What are your thoughts on Psycho-Passu?

What are your thoughts on Psycho-Passu?

Attached: IMG_5367.jpg (512x288, 38K)

Season 1 good, S2 mixed, movie ok assuming Kogami gets back into Sibyl land, otherwise pointless.
VN pretty ok.

CAUSE I FEEEEEEEL

> Welcome to Sybil. using this insane system of brain jars, we have managed to build up a perfect dystopia except for all the blatant flaws and contradictions
> That sounds awful, but I guess brain jars are smarter than me. Better leave it to the experts.

Truly subarashii.

Attached: 1541254995235.png (350x344, 123K)

>except for all the blatant flaws and contradictions
They weren't really blatant.
Besides the people who lost the will to live the society was in pretty good shape considering it was recovering from big devastating war.

Another Butchered ending.

> not blatant
Stop Stockholm watching, Akane. The whole first season was spent exploring the clear and present flaws of Sybil.

Only focus on those, and not on the millions of people living in relative prosperity in high-tech society makes you post that.
Once they fix the vegetables they're golden.
You can only have so many edgy mass murdering special snowflakes before the system adapts.

>we've built a perfect system for recognizing criminals before they commit crimes
>but if anyone actually commits a crime it's actually more useless than current day police
It's fucking stupid how passive the civilian population was in general when awful shit was happening. It doesn't matter if an area is 'crime free', you still have accidents and fires and shit happening that you need to call the police for. And do people just not watch or play violent movies/video games anymore? It's completely retarded.

> relative prosperity
Except there are no less than 3 complete story arcs about the average person being absolutely terrified of their world because they could be locked up and sedated at any time for thought crimes.

SPOOKY

Comedy of the year when it aired. It was fun to watch it with Yea Forums.

Except the system needs those edgy murderers to work, since the sybil system is made of them.
So they're stuck with a system that guarantees the presence of violent murderers without the police being able to actually do anything about them.

They should make a second season of it

You exaggerate too much.
Not every CA person = genius mass murderer and you can bet your ass special snowflakes like Makishima or Frankenstein-kun with 8 dominators that could actually affect more than a handful of people are close to non existent.

Puzzleman caused the police to murder a whole clinic full of innocent people, and causes people all around the internet to murder a whole military research base. He has a higher kill count that any ISIS member in a western country.
Makishima was about to poison the whole country's mean of food production, which would have killed thousands if not millions. And he was only stopped because of Kougami, who would have normally been eliminated by the sybil system if it was not for Tsunemori.

And people like Tsunemori don't appear as often as people like Puzzleman or Makishima.

Would make a good Netflix live action

They should've fucked

Kogami might fuck the blond chick in the 3rd movie

Attached: 0000010.png (1280x720, 517K)

>Psycho pass is an anime that would be discussed ten years from now
Was he right?

>Those lips
Muh

Its just a rip-off of Minority Report.

Good but overrated. Good protagonist and a great villain, very good visuals and music, and a generally solid story.
It kind of has the reverse problem of Stand Alone Complex. Whereas SAC's main plot became kind of muddled and hard to get invested in due to the volume of standalone episodes (which were good, don't get me wrong), Psycho Pass could have used a few standalone episodes to help develop the cast and to see more of the city.

I should probably mention that I'm referring solely to the first season. I never actually watched S2.

The episodes before Makishima appeared were kind of standalone episodes though I would have liked to see more of them and have some of them expressing the good parts of the system (we only really have Akane's friends for that) .However I never really felt standalone episodes affected my enjoyment of SAC's main plot even at the beginning of the first season when they were'nt that good.

Angry Chicken was their typical shooter game, they don't have realistic violence in their life.

It's a Ghost in the Shell wannabe and also the most pretentious show I can think of.

The series is really impressive on the production side of things but its core conceit doesn't make any sense at all. The sibyl system is incompatible with any conception of justice and more importantly it just doesn't work. Trying to implement the system would immediately end in disaster. And the idea that a society can exist within that system for any prolonged period of time is moronic.
The show tries to make some pseudo philosophical statements about human behaviour and human societies but it totally lacks an understanding of how humans actually behave so all that preaching ends up as pretentious drivel. But the worst thing about the shows is that it constantly presents itself as if it's this intellectual mammoth of a show. When in reality you'd have to have an IQ in the lower double digits to not see the obvious flaws.

basically this

meant this

Ok S1 , average S2, great threads.

Attached: 1411241714152.jpg (2000x1075, 1.34M)