Are authors finally noticing that if you make a harem series it's only natural to go for the harem ending?

Are authors finally noticing that if you make a harem series it's only natural to go for the harem ending?

Attached: Maou.jpg (461x665, 74K)

No, they've been doing that for a while. Now they're going full Abe and showing penetrative sex and impregnation onscreen.

Now they need to start more often having chapters like that and this one before the series ends.

Not enough of them.

Attached: x25.png (1976x1400, 1.16M)

No, they're just becoming more lazy. Rather than actually resolving the issue and ensuring love interests get their proper rejection, they just go 'and then they all fucked'. I mean, it works since it panders to the SI but it's still ultimately a copout since some girls are clearly better than the others and can win solo.

There is nothing wrong with multiple wives

Attached: 1549956724016.jpg (816x979, 108K)

>they just go 'and then they all fucked'.
It's barely better than getting nothing at all when it's just after a time skip or in an epilogue.

>and can win solo
Yet they never do

I did say they are becoming more lazy, with a dash of non-committal as fuck since they don't want to piss off the fanbase for any future work. It's like the safest way to resolve a harem situation.

Better a genuine loss and they move than a pity victory where everyone 'wins'.

Was Himari really a harem ending? Yuto essentially got raped in his sleep and the bonus chapter in the artbook has Himari rub it in that she's the only one who had sex with Yuto while he was conscious.

I can't imagine they would have only accepted doing it a single time with him, but I wanted it to last longer so we could have chapters where they could have sex with him while he was conscious too, regardless of whether he was willing to do it or not. Ending at that point just wasn't enough.

Attached: c1375610b912c8fcd3a23788fe039245d788215a.jpg (1000x1333, 180K)

It's only natural if the series is lighthearted or its in a universe where polygamy is normal
Otherwise an open ending is better

harems were a mistake. That's why it's illegal in most countries.

When your whole writing hinges on the girls never developing outside of "OMG MC is so cute I want his baby AAAAAHHH!" then yeah it's necessary.
Otherwise it's a toss up I'd say, though I do prefer harem ending.

Even seeing that depresses me. It already wasn't "real" to being with, but being double unreal is just so sad. I hate when authors let their depression or other mental issues leak so heavily into the ending.

Nice tits.

Where is this from?

Shizuka's were the best.

The unscanned artbook for

Oh fuck off with your psycho analysis babble. More often than not they just want to wrap up the story in a way that the fans want. The manga was essentially axed.
The source ended way differently.

It’s only fair. Guys want all the girls. Girls want the #1 guy.

Unfortunately no, it's still pretty rare. When it happened with pic related people who still cared about the series had to do a double take because nobody expected a shonen manga to go for a legit harem ending where the protagonist as a bunch of kids with his three love interests.

Attached: mushibugyo.jpg (651x941, 301K)

Meh. Historically in Japan any guy who could afford it kept at least 1 concubine.

I prefer harem endings when the MC had actually worked for them instead of having it handed to them. 90%+ of the time, the MC gets his harem because 1. He swooped in and saved their lives at the last moment, 2. He was nice to them that one time, 3. He called them cute, or 4., my personal favorite, every other male is secretly a serial rapist.

>It's like the safest way to resolve a harem situation
What about a harem end where the worst girl is excluded?

you what? just because most countries don't allow officially legally recognized harem dosn't mean you can't have a harem anyway

Depends on what you mean by 'worst'.

You describe SAO pretty well. But since the author is now apparently "woke", perhaps he will stop adding more girls to the pseudo harem.

Seriously though, I don't think I've ever seen another series where it was so obvious the author didn't plan anything beyond the basic premise.

>Seriously though, I don't think I've ever seen another series where it was so obvious the author didn't plan anything beyond the basic premise.
You should read more, then. The sheer idiocy you will see will shock you.

True words right there user.