore radical change you guys want. It airs after fucking Aikatsu. Or at least, it did, not sure what happened now that the slot is changed.

>It has been stated by Lucian in An Elite Meet and Greet! that when a Trainer wins their respective region's League Conference, they can participate in the Champion League, fighting the members of that region's Elite Four, and then the Champion as well. It has also been shown that an Elite Four member can challenge the Champion and obtain the title from him or her in battle.

Yeah, we know.

Kys

>People actually dislike Ash's Pikachu
How to spot a faggot.
There's nothing more pleasant that seeing him unleash his full powerlevel and fuck the shit out of pseudo-legends and other fully evolved mons.
I was shitting myself of excitement when he soloed both Tyranitar and Metagross during the Alan fight.

just make 2 animes
the spin-off pokemon origins was already better than this shit

Artists pretty much treat them as the dragons crown females
Cat - amazon
Fox - witch
Owl - dfc elf

Attached: 76e.jpg (680x618, 112K)

>Sun and Moon was a pretty radical diversion from the past 20 years in pretty much every aspect even down to the art.
That's true, though even that mirrors the games S&M themselves, what with removing gyms and generally taking a more lighthearted approach.

So basically you could say the anime will ever only change as much as the games do.

Ash losing to that jackass who brought 5 Pokémon to a 6-on-6 will ALWAYS reign supreme.

Attached: 1549594802251.gif (339x278, 2.95M)

>They're never going to do anything radical with it.
Tbf, there's lost of advertisement anime that change things up or are different from the norm. Yu-Gi-Oh, Digimon, Kamen Rider, heck Beyblade can get pretty radical with it's story. Even Precure does it and it's as safe as Pokemon yet we get seasons like Heartcatch or Hugtto which are very different then others.

There's this one card game show that nobody heard of called Battle Spirits and two of the seasons of it, Shounen Gekiha Dan and Brave, have absolutely fantastic plots despite having to sell a card game

Fucking this. People blabbling about
>hurr it was obvious Ash would lose durr
were fucking bandwagoners who didn't watch the foreshadowing and the character development Ash went through during X&Y. The anime staff even admitted they wanted Ash to win the league but the higher-ups weren't having that shit and the Serena kiss scene was an apology.

>gore
it doesn't have to become berserk to be interesting

Fox wizard was a previous generation.

>So basically you could say the anime will ever only change as much as the games do.
Even if the games go full edge the anime will NEVER do. The anime, since day 1, has taken massive liberties in plot and characterization. You can count with one hand the amount of, for example, gym leaders who are 100% accurate to their game portrayals.

don't forget one of those 5 was literally a baby pokemon.

E4 and the champion are established things in the pokemon universe, you're just pulling shit out of your ass.

>So basically you could say the anime will ever only change as much as the games do.
The games have a new protagonist and new starters each generation
I wish the anime would change as much as the games do.

>and then he jobs to an unevolved starter on the following season
The Pikacycle goes on

Who wants Pokemon to be edgy or mature? People just want something different

>Baaaaaaaaaw why don't they change this kids anime that's a massive marketing tool and that it has made them gorillions so that they can appeal to my deep and mature and edgy tastes baaaaaw

yes yes everyone with a brain is stalebaiter and emofagging, we know, we know.

Well, the manga is super edgy.

Nobody wants it to be deep mature and edgy you dumbfuck

Actually, Pikachu has not jobbed in SM so far, so you're wrong. The only time something of that sort has happened was with BW is something we all pretend did not happen.

Yeah but it's how they're treated. The Seel is just
a water doggo mermaid.

You coul read the mamga

Attached: 1530199218381.jpg (1024x1448, 254K)

I've always liked Gary/Blue better than Ass/Red.

Attached: 1549334503751.png (532x1280, 341K)

what the fuck are you even quoting

>Hurr durr I saw that page where Charmeleon cut a fake ghost Arbok in half SO EDGY AND MATURE LIKE MYSELF
>Did I read the rest of the manga? Nah, reading is for nerds. I only watch my anime dubbed too.

but what exactly are the elite four?

I don't see the fox.
But the seal I concede is cute and stays cute
The other two become cool so its not like the games have some rule about everything staying cute even fully evolved pokemon like you claimed.

some random fucking jobbers going around calling themselves elite four

>pg-13 violence is edgy
Next you're going to say that jump is edgy as well.
When will thise meme end?

>>Hurr durr I saw that page where Charmeleon cut a fake ghost Arbok in half
That always is the one example you see from the manga, huh? Also something about a pokemon grabbing the balls of someone

>it's good that the anime is a marketing tool and not an actual anime
>wishing otherwise makes you edgy

Attached: 1498600204328.jpg (265x265, 12K)

Your game character is a massive Gary Stu.

is it really any better?

Bullshit
With that IV breeding and EV training my protag is a huge asshole
Literally the villain of a pokemon episode honestly.

Significantly so, though it depends on region.

Most seem to really like Ruby and Sapphire the most.

Imagine being so sheltered that standard shonen tropes and even less violence than a regular shonen is edgy.

I have no idea who most of those characters even are

Way better

Attached: 8TXakA1.jpg (1424x1081, 208K)

I wonder if Pokemon Eugenics is illegal in the anime.

You don't even play the games or watch the anime?

With 2 exceptions all of them are just player characters and their rivals though.

I bet there's an underground Pokemon League just for people secretly min-maxing their pokemon and metagaming.

I just want to fuck the pokégirls.

I played some of the games but i dont remember anything, and im not watching thousand episodes to find out.

The battle choregraphies in XY were great though. That Mega-Lucario vs. Pikachu was great. And the fucking semi-final was the definition of hype.
Oh and the Psychic Gym battle. Now that was a godlike battle.

From the games alone you should recognize some of them.

Same, rest is pointless bullshit.

Man I loved the psychic gym battle

I would hope so if you really think about the work and specifics it takes to make a great pokemon

That rat is as much of a loser as Ash is himself. His 20 years of failure are shared with the Pikajew.

Majority of them are the game player characters and the rivals

I liked the Mega Evolution specials because we caught a glimpse at the competitive trainers clashing against each other and pushing the limits of Mega Evolution. It was a cool reminder there are trainers out there like that.

>There's nothing more pleasant that seeing him unleash his full powerlevel and fuck the shit out of pseudo-legends and other fully evolved mons.
If he would actually win then sure. But he doesn't.
You are literally explaining why they don't

No one but Lusamine gives you shit for that. Otherwise you are the axiom of goodness.

So I am only evil when nobody knows about it? that is even worse
That is griffith tier if everyone around you thinks you are a saint.

>tfw twitch streams pokemon is on what seems like indefinite hiatus
It was pretty fun while it lasted

No. You are the definition of goodness, if you do it it can't be bad.

>It was pretty fun while it lasted
No
It was fun until anarchy was over.

His S/M outfit was pretty great. Stylish but chill, out on a holiday.

