What is with Japan's fetish with the UK?

What is with Japan's fetish with the UK?

Attached: god save the queen.jpg (1280x720, 64K)

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anglo-Japanese_Alliance
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Japanese_school_uniform#Sailor_fuku
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Itō_Hirobumi
youtube.com/watch?v=6budgmrxpe4
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Japan fetishizes European/Western countries in general

I wouldn't go that far. If they have a fetish for any country it's krautland.

tea sucking prim talking colonizer stereotype
just like the loose cannon blonde bombshell/tomboy heavy equipment burger stereotype

Attached: saunders.png (2000x851, 1.15M)

I personally prefer their German/Nazi fetish.

It was a pretty cool country until about 5 years ago

Attached: bongfood.png (1270x1357, 2.02M)

>Country who was previously a ruthless empire that wanted to annex a most of the world has a fetish for another country that used to be a ruthless empire that wanted to annex most of the world.
Makes you think, don't it.

Attached: Ferristhink.png (327x300, 99K)

It comes from white-japanese bond during the WW2. And it gives them an excuse to draw cute blonde girls.

cawfee

based

Because they have a lot in common:
-Placed on islands;
-Spend a lot of time for making tea;
-Monarchy;
-Left Side traffic;
-Don't really like US.

Isn't that so obvious?

Why wouldn't they be fascinated with one of the very first western nations to collapse in real time?
Their empire got nuke by one of the western nations almost a century ago so it's just what goes around comes around.

Attached: 1550149255993.jpg (202x164, 9K)

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anglo-Japanese_Alliance

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Japanese_school_uniform#Sailor_fuku

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Itō_Hirobumi

It would be more acute to say they have overall a fetish for Europeans countries with a strong culture like them. Maybe it's something like friendly rivality?

Fellow super shy islanders. Also, mysterious white people, because Japanese are culturally naive.

>island nation
>own "culture" is a just a cheap bastardization of the nearby mainlander's
>extremely proud of it anyway
>spends centuries fighting itself for stupid reasons
>eventually gets tired of that and decides to spill blood elsewhere
>builds an "empire" by attacking massively technologically inferior countries
>gets ass owned to it as soon as someone on the same level gets involved
It's like a mirror.

They were very close allies for some time. The British helped build the Japanese railway network and practically created their navy. Tojo, the victor of Tsushima was educated in the British Royal Navy, In fact, their alliance only really broke down when the commonwealth countries, Australia and New Zealand, who were both extremely xenophobic towards Japan lobbied the British to end the alliance.

Why island faggots like other island faggots. Heh... Total mystery, lads.

Yeah shit I wonder why Australia & New Zealand got pissed at the Japanese.

Attached: 1522560863032.jpg (182x182, 4K)

>I know nothing about history of either country
you are funny guy

British Empire never got properly owned, unless you count by itself.

Because they were yellow. This is peak anti-Japanese racism of the sort you;'d see in Bugs Bunny Nips the Nips I did my Masters on the topic. There was a famous poem that was found in both places: 'Stars and stripes, if you please, save us from the Japanese.' Even back then the US was seen as the saviour from the yellow peril.

>-Don't really like US.
Japan doesn't hate the U.S. d-do they?

Attached: 1497402929629.jpg (317x239, 36K)

"Ruthless Empire that wanted to annex most of the world" describes quite a few countries.

They're split on it.

They both succeeded in their own way though.

Lesser of two evils.
When China is your nextdoor neighbor, uncle Sam is more tolerable by comparison

So why is karma catching up to Britain but not Japan ?

They like white people in general and they think the UK and the US are still white.

Attached: 1546106910504.jpg (1200x922, 157K)

This. They do it for every significant European country + America. Still waiting for them to develop interest in Australia so I can get a retarded Australia anime.

Karma is catching up to Japan though, they're working themselves to death, having no children and getting nuked from nature itself

Everyone in that picture is a jew

This.
But thinking about it, they probably have some similarities in the shared "island mentality"

Japan understand that if you want something, you have to work for it, they don't believe the world owes them a living like your average Brit does

Eldians represent europeans while marleyians+the world represent a multi-ethnic coalition.

