What do these all have in common?

What do these all have in common?

Attached: BNZLNn4.jpg (2200x3400, 1.46M)

they're all in that picture

They are animated and made by japs, some are rather obscure, nothing much else.

How does cat soup fit in this mess?

An odd mix of actual hidden gems, quality popular stuff, stuff that's more different than good, and absolute garbage

fpbp

>Only Yesterday
>not Ocean Waves, the actual hidden Ghibli gem
Where can I find the Hijikata Toshizou OVA though? Nyaa and youtube only have it with spic subs.

Hora de aprender espaƱol.

They were all rightfully forgotten because they all have mediocre directing, animation, shot composition and and/or writing

/r/hipsteranime loves them.

You can find almost all of them on youtube

Non hack writers

Go back.

>Only Yesterday
I watched it recently and my god what a fucking exhausting movie to watch, felt like 5 hours or something and when almost literally anything happens the main girl is all like "OH YEAH, that TOTALLY makes my remember this thing from my childhood!" and she proceeds to tell a long winded story about periods or her dad not letting her act in a play or whatever the fuck else, the plot elements aren't terrible, and could've been a trampoline topic in a much better film but here they're all just vomited out without rhyme or reason by this woman who's apparently completely obsessed with her childhood, and I know that's sorta the point with the whole "I should've left 10 year old me at home" and the weird ending scene but it still doesn't make the movie good or interesting, it's just this completely boring ass "journey" that barely takes a single step in any direction

Also just as an aside here, she says she's 27 and there are plenty of relatively young characters as well but the animation is just so exaggerated on their facial features, especially the little bends on your skin when you smile or whatever that make them look like a bunch of old people in they're 60's or something, I mean my mother is almost 60, she was born back in 1964 and she still doesn't really look like that at all, and with younger people it's also much more "smoother" too, it just looks so weird and uncanny valley like, I don't know they they thought it was a good idea to animate shit like that

>They were all rightfully forgotten
No, many of them are very highly regarded. How new are you?
>Gosenzo-sama is mediocre in any way
Stop talking out your ass.

It's not for teenagers like yourself. Back to DBZ with you.

Oh real nice explanation and projection there pal, I consider it a 10/10 now, thanks! A little free tip for future reference though, just because you're obsessed with your childhood, "golden years" or whatever else you wanna call it doesn't mean every 27 year old is too, in fact some may even call that low hanging fruit for fags like you but it certainly works I guess considering your reaction to me even daring to criticize your precious film, try something a little healthier and move on with your life user, you can't change the past so stop being autistic over it

> Soul Taker

Eh, I mean visually it's very pretty but I wouldn't really call the whole package a 'hidden gem', same with a few other things in this image.

Attached: 724152152152.png (415x380, 364K)

I like Only Yesterday as nice quiet look at a likeable character reminiscing about he childhood and figuring out what's important to her now. Very atmospheric, and I can appreciate spending the time seeing how the MC is fleshed out by these flashbacks. It's not for everyone, definitely in part because there isn't really much of a goal/straight plot line to speak of, but IMO the characters and the setting were really well done and generally it's a calming nostalgic movie to watch.

Totally agree with the weird stylization choices on the people though, I imagine it was done to maybe give them a more realistic/cozy feel, but the effect compared to how most of the characters normally look is very jarring sometimes.

I guess the fact that i havent heard about any of them?

Attached: gentlemen.jpg (600x600, 43K)

I think this is the chart that actually got me into anime

That they're bad but you're trying to pretend they're good?

>What do these all have in common?
They are good anime that teenagers will never understand.

since when are Angel's Egg, Memories and Cencoroll "hidden"