What if I intentionally make a pokemon hate me and put it through abuse so the move frustration is stronger?

Yes most people like Vegeta more than Goku

You are bad in relation to your pokémon but not to society. At worst you just need to work harder.

That's not his real outfit

Attached: b49.png (351x659, 140K)

Reminder that Shooty lost in the first fucking round of his first league

The tournament format, yeah. But the leagues in name do exists in game, they just use the E4 format. Ornage doesn't exist at all in the games.

>At worst you just need to work harder.
Why? I got 100% the result I wanted and there is nothing I would change.
I could've chosen Return instead and made sure the pokemon loves me but I picked frustration so I see a different animation from other people.
In universe that would be a sadist who likes seeing his pokemon unhappy more when he knows it would be just as strong if it were happy.

If you take it to appraisal otherwise no one tells you anything nor judges you.

I never really minded Charizard disobeying, not only did it stress how powerful he was, but it put the onus on Ash for not being a good enough trainer, which was ultimately a way more satisfying explanation for a loss than "YOUR POKEMON WASN'T STRONG ENOUGH". This is why most of Ash's later losses in the League are so much more frustrating, because they're out of Ash's control.

Charizard being a twat also makes his later triumphs, especially the third movie, way cooler as well.

So what? The pokemon is still miserable and as long as the move has 100 attack I literally have the confirmation it is always miserable
So every time I used it the game told me that the thing is in pain. You can't defend this shit

It was Sun/Moon, but better

If you have a team of 6 pokemon with 100% frustration Oak will still say that your love and compassion for Pokemon is what gives you strength.

Yes because he thinks I do. Not because he KNOWS I do
He also thinks I care about finishing the pokedex the dumb sap.

I always just wanted to be an Onix. Years of lifting later and in still not nearly as tall as I wanted to be

As a kid I just felt second-hand embarrassment for Ash. It's the big final match of the tournament, everybody is watching. They're all waiting to see how your training and adventuring has payed off. You've having a competitive match showing your stuff, at this point Ash probably wouldn't even mind losing as long as he got to show what he's worth.

Then you pull out Charizard and he takes a nap on you. He says "no faggot I will not fight at all, eat your L"

It'd be like going to a dog show and having it bite you on national TV

Dont forget that pokemon game avatar's instincual reaction to seeing criminal enterprises and gangs is not to report them to the authorities or break up ther operations, but to steal their money through pokemon battles.

Only the apraisser knows that and it won't say you are an evil piece of shit. You know what does the job too? Bitter medicine and that's far from evil.

At least he didn’t get swept by an untrained Krabby

Kek. I love the ranting grunts do when you fuck their shit up. It gives you an idea about how they saw your PC.

I mean often the law enforcement or someone else with authority is nearby
But thinking about the first generation you are right. You find Team Rocket under the gambling ring and jump in yourself to loot the place and the other time you jump into a terrorist hostage situation and risk everyone's life.

Who's better, emo/loner Red in the game or Red in Pokemon Special?

Technically you appraise your pokemon every time you use frustration or return. And again even if just one person knows you are evil that doesn't make you less evil
Griffith tier.

>Pikachu CRAWLS INTO DRAGONITE'S MOUTH and lets a giant Thunder rip while inside him
Holy Slaanesh now thats metal.

Attached: 538853421.jpg (480x360, 10K)

the highest authority in gen 1 are pretty much those gate guards

To be fair evolving snivy makes him look less smug, which is a crippling blow to his effectiveness

No one says you are evil.

No one says Griffith is evil.

>ash went through all kinds of shit to save charmander
>loves ash when it was a charmander
>Turns into a fuckimg asshole when it became a charmeleon
I know he mellows outband becomes one of Ash's greatest bros and just the fucking ace of his team in general, but why did he turn into such a fuckjng asshole for no reason for a while.

Attached: season16_ep19_ss01.jpg (578x327, 70K)

Ash was given a thunderstone and was offered a possibility to evolve Pikachu after he got blown the fuck out by Lt. Surge, but he refused to use it because "Pikachu would never be the same."
Basically he values him more as a friend than a fighting mascot.

We are not talking about Griffith.

But your arguments just as much apply to griffith
Not being observed as evil does not mean you aren't.

Imagine being able to stop all traffic in and out of the region's largest city because you're thirsty

Probably trying to implement the game system for traded Pokemon. If you didn't have a badge certain badges, Pokemon from X level and above received in trades wouldn't listen to you.

While that Charmander technically didn't belong to anyone (it was released). The still went with it because it was the closest thing to that the characters had at the time.

Charizard puberty or something, he needed to go hang out with his own kind for a while.

You can be observed. And that's not the argument, the argument is about axioms and Griffith is no axiom.

Let's just say Ash is finally tired of jobbing and decides to not fuck around anymore.
What would be his All-star team?
Pikachu ofcourse, but who else?
I think it would be.
>Pikachu
>zard
>sceptile
>memefrog
>krookodile
>heracross

Attached: 1484032306-2c59f2d57f0e5a211dabcc1f32489e4a.jpg (750x363, 169K)

The problem is Ash can never win the league as they need an excuse for him to say "I'll get better and try the league in the next region".

That's pretty much it. Maybe Krookodile could get swapped out depending on the situation but otherwise yeah that's the team.

The only retards and faggots are the ones that actually watch Pokemon anime while being over 10 years old.

Is he allowed to evolve them? I vote for Garchomp
Its a beast

Garchomp would be beast, but Ash never actively evolves his mons he just kinda let's it happen.
I am honestly surprised his cyndaquill evolved after not using him for almost a decade.

He didn't refuse, Pikachu did

No Snorlax?
Snorlax never takes out less than 2 pokemon in a fight, I believe

Infernape is his strongest Pokemon, and Bulbasaur is his most reliable one. He’s got to have them. I’d say
>Infernape
>Charizard
>Pikachu
>Greninja
>Bulbasaur
>Snorlax

I'd put Infernape over Heracross but I guess that two fire types fucks up with the balance of the team.

>Bulbasaur
I've always hated that little turd since his "I refuse to evolve for no reason" episode

Cyndaquill got cucked pretty badly after making the second Johto gym battle all about him replacing Charizard as Ash's fire ace only to end up getting replaced by Charizard for the final gym and the league.

Don't you mean Red when talking about the manga?

Red in Pokemon Special is a regular pure child on an adventure, Game Red is the loner.

>Ash about to use Pikachu to fight Magmar over a volcano
>Charizard steps forward instead
Good times.

How can you leave out Snorlax? That was his powerhouse whenever Charizard wasn't on screen. Infernape was also one of his best, he should be on there somewhere too.

Wasn't his Kingler surprisingly clutch?

Why does the anime team refuse to let Ash's Pokemon evolve with 1 or 2 exceptions per generation? Even for marketing purposes who the fuck wants to see him run around with some NFE shitmons for 90% of the run. The reason people were hyped for Kalos was because for the first time EVER his team were all fully evolved, granted they ended up becoming jobbers but the point still stands. Why couldn't he have gotten a Seismitoad or Scrafty or Floatzel or Garchomp or Crawdaunt it's not like the pre evolutions were delegated to 100% comic relief either.

