How the fuck did he lose?

How the fuck did he lose?

Attached: 1551099965581.jpg (1245x700, 68K)

Other urls found in this thread:

gwern.net/Death-Note-Anonymity
youtube.com/watch?v=v9HSJLDgFgg
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>weebs are so dumb they can't even pick the right board to shitpost in

By being video games

He didn't do everything himself

Nemesis
Formerly Hubris

Falling for L's obvious bait with the Lind L Taylor thing fucked him from the start. It set everything in motion. If he didn't have moments of absolute retardation, he would have succeeded easily.

Attached: 1521142585810.png (627x119, 25K)

all he needed to do was not show off and then it got really stupid really fast especially when Nier cameinto the picture but I'll be FUCKEd if the music isn't really god especially that first OP. I will always love it for that reason alone goddamn i love coffeee and alochol
good shit

Attached: thumbs.png (583x720, 273K)

You would’ve fell for it too retard

Mia. Mia was just added because he had written him too clever.

I'm not a supergenius like Light was supposed to be, retard. He starts pulling some crazy keikakus immediately after this, but falls for the easiest bait possible. "Oh, I'm the best detective ever, and I've never shown my face or given my name, here's my name and face just for your convenience!"

What a shitty fucking show
If you enjoy this you’re actually retarded, I’m glad it got popular, let’s me know what people should be avoided

To boot, L didn't know SHIT about him. Lind wasn't even Light being cocky, it was him being a little bitch.
He caved to the taunting and showed his hand. Had he let Tailor blab and go away, the actual L would have never known his area nor that he had a magic bullshit notebook that kills randoms.

Light is at his most dangerous when fully aware of his limits, which is why his craziest keikakus happened when he mindwiped himself.

>Ughuuuuuuuu
Please go be retarded else where

M is fucking bullshit
>watch tape of bunch of peoples
>point out Light underling
bull fucking shit

he ultimately was a childish, immature, egocentric faggot, being clever and rusemaster doesn't replace being smart, and having a good grasp on the world around you and the best ways to change it.

Also he faced actually intelligent people and made a lot of dumb mistakes.

I for some reason can't even remember why he lost. How the fuck do you even get caught with perfect fantasy weapon nobody knows about?
Say nothing,show nothing, write things down in the note. Nobody would ever catch you.

he fell for bait a few times, and then that dumb bitch got involved who ended up with a book, and eventually the other characters just put one and one together about having some sort of power or something that could kill people, and it just evolved from there

>get the power to instakill everything
>brag about it like you got a 10 inch dick
>get fucked
He a dumbass kid

Attached: 1464239795846.webm (1280x720, 2.98M)

Because he couldn't be happy JUST having complete control over life and death. He had to go and try and make some dumb statement and try to play god.

Misa and Higuchi revealed the notebook thing.

Light got fucked at the very beginning by the Lind L. Tailor bait, and by being cocky and basically revealing he was a student and had connections to the police

yeah he is dumb as fuck
just live a normal life, kill a bunch of criminal/corrupted politican faggot thrice a week, noone cant detec you really.
About the name, its every fucking where

Why would he be happy? Using the notebook means your soul is forfeit. Nobody in their right mind would ever use it if they weren't insane.

He showed things (re: Lind), but also a lot of plot bullshit and autism wars that he ultimately was not autistic enough to win.

Second season never happened it was just too retarded. Author had to pull absolute out of character bull to make light fail because it was no longer interesting after L.

Not a game.

Reported.

The faggot Giovanni or whatever perfectly copying Death Note in one night was such a ridiculous asspull. Should've called it quits when L ripped, everything with Mello and Near was fucking awful.

killing corrupt official is a fallacy, it will make things only worse for any country, that's just a sad state of humanity
I get the thing about criminals though. If law can't be avoided - fear will keep criminals at bay.

If you had lights power, what game Dev would you kill first?

