Shoujo manga vs shonen manga

Which is better? Personally i find shoujo manga to be pathetic as they are full of meaningless boring romantic drama works. Shonen manga has more variety and creativity, even harems like nisekai or to love ru are way better than your average shoujo manga.

Attached: 655.jpg (501x500, 62K)

comparing to JoJo is a strange choice but id say Shounen definitely has higher potential to be great just by the nature of the genera not being as restrictive, there is no shoujo JoJo

Shonen, shoujo etc. are not genres, get this in your tiny brain.

It might help to explain that they're demographic descriptions

I understand what you mean but demographic is a genre by definition.

Don't get me wrong I love JoJo and it's my favorite anime/manga but this comparison is the equivalent of comparing a romantic comedy to Rambo.

I dunno I don't read shoujo, that shit is for girls

>JoJo
>Shounen
Seinen like JoJo and HxH are better than shoujo, but shoujo is still better than shitty shounen with asspulls and power of friendship

Finally someone who gets it.

HxH is shounen and has always been shounen. It wouldn't be published in a shounen magazine otherwise. I'm not bashing the manga, I just want to set the record straight and stop other people from being misinformed.

>HxH is shounen and has always been shounen

Attached: debunk this.jpg (3500x2352, 3.05M)

The demography 'seinen' refers to men between 20-50 years old, and I gotta say, I've never heard of teenagers getting so old.

I always wondered why I could never get into shoujo. Now after many years I finally realize I could just never get a female mentality regarding wish fulfillment.

In shounen, a dude wishes to become hokage, a great hunter, someone of importance etc. Therefore he will undergo many trials and challenges that force him to undergo a lot of development in order to reach those goals.

In shoujo when you think about it, most of the time the femc doesn't even develop much since she isn't the one taking the initiative to achieve her goals which usually is marrying the rich stu. Even when she claims to make the overpowered rich handsome guy fall for her, it's usually him doing the chasing and actual work. Add in one more equally handsome guy and you have a love triangle where the femc basically just waits to pick the winner. So basically in shoujo, the femc never needs to do that much since she is the object of attention from the start.

It's for this reason the best shounen like Slam Dunk, HxH or even kingdom (which is very shounen like in content) will be on another level that shoujo could never achieve simply because of the design that shows how strong the hero's develop in many areas such as mentality, motivation etc in order to reach their goals.

And for that same reason is why shounen stuff like fairy tail or bleach suck coz that development takes a back seat compared to just getting another asspull power up.

SoL.

Attached: 0055-036.jpg (1644x1200, 522K)

>He doesn't want to have a bunch of literal chads to serve him

I must be really tired since I wrote so much stuff that can be simplified as the following:

Shounen
>I wanna become Chad.

Shoujo
>I want to stand there while the Chads serve me

Personally I rather find a way to become Chad. Seems more of an accomplishment. That's why I never liked shoujo much.

>shoujo manga to be pathetic
incel detected

Attached: 1541199851130.jpg (1511x2152, 674K)

but they are

I agree, Shounen carries a more positive overall message about improving oneself while shoujo is the contrary it is about denying one self for social acceptance.

That's not a fair comparison. Shoujo is to girls what harem is to boys. You can't really put them on the same boat

Can't we have a shoujo where the MC is a harem member of a boy and a shounen where the MC is one of the dudes pursuing the Mary Sue girl?

Shonen is in most cases superior in every aspect of writing, especially in the variety of the themes and characters it depicts. It not only depicts higher quality writing it also demands it in it's editorial requirements.
Shojo on the other hand suffers from schlock writing and this is also expected from the mangakas by their publishers, even if the authors wished to depict higher quality thematic material in their work they rarely can.
It rarely depicts real social or interpersonal issues believably and when it does it downgrades them to jerk off drama.

Then there's the issue of character development, and in most cases the richness and believably of individual characters depicted is always the strongest selling point of a work. In this regard shonen is also incomparably superior, although I found some exceptions.
I for example never expected to find an overall believable depiction of a full-on chad character in a shojo manga, and thus mostly ignored it. But you'll find yourself pleasantly surprised when you bump into a romantic shojo manga that depicts a fucking rapist, psychotic, physically violent, misogynist, and overall insane male character as a bloody second MC/love interest? Wtf. I didn't even know one can find that in shojo, just shonen/seinen. And for it to even manage to moralize and justify such a character believably by showing how he can pull his weight and take responsibility without resorting to garbage asspull is surprising. Even without watering down or taking away from the violence or severity of his depiction till the very end of the manga.
Well written madmen are an extremely uncommon thing for a shojo, and that's why everyone with patrician taste sticks to shonen. But there's always a few genuine exceptions if you wish to suffer through cringe inducing romance scenes. And you cant watch the animes either since the violence is watered down and has entire scenes changed.

Attached: domyoji.jpg (800x1223, 208K)

>MC is a harem member of a boy
Ren'ai Harem Game Shuuryou no Oshirase ga Kuru Koro ni

>written madmen
Where can I find such characters? Any recommendation?

>Shonen manga has more variety and creativity
Pretty much, shojo usually sticks closer to topics and themes that would interest only its intended audience of pubescent girls while shonen manga despite supposedly being made for a young male audience is basically aimed at just about anyone and everyone.
Though obviously it's just a tendency and not a hard rule that every manga assigned to either of those categories has to follow.

Shoujo and Shonen are both so full of cliches that after reading or watching two or three, you can predict the plot of almost any other of them. You're just more willing to forgive them in the genre you prefer. Also, Shoujo and Shonen have both some outstanding gems.

They are in the sense that Japanese use them. They target fights and sports to boys, and romance to girls. It's true that there are both sports and fight manga that are targeted to girls, but they're very different to the ones that they target to men, and it's something so obvious that keep insisting that shoujo and shonen aren't genres, even if it's technically correct, is just meaningless.

I don't know, Clamp has pulled some really original shit and it's safe to say than it's all shoujo.

Original doesnt mean its all good, its also several writters and several mangas, the ideas and characters from JoJos are all in one universe by one guy

Clamp is shit and they couldn't even finish one of their best series