Snorlax making the team would mean half of them being genwunners.

>Pikachu
>Charizard
>Infernape
>Greninja
>Snorlax
>Krookodile

Probably. Maybe Heracross or Kingler swapping in and out depending on the area. And if he evolves his Gible into a Garchomp, then drop Krookodile.

Could he go back and get primeape back? Giving him up was his dumbest decision I can remember.

Attached: images (1).jpg (270x186, 8K)

He captured a completely random Krabby.

He never trained it. Never used it. Never talked to it.

Then he pulled it out for its first ever match in the Indigo League.

And it swept some trainer who was well-liked and supposedly a favourite to win (might have just been the dub that said that, not sure), wiping out his entire team and evolving in the process.

Ash's Kingler is a beast.

>especially the third movie
We can all agree that third movie was the best movie right?
Outer god unknowns fulfilling and twisting the wish of a lonely little girl to wreak havoc on the world was so good.

Attached: greenfield-tower.png (1280x720, 1.62M)

>Charizard putting up a fight against motherfucking ENTEI
Really good times.

Because cuddly babymon plushies sell more than fully evolved action figures.

Should've gotten better pokemon later on then.
I'd put Krookodile and Heracross in reserve with Sceptile starting. Otherwise the team is good.

First one will always be the best for me, but I can also admit that I do have some nostalgia for it. I also love the second movie, but mainly because of Lugia.

How does this work? How can someone own legendaries in the anime universe? Are they clones or is there more than one of each legendary?

Attached: 1286332654061.png (210x230, 3K)

When Butterfree and Pidgeot return.

i am still mad, but yeah, Alain was almost as bad as ending of Franxx

>about to kill Ash
>"I AM ENTEI!"
>Charizard rolls in, roars with what you just know is a "go fuck yourself" and literally pulls Ash's ass out of the fire

That applies to meme comic relief pokemon like Oshowatt, Rowlett, and Totodile, but nobody is going to buy a fucking Pignite, Boldore or Quilava plush

who evolved mid-battle, right?

It's confirmed that there are more than one of most legendaries. Even Mewtwo, if you consider the movies canon.

They were both jobbers and had to go, tho. Primeape was a real alpha.

And then it almost crushed Charizard's neck.

Was Sceptile ever all that good? I don't remember him pulling off anything especially clutch. It did beat Darkrai just barely after two others had softened it up, but then Latios rolled out and pushed its face in.

IIRC, Ash wasn't so sure about Krabby but he needed an Water-type badly and Squirt wasn't available at the time. Ah oh boy, it delivered against all odds.

Some Legendaries have more than one.

Most trainers with them are "friends" and the legendary just helps them though. For example, one of the Battle Frontier leaders had an Articuno, but it was a friend and just hung out with him, while being willing to follow his orders if it came down to an actual battle (and he wouldn't battle with it unless it agreed to fight, plus it didn't have a pokeball).

To be fair, that Entei had infinite stamina thanks to that little Mary Sue literally willing it.

>one of my favorite fully evolved starter designs
>get hyped that Ash gets two fully evolved starters for the first time ever
>becomes the ultimate jobber and does absolutely nothing upon evolving to the point where it never won a single battle

They did my boy Torterra dirty

Attached: 1200px-389Torterra.png (1200x1200, 913K)

Charizard vs Articuno or Charizard vs Blastoise would I think be my favourites.

Heracross shrugging off Magmar's fire blast somehow and megahorning it to death in the same fight was better though.

>Horrible animation
The Sun & Moon anime is the most animated Pokémon has ever been. You just dislike the designs

Also that little shit started to manipulate the environment and create spikes and shit that hurt Charizard.

in similar vein i found my love for Fletchling.
She evolved into Fletchinder in fight against Talonflame, two evolutions ahead.
Then she forced herself to evolve again just to save Ash, this time by tanking a fire blast from literal essence of fire, the Moltres
I am pretty fucking sure that if Talonflame had to fight something BIG again, she'd evolve into Moltres

That huge earthquake was so strong that it actually gave ash brain damage in gen 5.

His attacks seemed so powerful and yet I never saw him connecting an Earthquake or Frenzy Plant.

Primeape is at Oak's Lab now

It wasn't a real Entei, it had infinite power and Lovecraft-like Unown making it unbeatable.

I always liked the second one the most due to Team Rocket not being dicks for once and showing off all the legendary birds minus HoOh

That's fair, Lugia was pretty awesome. That was back in the day when Aeroblast was Hyper Beam but stronger instead of the stupid wind bullshit it is today.

Attached: aeroblast.gif (320x240, 1.22M)

Bulbasaur was an absolute unit though. People forget it used to be his ace since Charizard was a shitbag

Attached: 1513140800670.jpg (1252x1920, 803K)

>all these Charizard lovers
Remember when Ash choked in Battle Frontier and tried to Seismic Toss a Ghost-type? And Dusclops proceeded to use the fuckup to take Charizard out?

Should be updated, Goodra jobbed HARD against Bisharp and was literal deadweight

That is more on Ash giving the wring orders than Charizard fucking up though.

Poor noivern
stuck in jobber hell
at least gooDra had a flower waifu to go back to

How does Ash manage to cope with being anime's worst jobber?

this. There are some PG-13 moments other than that it tends to stay pretty light
BW is probably the darkest though if only due to SUFFERING at the very end that never gets resolved

Attached: 1540445338434.png (846x1200, 319K)

>pidgeotto never won a fight
What how?

I refuse to believe Talonflame has the same win ratio than Torterra. She was based.

I'm going to say the K word and no one can stop me.

Torterra's WR is boosted from Turtwig and Grotle's WR, he would be zero otherwise

For some reason I remember Muk doing a lot better then that

Electric Tale of Pikachu, not Special

Team Rocket cucked him out of beating Misty and he got sidelined really bad once Ash got all of the gen 1 starters.

>Kingler that high
based

Attached: crabhammer.gif (498x372, 1.47M)

Pidgeotto rarely ever fought period. He was used to do random shit like pop Team Rocket's balloon but almost never fought

Attached: 1478460792818.png (640x548, 350K)

pidgeotto barely fought at all

>No Snorlax
>no Infernape
>No Tauros
>No Torterra
Deciding Ash's best 6 outside of Pika, Zard and Frog is hard

>tfw Bulbasauce/Squirtle/Pikachu/Lapras are in a team that beat you

Kingler was always one of my favorites as a kid
>Ash don't be a retard and use that stupid tiny crab that YOU'VE NEVER USED OR TRAINED
>fucking solos the match
I think he only lost to an Arcanine in the very begining of an episode with no dialogue. To bad he was never seen again basically

Attached: 1471471836784.png (528x756, 88K)

I've always loved Kingler. Back in the RB days I traded my friend a Krabby and it became his ace, he trained it all the way up to level 100 and thrashed me every time we fought.

