Best way to experience Gundam UC?

I've seen some Gundam here and there over the years (Wing, 8th MS Team, etc) but never really gave it much time and energy. Recently I've gotten more into political mecha shows, and so have the desire to watch the original Gundam timeline (UC, right?) Should I bother to watch all the original shows, or should I watch the recap movies instead and save time?

Attached: gundamu.jpg (433x600, 111K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=CoplnxPv-J0
youtube.com/watch?v=1l8zX6AGJeI
youtu.be/KQMz7YHPIiI
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>should I watch the recap films
Are you a dumb nigger? Why would you watch an abbreviated version.

Just watch the franchise in release order. What a retarded thread you fucking idiot.

>gaydamshitter being this mad

Wing, Iron Blooded Orphans and Seed are reboots and aren't related at all to the original UC shows so you can jump into them however you want.
But if you want the UC timeline then watch the 0079 movies, and if you liked it then you can watch the spinoff ova's like 8th MS Team, War in Pocket, Thunderbolt and finally Stardust Memory in that order before jumping into Zeta and Char's counterattack. ZZeta is optional and should be considered only if you want to know what happens to Kamile and after the end of Zeta.
After you've done these things you're good to watch the more modern shows like Unicorn, The Origin movies and Narrative when it comes out in may. Then if you want more you can check out F91 and Victory since they take place near the end of the UC timeline.

What a comprehensive list of terrible advice.

OP, when it comes to UC Gundam, it's less about what you start with and more what you don't want to start with. Don't start with Char's Counterattack, ZZ, or Origins. Otherwise, start where ever, and if you enjoyed it or intrigued, watch everything else in production order.

>don't start with Origins
>even though it's a prequel to the entire series

Attached: 1498611138553.png (339x288, 151K)

start with 0079, duh.
see

fucking dumbass. the origins are even canon, retard!

Attached: 1500138191910.jpg (640x400, 65K)

Whatever you do, don't watch the Zeta compilation movies. Also stick to release order.
Yes, it relies on you knowing who everyone is and why they're important.

>don't watch the Zeta compilation movies
t. ZZfag

nigga they're filled with useless fujobait that wasn't in the original
they're cancer

you're right, they are canon

Can I just watch the UC timeline in release order, or do I have to watch the whole franchise in release order?

just the UC timeline

Adding to this
Ideally I want to watch UC timeline in release order, then afterwords watch the other timelines each in their respective release orders.

Watch everything before and including Turn A in release order. The rest you can watch whenever you want.

Watch 079, Zeta, ZZ and CCA.
Those are the original grilogy with the movie that capped it off.
After that you can just watch whatever catcges your eyes.

Attached: WavyLawfulDegu-size_restricted.gif (500x362, 2.97M)

>recommending zeta and double zeta
>ever

This. Most of the other series refer back to these four in some way or another, if at all. Anything after that is rarely a pre-requisite to other shows outside of occasional winks to the audience, unless it's a direct sequel.

Attached: Autistic girl beating up a wounded veteran.gif (213x160, 1.81M)

You say that even though it's always a bad idea to watch "prequels" first?

Here's the order that makes the most sense
>0079
>OYW side stories in any order (8th ms, 0080, Igloo, Thunderbolt, Origin)
>Zeta
>Stardust Memories
>ZZ
>CCA
>Unicorn
>Evolve
>Twilight Axis
>Narrative
>F91
>Victory
>Turn A

Just watch in order of release, it's not complicated.

Fuck off you retard. Zeta is one of the best series in UC.
Double Zeta is kind of a joke, but still worthwhile to watch.
End your existence.

Just download the Gundam Series packs off Nyaa and watch them by release order, everything up to G Gundam has been conveniently packed into 2 torrents. As someone who has watched everything in all honesty most of it was a waste of time but the sprinkling of parts there were good, were very good. Your mileage will vary.

>no G-Saviour

Why do you even live?

Production order you retard.

Reminder that release order is the only objectively right way to watch UC, you'll be so spoiled by the production quality of the later TV series and OVAs that the earlier shows will not hold up and be much harder to appreciate.

Start with Unicorn and work your way backwards. Ignore releaseorderfags they don't know what they are talking about.

Release order like everyone else is saying, at least until CCA. DO NOT watch the 0079 recap movies at least until you've seen the series. I'd suggest not watching them at all, but at the very least they're inferior to the show. Contrary to their labels, Turn A and G-Reco are mostly UC shows. Turn A has some other stuff in it too but it mostly calls back to UC.

Reminder that Igloo is the second best UC OVA only beaten by 0080.

Turn A doesn't even call back that much, in all fairness.

I don't recommend watching 0080 until after Zeta, and Stardust Memories is stupid and should not be watched for anything other than the designs and animation.

This user knows what's up, OP

>0080 after Zeta
Why its got nothing to do with Zeta.

Don't be sad, in a few years there will be an even bigger war, with even cooler mobile suits!
This line is a lot more horrifying after seeing Zeta.

only Zeta, 8th and 0080 are worth watching. you'll want to see 0079 before them though so just watch the recap movies.

08th MS Team is the single worst UC Gundam entry and it being included in any must-watch list immediately makes your opinion worthless.

Bad advice

Saw Igloo last week and it is extremely underrated due to the CG. Secret Weapons of OYW is a really cool concept and they really pulled it off well if you can get past the uncanny valley.

I know right? It's basically a UC wunderwaffe documentary and has probably the most sympathetic portrayal of the Zeon everyman after 0080 and 0079. The episode with hitlerjugend in the Oggos was some rough shit.
Igloo 2 is slightly weaker due to the whole weird DEATH GOD nonsense, but it's still good.
Also the hilarious part of the CG is how it perfectly gets MS movement down, it feels weighty and impactful. A far cry from the floaty weightless CGI of The Origin.

Attached: Mobile Suit Gundam MS IGLOO - The Hidden One Year War - 03 (BD 720p) (OZC) (NakamaSub).mkv_snapshot_ (1280x720, 1.08M)

>should not be watched for anything other than the designs and animation.
Don't forget those banger OPs and EDs.
youtube.com/watch?v=CoplnxPv-J0
youtube.com/watch?v=1l8zX6AGJeI

/thread

Always production order.

Watch the 079 Movie Trilogy, Then Zeta, then watch this instead of ZZ
youtu.be/KQMz7YHPIiI
Then watch CCA, and then Unicorn. You can watch the sidestories whenever you want, though they all take place chronologically after 079

MSG > Zeta > ZZ > CCA > F91 > Victory > Turn A.

Then watch 0080 > 8th MS team > 0083 > unicorn

>Movie trilogy instead of the series
NO

It's what I did. He can always go back and rewatch the series later. 079 hasn't aged that well animation wise, so the series itself isn't a good place to start in my opinion

But the characters and story is a lot better in the series. You miss out on some detail by skipping the series, like the fate of M'Quve

If you don't want to watch old, long TV series, don't watch gundam.