Do you want to watch this new experimental anime made by Netflix with me?

Attached: EVAnetflix.jpg (1280x720, 124K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=hPAOZ9DlD_4
youtube.com/watch?v=yzvIn0mdXtY
youtube.com/watch?v=mQR0bXO_yI8
youtu.be/T5Grlo-9O0c
youtube.com/watch?v=mNOptWysmZc
youtube.com/watch?v=aPyQ6dHsG3I
twitter.com/AnonBabble

asuka's new VA better get a restraining order against tiffany grant

>asuka's new VA
what? who is this Asuka?

Wait, it's a redub?

one of the characters is rumored to be named asuka

you didn't hear it from me though

Yup

a new mecha anime? what are they even thinking that genre is dead

>a new mecha anime? what are they even thinking that genre is dead
I know a guy who works there, I can show you some images from the proposal but you'd have to keep this a secret. We really have to keep it under wraps I don't want them to get in trouble. I'd post a few

Attached: GAINAX.jpg (435x640, 102K)

sorry for the bad quality but this is the only thing I could get is a trailer that they are gonna broadcast in japan
youtube.com/watch?v=hPAOZ9DlD_4

Attached: Eva.jpg (736x600, 165K)

I have leaks of this new show's storyboard

Attached: eva_summarized_sketch.png (500x250, 13K)

This is the concept art of the main character

Attached: Shinji.jpg (440x640, 75K)

the redhead is cute! I will definitely watch this show

You know what?

They gave us Devilman Crybaby and Baki. I say we give them the benefit of the doubt and assume they'll do a decent job here too.

Attached: 34564357.png (1280x720, 709K)

I bet that blue haired girl ends up being the best one

>literally whitewashed Nadia
Akai's lost his touch. This show is going to be a trainwreck, mark my words.

Guys I just found out this is gonna be made by Anno

the guy who did Gunbuster? I'm guessing its just going to be yet another generic mecha where they fight some aliens

Hopefully. The old one doesn't hold up.

Why do you say that?

>If you want to know who is Anno
Anno began his career after attending Osaka University of Arts as an animator for the anime series The Super Dimension Fortress Macross (1982–1983). Wrapped up in producing the DAICON III and IV Opening Animations with his fellow students, he was eventually expelled from Osaka.
Anno did not gain recognition until the release of his work on Hayao Miyazaki's 1984 film Nausicaä of the Valley of the Wind. Running short on animators, the film's production studio posted an ad in the famous Japanese animation magazine Animage, announcing that they were in desperate need of more animators. Anno, in his early twenties at the time, read the ad and headed down to the film's studio, where he met with Miyazaki and showed him some of his drawings. Impressed with his ability, Miyazaki hired him to draw some of the most complicated scenes near the end of the movie, and valued his work highly.
Anno went on to become one of the co-founders of Gainax in December 1984. He worked as an animation director for their first feature-length film, Royal Space Force: The Wings of Honneamise (1987), and ultimately became Gainax's premiere anime director, leading the majority of the studio's projects such as Gunbuster (1988) and Nadia: The Secret of Blue Water (1990–1991). However, Anno fell into a four-year depression following Nadia — the series was handed down to him from NHK from an original concept by Hayao Miyazaki (of which Castle in the Sky is also partly based upon) and he was given little creative control.
In 1994, the minor planet 9081 Hideakianno was named after him by his old friend Akimasa Nakamura.

Attached: Hideaki Anno.jpg (214x317, 9K)

voice better be hawt

>implying (((Netflix))) will even be able to release something watchable
Mecha is dead guys. No one will be able to top pic related.

Attached: MDYRL.png (1280x720, 1012K)

but the guy who work in this is making that new anime user

Hey, I hear the music's being made by some chump named Shiro Sagisu, lmao why did Netflix even let this no-name on board?

Attached: Untitled-1-9947.jpg (612x612, 91K)

Guys, I've been looking through a few leaks, I think that this character is gonna be called Rei

Attached: 230px-Asukka13.jpg (230x173, 11K)

Also, I think this character is called Misato? But im not sure because of the file name

Attached: Mari_(Plugsuit_08).png (275x865, 157K)

>Shiro Sagisu
The guy who make the SSSS.Gridman soundtrack?

