What older anime should get a modern remake?

What older anime should get a modern remake?

Attached: Screen-Shot-2017-05-18-at-5.08.04-AM-770x514.png (770x514, 550K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=cJUeqKpReOk
youtube.com/watch?v=kRwJvOm395E
youtube.com/watch?v=P7mev4vmLxA
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Kinnikuman. Actually, I'll take anything Kinnikuman related.

Attached: g9a9m-8P7SPX8C5X1-Full-Image_GalleryBackground-en-US-1493150135529._RI_SX940_.jpg (940x529, 40K)

If they remade HnK it would just end up being 3DCG like the modern installments are.

I hope they are still doing that Gundam 0079 remake. The show is great, but it is a bit dated. A better paced and animated version would be neat. And before anyone jumps at me with the LOGH remake, let me first point you towards Yamato 2199. Remakes can go either way. They can respect the original, or they can go the super bland cashgrab route.

Not if someone like David-pro does it. They know how to animate manly men, and they respect the material. With all the filler cut, it could be a 26 episode show.
Here is how I would see it going down:
>A double ength opening episode which covers the Shin Arc.
>eps 2-3 to introduce Rei and fang clan.
>4-5 for Jagi arc.
>6-7 for amiba.
>8-11 for Cassandra and Ken-oh.
>12-13 for Yuda arc.
>14-17 for Souther arc.
>18-26 for Brothers arc-Raoh arc.
If it is paced well, then it would be pretty high energy and action packed show.

Votoms, but without cgi.

This

Attached: kinniku.png (641x482, 314K)

>0079 remake
Hahaha that shit will NEVER happen user, and you know it. If it does, Gundam fans will literally riot.

Attached: 123549681234.jpg (500x331, 69K)

It already got one but more dorororon enma-kun is something I will never say no to. Preferably before we lose Wakamoto so we get more grandiose flamboyant demon king

>A better paced and animated version would be neat
0079 is perfectly paced though, it's already a masterpiece. There's absolutely nothing a new adaption could add.
>I hope they are still doing that Gundam 0079 remake.
That was never a thing, Gundam is getting a Hollywood movie however.

Doesn't sound bad actually. For me I would just want the art style to be really close to the original anime. I really liked that apocalyptic feel

>Rei introduced in episode 2.
>Is best bro for the whole first cour.
>Dies in the last episode of the first cour.
Nigga I don't think I could handle that.

I'd watch that.

Gundam The Origin is already a thing and most people like it, thay would be the perfect remake for 0079

Yu Yu Hakusho 2019 by Madhouse

I wanna see this animated all the way to the end youtube.com/watch?v=cJUeqKpReOk

If Smile Bomb is still the OP then sure

fuck remake, animate the rest of the Origin

None. Why would I want to watch the same anime again just with worse animation?

I would be okay with this if there was effort and CG was used to effect to model a lot of anatomy fangoriously exploding.

City Hunter

After seeing Cells and Tsubasa, saying DavidPro "animate" is quite generous.

It's HnK. They'd probably have a huge budget. It might help.

Lost Universe, complete with 90s artstyle

Attached: curseyoufire.jpg (252x200, 13K)

>Dororo
>Devilman
Cyborg 009.

newer HSDK is soulless, especially without that funky 70s inspired sound track.

HnK not HSDK* i am legally retarded

no anime should get a remake

Fuck no. Yu Yu hakusho is literally perfect. There is nothing they can upgrade. Hell, they would make the animation worse.

LOTGH, but properly

>implying it would be anything but CG trash

Attached: 1523921889741.jpg (1280x720, 96K)

speaking of CG trash its a tragedy what they are doing to kengan asura, why have something drawn that well turned into a CG monstrosity similar to your pic.

mostly time constraints since the anime industry has become about how many shows a studio can shove out per season

I agree with this but if a remake happens and they don't do Smile Bomb for the OP I'd be pretty pissed.

pic unrelated unless you enjoy 3DCG

Angel Densetsu

I mean modern series are all about "the delinquent that's not really a delinquent" it's about time they make an anime about the guy who started the trope

Attached: Angel.jpg (480x360, 19K)

Barefoot Gen
But everything is CG and moeblob

This, the feeling has never been and will never be captured again.