Attached: 1550951548108.jpg (400x445, 99K)

>your soul is forfeit
there are no souls in DN
there's no afterlife either

Because his ego got in the way. He is retarded for taking the bait but you have to keep in mind this kid had a serious god complex.

deathnote was shit, and was created for edgy emo teens

>How the fuck did he lose?
by assuming a lesser being could follow his plan
so by trusting others

Literally lost because he was a hypocrite. If he followed his supposed codex of killing criminals, he'd never have killed the fake L and L wouldn't have ever found him in time. Light was just a smart, empowered chuuni.

He fell for a bunch of obvious traps early on that narrowed it down significantly to just him, then had to square off against a man so autistic he can't even sit in a chair properly. He basically gave himself away at the very beginning and had to spend the the whole series playing from the back foot and having to come up with increasingly convoluted schemes to maintain his image until it all bit him in the ass.

Jump Force.

Everyone at Tencent, followed by the rest of the population of China.

Even if he hadn't fallen for the Lind bait, they were already localizing him. Ultimately, they would have found him, it just would have taken longer. In order to win, Light needed to not be a child who used his father's connections and his own narrow scope of the world. Even if Misa wasn't a thing, even if he'd not shown his hand from the start, it was just a war of attrition. Near would've shown up eventually and ruined everyone's shit anyhow.

He went on Yea Forums by mistake and they doxxed him

Good luck writing the name of 1 billion chinks down, assuming the DN doesn't run out of space.

Oh, but American politics, warhammer 40k lore, shitty webcomics or armpits threads on Yea Forums are ok, eh?
Hypocrite

Interesting thing though, how would you even judge him by law? "he kills by writing things in a book", won't fly in any decent court, they'd have to make up laws just for him and keep him in prison on fake charges
whole thing was so damn silly

>Yea Forums discusses Death Note much better than Yea Forums
what a shocker

AMATERASU

Attached: nani.jpg (251x201, 5K)

Jeff Kaplan and the rest of the progressives running the Blizzard Dev teams. Then continue for all companies.

he posted on the wrong board

You mean apart from telling everyone he met that he was Kira?

Attached: 1ecdbe97c31f07378a7e40c74f21ab08.jpg (2048x1024, 161K)

I meant more in terms of satisfaction. Light obviously had no regard for souls or anything like that, he just wanted power. And he had it, nobody would have ever caught him if he'd been subtle and judicious with the use of the Death Note. But he immediately went crazy and wrote a hundred names in it while painting a target on himself because he couldn't help but brag about it.

DN supposedly has infinite pages, no?

that's why they just hunted him down and made him disappear spook style rather than have a jury

the only thing Yea Forums is good at is lore and weapon/armor threads

>that kid in middle school who carried a death note with him and would write people's names during class

Uh, no? Murder just comes in different degrees. Japan doesn't even do that and just locks you away forever unless you have contacts in the mafia.

I disagree. Corrupt governments are just another form of organized crime, kill enough of their frontmen or even better, dig up and eliminate the ones behind the curtain and they will cut their losses and bail, one by one. This will not help things but will likely leave only the incompetent, stubborn or patsies.

It's still murder.

It just 'makes' more if it starts running out of them.

but that makes them no better than him. "oh let's catch the criminal he is against the law, but also let's break all imaginable laws!"
there is either is judicial system or not, middle ground doesn't exist as many failed states can prove.

>wasted potential characters

Attached: main-qimg-35b093f84b7130cfcd345812af26b0ec.jpg (584x329, 41K)

>Animetard

In the manga, Light stays awake all night after killing his first person and asks himself how he can live with the guilt. He gets over it, but you can tell he's lost something. His humanity is stripped of him after using the notebook. Same with Misa and the rest.

>have magic weapon that is impossible to trace or even comprehend
>still get caught

Yea Forums discussed it to death already. Any anime/manga generally agreed to be good by Yea Forums never gets discussion a year past completion.

I honestly thought she would come back, even into the post L stuff

That's just legal execution, nigga.