Attached: SSSS.Gridman.jpg (2560x1920, 484K)

Uh oh, guys, I'm not sure what to feel about this

Attached: Capture.png (205x613, 161K)

>I think that this character is gonna be called Rei
I found some concept art for Rei

Attached: concept art for Rei.jpg (500x539, 48K)

This thread is meta as fuck.

Nah, it cant be, that looks way too simple. People are gonna be talking about this show for all of three seconds, no way will people ever find any in-depth meanings to that.

Guys I think you are confused. I just found this concept art in my father's room, He is working in the making of this anime (don't tell anybody)

Attached: concept art for Asuka.jpg (500x657, 75K)

Instant best girl I can tell. Blue-haired eyepatch in the bottom can fuck off though, that better just be a remnant of an earlier design.

Nah senpai, that one's called Asuka for sure. I overheard someone tell someone else that "Asuka wears an eyepatch in the rebuilds"

I dunno what a rebuild is, but this character clearly has one eye, so she is Asuka.

Oh shit, the director of Nadia?!

I think that this is from a different series, user. I heard a guy tell this guy tell this guy that the Asuka character in this upcoming series has the last name "Shikinami".

then again, they were also talking about something called a "rebuild", which Im guessing is like what there calling season two

>implying this will ever get a season 2

youtube.com/watch?v=yzvIn0mdXtY

Asuka's english VA is her own waifu

Attached: akon3.jpg (370x540, 225K)

guys I feel like this show's waifus might cause some drama...

Future Netflix shooter, calling it now

best girl

Attached: 1378685361449.jpg (500x688, 145K)

Guys, Guys, Guys, you NEED to look out for this character in the show, I hear that he has like a military background, so hes probably like, really bad-ass. I think hes gonna be the main character.

Attached: Kensuke_3.png (640x480, 287K)

Gainax employee here, got some leaks for you. The last two episodes are going to involve the last of the angels (the monsters in the series) coming down from the moon and destroying America.
I've seen the script myself, screencap this post.

weebs like her don't even leave their house, look at Yea Forums and

What? Nah. This show looks like its gonna be forgettable the minute that it comes out. You can already tell that both of these characters are totally shallow; they dont have any depth at all, no WAY is anyone going to argue about whos better, cause nobodys even going to care

>weebs
Is that fucking wordfilter still up? Let me try,
weaboo
weaboo
w.apanese
W.APANESE

The monsters are called Angels? I bet there is going to be a lot of in-depth Christian references in the series, no way will they utilize this concept just because it looks cool.

c*****

WTF? That's just a Yukiclone. Character designs are getting so lazy and unoriginal nowadays.

Attached: YukiChinkDress.jpg (4069x6000, 2.43M)

Yo, fellas, I hear that this is going to be the ending song, dunno why they picked something so old though:
youtube.com/watch?v=mQR0bXO_yI8

Baki is trash you retard

fite me

Learn what that word means redneck bitch

Guys when the anime is release can we have a thread for every episode (1 everyday) it would be so much found experience this with user

Attached: SAD.jpg (500x341, 19K)

So, why are they replacing the VAs for the redub? The og cast is still billed for the 4th rebuild film aren't they?

I know you're shitposting but really nothing has topped DYRL in terms of visuals in Mecha anime.

Guys?

I know the promo art looks pretty old fashioned, but this is a new show user (although how original it will be could be disputed I guess)

>it would be so much found experience this with user

Attached: 1548832244397.png (162x171, 30K)

I will user

Im down

They're called Messengers, you EOP fucks

>it would be so much found experience this with user
FUN

When is this anime gonna release?

Guys, what do you think this character is called? I think she is the MC's mom

Attached: c1.jpg (640x480, 55K)

prob "homeroom teahcer turned heroine" trope or something

Apparently she takes care of the MC, you think we can finally have an oneesan win this time?

Anyway, show looks like another generic (mecha) battle harem like what was popular a few years back, pretty blasé aside from the (MC's?) robot.

I bet he ends up sleeping with her. No one could resist it if they ended up living with a hottie like that.

