Memes & shilling aside

How good is it compared to the manga?

Attached: Alita-Battle-Angel-Movie-vs.-Manga.jpg (1710x900, 124K)

Other urls found in this thread:

geekculture.co/alitas-manga-creator-loves-the-movie-and-has-already-watched-it-five-times/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

No ones read it

a direct piss in the face of everything that the manga is supposed to be. They adapted the OAV. And even then they hated it so hard they didn't bothered giving it its real name.

Manga is basically a shitty shonen that aged very badly.

The motorball scenes were fucking fantastic though.

Movie is so much better imo.

>read manga
>watch movie
>form your own opinion
Foreign concept I know, but give it a try.

I just wanted to read others opinion about it. Already seen it btw. These guys are absolutely right

Fantastic is the word

It's a pretty poor adaption that almost only covers material that's already been adapted 25 years ago in an OVA adapts it worse than that while including the same inclusions that said OVA had so it's almost like an adaption of the OVA but with plenty of manga references. The tone is pretty damn off too.

The film was "okay", but the manga is excellent and it just wasn't a great adaption.

It was well done, but the context of it being included was somewhere between bad and mediocre.

I liked the movie but the love interest seemed like it was thrown in and then immediately discarded

OVAs are shit

You should go see it for yourself user!

I can't get over her huge bug eyes.

They're cute

I got used to it after seeing it in motion for a few minutes.

>Complains about oversized cartoony eyes
>Watches anime

the manga wasn't good in the first place

love intrest?
alita?

let me guess
>american hollywood
was he a nigerling?

No, some loser who jacked robot parts from people and betrayed Alita just to be like I never killed anyone and would never hurt you because I love you and then he just dies.

the creator of alita called it the greatest movie ever made. Anons are the only one hating this film because they can't enjoy something that is also mainstream:

geekculture.co/alitas-manga-creator-loves-the-movie-and-has-already-watched-it-five-times/

I think it's partly this universal bias over anything CG or 3D. CGI is easier to use for animation and usually looks worse than handdrawn and it's for that reason why any user here who sees CG will immediately start posting handdrawn scenes from movies and never admit that any CG looks better than handdrawn in nay way.

I think he meant seeing them in a movie where most people have normal sized eyes and the fact that it's live action instead of looking 2d animated makes it weird too.

It has all the usual trappings of Hollywood. Substanceless action scenes, lack of world building, canned lines that are made to look good in a trailer, forced romance, etc.

other than the romance, the plot was pretty solid for an action movie.

On a scale of 1 to Flan it's a solid 5

Attached: 57h.jpg (225x350, 56K)

Kishiro made LO and MC, his opinion on his own works hasn't been valid in a long fucking time.

3/10, awful

There are people who actually watched this shit?

Obviously worse than manga.
Better than your average minority empowering capeshit these days.

Also not anime.