This, I remember it using Whirlwind to clear Smokescreen more than anything else. Same went for Butterfree before it fucked off.

>best part of the show is when a neglected tiny crab goes all out and makes Hiroshima look like a joke

>Wait where's Pidgeot
>Oh right he fucking released it and never came back to get it

>I was more pissed at Team Rocket for being incapable of leaving out their obligatory kidnapping Pikachu plots out of the fucking Pokemon League episodes and tiring half of Ash's team before this very important battle.

THIS

Man, they really reached the annoyance factor

"His" Lapras sucked, Squirtle was alright and his Bulbasaur was pretty fucking good. He told a magical court of Ivysaurs and a Venasaur "no way fag" and refused to evolve with no everstone

Attached: FINAL DESTINATION.gif (500x333, 492K)

Lizardon.

He jobbed hard though.

3 of those are his OG 4 though
The last being Charizard

Back in the last Battle Frontier, when he couldn't even beat the last guy after fighting twice, they were the 4 he called upon in order to win

>when the Squirtle sunglasses come out

>despite saying that he'd meet his Pidgeot again in the 1st Johto gym battle episode.

>Based monkey and frog brofist

TwitchPresents Pokemon D/P B/W X/Y starts on the 27th user. February 27th to May 5th

Why doesn't he just not press B?

Charmander was gaining EXP too fast and Ash didn't have enough badges when it evolved.

Didn't Yami lost 1 time and fucked over yugi in the process?

Bullshit. That's just another retarded decision like Ash never wins. If the anime never pulled that we would live in a better world with Raichu as the mascot.

Its been like this since Ralts

I feel like it went to shit at the end of DPP

youtube.com/watch?v=hNqtfFXq00k

It's like top level horse racing (i.e. battling) and dog showing (i.e. contests) in the real world.

His own fault for being dumb enough to field a disobedient Pokemon.

Pidgeotto mainly just acted as a scout or popping team rocket's balloon sometimes

He had no other Pokemons left other than Bulbasaur who would have gotten destroyed by OC Ash's Charmander because they all got tired fighting Team Rocket earlier

It just sucked, dude. Muk and Tauros were more based.

Get your fucking head out of your asshole, anyone with half a brain could see from space that Alain was a better trainer

>Pikachu
>Charizard
>Sceptile
>Infernape
>Krookodile
>Greninja

And his sub team:
>Snorlax
>Torterra
>Goodra
>Lycanroc
>Heracross
>Glalie

Oh, cool. Thanks for the reminder

>Face it orange league >>>>>> all the rest
It was probably the comfiest season of the original series come to think of it(other than maybe the early episodes).

DP was the best Pokemon anime tho.

>Ash will never just bring his whole Tauros horde along with him on an adventure and literally steamroll everyone that challenges him

Attached: 1243758655639.jpg (303x500, 143K)

He shouldn't have even brought Charizard on his team though honestly.
Muk or Kingler or Tauros would have been better
especially Kingler

charizard was a total ass but what REALLY sucked was the Johto league finally. Charizard stopped being a total prick in the orange islands but for awhile he was training at some Charizard camp because he realized he was still acting like hot shit when he wasn't even THAT great. so then he came back and kicked Gary's Blastoise's ass and FINALLY we saw a payoff for that rivalry they'd had since the very start of the series.

THEN some asshole comes along with gen 3 Pokemon and Blaziken beats Charizard

But did you beat them on a first try?

Literally every generation had an electric rodent. They could have just replaced Ash and Pikachu with someone that looks like the male player character from the respective generation and used its electric rodent as the mascot. I'm not sure why the fuck they stuck with the same one for more than 20 years when the games literally set it up for them.

>Ornage doesn't exist at all in the games.
Yes it does, the island is just unaccessible.

>greninja beats a mega sceptile with water shuriken, despite m-sceptile be8ng 4× resistant to water
>people suck off ash saying that not even type advantages can stop him.
>memefrogs jobs against BURASTO BAAN, despite being resistant to fire moves
>people cry about how bullshit that was and that greninja should not be beaten by a move he is strong against.
I say it karma.

>implying it was only two
if pikachu had won against latios i would bet my left nut heatran would have appeared out of fucking nowhere

If you think about it he was lucky to get as far as he did, he never even used half of those Pokemon and always kept the ones who he'd been training for a while on the backburner instead of having them as his front line.

Filler.
He lost to Yugi in the end though and he lost to Bakura/Zorc in his previous life.

Pikachu
Charizard
Snorlax
Sceptile
Infernape
Greninja

This is the undeniable All-Stars Ash team.
Nothing else compares. Only maybe Gible it was fully evolved considering it made even Tobias shit it's pants and was super glad he managed to get it out early because otherwise he'd sweep him.

You don't question the marketers responsible for dominating the 90's. Pikachu has so much brand power stuck up his ass that it would be irresponsible to replace it with some flying squirrel knockoff.

>Bakura/Zorc in his previous life.
technically didn't he just suicide bomb him with some vague Egyptian magic
it was never really that clear what exactly happened since the "recreation" is fucked from the get go because it's a weird tabletop game

Attached: 010_1471603731.jpg (728x1110, 207K)

>What if I intentionally make a pokemon hate me and put it through abuse so the move frustration is stronger?
It would just make you stupid, because return is just as strong and easier to keep on full power

>>THEN some asshole comes along with gen 3 Pokemon and Blaziken beats Charizard
And then he loses next round because Charizard fucked up Blaziken so hard it couldn't recover for the next round.

>he refused to use it because "Pikachu would never be the same."
Codeword for "We don't want to lose our female audience".
A huge part of why Pokemon is popular is due to its cuteness factor.

They lost their chance with Johto desu. By that point, Pikachu was the mascot of the franchise

what the fuck is ash's trash team

>>A huge part of why Pokemon is popular is due to its cuteness factor.
And people wonder why designs get rounder and cuter with every generation. People still think we are living in the nineties when XXXXTREME was the peak of popularity. Kaijumons are out of the run already, cutesy and inoffensive things are the ones that sell the most now.

I got bored of Special after RGB arc.

Raichu is cute too though
But they're not going to get rid of the mascot on a whim

Best Wishes was a really really bad season

Squirtle was on the team too, he just wasn’t needed because Krabby swept.

Reminder that Tracey was a thing because for a while the dudes who were making the Pokemon anime were worried that Brock might have been offensive for International Audiences.

When they found out that Brock was popular internationally and that everybody wanted him back they brought him back.

>Worst gen3 starter, not fully evolved
>Bird
>Slow ass 1-stage fire type
>Wasting a slot on an ice mon when you already have a water type
shit nigger what are you doing

I'll never why people like you act like if the anime acts and works under the rules of the game.

