I'm rereading the Akira manga, this time the westernized color version that Otomo oversaw...

I'm rereading the Akira manga, this time the westernized color version that Otomo oversaw. The dialogue is different in some places but the color is cool.

Looking back what does Yea Forums think of the manga specifically? Which characters did you like most that didn't get fleshed out in the movie? (pls keep movie talk to a minimum)

Attached: AKIRA chapter 24.jpg (600x916, 143K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=WvujghrxhcY
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

endlessly boring shit

no buli

postapocalyptic ruins are comfy

I enjoyed the manga a lot, but I sorely missed the music. youtube.com/watch?v=WvujghrxhcY

reading the manga while listening to the OST is patrician

i heard the OST in my head while reading even when it wasn't actually playing

If you want to talk more, why don't you say some shit yourself? I don't have vivid memories of it right now, but if you talked about what you like I can properly respond

The colored version was how I first read it. It's a nice job until the switch to digital, too, which was unfortunate.

It's been a while so I mostly remember the climax of the story and the sensation of the action and pacing getting crazier and crazier but it never wore me down. And I liked that Kei got more focus.

Attached: otomo color guide.jpg (554x800, 437K)

i don't remember shit either heh, i haven't reread it before since years ago and im only on chapter 2 or 3 right now

i didn't realize how Kay took to Kaneda almost instantly though, that's 1 thing that's struck me

also in general Kaneda seems like a dick, much more so than in the movie

all the framing he uses with the gang make them seem so perfectly caught up this larger than life plot, just regular bikers trying to do their thing until shit gets wild

The amount of detail on the spreads is also insane. You don't spend a long time lingering on them once the story hooks you, but the detail is consistent.

yeah they're tremendous, i had to force myself to go back and take my time on the spreads while reading the first time, really a treat particularly towards the end with all the dilapidated skyscrapers everywhere and stuff

Thanks for this.

I never saw the colour version, I bought the B&W french versions back when they came out because they were significantly cheaper at that point than paying Canadian markup on English releases. I should dig them out of storage next weekend.

I remeber Yea Forums storytime, I really enjoyed the colored version.

fuck i love akira man

Attached: 2019-02-25_02-21-54.png (381x213, 213K)

Attached: 2019-02-25_02-26-18.png (243x260, 166K)

Attached: 2019-02-24_20-46-56.png (730x214, 332K)

All these little moments got lost in translation with the movie. Just not enough time to flesh out all the characters.

I wonder what a full cour or two would be like for Akira, if they could've done it over again.

Attached: cutekira.jpg (671x1047, 216K)

Which studio you would like if it was planned to be remade again.

It doesn't matter, as long as Katsuhiro is in charge again I have absolute faith in the project.

>tfw lent volume one of Akira to my cousins and never got it back

Attached: Akira-2[1].jpg (1920x1080, 323K)