Anime lost at the Oscars again

>anime lost at the Oscars again

Why does no one take anime seriously?

Attached: 1537831859471.jpg (1080x804, 161K)

It was the most mediocre anime film in a long time.
Regarding your cuestion, you have to compete against the Big 6 marketing powerhouse.

>caring about the Oscars

You are asking the wrong question. It should be either "Who did the winner bribe?" And "What Agenda can be promoted with its ein?"

I'm happy we even got a nomination, but there was no way it would actually win, both Spiderverse and Isle of Dogs were way better and from the US

>respecting anime at the oscars
lol

Attached: 1548172336660.jpg (753x432, 137K)

Anime doesn't take itself seriously.

>expecting your AMV shit to actually win.
it's the odd one out, japan has to realize that their old ways won't work.

>Boss Baby
Why does anyone take the Oscars seriously?

Attached: 1461645320029.jpg (382x346, 36K)

>capeshit wins at the oscars instead
>critics recommending for best animated

Yes I am fucking angry

>western entertainment awards ceremony
Wow, I totally care what they think about when they endlessly praise capeshit and cheesy action flicks who think saying the word "fuck" every five seconds is good writing

I'll draw your feet just stop posting her already

Seething weeb

Attached: 1442013527830.png (633x758, 29K)

But are you prepared for the influx of normies hopping on the bandwagon in the event it does get taken seriously?
>unironic shipping
>dubs > subs
>more ethnically diverse
>sjw monopolization of the genre

Spirited Away won the Oscar and nothing of that shit happened.

user, that happened already after Spirited Away came out

Why should I care about what normalfags think?

>saying the word "fuck" every five seconds
Every popular western movie and television show does this, what gives? Are the viewers that mentally handicapped?

Award shows are and always have been studio execs giving awards to their friends. They exist only to give publicity to the winners. Disregard it like the ad it is.

Do you guys actually watch the oscars? I hope not.

>the Digimon director made the first non-Ghibli anime movie at the Oscars
>not Shinkai
>not Yuasa
>not Kon
How did Hosoda do it?

Attached: D323F5EA-3D72-4292-9F30-B4213A5BD826.png (287x556, 324K)

Cartoons literally are 5yo kid entertainment, no one older than that should ever touch them. None of the judges watched those and not knowing what kind of content it had, they also didn't risk voting.

>mirai
>not lu over the wall
Here's you answer

As opposed to our superior medium dominated by protags in their preteens and cool anime boobies!!! I sure fucking love anime boobies god damn!!

I sure love saying fuck every five seconds
trash

Most current movies avoid harsh language for muh PG-13.

GKIDS contacts.

I haven't been to a movie theater in over ten years. I haven't even rented a DVD or bluray. I don't even know what's popular anymore. Do you guys still watch this crap?

It’s edgy for shows like those on HBO to do this because the FCC doesn’t allow it on network television. AMC and HBO exploit the loophole because they’re not bound to those rules. The taboo naughtiness is part of the appeal. Same with movies - you can class a movie as having a more mature rating with more swearing. That seals it as a movie for “mature audiences” which makes it an appealing forbidden fruit to teenagers and titillates more sheltered adults who have to put on an innocent face at work and home.

Imagine being this much of an introverted weeb.

Cable channels can say "fuck" as well. They don't do it because of advertisers.

wow watching television is so extroverted

Wow I’m being sarcastic and moody online in a way that isn’t good bait or trolling and doesn’t even amuse myself

wow I watched another ironman movie I sure am the authority on entertainment

What is the "Oscars?" Oh, the western film industry? Off-topic.

Ironic weebs destroyed this board. Nothing is left. Nothing

I honestly can't stand how arrogant award shows like this are. I know that the creators of Western animation are more intelligent and knowledgeable than what is appeared, but the bosses and award shows do their very best to obscure this fact. Doesn't it bother anyone else how badly the academy treats Japanese animation? Disney was almost bankrupt before their "renaissance" which was primarily kickstarted by Japanese preserving the tradition during the so-called dark age of animation.

>butthurt about lossing to spooder man

PG-13 movies are allowed to say one fuck

I have never seen the Oscars in my life. Movie preferences are highly subjective. Popularity contests only rot your brain. I'm the source

look on the bright side at least Disney didn't win again

Anime is barely shown in American Theaters, and there only event's for a niche audience.

choose your poison
swearing all the time or 4 year olds with giant watermalons on their chest shoving them into the camera every 2 seconds

>muh superhero movies
I should just learn japanese already so I can escape this shithole website

watch more anime, normalfag

kys otaku

kys faggot

watch more movies then nigger

You honestly expected a foreign film to anything at an American awards event?

Why are you trying to shill western film on Yea Forums - Anime & Manga?

What's more sad is that Spike Lee won an Oscar.

Well, there are the British movies and Best Foreign Language movies, tho Roma was a co-production with USA.

whoa... so this is the intelligence of the average hollywood consumer

>losing to nigger Spiderman
lol

How embarrassing.

Spiderman was better than Mirai

Since when I'm shilling for movies?
You have this imaginary view of how all movies are then I'm telling you to actually watch something to see how wrong you are

That was an Academy member. The only excluyents is not working within the industry. So, the average Joe and movie critics are out.

because the mutts are fucking retarded
wow what a shock

*spic-nigger spooder man

this but unironically

Why are you replying to me? I stopped reading your posts after you started shilling the western entertainment, so I don't read past the (You). Thanks for the (You) though.

What movies were nominated?

>Those two obscure freakin' Chinese fuckin' things that nobody ever freakin' saw [an apparent reference to the Japanese film The Tale of the Princess Kaguya, as well as the Irish film Song of the Sea]? That is my biggest bitch. Most people didn't even know what they were! How does that happen? That, to me, is the most ridiculous thing I've ever seen.

Attached: KILLEM.jpg (1528x1184, 177K)

>185109556
whatever
thanks for the (You)s too

>Black Panther is sweeping the Oscars
Ahahahahahahahaha

>Black Panther
I don't even know what that's about, I just know it's some black person thing lol. Mutts are deranged

What's crazier to me is that you couldn't copy and paste the text from the image, so instead you typed it all out.

Obsessed

He could have searched a fragment on Internet and get the rest from the source.

Academy awards are worth less than a protozoa's waste, you're a mindless sheep for even tuning in.

Attached: 1549521697218.jpg (626x756, 181K)

Wtf was even competing? Fucking Mirai?

That was mediocre. Not to say just outright trash.

nah he typed it out lol

>Oscars
Isn't that just a big advertisement for the people who didn't watch all the popular movies that year?

Where do you think you are?

Attached: 1549929774571.png (459x519, 372K)

>American movie awards
>"Why didn't a Japanese anime live-action win?"
...huh?

>muh oscars
Do you guys even watch tv?

No, but I love showing aggressive contempt for TV watchers and Hollywood niggers.

and what did they ever do to you?

Black Panther was such a mediocre film. You can't talk shit about it without being called a racist. The US is fucking done.