HxH 2011, FMAB and Yamato 2199 would disagree.

thats more of completing something that was incomplete and desu i like the direction they took original FMA seeing as how they didnt have any source to go off of. i still like brotherhood better but i dont think fma was bad.

Imagine a new Akazukin Chacha adaption, but done by the same people who did the modern Mahoujin Guru Guru adaption

Attached: Akazukin Chacha - 12 [DVD H264] [EA717515].avi.jpg (640x480, 72K)

Give me a non-shit karakuri circus first.

Attached: x17.jpg (728x1155, 289K)

What's more sad is that the other series made by the Kengan mangaka with the cute girls doing lifting is getting an animated adaption.

this with Cat's eyes

Attached: 91f4870f3369457c0a56bbfe1889d872--cat-s-city-hunter.jpg (525x890, 97K)

>HOHOEMI WASURETA KAO NA NO MITAKU WA NAI SAAA

Attached: e1cb4a21-f034-4985-923f-09ec6fc6ee52-screen-shot-2018-04-18-at-105626-am~01.png (801x801, 802K)

Initial D

愛を取り戻せえええええええ!!!

Entire shin arc in two episodes? You serious, man?

I actually really enjoyed the CGI votoms specials.

AIIIIII WO
TORIMODOSEEEEEEEEEeeeeeEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Attached: 1547527005098.png (1324x811, 1.27M)

It was like 10 chapters in the manga. And if it is a 45 minute episode, it can tell a self contained story that sets up the world, the martial arts, Kenshiro, his backstory and Shin. I have seen some 45 minute episodes tell a damn good complete story that made me care and get invested. But it needs to be really well directed.

Soul Eater

Recca >>>YYH

Make it happen mappa

Attached: recca.png (1023x534, 1.39M)

This is a retarded idea. Half of the point of HnK was that Ken was on a long and painful journey. You can't have that if you're going fucking Pokemon on important plot points just to collect 'em all.

They should do what they did with Yamato remake, but to Ideon. That shit would be cool.

Time to re-read based Kitano

Attached: 1550511745349.png (250x280, 44K)

when they add Pokuta in that series as well

You don't fucking say things like that, man

Attached: 1546628211505.jpg (220x276, 14K)

FPBP, i hope you meant the first series, the original.

And they better not censor it.

Guyver

Old Tomino mecha shows and captain Harlock.

DB with this art style

Attached: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTlEJI5LToUsQZ9J84tSBcTQTpDefulC5gMJeor4soS6dKSSV0-.jpg (300x168, 24K)

Sort of hope that both anime adaptations are largely ignored so that you people don't destroy the manga threads to be honest

>Old Tomino mecha shows
And don't just do another Raideen.

Time for zabunguru zabunguru

gross, it needs to be at least 50 episodes

>Imagine Ideon remake done in the style of pic related.

Attached: yamato.jpg (736x518, 99K)

Shaman King

no we have Deku now with 7 quirks

>Old Tomino mecha shows
Which ones?
>Zambot?
>MSG?
>Ideon?
>Xabungle?
>Dunbine?
>Vifam?
>L-gaim?
How would people react to the ending of Ideon if it were a weekly show right now and ended the exact same way?

No. 39 at the most. Going over that would make the pacing way too damn slow.

the pacing in first series was fine and it was 109 episodes you filthy zoomer

No it wasn't like 40% of that was either shitty filler or clips shows. And the rest is slow as fuck. Fact is, there are very few shows that deserve a 50 or more episode lenght. Any good story can be told in 26-39 and shows going over that, don't usually need to do that.

cancer killing the industry

imagine this with new art style

Attached: dallos_21.jpg?w=632.jpg (624x310, 93K)

please tell me you have been bullshitting this entire thread. just say you are pretending, for my sake.