Not only do eldians have the most european features (blond hair and blue eyes more often than the other races)

but their history is similar to that of europeans. Eldians are systematically discriminated against due to "colonization" and a supposed "6 quadrillion" death holocaust.

Attached: 1550536878562.jpg (862x960, 275K)

Iunno, France kinda put a serious kibosh on the superpower status when they won the American War of Independence.

Brittain will ally with Russia, you think they gave up their empire for nothing?

If anything, their fetish is clearly for the U.S., as far as GuP is concerned.

>watching the movie
>depressing scene
>Americans show up
>everyone starts cheering
>this happens twice

It was an experience.

Both island nations with a monarchy post 1918.
Both monarchs are influential and respected but don't really hold any power.
British advisers helped modernize the Japanese Navy.
UK was a friend of Japan during the war with Russia in 1905.

Attached: doggerbank.jpg (1807x1384, 416K)

I want to lick Orange Pekoe's asshole

brit English was a mistake

Attached: r402.jpg (854x1200, 317K)

Where the fuck are the Scottish English doujinshis.

I shudder to think

>Jeremy Cornyn

Don't forget that Britain introduced the concept of railroads to Japan and they're so hooked on it that they have the best railroads in the world.

dosen't literally every west country hate russia ?

I didn't know UK's leaders have their own doujin.

>Draw it like absolute shit

It's a shame that Japan adopted the US plug instead of the superior BS1363. It's my only real gripe with Japan when I stayed there because bloody nothing was grounded, and I got static shocks everywhere I went.

I miss grounded plugs.

Every western country hates britain too

Cold warmongering for the sake of power grabbing and arm sales
Happens all the time

Here come the /pol/ comments!

Don't go on /pol/. I'm from the /snk/ threads

Attached: 1540403920116.png (960x963, 521K)

To be fair, most of the former USSR countries do as well.

You're like half an hour late slowpoke, and clearly you've not kept up with snk as they are literally jews in the manga, they even have armbands with stars on

>Nips will never understand the feeling of a proper Full English
>Nips will never have a homemade pasty
>Nips will never eat beer-battered Fish n' Chips
>Nips will never have a family roast down at the pub

They're jealous of our comfy cooking.

You're responding to the wrong post.

Eldians do not represent jews they represent europeans.

Jews were not the only people to ever wear arm bands in fact they more often than not wore badges instead of arm bands.

However the nazis wore a lot of arm bands.

Attached: 1546025481149.jpg (849x1200, 104K)

Britain wasn't a superpower at that point, despite American propaganda. It was a superpower after Napoleon put Europe through the grinder.

Britfag from Durham, I can confirm this exists irl 100%

a bit backstory is the city has a UNESCO world heritage site in the cathedral and castle and every god damn summer the city center is absolutely flooded with Japanese tourists. Considering Durham is really just a small scenic town town riding off one landmark and a uni its fucking insane how many Japanese acctually come here

Full English and Full Scottish are absolutely based meals

No matter how much I hate them, I also love them. There is nothing evil about an imperialist with good intentions. England made a large amount of our culture, gave us modern english, modern physics, modern literature, opened new trade routes, contributed to geography. We are still infatuated by the Anglo queen and would like to serve her. There is no greater empire than the British Empire.

Attached: 1489758387956m.jpg (1024x534, 117K)

Is there any country except maybe their chums saudi and Isreal That doesn't?

Riceland
You'll be surprised

BEADY EYES, ANGLO LIES

Attached: beady eyes.png (2439x819, 953K)

No country was considered a superpower until the cold war. The only 2 countries to be regarded as superpowers were the US and USSR.
What France did was help dismantle the first British Empire with the loss of the original jewel of the British empire.

BOMBER HARRIS DO IT AGAIN

Attached: 1492161764019.jpg (853x480, 88K)

Dude, Japan was an expanding hostile empire in their territory with a strongly expressed hatred of the European powers.