What ever you do, do not fucking watch the live action one on Netflix. Watched it out of curiosity and already got scarred for life

Attached: 1498707131717.png (369x300, 12K)

She was attractive...thats it. Not much more you can do there jackass.

She was smart. She was the closest to busting Light before L and the only one who solved the Penbar question. If people hadn't written off her suicide they would've gotten Light right there and then.

Light Yagami? I'm Goku

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 205K)

NNNOOOOOOOO

Why did you move the thread here? Yea Forums isn't a good place to discuss good anime
Now the moe addicts will ruin this thread

He lost on purpose, rather if he wanted to win he had multiple moments that would have secured his victory. His ego couldn't allow someone like L to challenge him, he fell for obvious bait and then did so much shit to bring him closer to L so he could kill him. Outside of completely shutting off the power to a country for like a year, no one could tell if Kira was even there.

>His humanity is stripped of him after using the notebook
that's just the effect of directly killing someone, nothing mystical or specific to the death note about it

That's not how it works user. Either it's magic or "general manga bullshit psuedoscience" and I'm going with magic.

He was losing to L in the first part but he pulled the mindwipe, plus he understimated Nier at the end.

>You don't get to bring death gods

*saves your shitty manga*

Attached: D071895C-53F6-4D47-8CF3-D314F9C38C46.png (1055x940, 566K)

Mikami.
Did you not watch the show?

More like ruins the whole second half.

Yeah, but you watch fags show like darlingxxx and toubun5 and actually liking it, faggot

None because killing is wrong and Light is evil.

Can someone remind me who the Lind dude was? Also did the OP imagine (is he Light?) ever try to kill L (the weird pale autistic dude) by righting his name in the book?

Lind was a body double for L made to trick Light into killing him so L could pinpoint Light's position, and Light didn't kill L, Rem did.

Oh yeah. I remember now. Deathnote was a good show. Fanbase is gay though.

That's foreshadowing. He gets killed over the same mistake; getting cocky and rushing into decisions amidst intense emotions and shit

Was this a Yea Forums thread? I swear I saw it on Yea Forums

Didn't Rem die immediately after killing L? She turned to stone or something? I always thought that was odd.

Brainlet

Shitty writing. Mello and Near's plan would have been derailed if Mikami had just kept little pieces of the notebook on him, like Light and Takada did. He'd never have needed to leave work and pick up the notebook when the kidnapping took place. The entire ending hinges on Light and co. forgetting one of the most basic tricks with the notebook in the series' endgame.

That's when I dropped the show, she apparently had the foresight not to give real names. She seemed like an intellectual rival to the main duo but then for some reason she gives out her name knowing the killer kills based on name. It just pissed me off too much, L should've got caught when he flexed on the one dude.

*after doing metric tons of practice with the first fake notebook and learning to replicate Mikami's handwriting to a T*

Attached: 1525086991919.png (907x718, 406K)

Everything is premised on L suspecting a pattern to the murders, which doesnt exist with magic.
Nobody can fucking guess a death note.

Whether the fake was convincing or not is irrelevant: Mikami was being manipulated by the real Death Note and any piece of paper would have convinced him.

massive if legitimate

Attached: 9250540_orig.png (637x359, 318K)

hol up its been awhile since i watched this shit but does L ever compare some of lights handwriting with the book when he gains possession of it?

How the fuck did they get away with that scheme? No matter how you look at it it's an ethical nightmare

The moment Rem killed L she did it out of an act of love to protect Misa. And love is what kills a Shinigami

That would be an extra stupid part on Light to give the notebook to other people without tearing apart and then burning the pages he originally used with autistic precision (they canonically regen).

Series had to end

That's the kind of people who get into these sorts of groups. You're used to the trash Japan was able to put out, didn't expect the full power of US intelligence agency's savants.

gwern.net/Death-Note-Anonymity

His RNG was leaking bits.

Attached: 1374876763744.png (500x502, 84K)

>people are inexplicably dying in impossible ways
>these people are mostly criminals
>mostly figures who were in media
>mostly in a specific country

You can deduce it's a conscious being with an immature mentality (only killing jailed criminals - so kid or young adult?), residing in Japan, requiring a face and name.