Probably because it's shown he's had stronger teams. When he has a blatantly weaker team than a previous season, it just looks dumb

is Sun/Moon actually worth watching? I'm in the mood for a cute pokemon show desu

even though sun/moon game was bad, story was fine i guess

Attached: can i get uuuuuuu.jpg (2972x1870, 598K)

If he wins the league then that means Ash won't bother with other leagues and he will continue to try beating the E4 over and over which doesn't make for exciting content.

Unless they change the definition to Ash aiming to conquer every league in the world or some shit.

Rules of the game have nothing to do with it, his team composition is all over the place.

>I'm in the mood for a cute pokemon show desu
You're good to go then. SM is full-on SoL and fluff, perhaps a bit too much.

Except for Sophocles and Ash.

you're just jealous

Attached: 1539040261233.jpg (1280x720, 60K)

>his team composition is all over the place.
And you're once more applying game logic on this. This the anime where a Pikachu can tie with a Latios, "team composition" is a meaningless term where the power of bro is all that matters in the anime.

>This the anime where a Pikachu can tie with a Latios
I mean, we're not just talking about a random Pikachu

>Serena kiss scene was an apology.
Disugsting.
Ash and Dawn were a better pairing.

>I wish the anime would change as much as the games do.
You mean, none at all?

>D-Doesn't count!
Do I list all the other feats a gorillion of unevolved mons have showed in the anime too? Or do those don't count either?

I liked the Sinnoh ending except for Swellow jobbing. Swellow shouldn’t go down that easy, not even to a Latios.

A well-balanced team that can play off of each other's strengths will do better than whatever random mons you happen to catch on the hike up to the league. That's not game logic, it's common sense.

>Dawn
Want to know how I know you have shit taste?

You didn't call her Hikari.

The old art was way better.
Also I could never get into the rest of the stuff after this arc...gold/silver arc bored me so I dropped it.

Why would a bird win against a psychic fighter jet?

>Unless they change the definition to Ash aiming to conquer every league in the world or some shit.
I mean
>To be the very best like no one ever was
Have YOU heard of an All Regions Champion?
No.
So that's how he can become the Best, instead of just being a fucking loser all the time.
And it's not like he has to fucking win them all at once. He can go beat Kanto and Hoenn then go fuck off to Gen 8 area, finish that, go fuck up Cynthia and Diantha and fuck their tender pussies, go to Gen 9.
Repeat until Pokemon finally dies out because

It should have used the Luster Purge as armor

And I keep telling you, tourneyfag logic =/= anime logic. Both work perfectly fine in the anime, specially so the just use what you like and they'll pull through because you love them and stuff. It's only in the games where you have to play incest eugenics simulator 3000 and throw a gorillion babies into the wild to get something of worth because it is ultimately a numbers game.
Pokemon is one of the most self-contradictory franchises in the world, it tells you something on paper but then does that on practice. What a mess.

>the power of bro is all that matters in the anime.
Clearly. That's why Ash's friendships with his pokemon have won him so many tournaments, right?

This is not a thing in the anime.
It's never ever referenced.

Pikachu is the only one who has beaten multiple pseudos in a row, though.

The power of the old Japanese executives and endless merchandising void is far more powerful I'm afraid.

6 Taurus.

It's gotten him on buddy-buddy terms with motherfucking Arceus so clearly it's working somehow.

Didn't that Cameron guy forget to Bring a sixth pokemon making Ash's defeat the worst?

Attached: 1405053790216.jpg (169x240, 10K)

Type advantages still exist in the anime. The attacks used in the games still exist in the anime. The fact that evolved pokemon are stronger is established early on in the anime. The fact that pokemon that don't respect their trainers won't listen to them in battle is well-established in the anime. Ash has done precisely none of those things, which is why he keeps losing.

Little girls want Pikachu and only Pikachu.

He got fucked by him when he was fighting him with Slifer.

>20% Tauros
This isn't fair since Ash owns three dozen Tauros.

Sure, but it isn't going to win him any tournaments.

Kingler was always a bro, I loved as a kid how everyone shat on him for being useless and he kicked the ever living shit out of everything he faced besides Arcanine and Psyduck.

>Raichu is cute too though
Not according to girls.

If anything I think Pokemon are getting uglier and uglier with each generation since Gen 5.
They were way cuter in Gen 1.

Gen 4 was the peak when it comes to pokemon designs.

which one did he forgot? I count 6 here

Both names are cool. I used to watch JP DP Raws weekly, shit was comfy.

>Gen 4 was the peak when it comes to pokemon designs.

Attached: 250px-464Rhyperior.png (250x250, 53K)

at least he beat gary

>To be the very best like no one ever was
That's a dub song tho.
The japanese opening was "Aim to be a Pokemon Master"

>The Sun & Moon anime is the most animated Pokémon has ever been
Yeah, it's *more* animated but it's not *well* animated. For a show with less shading and simpler designs, there's still a lot QUALITY all over the place.

The crazy looking rat.

Attached: vs.png (615x327, 416K)

Becoming the champion of every region would be a nakanaka nakanaka nakanaka nakanaka taihen

>Cherrypicking
Every generations had its stinkers.
What about Lucario, Buizel, Fucking Dialga and Palkia?

Season 1 had actual writing, it made you feel, and the show was fresh. Even if you were not a kid it delivered in the "unexpected" factor that made it a fun ride from time to time.

To be fair both of them had the tagline of "Pokemon, I'll catch them" so the anime could revolved around Ash aiming to catch every single pokemon after he becomes champion.

>Lucario
>Palkia
You're not seriously calling these good designs, right?

Why did you have to remind me of this shit?

That's because things like Jessie smashing starmie with a sledgehammer was considered fair game. The series (literally) got lost in a forest of garbage in johto.

This made Ash look better compared to the asspull.that was the Kalos League finals.

fucker needs to fully evolve his pokemans

Re-watching Johto is the only thing it deters me from marathoning all episodes. Fuck that uneventful pile of shit.

That never happened. End of discussion.

Lads, I miss being a kid with no worries whatsoever and looking forward to watching Pokemon everyday.

Attached: 1387806034.png (400x400, 23K)

>Implying they weren't some of the best pokemon designs ever
GTFO

Electric tales of Pikachu?

>the days of childhood
>waking up in the morning
>watching Pokemon, then Dragonball Z (Namek) before school
>wondering what would happen if Ash fought Goku
>wondering what giant robot Team Rocket would use this time
>still confused about why Goku's hair blew up yellow after "Dragon Dragon Rock the Dragon" intro

May was boring as fuck, she might as well have not been in the show at all. It was even worse when they added her brother.

DP was much better and was my favorite trio. That was also the last time I watched Pokemon.

>the e4 in the form we know them from the games aren't a thing in Pokeverse or at least it never was stated that the pokemon league leads up to fighting them
You never watched the show at all, did you?

Attached: ba3XEgI.png (1058x673, 824K)

Honestly? I fucking hate it that they don't let Ash/Satoshi win any of the major leagues. All these years and not a single actual win.