They had good reason to hate and fear them, and the feeling was mutual.

Britain is only like the 3rd or 4th most popular western country in anime.

You wouldn't have this problem if you lived in the midlands like a decent person.
Nottingham only gets tourists for Robin fucking hood.

It's not a question of who likes or dislikes them, it's whether they're more tolerable than the alternative, which they are for most of the world.
Try dealing with Chinks for a while and you realize that burgers are by far the lesser of two evils. They may not care much about you, but they at least act like humans.

>Country who was previously a ruthless empire that wanted to annex a most of the world has a fetish for another country that used to be a ruthless empire that successfully annexed most of the world.
ftfy

Attached: VV3MHOQ.jpg (1920x1080, 355K)

Still have multiple shows set there or in versions of England. In autumn last year there were 2 shows running at the same time set in England.

Attached: [RyuujiTK] Han-Gyaku-Sei Million Arthur - 01 [720p].mkv_snapshot_05.51_[2018.11.19_18.46.57].jpg (1280x720, 651K)

It was mostly the Canada problem. Canada couldn't reliably be defended without being allies with the Americans. And if the British has pursued closer ties with Japan it would have meant butting heads with America.

>UK fetish
You mean ntr?

And they've fetishized them so far they're basically they're own thing now, like カタカナ語

The midlands aren't real, pick a side already.

I didn't watch that show, but speaking as someone from D&G, it's nice to see it getting comprehensively clusterbombed out of existence. It will not be missed, as it has no compelling reason to exist.

Each Japanese person finds a single European country to obsess over, and glosses over the rest.. For example, Araki and Italy.

>yfw you bomb blackpool , everything south, the west coast of scotland for some reason, but basically leave liverpool and manchester intact.

Just from casual observation, they may be targeting their bombing campaign based on disappointingness as a holiday destination?

Not to mention ignoring L O N D O N

Polite and love tea and hate Papist scum

t. butthut cuckbrit

>Rabu tea
>Rabu sokkah
>Hato kurishtian
>simpuru.

To be fair, most of that would be totally incompatible with a normal Japanese diet.

Source on this?

it's not karma, just the natural end result of affluence + modern technology

>tfw not 1 (one, uno) anime character from my island because lol spic
Can I be honorary Englishman?

Attached: 1547441394478.gif (500x375, 1.98M)

Korea is working on it.

First off, they have a bigger fetish for Germans. Way bigger. Basically 9/10 fantasy shows are notGermany. Second, why choose a picture from a show that literally sports characters from any noteworthy country on earth?

British people are irrelevant. In anime, in geopolitics, in economics. It's time for you peolpe to accept that and move on with your lives. Nobody really gives a shit about your little island full of inbred subhumans.

Convert to Islam.

I'm pretty sure GuP doesn't have any non-Japanese characters. It just also features an ensemble cast of fanatical [x]aboos.

Cry some more Hans. You are addressing your message in English and your country lost twice before us. Germany wasn't even a nation until the 19th century. Kneel before my Anglo feet kraut subhuman.

Attached: 1540425830614.png (1202x1145, 1.82M)

>Australia
they already did

Attached: GEORGIE_screenshot1_1024x1024.jpg (715x530, 82K)

Remember that Aussie one with the aunt?

Attached: 1446696687735.jpg (1000x1000, 118K)

They don't know that it's just a shithole and think it's still the same as when Brits had some dignity.

>this chick is set up as a love interest of some sort
>shows her shagging another dude a few chapters in

>British people
>dignity
When was that? 15th century?

Success breeds jealousy. Show me a regional empire, left alone global empire that doesn't have imperialistic tendencies.

Cute gremlin.

They at the very least had some self respect even one century ago.

>The 3 Lions
i see 2

Thanks. Germans are cum dumpsters who do it for the Anglo money.

Attached: 1544360147755.jpg (600x900, 153K)

Fucking normalfaggots with their moralfaggotry bullshit. There's no morality in realpolitik. As to why does every empire fall sooner or later, use your brain.

