Will we ever get another masterpiece like Kill la Kill?

Will we ever get another masterpiece like Kill la Kill?

Attached: 1485709330559.jpg (1280x720, 104K)

Was it ever a masterpiece?

No and trigger has yet to make anything anywhere near as successful or bigger than TTGL. Hacks.

I have hopes for Promare.

can't really say master piece
but it was fun as hell to watch

One day, probably. Promare looks good.
Yes.

Attached: 1548183595191.jpg (640x905, 173K)

Next up: Promare.

Absolutely. This doesn't mean KLK doesn't have it's flaws, but that's okay, and gives it some extra charms. One of the best shows, maybe ever.

Attached: 1521235499174.jpg (800x533, 69K)

Yes it was you dingus

Honestly only half the episodes were good

Kill la Kill was on the fence between whether it wanted to be ecchi fanservice comedy or whether it wanted to be a 3deep5me statement about power, class, and sexuality. And it showed.

That entire show was an identity crisis of a story.

No, you're just fucking morons.

Attached: 1542205946934.jpg (640x546, 97K)

Let's wait together for shit taste contrarians baiting about klk and ttgl not being masterpieces and laught at them and newfags who gets baityed into responding. Day on Yea Forums like any other.

Kill la Kill had a great pool of classic influences to draw from that it took bits and pieces from and then completely wasted.

>Character dynamic of Project A-Ko
>Setting and message of Revolutionary Girl Utena
>Somehow ends up being a muddled shit show whose only memorable scene involves a girl getting finger raped in a bathtub

Space Patrol Luluco was the best thing they've made. Unlike Kill la Kill and Gurren Lagann it didn't pretend to be serious in a stupid way that didn't work with the rest of the show.

Space Patrol Luluco is the best Trigger anime because it showcases what Trigger's style is best at, without pretending to be something it's not.

All the episodes were good.
Sounds like typical post-2000 Gainax anime. Why did you even watch it if you don't like a style of storytelling that's so rooted and estabilished?
>Character dynamic of Project A-Ko
>Setting and message of Revolutionary Girl Utena
>Somehow ends up being a muddled shit show whose only memorable scene involves a girl getting finger raped in a bathtub
Not only is your taste shit, you also got the main sources of inspiration wrong.
Luluco is not as good as KLK and about as good as Gridman.
>it didn't pretend to be serious
So you missed the last 3 episodes?
And needless to say, Luluco had plenty of substance behind the silliness as well, like every other Imaishi show.

Ive watched KLK and TTGL what else do I watch that is similar?

Boku no Pico

How the fuck do you think Kill la Kill is in any way NOT inspired by Project A-Ko?

>Main girl likes to fight
>Best friend/second girl is batshit levels of cheery and innocent
>Enemy girl is 2serious4u stoic
>Bad guys are aliens who want to use the main characters in an invasion plot

>story long tournament arc with swords, set in a weird school
>head of school controlling the world of the characters
>head of school in a rapey incestuous relationship with a morally ambiguous antagonist who turns good last minute
>idea of school as a conformity trap full of oppression

But, of course, I am sure I got the inspirations wrong

Panty and Stocking With Garterbelt
Space Patrol Luluco

>muh drill anime
Jesus it was ok but not that great

Just a reminder that Satsuki > Ryuuko.

Attached: a1087bff-5895-409c-c049-455d9d8eeee7.png (960x960, 491K)

Ragyo is best girl

For getting your balls stepped on, sure, but ryuuko will have a functional relationship with me

The setup of KLK is just Cutie Honey, dumbass. Specifically, RE Cutie Honey, also a collaboration of Imaishi and Nakashima.
Honey: Ryuko
Natsuko (manga): Mako
Natsuko (RE): Satsuki
Seiiji: Aikuro
Seiji's family (manga): the Mankanshoku
4 Claws: 4 Devas
etc.
Go Nagai in general is the main source of ispiration of the show, the way life fibers work, their story and many designs are taken from Devilman.

Attached: re.png (436x497, 280K)

KLK was mediocre in the second half, I found Ryuko overly edgy and unlikeable, other supporting characters annoying and overplayed.

>KLK was mediocre in the second half,
Nah.
>I found Ryuko overly edgy and unlikeable,
God forbid a character has flaws to overcome.

I do not want a masterpiece, I just want something as fun to watch alongside you guys...

Why can't it be both?

Faggot

I wuv u

for anime standards yeah