Meanwhile Red not only won the Kanto League, he also annihilated Team Rocket.

I think you're underselling how bad May was.
May literally started the trend of Female tag-a-longs wanting to take part in contests out of fear (A fear she never admits to having because Muh Pride) of getting her ass handed to her at a gym because she was so shit at battling
Then proved she's an idiot because she didn't find out battling was part of contests until she already entered one.
She was a coward ass cunt and a stupid one.

>This is not a thing in the anime.
>It's never ever referenced.
They literally say it in the Paras episode after it evolved and started disobeying, you fuck.

Attached: IL044_13.jpg (640x480, 220K)

Game-Red then goes off to train on Mount Silver, and beat the shit out of the GSC protag when they run into him at random while exploring.

>not fuck around anymore
>still putting pikachu in the lineup
bruh

That Pikachu probably sweats rare candy and shits light balls.

I grew up playing Silver so I was confused as fuck when I found a random "nobody" at the end of Mt. Silver. Imagine my surprise when he pulled out a Lvl. 81 Pikachu.

Well my memory is foggy but the only thing May was worth for was fapping to her.
But other than that she was so invisible as a character. It was particularly bad when you notice that they introduced her kid brother to fullfill Misty's role of grabbing Brock by the ear whenever he flirted with someone.

I don't know how she influenced other characters because I stopped watching after DP but I liked Dawn a whole lot, she was my favorite tag-a-long.

This was worse than Kalos and maybe kanto for most bullshit pulled.
Only thing that made it ignored now was that Ash was retarded throughout and Unova was a shit anime throughout, so it didn't matter
>all those unevolved fucks
>charizard only come back after E4, and missed out on using both megas in Kalos as a result

I blame the mindset of Ash never being allowed to win leagues to be the reason why romance mangas will forcibly extend their longevity 4x or more past their natural lifespan.
>Just do whatever you can to delay it and we can make more money

It's odd how most of the time only one or two appear in each gen

I don't remember it then. It's been a long while.

it made me realize that training Pokemon is probably really hard if it was real life. It's not a game where you just get a bunch of experience points.

You probably have to work your ass off just like in the real world. Hit the gym. And maybe if you're lucky enough to be in the 1%, you can be a pro athlete. More than likely though, you'll fail since its all just a numbers game.

What the fuck does Ash not winning anything have to do with Romance manga?

HE DIDN'T EVEN HAVE 6 POKEMON
THE FUCKING RETARD TOUGHT 5 WERE A FULL FUCKING TEAM
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

>See this really popular series can forcibly extend it's protagonist not reaching his goal
>"Hey I can do the same."
>Proceeds to make 5 arcs about MC shitting on every girl besides the main heroine instead of just getting them together.
Or maybe it's just my general hatred of Japan prolonging resolutions growing so much it fuses together and I'm crazy.

He did win gyms purley trough having luck that his pokemon evolved just at the right time to win. Him losing to Riolu evolving to Lucario in the league was just fdair which doesn
't change that he lost to literal retard who shouldn't even be allowed to be in the league.

>ywn have a Machop/Machoke/Machamp chadbro to help you work out and lift

Didn't May enter proper gym battles during Battle Frontier?

>he didn't hack himself to be shiny with perfect IV's

Pathetic

I skipped Gen 4 as a whole so I don't know.

I remember some Trading card with tepig's evolution line and some kid who owned one as a kid, but as he grew it only really evolved, so as a teen it's pignite and by the time he has his own kids it's an Emboar. Makes you wonder how slow a pokemon under some regular pet owner would evolve.

>shiny with perfect IVs
Not such a thing.

During the first draft of the season 1 writer whose name I just forgot
being a Pokemon trainer was something that everybody wanted to be, but most simply failed at since it was a really hard "job", only being able to make money if you win so a lot of guzys end up like Brooks dad.
The guy wrote two books about his drafts, there was shit like being a gym leader was also a shit job, but prestigeful. If you lose three gym battles, you'd lose your license from the League to be an offical gym leader, and the pay was so bad that a lot of gyms had opther venues to make money, like the swimming show of the Cerulean gym.

You are just delusional

No wonder all the gym leaders seem to have second occupations.
Here I thought Elesa was just a model because 'Holy fuck I have a hot bod'

>If you lose three gym battles, you'd lose your license from the League to be an offical gym leader
Unless you're Sabrina because who the fuck is going to tell the bitch that imploded a house 'You can't be a Gym leader anymore'

Is Ash the biggest loser in anime history?

>Charizard is a cunt
>They're gonna die in the volcano
>Charizard only helps out because of Magmar to show off
>You think this is finally it, where Charizard becomes useful
>He fucks it up in the tournament
>He then gets frozen in that episode sometime after wards and Ash fucks his hands up saving him
>Charizard is from then on loyal to ash and helps him beat various things
>Ash then gives him away for some reason
We all know that Charizard had been, specifically, a powerful Pokemon that Ash couldn't control and when he finally did he had to be gotten rid of because most problems could have been solved with it. Instead Pikachu became the solver. The main issue I have and will always have with Ash is his inability or missing desire to ACTUALLY be a Pokemon master. If he met a new Pokemon regular and captured it, then it would be good. Legendaries and shit you can ignore but come on. Ash has met fucking Pokemon God (who is now hilariously weaker than about a dozen Pokemon) and all the other Gods and never tried to captured them or have them help. Ash is a perpetual loser who shows that doing the 'right thing' is better than being a winner. It's been 20 odd years and he hasn't won anything of note. They could make him win once every four years or something.

And since it's gone into game talk already. Pokemon is no longer fun when it's now about perfect IV's and personalities and stats and all that jazz, instead of just fun monsters to throw at each other. Not a unique problem to Pokemon, all games now are datamined and explained on wiki's and remove a lot of the fun.

Kumagawa, but other than that no.

Yamcha exists so no

It was Takeshi Shudo.
pokemonthenovel.dreamwidth.org/380.html#cutid1
Has translations of the two books, since they were never officailly translated.

>camel toe
That's pretty hot.

The only romance manga I can think of that is as long as Pokemon is probably Ah My Goddess!
Give me a break, what a fucking terrible analogy. Romance mangas usually aren't that long.

Anything that is massively popular will go on until they bleed the cow dry and even when they do that they'll try to fill it with milk again so they can dry it again.

I only remember her doing contests, but that wasn't really the problem with May.

>If you lose three gym battles, you'd lose your license from the League to be an offical gym leader
Horseshit considering how many people win against all of those gym leaders in the anime.

Just falsify your reports bro

That's Gen 3.
Gen 4 is DP.

no thats probably Subaru from Re;Zero

I imagine a lot of shitters are inbetween

Hey fuck you kid.