From there your close the noose.

After L's death, it was literally bad writing that got Light caught

I mean, LOOK AT THIS SHIT

youtube.com/watch?v=v9HSJLDgFgg

>unseen dictator murdering whoever he wants
>operating under the law makes stopping him impossible
>b-but you can't just kill him! You'd be just as bad!
Get fucked.

Overconfident and a massive asspull

Shut the fuck up, user.

Well in the manga Matsuda argues with another police from the taskforce that Mikami was a smart guy and him not notcing the note book is a fake and killing himself after going to jail is weird. So he suspects that maybe near used the original notebook and wrote down Mikami's name in it.

>She seemed like an intellectual rival to the main duo but then for some reason she gives out her name knowing the killer kills based on name.
That's what happens when a merely above average person enters a battle between supergeniuses. You talk about using an alias as if it's impressive; it's the bare minimum.

What was he planning, what was he about? Also, Near a shit.

Attached: chocolate L.jpg (1280x720, 53K)

But he has a point, if a judge won't accept the evidence then there is no case. Seeing how the death note was the only evidence and if a judge won't accept it then there is no trial.

That makes a lot more sense than what was presented on the surface.
Now I just need to make sense of and my autism will be appeased.

gigantic if accurate

Attached: smug bitch.jpg (400x350, 31K)

And neither board can explain what was up with Misa's final scene in the anime.
The series makes a point that the death note corrupts people, you can see this in Light's eye when he has the death note and when he loses it.

>Now I just need to make sense of and my autism will be appeased.

Literally read the mango, it goes over ALL the unfiltered deduction needed to come at that conclusion. This is also without even considering the fact Mikami wanted to be caught.

Did you guys not read the last chapter or what?

brain not big enough

>Near says he didn't
>that means he didn't

Attached: smug.png (307x315, 195K)

colossal if certain

Attached: large.jpg (500x354, 85K)

I read the posts as
>This is the first time we hear of this

>L with slighly different autistic quirks
Who the fuck thought this was a good idea?

DN is supposed to have endless papers and somehow the note doesn't have any prominent thickness. So if Govanni really replicated the whole note then it should have significant thickness. Either he only copied last 100 papers or so and Mikami didn't notice or he was under the influence of DN so he didn't have the mind to figure out the fake.

The idea of Mello and Near were fine, it was just piss poorly executed. Especially Near just figuring shit out for no fucking reason. If it had been better written, then the idea of L's two greatest successors taking down Kira together when he couldn't is pretty kino.

>Light is a supergenius
Fuck that. You're making it sound like what he did to her was some super genius move. He just piled up lies until she gave her his name and that's all he needed. He even got lucky snow magically started to fall.

Attached: 0I0A.jpg (728x1062, 140K)

The same people who published the manga you didn't read, faggotino.

The main problem was making Mello irrelevant and Near just a L 2.0.

It should have been mello.

He fucked up right at the beginning, by killing some local smuck.
He should just have tried it on someone on live tv.

It's amazing how some people cannot wrap their heads around the story when even the characters spell it out to you.

Yeah, they succeded because Mello killed himself to make Mikami panic and ruin Light's plan while Near baited Light with a fake death note.

Near still did most of the job to capture Light and he was still a garbage character while Light fails due to his own incompetent lackey rather than due to ego or his own fuck-ups.

If Light wasn't so damn confident in the warehouse he wouldv'e realized that someone as smart as Near wouldn't have spelled his plan out while Light still had some chance of changing the outcome. As soon as Near told him his fake plan, he should've realized it's a fake and start planning an escape. Instead he freaks out and gets himself killed.

>he was still a garbage character

Imagine actually believing this.

Attached: 006.jpg (1066x1600, 351K)

Mello didn't kill himself, that woman he was kidnapping killed him.

He knew it was going to happen, because it helped with something. Still not sure how it helped.