Retard thread full of retard posters.
The Japanese don't fetishize any country except Japan.
>hurr durr there's like a dozen UK/German/US characters
compared to roughly a million Japanese ones, yeah.
It's also worth noting that when they make an anime about international affairs, history or different cultures it's generally grossly fantastical.

Reminds me of the infamous
>shoot your goo, my dude

>show me an empire without imperialist tendencies.
user, I agree with you, but this is terrible phrasing.

Post link to full thing

>an aggregate of peoples and territories, often of great extent, under the rule of a single person, oligarchy, or sovereign state
I was sure it meant a powerful country at least in current English.

Britain is Europe's version of Japan.

*After China.

False.

Japan is Asia's version of Britain.

Have you ever met a British tourist?

am bong, can confirm this is correct. Working with the general public makes me want to fucking self administer general respiratory failure.

Attached: 38672309672309.jpg (680x680, 85K)

I don't know man but i won't like to be in the UK right now it's full of fucking niggers and arabs, it's fucking disgusting,

>Hur dur europe is middle east 2
Are you serious?

It is, you fucking C U C K

How do you think an aggregate of populations end up under one rule?
Diplomatic imperialism is nonetheless imperial

Once again, I thought it meant a powerful country, didn't know that it has to be an aggregate.

thats more France i think

Nah, France has a ridiculously successful and extensive history of kicking the shit out of everyone they share a border with. Japan's mostly been at war with it's ancient enemy, Japan.

but Japan invaded China and Korea

Nips will never get smashed down the local spoons and order a large mixxed grill at 9:48 much to the chargin of the "chef" only to not eat half of it.

They'll never stop off for a shitty kebab at Abrakababra or Kababbies 2 on the weay home.

Being nip is suffering.

They do though. Constantly. They just do it at nipspoons, and get korean kebabs on the way home instead.

You're welcome.

im amazed they set a show in a shithole like Liverpool

Maybe historically, but currently I think Switzerland is a closer pick.

They fucking nuked Lincolnshire!

>nipspoon

Attached: 1541187901065.png (834x916, 822K)

I swear to god can those fucking iland monkeys ever do anything but repeat the same fucking shit over and over again fucking whoresons nobody gives a shit about your fucking empire even back in the day you could get fucking jailed for life for stealing a pencil and now you want me to bow before your holsatian royal family or what

We get it, you're American. Now shut up.

I wasn't complaining, just pointing out the nips fucking love english medieval shit and will fly halfway round the world to see it

>midlands
dude lmao the midlands are a myth you delusional Southie

I blame Nasu

Fuck off.
youtube.com/watch?v=6budgmrxpe4

It's fine because they replaced everyone with cute girls afterwards.

Attached: Million_Arthur_CG_-_HiRes.png (1920x1080, 1.49M)

Damned if I know. UK fucking sucks

Attached: mfw brits.png (500x1331, 898K)

E-even me!?

Crying that there isn't the whole series dubbed like this :(

fellow island coloniser nation surrounded by mainland assholes who hate them.

Japan is Asia's UK, UK is Europe's Japan.

Especially you

Attached: finna dab on you.jpg (1024x736, 56K)

They'll try.

Attached: [RyuujiTK] Han-Gyaku-Sei Million Arthur - 05 [720p].mkv_snapshot_17.51_[2018.12.16_21.35.32].jpg (1280x720, 488K)

The main difference is that people actually want to live in Japan.

Does that make Korea Japan's Ireland? They're even both partitioned.

>ywn have a qt Japanese gf and watch TV shows from your childhood with her nor watch TV shows from her childhood with her

Feels bad man

Attached: Early 2000's uk schoolkids.jpg (4752x3432, 3.93M)

Would make sense if Japan still owned a portion of Korea

They don't own any part of it though.

Attached: [Farfie] Joshiraku - 01 (BD Hi10-720p AAC).mkv_snapshot_21.51.jpg (1280x720, 147K)