They're longer than they should be though.
Masamune Kun No Revenge was 15 chapters, 20 tops. Went to 100.
Nisekoi was boring predictable shit that should have been axed immediatly
And God knows we could have gone without Oreimo being 'Oh people hate my precious daughter? TIME TO MAKE ASSES OUT OF EVERY OTHER FEMALE'
And the entire Harem subgenre is plagued by it.
Because fuck Progress, Pokemon doesn't do it.
Also AMG perfectly exemplifies the problem shared with Pokemon.

There was a lot of weird bullshit with the gen 1 gyms like Ash getting banned from the Celadon gym for dissing perfume, Sabrina, Blaine pretending that there was no gym in Cinnabar island and Sabrina turning those who lost against her into dolls.

It kind of is because contests are kind of shit, as seen by the fact they stopped doing them in the games but kept them in the anime so the female have something to do besides get their asses handed to them by Gym Leaders we just saw Ash beat.

You said if they lost 3 gym battles...you didn't specify 3 in a row.

>Masamune Kun No Revenge was 15 chapters, 20 tops. Went to 100.
No it didn't. It wasn't even 50 chapters long.
>Nisekoi
>boring
No. That shit was fun and 200 chapters isn't that long.

Seems to me like you're butthurt that your girl didn't win.

AMG is one man's life-work.
Pokemon is a massive juggernaut of a franchise that will never end even if Nintendo goes bankrupt.
Not even a comparison.

First draft, mate. Shudo either changed it or never mentioned it in the anime, but the dude was full of wacky ideas. He wanted Ashs whole journey to be a fucking dream, and after that got shiot down, make a 4th Pokemon movie with a civil war between Pokemon and humans, with Ash getting zapped by Pikachu to death.

Attached: Screenshot_2019-02-25 Pokemon Anime's Original Head Writer Wanted to End Series on a Really Sad (763x1313, 257K)

>contests are kind of shit
Fuck you I liked them. Well moreso the Dawn ones because May was boring as fuck while Dawn made the more fun with her genuine enthusiasm.

Ash has what basically amount to gods shitting on him to stop him from winning.

>No it didn't. It wasn't even 50 chapters long.
It felt like 100.
>That shit was fun and 200 chapters isn't that long.
Oh yes because knowing who will win and having to sit through discussions about why the winner won't win, and yadda yadda yadda shipping discussion was SO FUN.
Gotta like how you can't deny Oriemo was trash though.

>He wanted Ashs whole journey to be a fucking dream
We St. Elsewhere now.

Only because the author kept taking breaks and kept giving us half chapters in the last arc.

Nisekoi was consistently funny and entertaining throughout its run. The rampant shitposting on Yea Forums was just the cherry on top.

I never watched much of Oreimo, seemed like one of those generic LN adaptations to me.
The thing I remember most is fapping to that one webm of Kirino's ass moving around.

Wasn't the reason Ash lost Kalos was because him winning would make him unrelatable to Audiences?
A. Who the fuck thinks that because he won 1 League of out 5 at that point that he's suddenly some unrelatable character?
B. Even if he was now suddenly unrelatable why the fuck is this a problem? People read Dragonball and I doubt any relates to the borderline nonfunctional retard that can erase the universe that is Goku, and people like Superman and Batman despite how unrelatable they are (and fuck off if you think Boo Hoo my billionaire parents are dead Bruce Wayne is relatable)
C. EVEN THEN, you still could had him just lose to the E4 or Diantha and extend your most popular season in years.
God I hate Japanese Execs

>Gary loses ven earlier
>Ritchie (or whatever that Ash's clone name was) loses his next battle
All in all, that was pretty good "here comes the big world" moment. Sadly, it hardly matters since pokemon animu is something you're supposed to drop after few years, so you don't really get the satisfying conclusion to that.

Really? I thought that it was obvious from the lyrics of every jp OP that Ash is destined to die in some big event and stay dead.

To me, that's the only way to end his story.

>Bruno appeared in the indigo league
>Loriel/Prima was in the Orange Islands
>Agatha filled in as the Viridian Gym Leader
>Lance was in Johto at the lake of rage

>>Lance was in Johto at the lake of rage
Well that was actually in the games.

What the fuck are you on about?

Ironically, it being filler was what made it enjoyable. They had no material to work with so they had to be creative. The game plot lines are repetitive as fuck.

As a kid, I found stuff like the crystal Onix, pink Ryhorn, etc really engaging because I hadn't seen them in a game. It had a lot more of an exploration feel, since I'd never done any of it myself. When they're investigating Team Magma or Team Aqua in the series, for example, I already know what their plan is.

>The game plot lines are repetitive as fuck.
Anime's story is nothing like the games.

The first series in general was written completely different from how the rest of the series turned out.

I don't know why Johto was so goddamn boring. Hoenn wasn't really that interesting either.

>>Nisekoi
>>boring
>No. That shit was fun
You delusional fuck

If you haven't seen the anime don't act like you know what you're talking about.
youtube.com/watch?v=rkEM2aMDVbk

Keep in mind that Ash was already super late because of Team Rocket shenanigans. So the crowd had been waiting ALL day for this match. And at the end of all of this, his fucking pokemon refuses to obey him and falls asleep. Goddamn that's so much worse than just losing. Imagine if there was an internet at the time. Imagine all the shitposting people would do about that kid who showed up late and his Charizard fell asleep. I don't know how Ash ever lived that down.

Three battles, or three battles in a row?

It's BY FAR the best. It has the best aesthetic, the best story, the best battles, The best intro scene, Brock and Misty get a chance to battle. Everything about it just works so well.

I reread it and it was three in a row, my mistake.

Reminder that Paul was right.

Attached: Pokemon Season 10 Episode 472 - Paul and Starly.jpg (1350x2025, 1024K)

t. buttblasted onoderacuck

Paul/Shinji was such an edgy fuck.

I know that, but the general cut and thrust of it is, get 8 badges, enter the league. Then the episodes between gym battles focus on some new Pokemon and their CotD owner. In the Orange League, they had already covered pretty much all the Kanto Pokemon, so they had to get more creative with plots. The gym battles were also completely different to normal.

By far.

I didn't even read it you fucktard. I hate ongoing harems on principle but it was crazy how so many people clearly hated reading it but would come back next week even though you know it's shit

He was just your average Pokemon player who knows what they're doing

I'll say after recently rewatching it the 2nd one doesn't hold up as well as I thought it didi. I mean I still enjoyed it but the main villain gets defeated halfway through the movie and like...most of the entire film is just...the birds fighting each other. And then Lugia shows up to stop them and then the just fuck him up.

I know but it doesn't really translate well in the anime and makes him look like a villain.

Every time Giovanni and Red are in the same scene is just great.

>I didn't even read it you fucktard.
And yet you comment on it without knowing anything about it.
I don't know about you but I don't comment on shit I didn't read/watch.

I thought it was understandable because everything was set up for Ash to not even reach far into the league. Ash was an inexperienced little shit that barely won his gym battles. He didn;t even beat Gary so when I was young I realized that "yep, this shit ain't going nowhere" (probably a more succinct summary to the entire Pokemon anime than ever,)

So no I wasn't as super mad as I was in Kalos or hell Sinnoh. Nothing will come close.