>squeezing 250 chapters into 39 episodes
No thanks

Kimba
Sally the Witch
Himitsu no Akko-chan

Shaman King with the late manga artstyle.

Attached: ezgif-5-15657be1e037.jpg (934x964, 390K)

it wasnt originally japanese but i'd love if TNG got an anime adaptation, shit would be pure kino plus wesley is perfect for that, every anime has an annoying little shit in it

/m/ despises the origin anime. Only plebs liked it.

/m/ are autists though, they unironically like Votoms

Die in a fire, zoomer trash.

It'd be shit since Japan is more conservative now than ever and HnK was already downplayed before then.

if you don't like votoms, you have casual taste in anime

that's fine with me I would rather be a casual and have fun rahter than watch Votoms again lol

none, chances are they would become a cgi wankfest.

Attached: high quality anime my-sister-my-writer-animation-fail-08.jpg (750x750, 102K)

3x3 Eyes

Attached: 3x3.Eyes.full.1642.jpg (1024x768, 349K)

I'm wondering if Kawamori would ever remake the original SDF Macross

There have been great remakes too.

Nigga what planet are you from? Tv anime is almost as edgy now as the OVA's were back in the 80.

Fuck you. You think you are so great because you can watch 50+ episodes of filler? You fucking loser.

40TH FUCKING ANNIVERSARY THIS YEAR WE HAVE TO HAVE SOME KINNIKUMAN NEWS THIS YEAR.

Attached: X4.png (870x1400, 1.23M)

Fitting 137 chapters (up to raoh arc's end) into 39 episodes would be a piece of cake. Just recently Jojo parts 4 (174 chapters) and part 5 (155 chapters) fit all of their chapters into 39 episodes.

youtube.com/watch?v=kRwJvOm395E

No. Face it, most 50 episode shows don't need to be that long. They could tell the same story in less episodes, but they stretch it out with filler, episodic side quests and slow as fuck pacing. Fuck your long ass shows and fuck you if you think watching 50+ ep shows gives you some sort of clout.

Trigun

fuck your fortnite playing zoomer ass, not every story can be told in 25 episodes

Suck my cock, piece of shit. That so called "filler" is what made HnK great. Stick to watching seasonal shit.

Yeah fuck you doomer. I have never played a video game in my life. Hell I respect old shows. Some of them are among my favorites (Rose of Versilles, LOGH, Many Gundam shows, Ashita no joe). I have the patience to sit through all of them no problem. But that doesn't. mean I approve of the ridiculously long and unearned run-time. The only show that used its long run time wisely was LOGH and that was because there was so much story to tell in that show. But the rest of them just stretch it out way past the length it needed to be.
Fuck you too. I never watch seasonal shit. I only watch shows that I feel like watching at the moment, so you missed me with that insult.

This. As much as I love Jojo, once stands were introduced and with it the idea that anyone could possible be as powerful as the main characters, it got bloated with fights and characters that ultimately contribute nothing to the plot or characterization. At least the fight against The Sun wasn't two episodes, like every other fight in Part 3.

But it probably could have easily done the same with half as many episodes, but scenes get dragged-out to fit every line of redundant expository dialog and pad it out.

Attached: 1b8.png (844x616, 514K)

faggot, go suck a dick

Berserk

Zoomers are so fucking cute

Attached: waifu.png (307x352, 104K)

how come they Toriyama wants to draw kid Goku with toned muscles nowadays? classic goku had muscles but he would also have a bunch of soft parts as well (since, you know, he's a kid)

by BONES

now this I can actually see being a good remake

Babel 2's never got a good adaptation outside the early 70's anime.

Are you insulting me or trying to hit on me?