Guys I'm from the future the mecha has a super mode

Attached: n.jpg (696x400, 43K)

nah thats stupid, they would probably call it something retarded like "ahh its going berserk" lmao

No guys, I think were all wrong, from this leak I found, I think she is the MC's love intrest but theres a timeskip? Maybe she pilots the robot too?

Attached: b53.jpg (1024x960, 166K)

Lel how many times have we seen that one

Hey Yea Forumsnons, I found this picture, apparently its from one of the later episodes? I think that this mystery character works for a rival organization from the US, and is gonna be the main antagonist

Attached: AS.png (640x480, 509K)

Yes, the license to the original got lost somewhere, and Netflix is the one thing keeping Funimation from getting their hands on it. Anno would rather have Netlfix than go back to forcing Funimation to stop adding corny jokes.

Okay, guys, I know this is a bit of a stretch, but my dad's uncle's brother's cousin works at GAINAX and told me that this anime has a penguin in it! Do you guys really think thats true?

Attached: ekjgk3.jpg (1360x800, 392K)

She's an undercover magical girl.

Attached: __katsuragi_misato_mitsuishi_kotono_and_sailor_moon_bishoujo_senshi_sailor_moon_and_neon_genesis_eva (1560x1440, 1.08M)

None of these characters will ever become popular. I mean look at how dumb this character looks.

Attached: Rei.png (360x274, 155K)

Listen people, all I want is a fun, straightforward robo-battle show. No subtext. No obscure symbolism. No lore. Just big, dumb mecha.
Pic very related and very rehated. Please flush this pretentious piece of shit from my memory forever, Netflix.

Attached: 876453373.jpg (960x720, 74K)

Watch G Gundam, it's a straight forward Robo-show about mecha tournaments. Only thing that comes close is Season One of Big O, and Zoids.

>G Gundam, it's a straight forward Robo-show about mecha tournaments.
that show is to deep user

some pseudo love interest throw away character who prob only lasts a few episodes, blue hair girl seems to be most prevalent in the trailer

>G Gundam
HAVE
YOU
SEEN
THIS
MAN?

Attached: 3456357.png (640x640, 453K)

t. brainlet

LEL Hideaki Anno is a total hack, just cause he directed some shitty space-mecha YEARS ago, he thinks that he can just go ahead and rip off Darling in the Franxx a year after it came out, and that people are actually gonna BUY it?

I lmao @ his pitiful efforts

Attached: 457.png (2518x1075, 197K)

youtu.be/T5Grlo-9O0c

What the hell is that, fan art or something? It looks like a generation swap, but I can't tell who the fem!Gendo is. I'd it supposed to be Yui?

Looks like shit, already 10 episodes in and all I'm seeing is random christian symbolism and a weak MC that keeps being a coward at every opportunity.

>no-name fansub groups with fancy logos already staking out their territory on Netflix's new show by making their own "trailers" from released footage
youtube.com/watch?v=mNOptWysmZc

where do you watch it so early user?

probably given how much of a wreck ditf was
also Neon has this cool retro look like it was made in the 90s

Platinum netflix members only, perks.

lol they gave her blue hair for them tumblr views

>10 episodes in
How's the future user, lotto numbers please?

Hey look at it this way, the more of a wimp he starts out as, the more satisfying it will be when he grows into his role and matures. I'd say that's what they're going for here. He'll get better as the series gets on, I'm sure of it. I mean, it's not like he can get any worse, right?

wow, how pathetic, all of those shows were totally forgettable, not a single classic in sight

(but really tho that trailer was smooth as fuck ngl)

think it is, just found it off of google

Just look at these obvious parallels, they didnt even try

Attached: 1523087508704.jpg (1280x1440, 221K)

Why did this get a redub? The original was great!

Attached: am725KV_700b.jpg (700x700, 60K)

just a total ripoff, what the hell

forgot the god damn picture, lol

Attached: wxntd5ibjzk01.jpg (1500x1124, 88K)

original? this is an all new anime, I dont think the manga being translated counts as a dub, user

That anime seems to be dark, finally an actual serious mecha anime after decades of shonenshit meant to sell merchandise.

