Yea Forums tells me subs > dubs because the English VA pool is tiny

>Yea Forums tells me subs > dubs because the English VA pool is tiny
>every subbed anime seems to have the same fucking cast as Oreimo
So tell me, what's the real reason for choosing subs over dubs?

Attached: Kirino-and-Ayase-kirino-kousaka-35001297-740-1027.jpg (740x1027, 257K)

Other urls found in this thread:

myanimelist.net/anime/35330/Poputepipikku/characters
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

because it's the original voice.

Japanese people sounding like Japanese people is more pleasant than Americans trying to sound Japanese with incredibly strained falsettos.

Watch more anime.

What if the characters are native english speakers like in Hellsing or Black Lagoon or Gunsmith Cats?

>every subbed anime seems to have the same fucking cast as Oreimo
We all know that is fucking horseshit.
And even if that's true, so what? you wanna tell me that you don't wanna hear those beatiful voices?
>subs > dubs because the English VA pool is tiny
subs>dubs because jap VA is a professionals who are putting an actual effort and have actual skills unlike nonames who either doing it just to not starve.
Not to say there's no good english voice actors, but there are so few in between and they are mostly either used for games or murrican cartoons, not for anime.
You can clearly tell how awful english dub is when some abridged shit actually has better voice acting and voices in general.

Use some science:

Hypothesis: english speakers dubbing English characters makes the dub good through some mechanism outwith the scope of the experiment
Method: The dub of Hellsing (2001) will be watched
Expected result: Hellsing (2001)'s dub will not be shit, because hypothesis
Observed result: Hellsing (2001)'s dub is utter dogshit, and sounds like a flash animation parody of itself
Conclusion: English speakers dubbing English-speaking characters does not magically make a dub not shit.

Attached: 4L_vAlXysBu.jpg (480x360, 11K)

Hellsing 01 was dogshit in general

Because English VA are half assed.

>every dub has Sabat

>And even if that's true, so what? you wanna tell me that you don't wanna hear those beatiful voices?
>Jap
>Beautiful voices
As expected from someone who can't even spell beautiful right.

Sure buddy
myanimelist.net/anime/35330/Poputepipikku/characters

A large pool of potential voice actors does not mean that the pool of the people being regularly cast is large too, it means that there's a greater chance for someone talented to be among the voice actors. The Japanese business is more competitive and the frequently cast actors are better. Also, you clearly need to lurk more and watch more anime.

Because sub-purism bias.

Before I fixed sound track priority in my player I had a near death experience every time english track played by default.

Because anime community is filled with nostalgia-blind dumbasses who think Ghost Stories and Cowboy Bebop are the only good dubs in existence.

t. weeb

Doesn't stop some of them from trying to sound Japanese unfortunately.

Have you listened to Japanese people speak? Not a drama or one of those variety shows. Like a news broadcast or something?

Anime voice is not how Japanese sounds.

I listen to webradios and podcasts every day. Sakura Ayane still sounds like Sakura Ayane, Yahagi still sounds like Yahagi and Sugita still sounds like Sugita, Morikubo and the late Ishizuka Unsho.

Because the director can talk to them directly to tell them to change the expression of the lines, and there is no intended audience outside of japan.

Attached: 1548012794792.png (844x1080, 321K)

You can't hear how shit Japanese VA is

The Japanese VAs make the girls sound cuter.

Terrible writing is masked by language barrier, making horrible trope-ridden trash more watchable

>Anime actors stay in their anime persona while promoting anime.
People who aren't paid to talk like that and didn't go to school to learn it don't sound like that.

By webradios, it's specifically the A&G radios, not Animate's or Kadokawa stuff. Bunka Housou/A&G podcast is specifically a platform for entertainers to do their own radio talk shows without having connection to any anime or manga media. Yes, they could promote their shows and roles in anime and games but that is not the entirety of the radio shows. Bunka Housou also brings in live action directors, actors and models to do their own podcast and these radio personalities do not talk like anime characters outside of their usual opening dramas bullshit.

just because FMA had a decent dub doesn't mean every anime with English characters has a non-garbage dub

A japanese dub for something that didn't have japanese voices in the first place will sound like shit you dumb fucking retard. Look at platinum games. MGR in japanese sounds like shit because 8t's not the original version. Same for overwatch or any other media in existence. If it's not the intended version, then it is trash.
Guess who chooses and directs the voice actors. That's right, it's the people who make the anime in the first place. Your literal who butchering the script, handing them to other literal whos doesn't amount to anything. It's the same as watching a movie dubbed over, it's fucking retarded and you should kill yourself. The only exception of the rule is the psycho pass movie and that's because the japanese people can't speak english for shit.
I've fucking had it of dubfags. Your kind along with shonenshitters were non existent a couple years ago.

It doesn't fucking matter because the people handling the dubs doesn't care and never participated in any of the production process of the medium.

This is pure autism. MGR in Japanese sounds fine and in line with the rest of the Metal Gear games there just like its English version. By that logic, you would be playing MGS in Japanese since it was first, then MGS2 and MGS3 in English since they came out in America first, and then MGS4 in whatever language you want since it released simultaneously.

Your methodology is not scientific at all

This

But also this

Western voice actors for western media are leagues better than English dub voice actors, since most of them are actually trained actors with decades of experience as opposed to just being some chump brought in off the street.

Speak for yourself.

>Every dub has hana kanazawa.