That Indian SJW that looks like Alice Cooper is working with Netflix to make your dream come true.

>What older anime should get a modern remake?
That's a monkey's paw you're playing with. Need I remind you of this?

Attached: 1533034847400.png (853x480, 296K)

BEEFCAKE

It sometimes works out. Once the economy gets better, the quality may rise again.

>Once the economy gets better
a big if there my friend

To all the people in this thread arguing about the length of a hypothetical Hnk remake:

25 to 50 episodes may very well not be enough to cover everything from the story up until Raoh's death. On the other hand it clearly shows that the runtime of the original anime was stretched out extremely. Probably to milk it for money. Who the fuck knows how many episodes are ideal.

Now let's discuss what you would love to see in a good remake. Red blood instead of glowing white is an obvious point. Flashier visuals on techniques like Tenha Kassatsu, Southers ultimate attack etc. And of course there's no way to have a different op than ai wo torimodose.

>Once the economy gets better

Attached: 1524512180135.jpg (298x403, 32K)

Dororo turned out pretty good though.

That's not anime, although the normals will say it is

This movie is so fucking underrated it's like real anime

I have to watch it again in the theaters

Attached: nigger.png (875x600, 361K)

>tfw air gear will never get the full series it deserves

>air gear

now that's a stinking pile of shit that deservers a horrid CGI adaptation

I would enjoy more Getter but mecha is dead.

He already did Do You Remember Love.

God, a straight-up adaptaiton of the 70s Getter manga would be so fucking awesome.
Such a shame they never did that

Attached: gettertomahawk.jpg (927x524, 244K)

but whose studio can do it? what do you think of MAPPA studio who is making Dororo?

Flashier techniques for my husbando Rei.

I actually want an anime of the continutation part of the manga since the original anime was fine and covered everything up until the manga ended.

Attached: s1.png (1828x1400, 1.13M)

he's my fav after Toki and Ken

I know what you mean brother, but there really is no remaking it. I am glad for what we got and the tears shed for out fallen comrades.

Hey if that is what it takes to get a faithful Berserk animation, then I'm game, no matter what country makes it. Fucking Japan had so many chances to do it justice, yet they failed to deliver and even managed to turn berserk into one of the most shitty anime of this decade. They don't deserve it anymore. Let someone else do it.

i want a new Ranma 1/2 only to see the garbage that sjw will throw out

I don't know man, without all the fillers, which is considerable, and without scretching it, heck, with lightning fast pacing in the beginning (just get it over with Shin for fucks sakes) and it could probably be some 64 episodes.

Who are we kidding though, we have a fucking sequel for Soten no Ken and look at that shit.

Ain't a new movie just came out few days ago?

I'm saying that 39 eps will be fine. Look at recent jojo parts. They cover about as much in 39 episodes and the pacing is just right.
As for what I would want in it? Well first of all I would want the fights to be smooth and well choreographed, and not bunch of still frames. Something like this would be acceptable:
youtube.com/watch?v=P7mev4vmLxA
Also, I want them to expand upon some characters and plot points. Reading HNK, I always felt that it was written with no clear plan in mind, thus there is little foreshadowing and things just kinda happen out of nowhere. Also characterization kinda suffers from it, since some characters act one way when they show up, but different later on, because the author figured out later what they wanted the character to be. It would be nice if they expanded on Jagi's role a bit. He was an interesting character who had a lot of promise, but in all versions he gets taken out really quick and never mentioned again. It would be cool if he got some scenes before his arc, that showcase his character. Also, Ryuga should get the same treatment. Have him be at Raoh's side from his first appearance onwards, thus cementing him as Raoh's top enforcer and a credible threat. And overall Raoh's army should get more characterization. I liked how the Raoh prequel Gaiden gave his army some 4 characters who were not crazy bastard and who helped to make his side feel more interesting.