>dub

Attached: yuusha12.jpg (151x243, 18K)

NGE and CB are exempt from the rule newfriend

I love the 90s filter they are using, looks like some Megalobox shit going on

wait, isnt this just the same version on netflix? is it a rehash? what the fuck

One of the leaked girls from the proposal, she might not actually be in the show but she's there in some of the concept art
She seem very innocent. I wonder if we could really have a pure hearted girl like that in a mech show

Attached: Proposal_20_asuka.jpg (440x640, 70K)

>Redub
I hope they keep the Alternate reality scene identical. Its just to classic. Its the only piece of Eva dub i recommend to anyone
youtube.com/watch?v=aPyQ6dHsG3I

I heard the director is actually trying to use cels.
He must be CRAZY!

You sure... maybe it's just the same people working on it.... you never know, the anime world is very small... I hope that's the case.

Kensuke Aida, the gun collector and hacker. He is cool.

wow he looks like a fucking crybaby. The girls will be the only thing to save this show

No, I meant why redub the Neon-Genesis Evangelion, when the ADV dub was just fine.

These monster designs are so insane. What even is this proposal?

Attached: Proposal_33_sachiel.jpg (400x581, 59K)

>being OK with any dub

Attached: HorribleSubs_Endro_05_1080p.mkv_snapshot_09.30_2019.02.10_12.04.10.jpg (1920x1080, 239K)

WHERE IS FUCKING 4.0 YOU FILTHY JEW WEEB, ANNO

>posting screenshots of anime I've never seen
fuck you

Attached: 1wqeriwo4_250.png (240x240, 128K)

This anno guy sounds promising. If Miyazaki likes him he must be something. I heard he had a hand in the Japan animator expo too... Anyone who had a hand in something like that must be up to something good. He must be crazy for reviving these old animation techniques like that though.

I'm so happy
This really looks like we are finally gonna get a proper mecha show
No more power of friendship magic and bullshit, look at these builds, look at the people working around it. It's gonna be all technical and great I JUST KNOW IT!
I bet the MC will kick ass just you wait!

Attached: Proposal_08_eva.jpg (440x640, 84K)

Char's Counterattack was 1987

Looks like a shitty 90's anime. Did they even give the studio a budget, or just $20 and a bag of hamburgers to get them through the 2 hours it took to make this?

You don't even speak Japanese, you fake fucking weeaboo pondscum

I heard they are trying to bring back everything with that anime. Rumor has it that they even went as far as using real cels and film.

Yeah man, I hear he was involved in like that Godzilla movie, and that wasnt half bad so maybe this'll be good too?

Im not holding my breath though, I hear the guy has depression though, no way that will aid the show in any way, amirite?

I heard the MC is gonna be a boring coward. How the fuck are they gonna pull that off? Its obvious people prefer strong leads to show them how they should be. This anime is going to fail HARD mark my words

>Its obvious people prefer strong leads to show them how they should be.
user

Attached: k.jpg (250x250, 10K)

Fellas, lets be real; cel shading in this day and age?

These bozos are gonna run out of budget by the time they get towards the end of the series. hell, they might just resort to some metaphorical bullcrap for the ending because of how broke they become.

screencap this, I bet my left nut that this is what will happen, without a doubt.

>I bet my left nut that this is what will happen, without a doubt.
no user is more probably that the director is gonna change of Ideas constantly making the animators do the same episode 3+ times every week

Attached: Karl 1.jpg (625x351, 48K)

Bullshit
If that would ever happen they would find a way to create a temporary ending for the series and then maybe make a movie or two. The director seems like a smart guy. Even if they run out of budget it's not like the are gonna run out of ink, right?

how much do you guys wanna bet he runs out of money around episode 24?

sorry but my theory is better

I feel like with a director going through tough times it's a real 50 50, it could either go really bad as the director gets bored of the show or goes really bonkers as the director looses his mind more and more. Maybe it will make things more interesting.

>run out of ink

Hell, even if they did, its not like we would even ever know about it; its not like theyll get the MC's VA to rant about it on-screen lol

>director looses his mind more and more.
shit this is probably what is gonna happen, I feel it

H-Hey do you guys think... do you guys think theyll make like more of these, like say in a movie form like ten years down the line?