>I know that, but the general cut and thrust of it is, get 8 badges, enter the league.
Let's be honest though, most episodes were filler shit with Team Rocket showing up at the end trying to steal Pikachu and those were plenty creative.

Let's not pretend League Mode Pikachu isn't a fucking beast. Little fucker tied with Latios.

This is literally the correct way to play pokemon. Hell this strategy is the backbone of Pokemon Go. If they're useless you pound their ass into candy and keep moving.

My nostalgia googles overhype it a lot for the amount of legendaries there and because of the cute movie girl

Oh then please do educate me on what separates Nisekoi from all the other romcom school harems out there

The 2nd one isn't very good. The one thing people remember about it is how Misty gets really jealous over that one girl cause she kisses Ash and tells her later that Ash will be fine "because he's got me"

Attached: Melody.png (188x412, 58K)

*Green

I absolutely hated how Charizard changed personality after evolving. Totally destroyed the bond it had to satoshi

But thast one follows the inUniverse logic. Charmander wasn't Ashs original Pokemon but one from another trainer, so it evolved faster or at all for that matter then his normally caught ones. By doing that it can disobey it's new trainer if the trainer isn't "strong" enough himself, tough in the games that's shown trough the number oif gym badges you have.

Is Tyson the least memorable of the people who beat Ash in the league?

>no legendaries
>no Pokemon from another generation
>no Mega (by default)
>no bullshit like not having a full team or Pokemon not wanting to even battle

Sounds like Johto in general. Least memorable

Tyson was from Hoenn

Dude, the only reason behind Charizard's dick behavior was that Shudo, the original script writer, hated Ash and wanted him to lose.

It's weird to because when she first shows up she acts like a bratty city girl that doesn't get the legends and stuff. Then she seems to just be playing along so she can get close to Ash. After that she just seems really earnest and sweet, like her character makes a complete 180. Like rather than having a progression where she changes or realizes the legends are true she just sorta accepts it all at once.

One of the original Elite Four introduces herself by saying that real trainers use their pokemon to fuck other pokemon's shit up. I don't know why the anime always makes it seem like treating pokemon with respect and playing hardball in battles are mutually exclusive.

He really was though. Tobias absolutely crushing Ash with two legendaries shows that it's better to just pick the strongest pokemon. Paul's only flaw was not having access to a Zapdos or some shit.

>Successful millionaire and celebrity baseball star with multiple respectable rankings in the semi-finals of the world martial arts tournament
Yamcha's doing fine
Yeah he's not as strong as Goku but he never tried to be, he was just some guy who was pretty good at martial arts

>Shinji
Is it just me or characters with that name tend to be more despiseable than average?

*quarterfinals, other than that you're right.

Primeape's ability to win gold magnetically repels him from Ash.

The real reason is that nobody wants the anime to advance
They've been running on a tight formula for decades now, nobody wants to be the guy who says "Ok Ash won, come up with a new life for him outside of going somewhere, catching that region's pokemon, beating gym leaders and ultimately failing to win the Championship". They also probably don't want a new protagonist because the branding is too strong, is you lose Pikachu then you lose a significant source of revenue from merch

Literally correct
It's not like he tortured them, he just grounded them for 5 minutes and let them go after he picked the one he wanted. It's like buying a used car, you have to shop around before you find the one that's in the best condition

This is almost like one of those Pokemon Stadium little cup teams being put against a Prime cup team.

I dunno if the series remembers he's rich. Either that or he blew all his money cuz he just lives in a shitty apartment with his dumb cat.

He was probably still selecting his team when he got called out and abducted. He always left the sixth spot open and rotated it at the league, so Charizard was a constant presence on the team.

I mean hell, it's pretty merciful. Why drag around some under performer to get its ass kicked on a daily basis trying to polish a turd when you can let it be happy in its natural habitat and cultivate the best of the best?

I used to randomly think of episodes in the morning while at school and when I got home those respective episodes would be airing. It was neat.

The minor cups were the worst ones because of the level restrictions, I had to start a new file on my Blue version and make a team specifically for one of them and I still had a hell of a time of it.

Like this guy said, that's Takeshi Shudo. The second book still isn't fully translated and his writing style is horrible, but there are some interesting ideas in there.

Someone actually lost their job over this

Why does it have to be unique to be entertaining?
But anyways it's just a solid funny and entertaining manga with some heartwarming moments here and there.

Actually the initial premise is kinda unique with the 2 protagonists being forced to date each-other to stop a war between their 2 Mafia families so they're essentially in a fake relationship.

I can also say this:
The art is great.
The girls are some of the more likeable I've seen.
It focuses more on the humour and the character than fanservice.
Tons of memorable minor characters.
Chitoge's a tsundere done right since she gradually gets better over time and she admits her own mistakes.
It has a lot of heartwarming moments.
It's not really that overdramatic compared to other romance manga I've read.

I wrote all this but I feel like you can't really get a good grasp on it from this unless you read it yourself.
It's not the best thing ever or anything but it's far from the worst like some people make it out to be.

This happens with almost every damn harem where a lot of people just bash them all the time because they always get pissed their girl didn't win.
If you don't take them too seriously the genre is pretty inoffensive and sometimes can be quite entertaining.

>Uses Satoshi
>Uses Charizard
If you're gonna be a weeb go all the way and call him Lizardon.

those were the easiest if you knew what you were doing. Like trading "illegal" low level pokemon from GSC back to compete in Stadium 1

Who was fired?

I liked Kingler alot as a kid because my family and I would often go fishing and crabbing. The crabs bubble and fight with their claws, which was cool to me.

The days before school(when I was like 4-5 years old) watching gen 1 on German TV were the comfiest for me.

Some user was watching it live, his boss fired him for watching it on the job, but he wanted to see Ash win.

>fired
Satan you cheeky motherfucker

You too? Damn.

>Why does it have to be unique to be entertaining?
Because harems are shit

>lvl 5 Scyther perfectly legal in little cup despite having BST way above any of the unevolved shitmons

Attached: fun things.jpg (550x400, 35K)

I don’t think you understand, the various game protagonists are actual prodigies at training Pokémon, this is brung up by characters throughout the series. To put it in game terms, the Pokémon you raise simply get a fuck ton more experience points when battling than they do in the wild or with other trainers.

Kek, dumb Ashfag.

They tried to frame as some evil careless fuck, but the games have you puppy mill and incest breed pokemon for 16 generations straight making grand daughters fuck daddy ditto and so on. Paul was the right.

I always thought Tobias had all legendaries.

>Pikachu
>Sceptile
>Charizard
>Greninja
>Infernape
>Krookodile/Snorlax

Heracross jobbed to Darkrai so he isn't top tier material anymore

You can't job to a fucking legendary

Krookodile and Snorlax are way better choices anyway

>Because harems are shit
Nice hot take you got there retard.

>ywn have a braixen to fuck into next week