Fist of the North Star
Kinnikuman
Saint Seiya
>inb4 Knights of the Netflix
no

I did. Germany remade all of their favorite anime in CG.

Exactly. There's not much they could do to make it worse other than make it not Berserk, which isn't that likely since the dude said he wanted it out of Hollywood's hands. It gets more hopeful since he already has a successful show under his belt and they could easily market it to non-anime watchers as having similar tone to Castlevania so Netflix would probably give the guy a blank check.

If it adapts 3 chapters per episode (like most anime do), Then it would be 45 episodes. If they go 3.5 chapters per episode, then it would be 39. And HNK ain't that dialogue or exposition heavy that it needs so much time. Hell if the fights are not in slow motion, then all of the fighting chapters would go by pretty quick.

Saint Seiya remake is Toei's emergency button and as long Myth Cloths EX pre-orders keep being sold out in a couple of hours it's not gonna happen.

I don't like that Adi guy. But any guy who says that he loves the berserk manga and that he wants to adapt it 1:1, and include scenes like Guts rape and lost children's arc (because they are important for character development), gets a few points from me. That's more dedication and love than the 2016 directors showed (he seemed to be more interested in his software than the story or characters).

the animation isn't even particularly good

Fuck off. The animation is literally perfect. YYH has to be the TV anime with the most sakuga in it. Almost every fight is animated in a slick and smooth way, with great choreography, constantly moving camera and great direction. The show overall has very good directing, colors look excellent, the artwork is detailed and the camera work is well though out and interesting. Hell YYH blows most current tv shows out of the water. So you take that back. They can not improve YYH in any way. There is nothing to improve here, because it is perfect. Have you seen the new OVA they just released. It literally looks like puke. And if they remade it, it would look like that.

None, I don't want to see them ruined by modern lazy animators and hack writers.

>If they remade HnK it would just end up being 3DCG

Attached: 1521733961410.jpg (1280x720, 373K)

>Votoms, but without cgi.
You'd have better luck selling music to a deaf man than getting modern "animators" to actually hand animate anything mechanical.

and without Akira Kamiya its a big NO

Yamato 2199 is an abberation.

This. And by Guyver I want all of the source material made into a show.

Sunrise is the last ones who can make their mecha look hand drawn, even though all mecha are now animated using a 3d figure that is basically empty lines, and then coloring it in. So even if it looks hand drawn, it's still kinda cgi though.

This. Even better, get WWE wrestlers to voice. Hulk Hogan as Terry and Kane as Warsman.

Captain Tsubasa?
It’s ridiculous it wasn’t in the UK.

They already fucked up when they made the original HnK2. No need to rehash HnK yet another time when they'll never match the original.

outside of 2199 I can't think of any genuinely good remake of a well known or cult older series

Attached: 6531639087012.jpg (133x189, 10K)

on second thought mahoujin guru guru remake was also really good
outside of those two can't think of any others

all that means is that there is a possibility for the one that user chooses to be great.

rather than playing those terrible odds, the industry should continue to work on OC. that way we don't shit on past masterpieces and we have the upside of maybe producing a classic.

Attached: chopper butt mouse pad 1423844859142.jpg (300x263, 15K)

Gegege no Kita- oh.
Jojo's bizzar- oh.
Captain Tsub- oh.
Uh... Ranma 1/2

>Rose of Versilles
>the rest of them just stretch it out way past the length it needed to be
Are you serious Zoomboy?

Urotsukidoji

Hulk Hogan would be better suited with Neptuneman

Attached: King_Neptune_kinnikuman.jpg (703x425, 99K)

Attached: sakigake otokojuku.jpg (630x320, 120K)

rurouni kenshin

Evangelion

Oh lord yes.

Attached: Kitano Seiichirou.jpg (545x609, 165K)

what the fuck does fist of the north star need a remake for

It has a remake airing right now

More accessible way of introducing it to a newer audience that makes money for the people involved?