Nah, that's too much, they wont get successful enought to do that

would they?

>would they?
I just wanna see this anime with user when it comes out

Ten years down the line?
What kind of madman would spend decades of his life redoing a single piece of work.
You really have to be tied to it by soul if you ever want to pull something like that. Maybe if this show would be really pivotal to the creator and he'd want to fact it one more time. But it's so unlikely that it might never happen.

There's also gotta be one insane revelation in a dude's life to decide to reshape an entire series. What can happen to someone to ever do something like that.

Whatever, I won't mind more, this looks promising either way.

This will be the new Anno Domini.

Holy shit imagine him going crazy with these really wholesome looking characters, Splattering them all over the walls, making them go crazy just to fit his twisting mind. That would be horrible. Might be refreshing though, seeing every cast member be a ok in an anime where everyone is dying around can take you out of it sometimes, so it might be good.

I just hope he doesn't do anything bad to this one. She looks so wholesome

Attached: Proposal_19_ritsuko.jpg (440x640, 65K)

>She looks so wholesome
>30 years old

Attached: I slap you.jpg (158x152, 12K)

LISTEN BRO
I LIKE CAKES
She looks like a cute professor. she looks like someone who would be always smiling and being cheerful around everyone like a good little cake

She's pretty normal. She's married, has kids and goes to conventions regularly and has a job.
She also just happens to be madly in love with Asuka.

Anons, even if they did a movie or two, there is no way that they would find an audience that would be interested for that long. I mean they would have to go ahead and show them, like, the following month or year, no way they would get delayed for years or anything, people would lose interest if they had to wait too long

Attached: Fuck, Im old.png (465x500, 21K)

Gladly. Just give me your parents' credit card, the three numbers on the back, and the expiration month and year.

>married, has kids and goes to conventions regularly and has a job.
god it hurts

Attached: 1549312565606.jpg (1242x808, 120K)

There's only one experimental anime and it's Excel Saga

Statistically, its entirely likely she has posted on here at least once

Who even are these people?
Are these painters turned animators?!
These concept arts don't even look like they belong in an anime, they look like they belong in a museum. How are they even gonna channel these paintings into animation? I've seen some impressive conepts before but this takes the cake. Netflix finds the craziest teams to hire, First they found yuasa, now this... insane.

Attached: Alpha - 073.jpg (2000x2749, 2.8M)

There have been crazier circumstances, and we know /m/ can sit on a series for half a century and still eat it up, just take a look at gundam or macross.

Remember the GIRUGAMESH meme?
She was in that video(that's her in the foreground of this shot). Pretty sure she directed it, too.
And I wouldn't be surprised if she was at least partly responsible for spreading it.

Attached: girugamesh_guy.png (630x374, 173K)

shut the fuck up pussy moe faggot

I can't wait for 3.0+1.0
Don't care for the movie itself, I just want to watch the fandom shit itself inside out.

Attached: The Master's work is complete.jpg (1600x1168, 1.44M)

pretty pure she's started an asuka thread or two as well

Attached: 194.jpg (792x817, 168K)

Or two hundred.

Do you think she's a milf? Are we finally gonna have a proper mecha milf?

>milf
no

Will Boner Robin voice shinji? It's finally his chance

no

Shinji is gonna be played by Jaded smith

So when is it supposed to be released?

>heard the anime ending didn't make sense
>read the manga
>piece of shit
I'm amazed it's so revered, what a bad ending in both cases

What's it like having such bad taste?

when is the release

march-ish

>Pretty sure she directed it, too.
That was actually Vic McMarrghblaarugh

But that's a QUACK experimental anime, I want a srs experimental anime!

>Watching a dub
>When it isn't even the 90s anymore, and we aren't being gouged by split dub/sub VHS prices

There is no good reason. Learn 2 Read nigga

Attached: you disgust me.jpg (636x511, 61K)

I've already seen it subbed.
I also don't know why you autists are greentexting
>hurrdurr dub
at that comment, it's not saying even saying anything about whether dubs are good or not.

Remember boys, an episode a day